Conquer Club

Conquer Cup is a mess to watch

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Conquer Cup is a mess to watch

Postby nietzsche on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:11 am

I don't give a ***** about the post format, delete if you want (I DARE YOU METS)

The Conquer Cup has many problems, and since it's a direct money entry for the owner I bet he would like to fix it.

First of all what works: so far the games have been set up automatically and quickly after finishing the previous one so that's cool, operationally it's fine.

Now, if I want to go and see how others are doing.. that's where it all starts: The presentation of the cup is a mess, and if you want to see how others cups went you find the same problem.

View all participants gives you a list with now visibility whatsoever, you have to figure it out, between playing, advancing and "waiting to advance" ? wth. and for each round is the same. This could be easily be fixed, the data is already there it's only a matter of retrieving it and putting it in a nice CCS or something. Seriously, how much time can this take? In a couple of days this would be done in a pretty nice to watch and understand way.

Also, each "stage" is called round, which can be a little confusing when you want to see the status of a game, of course it's not that big a deal but it could be easily named "stages" or "phases". Or qualifiers, second chance, quarter final and similar.

Matchups in key format, with legs and all, zoom in, zoom out would be excellent to understand. Of course with the hyperlinks working so you could go to a players profile and the game, etc.

Also, a nice idea would be to host a Conquer World Cup, playing in a Davis Cup format, but the singles would be doubles and the doubles quads. National Teams could be made of 4 players: 2 couples that would come together to play quads. 5 matches, winner of 3 advances. Perhaps direct elimination after a round robin of teams. 20 dls entry-fee, winner get premium forever.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Re: Conquer Cup is a mess to watch

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Ok, nietzsche. Try to not call out the mods, por favor. Do not blatantly not use the form. Good grief.

Secondly, this initial post is more like a discussion, than a suggestion, so I'll move it there.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Conquer Cup is a mess to watch

Postby nietzsche on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:15 pm

chapcrap wrote:Ok, nietzsche. Try to not call out the mods, por favor. Do not blatantly not use the form. Good grief.

Secondly, this initial post is more like a discussion, than a suggestion, so I'll move it there.

Mets is my astrologist.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Return to Conquer Club Discussion