Conquer Club

I am Psychosomatically Ill Right Now...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

I am Psychosomatically Ill Right Now...

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:56 am

:sick:

The thought has virtually made my stomach heave!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/21/us/califo ... google_cnn
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Re: I am Psychosomatically Ill Right Now...

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:06 am

dead body found in water tank of hotel after 19 or so days of decomposing.

Interesting....

The results of the testing showed no harmful bacteria in the tank or the pipes, according to Angelo Bellomo, director of environmental health for the department. Chlorine in the city's water may be the reason it is safe, he said.

Even more interesting...

All of the tanks and pipes in the building still must be drained, flushed and sanitized, Bellomo said. The water will be retested after that process, which should take several days, he said.

Why?

If you want a reservation at the Cecil you will have to wait until next month. The website said the hotel is "sold out" until March 1. After then, you can book a room for $65.

Good.

Except for the question directed at the regulator, all is at ease.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:24 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:

Except this:

"The shower was awful," Sabina Baugh said. "When you turned the tap on, the water was coming black first for two seconds and then it was going back to normal."

The tap water "tasted horrible," Baugh said. "It had a very funny, sweety, disgusting taste. It's a very strange taste. I can barely describe it."

Isn't there a "daily inspection" of hotel water tanks?
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:29 am

CreepersWiener wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Except this:

"The shower was awful," Sabina Baugh said. "When you turned the tap on, the water was coming black first for two seconds and then it was going back to normal."

The tap water "tasted horrible," Baugh said. "It had a very funny, sweety, disgusting taste. It's a very strange taste. I can barely describe it."

Assuming that black water is related to the dead body in the tank and not the local sanitation company, would removing the body and running the water end the black water problem?

I don't know, and I'm fairly certain you don't either.

What percent of people did not complain about the water? (We don't know, do we? Because that would be helpful to know. We could compare those numbers with the 2 or 3 complaints from the article. Some people will bitch about things that are perfectly fine and inspected daily. Some people reinvent their history if you sparkle it with a detail, which need not actually be related. Just sayin'.).
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:13 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Except this:

Assuming that black water is related to the dead body in the tank and not the local sanitation company, would removing the body and running the water end the black water problem?

What percent of people did not complain about the water? (We don't know, do we? Because that would be helpful to know. We could compare those numbers with the 2 or 3 complaints from the article. Some people will bitch about things that are perfectly fine and inspected daily. Some people reinvent their history if you sparkle it with a detail, which need not actually be related. Just sayin'.).

That's well and good...except there was a corpse in the water supply!
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:02 pm

you're psychosomatically the third right now?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Army of GOD wrote:you're psychosomatically the third right now?

...ill.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:06 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Except this:

That's well and good...except there was a corpse in the water supply!

Major BigBallinStalin

Postby AAFitz on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:20 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Except this:

And some people make ridiculous arguments about absolutely everything just for fun. :roll:
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby AAFitz on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:30 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Except this:

I do and the answer is absolutely not.

Bacteria would have latched onto so many surfaces in the tank, and pipes that running it would have done nothing in the long run. While some would have been washed away, millions of others would have multiplied in the thousands of pockets of area that would not have been flushed, so that at some point they may have multiplied and may have gotten people very sick.

Depending upon the particular bacteria, some of those people may very well have developed health problems, both immediate and long term that have even yet to surface.

Tainted water is responsible for millions if not billions of deaths. Making sure its clean, is hardly some trivial, costly waste of time and resources.... Its one of the core basic needs of any civilization.

Once again, I hope you are just trolling for attention, because if you cant immediately see the need for comprehensive measures in a situation like this to insure peoples health and lives....your perception of your intelligence, is just a little bit inflated...
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:54 am

Your opinion doesn't matter, Fitz.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:25 pm

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Timminz on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:34 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:

...ill.

You'll what?
Captain Timminz

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Timminz wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:

...ill.

You'll what?

He can't do anything. He needs a license to do so.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:18 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Except this:

This reminds me of the cruise line fiasco thing that happened recently (I'm just going with fiasco because it's a funny word).

The U.S. media (the generic term, not the synyonym for "liberal media") reported on how horrible the conditions were and took interviews with various passengers. I read an article (no, I don't have it anymore) where the position was that the U.S. media was absurd in its reporting. It was making stories out of nothing. The article noted that 90% of the people on the fiasco cruise did not do interviews and did not really complain about the fiasco. The 10% who did complain were interviewed ad naseum in the search for something to report on the fiasco.

My mental reply to the article was - "This is what happens, I suppose when the public longs for and watches these types of stories. It's linked to the reason why everyone hates the Kardashians and reality TV, but those shows are wildly popular."

Anyway, this reminds me of the fiasco cruise because the media probably went out of their way to only interview people who would give complaints. Gotta generate viewers!
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:51 pm

Exactly.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby AAFitz on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:23 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Your opinion doesn't matter, Fitz.

Thats fine, but you advocate holocaust jokes and now drinking dead people....

Thats some fucked up shit right there dude.
Too much. I know.

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,