Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 90: 1-3-2013] Boo!!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 90: 1-3-2013] Boo!!

Postby thehippo8 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:06 am

Welcome Comrades to the 90th edition of the Dispatch :)

No it's not Helloween, but rather time for an interview with b00060. While we are on freestyle check out the latest offering from the mafia files and ... drum roll ... a new set of challenges. Leehar's team brings us updates on CC3, CL5 and other Clan happenings. Dukasaur's team really went to town with some in depth stuff from both DaveH and generalhead and ... drum roll ... another new challenge!! And while the foundry may look a little thin this issue, you guessed it, there's ... drum roll ... another challenge!! So while you all get to your homework, we're going to collapse in a small heap before working on what delights to tempt you with next week.

While we are on winning, the Casual Battle Royale games have all come to an end. Congrats on the winners. I have interviewed them all but you will need to wait until next issue also to see that treat. And finally, in the words of Billy Allen:

I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens.

Enjoy the fruit of our labouring fingers!

thehippo8
Chief Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Hello again Freestylers. Doom would like to announce some new opportunities for community input, I have another Scum Insider, and b00060 is interviewed.
You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

Monthly Challenges!!! by DoomYoshi
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of b00060

We have another exciting update on CC3, qwert gets involved on what DD's think about their groups for CL5, and Swifte trials what will hopefully be a regular article for us, on the latest movers and shakers in the clan world.

We are also eager to present some in-depth analysis from BG's coaches poll next issue!

Leehar
Clan Executive

CC3 Update by Swifte
show

CL5 by qwert
show

Clan Movers and Shakers by Swifte
show

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments!

The Chatters have come up with an event, which, while not exactly a tournament, is somewhat tournamentish, so you can read about it below. DaveH has his usual installment of Tournament Tips, as well as another TPA update. In addition, I've decided to re-run generalhead's Showcase of Tournament Directors, since these are people you should know well.

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Find the Secret Room by (The Chatters)
show

Showcase of Tournament Directors by generalhead
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: League Tournaments - part 2

TPA3 Wrap by DaveH
show

Hope you are all enjoying the two new maps. The foundry already has another 6 ready to go.
    ImageImageImage
Whilst we are all having fun playing, I have been having a hard time with all of the replies to Gilligan competition. In the end, I have decided to reward you all. :P This weeks one is a little harder. :twisted: A suggestion dealing with maps cropped up in te suggestions forum again. Go and look if you like medals. DaveH asked how many territories are on each of the maps. Well, as usual, our beloved leader (in the foundry that is) thenobodies80 was on hand to help out. Number of Territories on Conquer Club Maps.
Hopefully our beloved reporters will be back on duty next issue. Real life has had them snowed under. So whilst we are a little light this issue, can you help out in the future? Send me a PM if you think you can.
    ImageImageImage
koontz1973 -- Foundry Executive

Maps in Development.
show

Foundry Competition
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of ... nope, not telling you! Send me a PM if you think you know who it is (or who you think it ought to be) and the best answer will win!

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to thehippo8 and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 90: 1-3-2013] Boo!!

Postby The Voice on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:10 am

The Interrogation spoiler doesn't have anything in it :(
Major The Voice

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:08 am

koontz... You've outdone yourself :P If the previous competition was hard, this is WAY BEYOND hard!

You didn't mention a deadline for the submission of our answers though - can we know when that is? (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby BGtheBrain on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:13 am

The Voice wrote:The Interrogation spoiler doesn't have anything in it :(

I thought maybe it was a joke because half of CC has B000060 foe'd, the other half he ha foe'd
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:15 pm

No deadline for the comp. I will take entries right up to when the next one is published. As for being hard, that is debatable. It all comes down to what maps you know.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:57 am

Okay all, time to come clean. The next interviewee is denthefrog and you can shoot to the thread by clicking here. UPDATE: b00060 has returned his answers so they will be in the next issue!!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby Dako on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:35 am

koontz1973 wrote:No deadline for the comp. I will take entries right up to when the next one is published. As for being hard, that is debatable. It all comes down to what maps you know.

I have found all 3 in drafting room so far. Will continue with other threads in the evening. This competition is great!
Colonel Dako

Postby ender516 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:37 pm

The pedant in me wish to point out that the quote in the opening is, I believe, from Woody Allen, not Billy Allen (whoever that might be).
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:12 pm

ender516 wrote:The pedant in me wish to point out that the quote in the opening is, I believe, from Woody Allen, not Billy Allen (whoever that might be).

Correct! Go to the top of the class! I also do not know who Billy Allen is! Must have been possessed by his spirit at the time! Potential candidates include ...

1. The footballer;
2. The DJ, mugshot here; or
3.Mr Rodeo man.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Sleeper is a great movie.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby ender516 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:09 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
ender516 wrote:The pedant in me wish to point out that the quote in the opening is, I believe, from Woody Allen, not Billy Allen (whoever that might be).

Correct! Go to the top of the class! I also do not know who Billy Allen is! Must have been possessed by his spirit at the time! Potential candidates include ...

1. The footballer;
2. The DJ, mugshot here; or
3.Mr Rodeo man.

I respectfully decline the promotion to the top of the class, because I should have said, "The pedant in me wishes ...".
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby IcePack on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:56 am

Interesting insights from Clan Section CL5 division directors :)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:06 am

There are only 7 maps in the drafting room, why can I not find all 3 pictures?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:09 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:There are only 7 maps in the drafting room, why can I not find all 3 pictures?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.

Things in the foundry change. It is not up to me to tell a map maker they cannot post a new version of the map. ;)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Dako on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:11 am

Got all 12 :D
Colonel Dako

Postby trinicardinal on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:01 pm

btw keep watching out for clues to the Secrets event... you never know where they might pop up :twisted:
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Dako on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 pm

trinicardinal wrote:btw keep watching out for clues to the Secrets event... you never know where they might pop up :twisted:

Will they pop up in LC only? I never visit it but I'd like to participate in the event nonetheless.
Colonel Dako

Postby trinicardinal on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:12 pm

Dako wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:btw keep watching out for clues to the Secrets event... you never know where they might pop up :twisted:

Will they pop up in LC only? I never visit it but I'd like to participate in the event nonetheless.

the clues will pop up in LC and elsewhere. The event will take place in LC though. My sig currently has a new clue to the event.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby b00060 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:24 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:

I thought maybe it was a joke because half of CC has B000060 foe'd, the other half he ha foe'd

Not sure why you ake taking a cheap shot at me, unless you are falling into the hype of everyone else. Here is our last game, I dint say anything to you and since you joined my game, I obviously do not have you foed.
Game 12166329
Major b00060

Postby BGtheBrain on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:36 pm

b00060 wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:

Not sure why you ake taking a cheap shot at me, unless you are falling into the hype of everyone else. Here is our last game, I dint say anything to you and since you joined my game, I obviously do not have you foed.
Game 12166329

You joine my game. I didn't have you foe'd.

I beat you in that game and asked you to rerate me from a previous game we played. When I was still new here you rated me bad for no real reason other than that I won.

Anyways. I asked you via your wall if you would rerate me. You posted some obscenities on my wall, told me I sucked and then you foe'd me.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby Dako on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:59 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
Dako wrote:

the clues will pop up in LC and elsewhere. The event will take place in LC though. My sig currently has a new clue to the event.

I guess I will wait for the next clue lol.
Colonel Dako

Return to Newsletter Issues