Conquer Club

Best (Randomness) Of 2012 Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (7/12) Day Three

Postby pancakemix on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Isn't a vote (outside of certian special circumstances) a demand that someone either be lynched or claim?

I'd disagree. More often, it's an expression of suspicion at most. Either way, I put the offer out there for someone to actively ask for me to claim. No one did. So it goes.

@Jonty: I voted for neb, post-Kanin-in-a-bubble.

Also note that neb is now jumping on the feeble gregwolf case. Seems like throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:44 pm

pancakemix wrote:
Isn't a vote (outside of certian special circumstances) a demand that someone either be lynched or claim?

I'd disagree. More often, it's an expression of suspicion at most. Either way, I put the offer out there for someone to actively ask for me to claim. No one did. So it goes.

@Jonty: I voted for neb, post-Kanin-in-a-bubble.

Also note that neb is now jumping on the feeble gregwolf case. Seems like throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.

Yes, we at least need a claim today...Gregwolf likes to lay low, so as not to incriminate himself with anything he might say. I'd like to see what he's hiding. I may be wrong, but hell, at least I'm posting...
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:49 am

ill claim if i need to but id rather not, and neb i am posting now, but right now i don't got anything more substantial than my gut saying look at this.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby jonty125 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Vote Count
Gregwolf121 (2) - rishead; Neuchadnezer
thechuck51 (1) - edocsil;
Nebuchadnezer (1) pancakemix;

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Friday 1 March @ 1600 GMT. If the vote count were to remain the same, gregwolf121 would be lynched.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:40 pm

edocsil wrote:Vote Gregwolf

I don't want a want a quick lynch formed at random before the end of the day. As it is, one random vote could easily be put into a quick deadline hammer. I am not really convinced the the case on greg is that great, and will

Eh, screw that. unvote vote Chuck We've got to do better for cases than, "Ehh, I thought he was scummy D1" is not valid D3. So I'm voting Chuck for wagoning a shitty hang the inactive case, and pretending it's legitimate because of a gut feeling.

if you changed your mind why not edit your post before submitting it? you vote greg then immediately talk about how its a bad idea because somebody could quick hammer. then you cut yourself off mid-sentence to vote for me. why not just scrap the part of your post that you no longer think is right and just post your vote on me? I'm not saying your vote on me isn't reasonable because based on my poor play in this game it is. Your post just seems odd.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby spiesr on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:39 am

Alright, we are in a tough spot right now. All these modkills are screwing us over, having killed as many townies as the scum have. (And more powerful ones too!) Depending on how mnay scum we started with we might reasonably be at MYLO now.

Gregwolf, I would like it if you were to claim. At least unless you have a strong reason why claiming right now would be harmful.
We need some info, did anybody get an action from Kanin and get some helpful info from it last night?

I still would kind of like it if pancakemix where the one lynched today, (Or at least he shows us his supposedly provable claim.) but right now that doesn't seem feasible.
I will now Vote Chuck He hasn't been very active so there isn't a lot of stuff you can use as evidence against him, but here is what I have.
show
Here he takes his vote off DoomYoshi near the end of Day 1 in a move the contributes to DoomYoshi not having to claim that Day. Also, he implies that no lynch is the way to go, but doesn't commit a vote to it.
Interestingly he calls Kanin out for something similiar but more direct here:
thechuck51 wrote:Besides, back in day 1 you were protecting Doom:
show
Also, I am still waiting for a response to this:
show
Captain spiesr

Postby edocsil on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:46 am

thechuck51 wrote:
edocsil wrote:Vote Gregwolf

I don't want a want a quick lynch formed at random before the end of the day. As it is, one random vote could easily be put into a quick deadline hammer. I am not really convinced the the case on greg is that great, and will

Eh, screw that. unvote vote Chuck We've got to do better for cases than, "Ehh, I thought he was scummy D1" is not valid D3. So I'm voting Chuck for wagoning a shitty hang the inactive case, and pretending it's legitimate because of a gut feeling.

if you changed your mind why not edit your post before submitting it? you vote greg then immediately talk about how its a bad idea because somebody could quick hammer. then you cut yourself off mid-sentence to vote for me. why not just scrap the part of your post that you no longer think is right and just post your vote on me? I'm not saying your vote on me isn't reasonable because based on my poor play in this game it is. Your post just seems odd.

It shows my thought process, it also would only be a one or two line post that I spent 20+ minutes trying to figure out what I wanted to say.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:08 am

spiesr wrote:I will now Vote Chuck He hasn't been very active so there isn't a lot of stuff you can use as evidence against him, but here is what I have.
show
Here he takes his vote off DoomYoshi near the end of Day 1 in a move the contributes to DoomYoshi not having to claim that Day. Also, he implies that no lynch is the way to go, but doesn't commit a vote to it.
Interestingly he calls Kanin out for something similiar but more direct here:
thechuck51 wrote:Besides, back in day 1 you were protecting Doom:
show
Also, I am still waiting for a response to this:
show

You have to consider the context. When kanin was calling for no more claims we had a single claim (bodyguard), later in the day when i posted what you have quoted we had a second claim (doctor). Its not quite the same.

As far as why I was responding to a post directed at Kanin. WHen I initially read it I thought it was directed at me since it was the post immediately after mine.

Postby jonty125 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:54 am

jonty125 wrote:Vote Count
Gregwolf121 (2) - rishead; Neuchadnezer
thechuck51 (2) - edocsil; spiesr
Nebuchadnezer (1) pancakemix;

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Friday 1 March @ 1600 GMT. If the vote count were to remain the same, a 24 hour run-off will be enforced.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby rishaed on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:15 pm

hmm, I FOS'd you earlier, and I want a claim today from someone. unvote vote Chuck
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:34 pm

I am ??? - Town ??? Gifter

I don't know what my gift is. I can send a gift each day. Day 1 I gifted Neb, day 2 I gifted spiesr, and day 3 I gifted rish

Postby rishaed on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:36 pm

You gift on days???! I'm not quite sure I'm catching what you mean. . . Does that mean I should be getting a gift tonight, or what?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Shit. I shouldn't have included you in my list. i was just looking at my sent messages and didnt think to consider that you havent actually received it yet but yes you should have a gift to use tonight.

Postby gregwolf121 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:29 pm

what mafia game does your role come from,
and do others want me to claim along with spiesr?
Captain gregwolf121

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:34 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:what mafia game does your role come from,

Role gift mafia 2

Postby spiesr on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:06 pm

Unvote
I am confirm this claim. (It is the thing I mentioned earlier when asking if pancakemix was what I thought he might be.)
The gift is the busdriver action.

Now I have to find another target for today. Vote pancakemix in the meantime.
Captain spiesr

Postby rishaed on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:11 pm

Okay unvote. This could get interesting :). Now to hope I don't die tonight... I am willing to believe his claim on various reasonings, so If it was true that PCM was at L-2 even though I think that he is town. . . hmm do you guys think that there is another gifter out there? I mean if everyone can claim ??? town gifter it would be very easy.

Postby spiesr on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:16 pm

rishaed wrote:Okay unvote. This could get interesting :). Now to hope I don't die tonight... I am willing to believe his claim on various reasonings, so If it was true that PCM was at L-2 even though I think that he is town. . . hmm do you guys think that there is another gifter out there? I mean if everyone can claim ??? town gifter it would be very easy.
Gifter roles are claims that can actually be confirmed. (In that another player receives actual proof of the role's existence when they get the gift.) As such, the only way a scum could fake a claim like that in this game would be to say he gifted to his scum mates and have them back up his story.
Captain spiesr

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:49 pm

thechuck51 wrote:I am ??? - Town ??? Gifter

I don't know what my gift is. I can send a gift each day. Day 1 I gifted Neb, day 2 I gifted spiesr, and day 3 I gifted rish

I confirm that I received a busdrive gift night one. I bussed myself with Edoc.

So, knowing that there was no nightkill N1 (the assumption being that Soundman hid behind mafia), I tend to believe that Rishaed is town, as Hank protected him, thus preventing the kill. Even if mafia targeted Edoc, Rishaed would have body guarded him, then got saved by Hank...either way, resulting in Rishaed being town. I guess someone could have protected another player from a nightkill, too...but that would be highly unlikely, so I'll rule that out.

thechuck - busdrive gifter
Rishaed - bodyguard
Spiesr - ?
Neb - ? (busdrove Edoc and Neb N1)
Edoc - ?
Pancake - ?
Gregwolf - ?

What do you mean by "want me to claim along with spiesr?" I don't get it...are you a gifter as well, then? Are you two tied together, ie. masons?

Here something else that caught my eye in review...
Kanin Usagi wrote:If it helps make me seem less scummy to people, I will say that Nebuchadnezzar did not visit anyone last night. Also, just because Doom did not specifically mention myself does not in itself mean I am scum. He just didn't see me as a good target to focus attention on.

Kanin must have tracked me on night 2. This means that I did not kill Iron on night two. While I guess I could still be a third mafia, it certainly narrows down my options, as I would be a pretty lame mafia, with no night action.

Spiesr...who did you drive N2? Odd that you didn't come out with that right away.

Man, we're cutting deadline close, people...why do we always wait so long to get conversation going?!?

Postby spiesr on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
What do you mean by "want me to claim along with spiesr?" I don't get it...are you a gifter as well, then? Are you two tied together, ie. masons?
He means that I want him to claim, and he wants to know if anybody else wants him to claim.
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Spiesr...who did you drive N2? Odd that you didn't come out with that right away.
I haven't mentioned it yet because I since my busdriving didn't alter any claimed actions I think it might be better to wait and see if somebody claims something that can be disproved by it. So unless a Cop investigated somebody last Night or something that I might have screwed up I think I will sit on that info for the moment unless you guys really want it. Now that I mention cops, I think that if we have one and they have results on anybody who is alive (expect maybe chuck since his role is confirmed) that I would strongly recommend they claim now, even if they only have innocent results. Crossing oof anybody from the few remaining suspect should give us strong chances of hitting scum.
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Man, we're cutting deadline close, people...why do we always wait so long to get conversation going?!?
13 hours left it seems. So, do we want to try to end with a tie that gives us 24 hours more, or are we ready to lynch somebody now? I should be able to get on shortly before the deadline to juggle my vote to exactly where it needs to be to make a tie or whatever work. (And dissuade any scum attempts to shift the vote to an undesirable lynch at the last minutes.) (Assuming the Jonty will cut the votes off exactly at the time he listed rather than whenever they are when he gets on.)

I very much want pancakemix to provide his supposedly provable claim today. If it really can be proven then we will have only 4 suspects left (counting myself). We can just pick one of those to lynch to end the day with then, even if they don't have time to claim. If there are 3 scum left then we would have a 3/4 chance of hitting correctly, and a 1/4 chance of losing. I will take those odds at this point. If there are 2 scum left then we only have 1/2 chance of picking right, but we get 1 more try if we screw up.
Captain spiesr

Postby pancakemix on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:45 pm

spiesr wrote:
rishaed wrote:Okay unvote. This could get interesting :). Now to hope I don't die tonight... I am willing to believe his claim on various reasonings, so If it was true that PCM was at L-2 even though I think that he is town. . . hmm do you guys think that there is another gifter out there? I mean if everyone can claim ??? town gifter it would be very easy.
Gifter roles are claims that can actually be confirmed. (In that another player receives actual proof of the role's existence when they get the gift.) As such, the only way a scum could fake a claim like that in this game would be to say he gifted to his scum mates and have them back up his story.

Actually, that doesn't have any confirmation. He could be a gifter and be scum. Now, I think the chuck case was one based on... ok, nothing. But just because he's got a verifiable claim doesn't mean he's pro-town.

Spiesr, will you show me where I said my role was verifiable?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:54 pm

spiesr wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
He means that I want him to claim, and he wants to know if anybody else wants him to claim.
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Spiesr...who did you drive N2? Odd that you didn't come out with that right away.
I haven't mentioned it yet because I since my busdriving didn't alter any claimed actions I think it might be better to wait and see if somebody claims something that can be disproved by it. So unless a Cop investigated somebody last Night or something that I might have screwed up I think I will sit on that info for the moment unless you guys really want it. Now that I mention cops, I think that if we have one and they have results on anybody who is alive (expect maybe chuck since his role is confirmed) that I would strongly recommend they claim now, even if they only have innocent results. Crossing oof anybody from the few remaining suspect should give us strong chances of hitting scum.
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Man, we're cutting deadline close, people...why do we always wait so long to get conversation going?!?
13 hours left it seems. So, do we want to try to end with a tie that gives us 24 hours more, or are we ready to lynch somebody now? I should be able to get on shortly before the deadline to juggle my vote to exactly where it needs to be to make a tie or whatever work. (And dissuade any scum attempts to shift the vote to an undesirable lynch at the last minutes.) (Assuming the Jonty will cut the votes off exactly at the time he listed rather than whenever they are when he gets on.)

I very much want pancakemix to provide his supposedly provable claim today. If it really can be proven then we will have only 4 suspects left (counting myself). We can just pick one of those to lynch to end the day with then, even if they don't have time to claim. If there are 3 scum left then we would have a 3/4 chance of hitting correctly, and a 1/4 chance of losing. I will take those odds at this point. If there are 2 scum left then we only have 1/2 chance of picking right, but we get 1 more try if we screw up.

Lol...sounds great, until I am suddenly the one getting lynched without a chance to defend/claim. I, too, would really like to hear pancake's claim. If I unvote, Gregwolf, Pancake and myself are all at one vote. I'll keep my vote on Greg, and wait to see how he responds. I will check back in about 8 hours. I won't be able to get back after that for another 12 hours. (I'll be on a bit yet, but can't guarantee anything.)

Fastposted...

Postby spiesr on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:36 pm

pancakemix wrote:Actually, that doesn't have any confirmation. He could be a gifter and be scum. Now, I think the chuck case was one based on... ok, nothing. But just because he's got a verifiable claim doesn't mean he's pro-town.
Umm, why are you trying to cast doubt on the one provable claim we have?
show
show
Those two quotes should be sufficient to establish if Chuck is the Busdrive Gifter he is town. The only way for Chuck to not be town is if the entire claim is fake and both Neb and I are his scum mates.
[quote="pancakemix wrote:Spiesr, will you show me where I said my role was verifiable?
I can't find it. Did I just imagine that?
You are still my number one target right now though.
Captain spiesr

Postby rishaed on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:42 am

spiesr wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Actually, that doesn't have any confirmation. He could be a gifter and be scum. Now, I think the chuck case was one based on... ok, nothing. But just because he's got a verifiable claim doesn't mean he's pro-town.
Umm, why are you trying to cast doubt on the one provable claim we have?
show
show
Those two quotes should be sufficient to establish if Chuck is the Busdrive Gifter he is town. The only way for Chuck to not be town is if the entire claim is fake and both Neb and I are his scum mates.
[quote="pancakemix wrote:Spiesr, will you show me where I said my role was verifiable?
I can't find it. Did I just imagine that?
You are still my number one target right now though.[/quote]
Im typin on a smart (lol) device soo... Not offering to claim mean from, easily verifiable. I would take from it that it is indeed verifiable, and if it's along a VT perspective then hopefully we have a cop for that. But no you never said it was easily verifiable.

Postby spiesr on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:55 am

Okay, according to my count, gregwolf, chuck, neb, and pancakemix each have 1 vote. I think this means we get a 24 hour runoff. Is this correct Jonty?
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives