Conquer Club

Allow Users to Choose Nicknames

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Allow Users to Choose Nicknames

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:08 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:I look forward to the day when I can proudly bear the title, "Official Dickhead."

And I will take my rightful place as "Assistant Dickhead/Vaginaface"
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:00 am

Army of GOD wrote:And I will take my rightful place as "Assistant Dickhead/Vaginaface"

That's funny?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:20 am

Currently, the 'titles' you guys are referring to are known through phpBB as Ranks.. A rank can only be granted/edited/changed with access to the ACP, i.e., Administrator Control Panel. For obvious reasons, non-administrators will not have access to the ACP and all of its mystical glory, which leaves King Achilles or I to change ranks for people who submit them.

Now, I don't know about you guys, but my puns in OT are much better at being time well wasted ;). It's not a horrible idea, but I don't think that it's really worth implementing considering both the large forum audience that is CC (i.e, we're not all Mafiascum, etc) and the fact that, sorry to say, my time could be understandably better well spent.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:50 am

Ok. Throw it on the heap then, I didn't realize it was admin only.

This isn't the same admin panel that has the paddle and the dice stat adjuster is it?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby nicestash on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:25 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Currently, the 'titles' you guys are referring to are known through phpBB as Ranks.. A rank can only be granted/edited/changed with access to the ACP, i.e., Administrator Control Panel. For obvious reasons, non-administrators will not have access to the ACP and all of its mystical glory, which leaves King Achilles or I to change ranks for people who submit them.

Now, I don't know about you guys, but my puns in OT are much better at being time well wasted ;). It's not a horrible idea, but I don't think that it's really worth implementing considering both the large forum audience that is CC (i.e, we're not all Mafiascum, etc) and the fact that, sorry to say, my time could be understandably better well spent.

BMO

Isn't it possible to just isolate the coding that allows people with access to the ACP to change rank and put it somewhere else (not on the Administrator Control Panel)? I think all it'd take would be some copy and paste.
Major nicestash

Postby Serbia on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:06 pm

agentcom wrote:I really don't see the benefit of this. It wouldn't replace your username in forum posts and games, right? This definitely won't replace your username in the forum or in games. CC doesn't allow username changes because it doesn't want people to be able to do unpopular things and then hope people don't associate them with a new username.

So, everyone who gets one would get a little "title" like the moderators have ... Why? I wouldn't want these nicknames next to the player names in games cluttering up the screen, so it would just be in the forum and profile that this would appear (just like moderator positions). In that case ... again, Why? You already have lots of options to customize what your posts and profile look like with avatars and signatures. If you really want a new nickname, couldn't you just plaster "Call me Defender of the People" all over your avi and sig?

Or is it just that it looks more "official" when it's there below your name like the mod positions are? That seems like quite a small benefit for a suggestion. Granted, I'm not sure that it would be very hard at all to make this happen--it already is in place for moderators. But someone has to issue the nicknames and every once in a while C&A will have to step in and change them. And we'll have to have an additional list of banned nicknames that are misleading (like "admin"). I'm not saying that's a lot of work, but to me, this suggestion isn't really worth much work at all.

But maybe that's because I already have a "nickname" there :)

greenoaks wrote:i was going to say what agentcom said. he said it far better than i could but i'll give it a shot anyway.

we have a nickname, mine is greenoaks. g'day.

the field you are referring to is a title. they are bestowed by admin. choosing your own title will devalue the ones already given and only confuses us as to who are the real volunteers.

i vote NO to this suggestion.

You can add my name to the people who don't like this idea. I think it's a waste of time and unnecessary.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby agentcom on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:17 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Currently, the 'titles' you guys are referring to are known through phpBB as Ranks.. A rank can only be granted/edited/changed with access to the ACP, i.e., Administrator Control Panel. For obvious reasons, non-administrators will not have access to the ACP and all of its mystical glory, which leaves King Achilles or I to change ranks for people who submit them.

BMO

I think that means the powers that be have spoken. I'm moving this to REJECTED unless/until some new information comes to light.
Colonel agentcom

Postby nicestash on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:21 pm

:cry:
Major nicestash

Postby greenoaks on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 pm

agentcom wrote:I think that means the powers that be have spoken. I'm moving this to REJECTED unless/until some new information comes to light.

:D
Sergeant greenoaks

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions