Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D8 12/25

Postby strike wolf on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:47 pm

F1fth wrote:I am not Firth, he was a different player. :) I am F1fth or Fifth.
Yes sorry about that.

Have you given any consideration to the possibility that Aage was indeed the recruiter as / mentioned? He even provided evidence based on the fact that Aage's death seemed to cause a last spate of recruitments.

Admittedly, it was not something that I had considered until he brought it up but it makes a lot of sense. None of the demon roles discovered this game have had passive abilities and all have been powerful. Therefore, I find it less likely then that Aage's only ability was to mislead investigations. Further (apologies for this metagaming), if scum were to lose their vital recruiter role early on due to a lucky investigation, it would be very difficult for them to recover given all the powerful town roles. Then it would make sense their recruiter has a bit of protection such as investigative immunity.
Considered it but unless his role says recruiter, I have to assume that is not the case. Admittedly you do bring up some good points, though as long as we're metagaming, even in non-vanilla games there tends to be some passive roles. We also can't rule out that the recruiter ability may not even be tied down to one single player.

What I'm getting at is a surer lynch of a subverted saint might not be a terrible idea if the only other option is to roll the dice and possibly take out a townie.

As for your point about myself...

I didn't follow up on your rebuttal because it was a WIFOM and there was nothing more to be said. Your defense amounted to "If I were scum, I wouldn't take the risk to give Soundman and myself credibility by leading town to Rishaed." Was I supposed to say "Yes you would, liar!"? It would have been completely unhelpful to town but supposedly it would make me look less scummy. I'm a pragmatist, and how I appear be damned... I'm trying to find scum.

It was largely WIFOM because most of your argument not involving statistics (which admitted couldn't be argued in consideration of Chap's findings) was WIFOM. You suggested that as a veteran player, I may do ___, so I responded that As a veteran player I would actually do ____. You also went into today pushing the case when circumstances had changed but provided no new reason for voting me. You challenged me on my reasoning for switching the two as I did, I believe "Randomly" was the word you used, I invited you to look back on my reasoning that I had put forth.

That said, what is it that you're accusing me of at the heart of matters? To me, it seems like it is my indecisiveness on whether you or DRoZ were one of the last scum on the list. I'll readily admit I moved back and forth on that one. I don't have all the answers, but if you'll note I ended up making the correct choice in the end.

More or less indecisiveness, not following through and what may have been bandwagoning on DroZ. It's not a hugely strong case by itself never said it was. Whether we lynch Doom or we decide we can't afford to leave the recruiter alive (assuming town decides as I believe that the recruiter is still out there), we can't go into the night without investigating leads and yours seemed as good as any.

Of the rest of your list, I would most highly suspect pancakemix. He's been playing "yes man" to my accusations against you (even when I was somewhat unsure about them) and it seems as if he's trying to bandwagon with me to create an association between us, which is a common scum tactic. It let's him get by with contributing very little and avoiding much attention.

Looking back over yesterday more closely, I will agree that is definitely possible. I at the least agree that he did appear to be following your lead. It appears he's replied to this now, will read more in depth when I'm not as tired.

Pancakemix wrote:That's actually a really good point. Leaving Yoshi alive is basically a ticket to Saf getting blocked. Hard to argue with that logic, despite the case against you.

To be clear, you are agreeing with lynching doom so that Safari isn't interfered with not the rest of the excerpt?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby pancakemix on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:50 pm

To be clear, you are agreeing with lynching doom so that Safari isn't interfered with not the rest of the excerpt?

Yes. Saf's just to valuable, and Doom is almost certainly subverted. Better to go with a productive sure thing than to take a stab, however sure it might be.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:22 am

pancakemix wrote:

Yes. Saf's just to valuable, and Doom is almost certainly subverted. Better to go with a productive sure thing than to take a stab, however sure it might be.

I would agree with this statement. The question is that if we lynch doom and he doesn't turn up recruiter, what should be my next plan of action be? Perhaps take a blind shot at one of the inactives and hope I hit mafia? Use an investigation?

Because the numbers that strike is painting point to us not having a lot of leeway in several cases.
Captain safariguy5

Postby / on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:01 am

Well, if jak's vote could possibly put mafia over the edge, perhaps jak be vigged tonight?
I am personally skeptical that we are at lynch or lose, but so long as we eliminate suspects as quickly as possible, our chances of hitting the random recruits and Mammon (+any other demons if applicable) increases, it's not like our odds are getting better day to day...

Vote Doom
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Rodion on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:50 am

I like the idea of eliminating Jak, but Strike could be a subverted busdriver (or a demon busdriver), which could make this backfire enormously.

So far I've not been able to come up with a failproof plan as only angels are truly trustworthy.

Anyway, I still back lynching Yoshi.
General Rodion

Postby jak111 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:42 am

I still think we need to spur the inactives into activity if we wish to get the most of tonight as well. Then again, there's always the chance of hitting a demon in the inactive group.

Lynching Doom is fine, but we'll do that when we're closer to deadline if we do not find a better lead.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Rodion on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:40 pm

Vote DoomYoshi.
General Rodion

Postby pancakemix on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:34 am

What's the VC?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby edocsil on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:04 pm

pancakemix wrote:What's the VC?

Pretty low :(

VC

Doom (3) ~ Rodion, /, Violet
Droz (3) ~ ???, Saf, Fifth << these don't count, he's dead, its just an fyi for old vote placement.
Nos (1) ~ Jak
Strike (1) PCM,

Blake has requested to be killed/replaced, and I cannot find a replacement. Yay! More Modkills!

Blakebowling ~ Emma of Ludger Saint ~ Modposter has been modkilled.

11 alive 6 to lynch.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D8 11/25

Postby F1fth on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:20 pm

I don't feel comfortable taking a gamble at the risk of hitting town at this late point in the game. I suppose we could hazard a guess on who the remaining demons are, but we may be close to losing this with a mislynch and if the slowing of discussion is any indication then nobody has any other strong leads at the moment. I'm pretty confident that DY is a safe bet for converted saint given that he's been acting off for quite a while now, so I'd like to move along with that.

I going to avoid placing my vote at the moment to mitigate the chance of a speedlynch, but for all intents and purposes consider DoomYoshi at L-2. UNVOTE
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:27 pm

I think we might as well go with the known quantity and try to get information in the night time.

unvote vote DoomYoshi
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:28 pm

But wait! I have so much to say.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 pm

well say it then and be done. you say you have sometihing to say but dont say it. i think your stalling
Captain gregwolf121

Postby Rodion on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:58 pm

He's being ironic.
General Rodion

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:43 pm

well since no more information seems forthcoming, and i think that lynching the known enemy is the best choice i will vote doom
by my count that puts him at L-1
Captain gregwolf121

Postby pancakemix on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:01 am

Vote doom

Let's move.
Epic Win

Postby jak111 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:12 pm

So be it, in case he is not lynched, Unvote, Vote Doom I had hoped to get power roles more information going into tonight but as it is we are still taking out a threat.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:22 pm

^^^votes after lynch.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:38 am

That's a lynch. Scene soon.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Short scene, headed home for the weekend to see family, and my ride is leaving in an hour! Anyhow, here it is.

Brigit of Kildare had sworn oaths to Satan, most everyone knew it, they just needed to decide if it was worth acting upon. Different players had different thoughts, some said Satan would just find new followers to replace the lost, and others foolishly ignored them. In the end no better solution was found than to hang the evil they knew rather then try to find an elusive foe.

DoomYoshi ~ Brigit of Kildare Saint ~ Roleblocker has been killed.

It is now night 8, you will have till Wed. for all night actions.
Edoc'sil

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - N8 10/25

Postby edocsil on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Mammon hefted his axe again. He thought to himself, "Well I made it through another day. I'll swing this axe in the name of my dark lord and see if I can make it through the next as well." Mammon went out hunting and this time his hand was true. He found Saraqael sleeping blissfully unaware, and no guardian angel to stop the demon. The axe came down and Saraqael's head rolled free from his body, the blow was powerful enough to sever it completely. Mammon picked up his trophy, his night's work done.

Gregwolf ~ Saraqael Archangel ~ Universal Mason has been killed.

Day 9, with 9 alive its 5 to hang. Deadline in ~ 2 weeks
Edoc'sil

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D9 9/25

Postby Rodion on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Well, Saf?
General Rodion

Postby VioIet on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:06 am

Hmm, no new posts in nearly two days. Not that I'm really much help either.....
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby jak111 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Well I am not an investigation role so I got nadda. Besides rewriting some roles in my game and taking risk turns here though I have been reading different parts of this.

I am questioning why Safari is still alive to be honest, he has been outed as a cop for a while now. Either they are afraid of a doctor, or Safari isn't 100% what he seems (or he could be converted which would highly benefit the demons). With angels dying we need to push for the demon lynches however and not the converted. Without the demons the converted either come back to town or auto lose.

So I am going to Vote Rodion. Besides me, his role is the 2nd highest replaced which would lead me to believe he is a key role and a demon role at that. Till people start bringing information forward he is my personal thought for demon.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby F1fth on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:07 pm

jak111 wrote:I am questioning why Safari is still alive to be honest, he has been outed as a cop for a while now. Either they are afraid of a doctor, or Safari isn't 100% what he seems (or he could be converted which would highly benefit the demons).

My guess is the first one. There's no reason to doubt his angel claim and I don't believe angels can be converted. That or he may have further protection as well since angels seem to have powerful roles in this game.

With angels dying we need to push for the demon lynches however and not the converted. Without the demons the converted either come back to town or auto lose.

So I am going to Vote Rodion. Besides me, his role is the 2nd highest replaced which would lead me to believe he is a key role and a demon role at that. Till people start bringing information forward he is my personal thought for demon.

I absolutely agree with the first part. However, why Rodion? Are there other reasons besides the replacements because that alone is not indicative enough for me. If your role was replaced more than his and you're confirmed by Safari not to be a demon... then it doesn't seem like a very solid scumtell. I might suggest focusing on those who have revealed almost nothing about themselves so far this game as there are definitely a few remaining.

However, I'd like to do a bit more backreading before making any suggestions. It's quite interesting to read old conversations knowing such-and-such was a rotten scummer though it hasn't led to much so far. I will say that I get more a town impression from Rodion than some of the others still alive judging from his use and the nature of his role, along with his conversation with greg.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives