Conquer Club

Jueltomten & protogenitor [noted]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Jueltomten & protogenitor [noted]

Postby nicestash on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:44 am

Jueltomten & protogenitor

Accused:
jueltomten
protogenitor

The accused are suspected of:

Other: Holding players hostage

The rules clearly state "Unwritten Rules

Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to: throwing games or deliberately benefiting from thrown games, intentional deadbeating, holding players hostage, serial teammate killing, hijacking accounts, systematically "farming" new recruits."

I asked them to eliminate me earlier, but they refused.
Game number(s):

Game 12365276

Comments: Not really looking for a ban or anything, I just want this game to be finished!
Major nicestash

Re: Jueltomten & protogenitor

Postby Edric Wolfswift on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:23 am

jueltomten missing a turn to gain the deferred troops is not breaking any rules, but it is a pretty lame thing to do in my opinion.

But protogenitor admits to breaking the rule regarding hostage holding in the chat...
"Jueltomten: Of course we're holding you prisoner, sorry about that btw"

There is no reason that any reasonable player could see for not finishing the game
Private Edric Wolfswift

Re: Jueltomten & protogenitor [pending] BG

Postby BGtheBrain on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:29 am

If you look at the game, you see its in a tournament. This particular tournament viewtopic.php?t=175183 scores this game in the following

Event Points are determined by how close (in rounds) the Show Jumping and non-Show Jumping teams finish their 2 games (synchronization).
If both teams win
The 4-player team gets 18 Event Points - (the difference in rounds)

If one team wins and the other loses
The 4-player team gets 12 Event Points - (the difference in rounds)

If both teams lose
The 4-player team gets 6 Event Points - (the difference in rounds)

A 4-player team cannot score less then 0 Event Points in a round.
Each team will receive 1 Standings Point at the start of the event, and will be awarded 1 additional Standings Point for each team finishing with less Event Points.

I want to check with admin to see what they think.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby The Voice on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:45 pm

Even if the formatting of the event inadvertently condones hostage holding, nowhere does it say in the language that this is an acceptable thing to do.
Major The Voice

Postby b00060 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Open and shut case...guilty
Major b00060

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:01 pm

You still need to finish the game when it's possible. I agree, guilty

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:24 pm

Yeah, there is a guilty charge, at least a warning here, AND because they did it for the tournament they should get some sort of penalty in the tournament I think so they don't do it again. ANYONE can MAKE a game end at the same time, the point of the scoring is IF the games end at the same time, not MAKE the games end when you want them to for more points.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby sempaispellcheck on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:25 pm

The Voice wrote:Even if the formatting of the event inadvertently condones hostage holding, nowhere does it say in the language that this is an acceptable thing to do.

I agree, and as the organizer of the tournament in question, I would like to stress that any condoning of hostage holding in the tourney design was completely unintentional.
For the purposes of the tournament, the game will be considered to have ended in Round 9, at the point where protogenitor could have ended it, but chose not to.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby nicestash on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:25 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:
The Voice wrote:Even if the formatting of the event inadvertently condones hostage holding, nowhere does it say in the language that this is an acceptable thing to do.

I agree, and as the organizer of the tournament in question, I would like to stress that any condoning of hostage holding in the tourney design was completely unintentional.
For the purposes of the tournament, the game will be considered to have ended in Round 9, at the point where protogenitor could have ended it, but chose not to.

Jueltomten could have ended it in round 8 after taking Dodria and chose not to, electing instead to end his turn with circa 15 troops on my border.
Major nicestash

Postby king achilles on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:29 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:

Due to the tourney's guide, these players would probably have not done this. Now that the organizer has been made aware of this and clarification, I will have to note this for now.
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Re: Jueltomten & protogenitor [noted]

Postby benga on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:33 am

Why is this noted?

This is plain wrong, TO is responsilbe for the wrong way of scoring and he should he helpd acountable, not the players he played to gain more tournament points.
Sergeant benga

Postby Night Strike on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Disputes over tournament rules/scoring should be discussed in the Tournament Thread and with the Tournament Directors if there are any issues/challenges. If the organizer set up the scoring system to reward those players who finish their games in the same round, then that tournament is open to have some games artificially prolonged. We can discuss whether that should be allowed in the tournament, but these players shouldn't be punished or even noted for working to maximize their points within the tournament.
Major Night Strike

Postby Jueltomten on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:01 pm

Sounds good to me :)
Major Jueltomten

Postby shoop76 on Wed May 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Just noticed this and clearly strange they got noted. An old report I filed they noted with (tourney issue).

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=239&t=157636&p=3460264&hilit=shoop76#p3460264

Its a not the same issue, but the C&A team must be more consistent with these rulings. From my report it sounds like they don't deal with tourney issues yet here they do.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Jueltomten on Thu May 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi there all. Just two questions from Sweden. What does "noted" mean and how is this gonna influence my future on CC?

Have fun all / Jueltomten
Major Jueltomten

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri May 10, 2013 4:36 am

It means you're now under constant CC surveillance. Every game you make, every team you join, every PM you receive, every Game Finder search, every forum post and every log in you make will be recorded in the CCC (Conquer Club Chronicles).
Cook iAmCaffeine

Return to Closed C&A Reports