Conquer Club

[CL5] 1:KORT MVP:josko 2:ID MVP:M Chief 3:AQOH MVP:thelord

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CL5]-Clan League 5- main page

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Looking to be a solid set vs AOC at their home. Most games appear to be neck and neck.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby freakns on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:52 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
freakns wrote:well, maybe they improved? ;)

seeding were taken from last clan league, so i think its fair. last year they werent that good, so they got worse seeding... also, bunch of them being brigs and colonels doesnt necessary mean they are top team players. maybe they are good, maybe they arent... dunno. will see when we played them :)

That's my point. It was based on last year, but it didn't take into account serious upgrades. But, this is a first year set-up and the leagues will sort it out in the long run. I think it seriously inhibited our shot at premier league though with glitches like that; and could even push us back into a worse league.

You don't want you 5 seed being more like a 3 seed or it's gonna be so much more tougher.

what youre missing here is that your main problem IS the 3 seed :P
Q5 group proves to be very solid... i think even AQOH have chance for decent result(well, based on their performance against us). you should be happy for it, its more fun this way!
also, you are unsure about seeding, while out of 8 home games you play 7 flat rate games?! thats just playing for lucky sets...
Brigadier freakns

Postby Qwert on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:53 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:

seeding were taken from last clan league, so i think its fair. last year they werent that good, so they got worse seeding... also, bunch of them being brigs and colonels doesnt necessary mean they are top team players. maybe they are good, maybe they arent... dunno. will see when we played them :)

That's my point. It was based on last year, but it didn't take into account serious upgrades. But, this is a first year set-up and the leagues will sort it out in the long run. I think it seriously inhibited our shot at premier league though with glitches like that; and could even push us back into a worse league.

You don't want you 5 seed being more like a 3 seed or it's gonna be so much more tougher.

Well MM are even in F400 seeded belove MD. I think that each group are good balanced, if they have brigadiers and colonels why they not move up in F400?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:44 pm

freakns wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:

what youre missing here is that your main problem IS the 3 seed :P
Q5 group proves to be very solid... i think even AQOH have chance for decent result(well, based on their performance against us). you should be happy for it, its more fun this way!
also, you are unsure about seeding, while out of 8 home games you play 7 flat rate games?! thats just playing for lucky sets...

I don't buy into the ideal, that flat rate is about fostering luck. Playing flat rate requires a certain sort of strategy just like no spoils. I think escalating is closer to luck, b/c you can be dominating and then a game can turn on a dime much easier. Lucky turn-ins factor much more in that case. But to me saying flat rate is a matter of luck is almost akin to saying dice is a matter of luck. Yes there's luck involved, but you can never take an element of luck out of the game. I may be in the minority with my viewpoint, but that is how I see it.

As far as being disappointed with the draw; I don't know. Something fun about the challenge like you say. But I would have preferred a more even draw was my point. Nothing is ever perfect though and I never disagree with how they did it. I'm really saying MM slipped through the cracks with the way it was done. I think we played them a bit in the past and they were much more ho hum. And when I saw it was a five seed, I held certain maps in reserve, hoping we could get the 5-3 win handily and then save some of aces up our sleeve for 1-3. But then I got to the games and I was like hold crap! What's with all the wings and crowns! They're looking about like a top 11-15 clan and got a five seed, which is supposed to be 25-30. So that does make it considerably tougher for us than if we were in another group.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby freakns on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:28 pm

you may be in minority or majority, doesnt matter, simple statistic will tell you flat is about luck much more then esc. yes, this is dice based game so luck will be included no matter what map/settings you chose, but every skill player will try to find a way to decrees element of luck. this is why you have ppl who are more skilled in unlimited settings, you have players who are more skilled in adj, you have ppl who are more skilled in esc, and players who are more skilled in no spoils. but since i have played this game i have never, ever heard about someone being skilled in flat rate. i do use flat rate too, but only in special occasions, not in a million years i would use it on standard map.

as for other thing, you and i are completely different in this regard... when i saw bunch of colonels/brigadiers, i say "woot, woot, more free points!!!", not "holly crap, these guys know how to play". anyhow, we are up against them next round, ill get a chance to have some of those free points for myself, so dont take too much out of them :P
Brigadier freakns

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:09 am

freakns wrote:you may be in minority or majority, doesnt matter, simple statistic will tell you flat is about luck much more then esc. yes, this is dice based game so luck will be included no matter what map/settings you chose, but every skill player will try to find a way to decrees element of luck. this is why you have ppl who are more skilled in unlimited settings, you have players who are more skilled in adj, you have ppl who are more skilled in esc, and players who are more skilled in no spoils. but since i have played this game i have never, ever heard about someone being skilled in flat rate. i do use flat rate too, but only in special occasions, not in a million years i would use it on standard map.

as for other thing, you and i are completely different in this regard... when i saw bunch of colonels/brigadiers, i say "woot, woot, more free points!!!", not "holly crap, these guys know how to play". anyhow, we are up against them next round, ill get a chance to have some of those free points for myself, so dont take too much out of them :P

I disagree. If anything, flat can help weather the bad luck of going 2nd, getting a bonus down, using it to target a player quickly, building in certain areas to prevent someone from carding and smothering much like in no spoils, only quicker. And in that regard, it's not always about getting an advantage as much as preventing another team from resting back and cheesing if they start with an advantage. I think players who are used to playing no spoils and keying in on a weak link get their ire up when they actually have to deal with the skill of flat. I've seen it happen plenty. Plenty of crying and dismissing the flat luck when they just got beat and we'ren't so dominant after all. You pretend that flat makes a game about luck and I'm here to tell you otherwise. Flat is a skillset like any other setting. It may not be as potent as other settings in your mind's eye. But it requires strategy.

As far as playing higher ranked players. I'm no dummy. That's just generally going to translate into a tougher game b/c that weak link(s) won't be there. I don't consider it free points. I do understand that it can be better for the ranking....so I get your point there.

But as I was saying. We have a freaking tough 5 seed we're playing against! Feels like playing a 3 seed and stuff didn't go our way in that match-up, so now we have to dig our way out of a hole against tough competition.
High Score: #76 3053
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:06 pm

present results (wow so many interesting matches)
QG1
GR-DBC 1-2
PIG-LEG 4-0
PIG-TOFU 1-1
LEG-CF 2-3
TOFU-GR 2-1
DBC-CF 1-2

QG2
LOTZ-MB 6-0
EMP-TLW 1-2
MYTH-WAR 3-2
MYTH-EMP 1-1
WAR-MB 3-2
TLW-LOTZ 3-2

QG3
FOED-SOH 5-1
AFOS-FOED 2-0
ID-DYN 4-0
SOH-UM8 1-2
DYN-UM8 2-3
ID-AFOS 1-3

QG4
FALL-RA 2-1
AOC-FALL 0-2
VDLL-AOK 1-3
RA-AOK 1-1
LOW-VDLL 1-1
LOW-AOC 1-1

QG5
TFFS-OTP 2-2
IA-MD 2-0
MM-AQOH 2-3
TFFS-IA 0-2
MD-MM 2-3
OTP-AQOH 3-3

QG6
LHDD-DB 2-3
OSA-HH 3-1
OSA-KORT 0-1
HH-DB 3-2
KORT-TNC 2-1
TNC-LHDD 1-0
Last edited by Qwert on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:46 am

well i realised that add link will be very hard,because many people dont put correct labels, right now i have these combinations
Correct label are
- [R1]

wrong
- [R1 ]
-(RD1)
-(Rd1)
-- [R1]
- Round 4
- [RD4]
- RD 1
- Round 2
- 2013 [CL5][QG4]-R4
---------------------------
its look that for Qualification phase i will not add links, for now only QG5 are totaly correct ,probably because benga very good observe all games ,and he even put links in third post, so maybe all other DD need to do same like benga did.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Leehar on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Hey, no need to give all the credit to benga :P
It could just be that they all did it right because I had to recreate all their games for the first batch ;)
They learnt their lesson faster than the others :)

qwert wrote:well i realised that add link will be very hard,because many people dont put correct labels, right now i have these combinations
Correct label are
- [R1]

wrong
- [R1 ]
-(RD1)
-(Rd1)
-- [R1]
- Round 4
- [RD4]
- RD 1
- Round 2
- 2013 [CL5][QG4]-R4
its look that for Qualification phase i will not add links, for now only QG5 are totaly correct ,probably because benga very good observe all games ,and he even put links in third post, so maybe all other DD need to do same like benga did.

For the Labels, could you perhaps do a search for all game labels with "1"? As a stopgap measure.
Except for that last lengthy one, it should be able to retrieve all the other games.

We should send this post of yours as a pm to all clan contacts tho. Need to get everyone on the same page
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby benga on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Lee is right, but also wrong :)

qwert wants to give direct links to games, and this can't been done like that, as far as I know
Sergeant benga

Postby Qwert on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Leehar wrote:Hey, no need to give all the credit to benga :P
It could just be that they all did it right because I had to recreate all their games for the first batch ;)

qwert wrote:well i realised that add link will be very hard,because many people dont put correct labels, right now i have these combinations
Correct label are
- [R1]

wrong
- [R1 ]
-(RD1)
-(Rd1)
-- [R1]
- Round 4
- [RD4]
- RD 1
- Round 2
- 2013 [CL5][QG4]-R4

For the Labels, could you perhaps do a search for all game labels with "1"? As a stopgap measure.
Except for that last lengthy one, it should be able to retrieve all the other games.

We should send this post of yours as a pm to all clan contacts tho. Need to get everyone on the same page

i dont have problems to find games(use game finder),, but you can not add links here ,where many are not same. We speak in first rounds, and i though that all DD get instructions to notify all clan representatives, but its look that they not do that, or maybe i dont know.
Its look that DD need every round to send instructions on how labels need to use.
Instead [R4] ,one clan use - 2013 [CL5][QG4]- 2013 [CL5][QG4]-R4 ,
Giving me privileges, mine job to fast find games in game finder are much easier,, but for now,i can not add links, because its will be so many links .

for example these its only correct link to round 1,in entire QG(its benga department)
round 1 http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?s ... so=&page=1

now in other groups, for round 1 i need to have 2, and more links.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Leehar on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 pm

benga wrote:Lee is right, but also wrong :)

qwert wants to give direct links to games, and this can't been done like that, as far as I know

qwert wrote:
Leehar wrote:Hey, no need to give all the credit to benga :P

Correct label are
- [R1]

wrong
- [R1 ]
-(RD1)
-(Rd1)
-- [R1]
- Round 4
- [RD4]
- RD 1
- Round 2
- 2013 [CL5][QG4]-R4

i dont have problems to find games(use game finder),, but you can not add links here ,where many are not same. We speak in first rounds, and i though that all DD get instructions to notify all clan representatives, but its look that they not do that, or maybe i dont know.
Its look that DD need every round to send instructions on how labels need to use.
Instead [R4] ,one clan use - 2013 [CL5][QG4]- 2013 [CL5][QG4]-R4 ,
Giving me privileges, mine job to fast find games in game finder are much easier,, but for now,i can not add links, because its will be so many links .

for example these its only correct link to round 1,in entire QG(its benga department)
round 1 http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?s ... so=&page=1

now in other groups, for round 1 i need to have 2, and more links.

QG6 [R4]
QG5 [R4]
[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?submit=Search&to=2013+[CL5]+[QG2]&lb=4]QG2 [R4][/url]
QG1 [R4]
Obviously the numbers didn't match for the earlier rounds, but this is somewhat what I was thinking of and I think we're slowly getting there.
Admittedly that doesn't work for AoK as their labels are based on the old pm from bruce (QG4), and it seems some guys in QG3 still haven't clicked on their being 2 different rounds in the same week; but when life gives you lemons, you can still try make lemonade :)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Qwert on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:01 pm

(round 1 and 2)
QG1
GR-DBC 5-2-----d
PIG-LEG 4-1
PIG-TOFU 3-3
LEG-CF 3-3
TOFU-GR 2-1
DBC-CF 4-2

QG2
LOTZ-MB 7-1-----f
EMP-TLW 3-5-----f
MYTH-WAR 5-2---d
MYTH-EMP 1-2
WAR-MB 3-4
TLW-LOTZ 3-3

QG3
FOED-SOH 7-1----f
AFOS-FOED 4-0
ID-DYN 5-0--------d
SOH-UM8 3-2
DYN-UM8 6-2-----f
ID-AFOS 1-4

QG4
FALL-RA 4-2
AOC-FALL 0-3
VDLL-AOK 4-4-----f
RA-AOK 4-2
LOW-VDLL 4-1
LOW-AOC 2-2

QG5
TFFS-OTP 3-3
IA-MD 4-1
MM-AQOH 4-3
TFFS-IA 0-6------d
MD-MM 3-3
OTP-AQOH 3-3

QG6
LHDD-DB 3-4
OSA-HH 7-1-----f
OSA-KORT 1-5----d
HH-DB 4-4------f
KORT-TNC 2-1
TNC-LHDD 5-1----d
----------------------------------
f----finished
d----decided
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby IcePack on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:16 pm

Not to many surprises here yet.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby freakns on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:53 am

IcePack wrote:Not to many surprises here yet.

expected... TLW beating Empire is the biggest one so far... then you guys beating AOC... maybe tie between PIG and TOFU
i think by the end we will see 12 strongest teams advancing. TOFU, PIG, EMP, MYTH, AFOS, ID, AOC, FALL, IA, OTP, KORT, OSA... maybe FOED instead of ID, LOW instead of FALL.
Brigadier freakns

Postby IcePack on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:32 am

freakns wrote:

expected... TLW beating Empire is the biggest one so far... then you guys beating AOC... maybe tie between PIG and TOFU
i think by the end we will see 12 strongest teams advancing. TOFU, PIG, EMP, MYTH, AFOS, ID, AOC, FALL, IA, OTP, KORT, OSA... maybe FOED instead of ID, LOW instead of FALL.

TLW > EMP isnt a huge surprise when you consider they picked all random games, and it's only 8. Almost any clan can upset somebody in a small match under those conditions.

I guess others might be surprised about us beating AOC.

We will see who advances etc., but there aren't to many. Maybe a few.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:06 pm

(round 1 and 2)
QG1
GR-DBC 5-2-----d
PIG-LEG 5-1----d
PIG-TOFU 3-4
LEG-CF 3-3
TOFU-GR 3-1
DBC-CF 4-2

QG2
LOTZ-MB 7-1-----f
EMP-TLW 3-5-----f
MYTH-WAR 5-2---d
MYTH-EMP 1-2
WAR-MB 3-4
TLW-LOTZ 3-3

QG3
FOED-SOH 7-1----f
AFOS-FOED 4-0
ID-DYN 5-0--------d
SOH-UM8 3-2
DYN-UM8 6-2-----f
ID-AFOS 1-4

QG4
FALL-RA 4-2
AOC-FALL 1-3
VDLL-AOK 4-4-----f
RA-AOK 4-2
LOW-VDLL 4-1
LOW-AOC 2-2

QG5
TFFS-OTP 3-3
IA-MD 4-1
MM-AQOH 4-3
TFFS-IA 0-6------d
MD-MM 3-3
OTP-AQOH 3-3

QG6
LHDD-DB 3-4
OSA-HH 7-1-----f
OSA-KORT 1-5----d
HH-DB 4-4------f
KORT-TNC 3-2
TNC-LHDD 6-1----d
f----finished
d----decided
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby angola on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:53 am

IcePack wrote:
freakns wrote:

I'm not surprised either, since as you say, in eight games anyone can upset anyone. Small sample size and all that.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:53 am

angola wrote:
IcePack wrote:
freakns wrote:

I'm not surprised either, since as you say, in eight games anyone can upset anyone. Small sample size and all that.

Oh snap!! That cracked me up. Love you, angola and all that. :lol:
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:22 am

angola wrote:
IcePack wrote:
freakns wrote:

Sounds like a predictor to war ;)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:44 pm

(round 1 and 2)
QG1
GR-DBC 5-2-----d
PIG-LEG 6-1----d
PIG-TOFU 3-4
LEG-CF 3-3
TOFU-GR 4-1
DBC-CF 4-2

QG2
LOTZ-MB 7-1-----f
EMP-TLW 3-5-----f
MYTH-WAR 5-2---d
MYTH-EMP 2-2
WAR-MB 4-4-----f
TLW-LOTZ 3-3

QG3
FOED-SOH 7-1----f
AFOS-FOED 4-0
ID-DYN 5-0--------d
SOH-UM8 3-2
DYN-UM8 6-2-----f
ID-AFOS 1-4

QG4
FALL-RA 4-2
AOC-FALL 1-4
VDLL-AOK 4-4-----f
RA-AOK 4-2
LOW-VDLL 4-1
LOW-AOC 2-2

QG5
TFFS-OTP 3-3
IA-MD 4-1
MM-AQOH 4-3
TFFS-IA 0-6------d
MD-MM 3-4
OTP-AQOH 3-3

QG6
LHDD-DB 4-4----f
OSA-HH 7-1-----f
OSA-KORT 1-6----d
HH-DB 4-4------f
KORT-TNC 3-2
TNC-LHDD 6-2----f
f----finished
d----decided
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:49 pm

After round 1 and 2 Kort will be 12-4. Lets go COWS!!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Bruceswar wrote:After round 1 and 2 Kort will be 12-4. Lets go COWS!!

I think Fallen could be 12-4 as well :)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Qwert on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:31 pm

(round 1 and 2)
QG1
GR-DBC 5-2-----d
PIG-LEG 6-1----d
PIG-TOFU 4-4----f
LEG-CF 4-3
TOFU-GR 4-1
DBC-CF 5-2-----d

QG2
LOTZ-MB 7-1-----f
EMP-TLW 3-5-----f
MYTH-WAR 5-2---d
MYTH-EMP 3-2
WAR-MB 4-4-----f
TLW-LOTZ 4-3

QG3
FOED-SOH 7-1----f
AFOS-FOED 4-1
ID-DYN 5-0--------d
SOH-UM8 3-4
DYN-UM8 6-2-----f
ID-AFOS 3-4

QG4
FALL-RA 5-2-----d
AOC-FALL 2-4
VDLL-AOK 4-4-----f
RA-AOK 4-2
LOW-VDLL 5-1----d
LOW-AOC 2-2

QG5
TFFS-OTP 3-4
IA-MD 6-1------d
MM-AQOH 4-4----f
TFFS-IA 0-6------d
MD-MM 3-4
OTP-AQOH 5-3----f

QG6
LHDD-DB 4-4----f
OSA-HH 7-1-----f
OSA-KORT 1-7---f
HH-DB 4-4------f
KORT-TNC 4-3
TNC-LHDD 6-2----f
f----finished
d----decided

QG1
R3
GR-PIG 2-1
LEG-DBC 4-0
CF-TOFU 1-2
R4
TOFU-LEG 1-0
CF-GR 0-2
DBC-PIG 2-3

QG2
R3
TLW-MYTH 3-3
WAR-LOTZ 4-3
MB-EMP 1-4
R4
EMP-WAR 4-1
MB-TLW 3-3
LOTZ-MYTH 0-5----d

QG3
R3
FOED-ID 1-3
DYN-SOH 2-2
UM8-AFOS 1-2
R4
AFOS-DYN 3-0
UM8-FOED 1-1
SOH-ID 0-0

QG4
R3
FALL-LOW 1-3
VDLL-RA 0-2
AOK-AOC 1-2
R4
AOC-VDLL 1-0
AOK-FALL 1-4
RA-LOW 0-3

QG5
R3
MD-TFFS 2-2
OTP-MM 1-1
AQOH-IA 2-3
R4
IA-OTP 2-2
AQOH-MD 1-4
MM-TFFS 0-2

QG6
R3
TNC-OSA 2-0
HH-LHDD 1-3
DB-KORT 0-3
R4
KORT-HH 3-0
DB-TNC 3-1
LHDD-OSA 2-1
Last edited by Qwert on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby IcePack on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Can we also get point totals updated in the posts, since the images in yoru first post wont be updated for awhile I'm guessing.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges