Conquer Club

[GP] Undo, Redo, Mulligan, Take Back Options

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: "Return to assault" button

Postby rishaed on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:18 pm

greenoaks wrote:the op wants this because it is difficult to always click the correct button on his little screen. if extra buttons are to be added then there are many other people who may want one to cover their misclicks.

so lets fill those tiny screens with buttons. or you could just suck it up.

But his suggestion doesn't change the game. :roll: It would be like playing risk with your friends in RL, where you pause while considering on whether you want to reinforce, or continue attacking where suddenly you see a great opportunity across the board, where you can attack. Now If I was told I couldn't attack ppl b/c of the fact that I paused too long it would make me mad. Its simple, If you reinforce you can't attack anymore, but as long as you haven't started reinforcing technically the only thing that's keeping you from attacking is that you clicked a button called "end attacks." Logically if you haven't reinforced then in RL Risk you may still attack, I don't see why its such a problem to make it the same here. Its not an undo button its a oh hey, I just spotted an opportunity elsewhere where I could attack and set my self up nicely next turn kind of button.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Re: "Return to assault" button

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:32 pm

greenoaks wrote:the op wants this because it is difficult to always click the correct button on his little screen. if extra buttons are to be added then there are many other people who may want one to cover their misclicks.

so lets fill those tiny screens with buttons. or you could just suck it up.

I agree that things shouldn't be built in to accommodate people fat fingering things on their phones. In that regard, I agree for them to just suck it up. Though I support this return to assault feature as if you haven't made any reinforcements, you should still be able to attack.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Re: Undo, Redo, Mulligan, Take Back Options

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:38 pm

MERGED with the thread in Rejected Suggestions that deals with the same thing. Editing OP.

A few things about this:
  • This would take more than just an hour of coding. There is virtually no new implementation on this site that can be accomplished in that short a time frame.
  • Having an undo button changes the game. This is especially true in freestyle.
  • Basically, mistakes happen in most games (Cards, chess, board games, sports). There is generally no undo button unless you are playing against a computer. And even that is pretty cheap. Just take your screwup and learn from it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jjleblanc25 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:24 pm

With all due respect, this thread should not have have been merged here. The original posting from 2006 calls for an UNDO button that would have permitted deployments, attacks, and other GAME CHANGING actions to be implemented. This is not what I have asked for. I'm talking about developing a simple button to return to attacks prior to a reinforcement being made. No change to the game would be necessary, no advantages provided to any one person, and nothing that would complicate/delay/interfere with players that do not wish to use the button.
Colonel jjleblanc25

Postby greenoaks on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:58 am

jjleblanc25 wrote:With all due respect, this thread should not have have been merged here. The original posting from 2006 calls for an UNDO button that would have permitted deployments, attacks, and other GAME CHANGING actions to be implemented. This is not what I have asked for. I'm talking about developing a simple button to return to attacks prior to a reinforcement being made. No change to the game would be necessary, no advantages provided to any one person, and nothing that would complicate/delay/interfere with players that do not wish to use the button.

there is an advantage. you get to undo your 'action'.

get it right the first time. there is no undo, redo, mulligan or take back option.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:33 am

jjleblanc25 wrote:With all due respect, this thread should not have have been merged here. The original posting from 2006 calls for an UNDO button that would have permitted deployments, attacks, and other GAME CHANGING actions to be implemented. This is not what I have asked for. I'm talking about developing a simple button to return to attacks prior to a reinforcement being made. No change to the game would be necessary, no advantages provided to any one person, and nothing that would complicate/delay/interfere with players that do not wish to use the button.

There are probably at least 50 threads merged here, not just yours and an original. It's already been rejected. There will be no option like this. Sometimes I wish there was for myself as well, because I screw up sometimes too. The bottom line is BE CAREFUL.
Lieutenant chapcrap

troop placement/reinforcement misclick fix

Postby davidprichard on Tue May 21, 2013 9:51 am

So I know I can't be the only one that ends up trying to reinforce from one spot to another and realize I had it backwards or tries to place a portion of my troops on one territory, but accidently click too many times and end up placing all of them there. I've blown up 3 or 4 games from stupid errors like that, my errors, but easy ones to fix potentially.

So, my suggestion is some sort of buffer time. Maybe like 5 seconds? You can click the reset button and it goes back 5 seconds on anything you've done in your turn (excluding attacks obviosly so someone can't just redo it if they get some bad rolls).

This way if you do accidently place wrong, or reinforce wrong you can click the button real quick and redo. This would basically be the same as if in a physical Risk game you started to place 10 troops and one more fell out of your hand so you picked it right back up and placed it somewhere else. I can't see where it would have any negative effect on anyone else as long as attacks weren't a part of it. Maybe it would have to be for sequencial and not freestyle though as well just so you don't place, see someone else place and then move your troops real quick. But I play almost all sequencial anyways, so that's what I'm really thinking of.
Colonel davidprichard

Re: troop placement/reinforcement misclick fix

Postby The Voice on Tue May 21, 2013 10:05 am

Freestyle games make this suggestion impossible in my mind.

This has happened to me many times. Do you use Firefox as your browser? If so, I would install greasemonkey use a couple greasemonkey scripts, BOB and Clickable Maps: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=73696#p1771986.

They offer you confirmations (e.g. "are you sure you want to fort X?")
Major The Voice

Re: troop placement/reinforcement misclick fix

Postby greenoaks on Tue May 21, 2013 5:10 pm

davidprichard wrote:So I know I can't be the only one that ends up trying to reinforce from one spot to another and realize I had it backwards or tries to place a portion of my troops on one territory, but accidently click too many times and end up placing all of them there. I've blown up 3 or 4 games from stupid errors like that, my errors, but easy ones to fix potentially.

So, my suggestion is some sort of buffer time. Maybe like 5 seconds? You can click the reset button and it goes back 5 seconds on anything you've done in your turn (excluding attacks obviosly so someone can't just redo it if they get some bad rolls).

This way if you do accidently place wrong, or reinforce wrong you can click the button real quick and redo. This would basically be the same as if in a physical Risk game you started to place 10 troops and one more fell out of your hand so you picked it right back up and placed it somewhere else. I can't see where it would have any negative effect on anyone else as long as attacks weren't a part of it. Maybe it would have to be for sequencial and not freestyle though as well just so you don't place, see someone else place and then move your troops real quick. But I play almost all sequencial anyways, so that's what I'm really thinking of.

you can't code away stupidity.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:04 pm

MERGED: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=190953&view=unread#p4176973

And I'm gonna go ahead and sticky this one.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Option to remove the Auto-Assault button

Postby casper on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Concise description:
  • Add an option in game settings to remove the auto-assault button.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will prevent accidental auto-assaults. I just unintentionally auto-assaulted an opponent while playing on my phone. While my big fingers are to blame, I'd prefer the option just to not have auto-assault there in the first place.
  • Would clean up the interface for users who don't use or don't like the auto-assault button.
Major casper

Re: Option to remove the Auto-Assault button

Postby jltile1 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:57 pm

casper wrote:Concise description:
  • Add an option in game settings to remove the auto-assault button.

• This will prevent accidental auto-assaults. I just unintentionally auto-assaulted an opponent while playing on my phone. While my big fingers are to blame, I'd prefer the option just to not have auto-assault there in the first place.
  • Would clean up the interface for users who don't use or don't like the auto-assault button.

Done it with I pad more than once..
Major jltile1

Re: Option to remove the Auto-Assault button

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:29 am

Why not be more careful next time you're pushing buttons like a mad man?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Implement a "confirm" at the end of deployments

Postby ebt1972 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:54 am

At the end of the deployment section, add a dialogue to confirm correct deployments.
  • if yes, continue.
  • if no, restart deployments

Specifics/Details:
  • xxxxxxx

• It'll save the internet from being covered in gore when my sheer frustration at misclicks causes my kidneys to explode.
  • it has NO negative impact on attacks, they continue as usual..... so no sneaky take backs ;)
Sergeant 1st Class ebt1972

Re: Implement a "confirm" at the end of deployments

Postby clangfield on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:24 am

ebt1972 wrote:At the end of the deployment section, add a dialogue to confirm correct deployments.
  • if yes, continue.

Specifics/Details:
  • xxxxxxx

• It'll save the internet from being covered in gore when my sheer frustration at misclicks causes my kidneys to explode.
  • it has NO negative impact on attacks, they continue as usual..... so no sneaky take backs ;)

Possibly also, an 'Undo' option which works sequentially back to the beginning (again, deployment only!). I wouldn't fancy a complete restart on a big map with few players.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby betiko on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 am

humm why not...
Major betiko

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Honestly, I like this, but I'd rather see other suggs implemented. If it was optional, that would be better.

If this suggestion doesn't go through, we can rest assured that the Internet will survive from a greater influx of gore.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 pm

It has been announced over and over that there is no storage of moves thus no 'undo's'.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby delilahplay2 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:09 am

I Completely agree with this - was actually going to suggest this thread myself. A day or two ago I lost a game wholly based on the fact that I 'accidentally' (I maintain that there was a bug....) deployed my overwhelming marauding force on a dead end territory (Telvanis in the Tamriel map). Had I not done this I would have taken out my opponent and won the game. I realised what had happened as soon as it had been deployed and felt physically sick. Seriously.
So the chance to restart the deployment (which I guess would involve saving the details of my original troop statuses at the time I started the round - before deployment, if this is not already done so) is definitely supported by me.
Sergeant 1st Class delilahplay2

Postby greenoaks on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:10 am

ebt1972 wrote:At the end of the deployment section, add a dialogue to confirm correct deployments.
  • if yes, continue.

Specifics/Details:
  • xxxxxxx

no amount of coding will overcome your stupidity.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby clangfield on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:34 am

patrickaa317 wrote:It has been announced over and over that there is no storage of moves thus no 'undo's'.

It has the information to write out "[player] deployed N troops on X" - it only has to store that info for one turn, a simple string or array should suffice.
Just because there isn't currently, doesn't mean there can never be... it's called progress.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:17 am

This would get me pulling out my hair if I had to click Confirm in each and every turn.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:44 pm

clangfield wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:It has been announced over and over that there is no storage of moves thus no 'undo's'.

It has the information to write out "[player] deployed N troops on X" - it only has to store that info for one turn, a simple string or array should suffice.
Just because there isn't currently, doesn't mean there can never be... it's called progress.

I understand that, I'm not saying I'm personally opposed to it just letting you know what the powers that be are going to say.

I do agree with TFO that if I had to click confirm, i'd get pretty annoyed.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby clangfield on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:36 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
clangfield wrote:

I understand that, I'm not saying I'm personally opposed to it just letting you know what the powers that be are going to say.

I do agree with TFO that if I had to click confirm, i'd get pretty annoyed.

Maybe it's something that one could set as a personal preference on one's profile? Perhaps with an option to exclude speed games?
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:43 pm

It would make freestyle horrible lol, but eh.. I would be OK with it for team games/clan war games etc.. maybe as an option.
Colonel NoSurvivors

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions