Conquer Club

CC breakfast/lunch

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC breakfast/lunch

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:19 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:Breakfast: Generally smoked salmon, drizzled with fresh lemon, freshly rough ground black pepper and cream cheese. Freshly squeezed Orange juice then a large cup, or two, of breakfast tea, brewed to strength. When I can't get the cook to make that I settle for a bowl of rice krispies.

Elevenses: cup of tea with ginger snaps.

Lunch. I get two choices
1) (Light Lunch snack) Pio Tosini Palma ham (have eaten Pio Tosini for years, won't try another). with sun dried and sun blushed tomatoes with a fine Chardonnay
2) (Heavy Lunch snack) Medium sliced Fillet steak (very rare) thinly layered with good quality paté topped with a Parmigiano-Reggiano salad, all in a freshly baked (but not hot) ciabatta. Washed down with a Gevrey Chambertin.

This sees me through to tea time.

compliments to your taste, this man enjoys life

Yeah that and he's older than my grandfather and so has time to enjoy life to the fullest. ;) I was always envious of his descriptions though, maybe he's got an extra seat at the table...
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Fruitcake on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:Breakfast: Generally smoked salmon, drizzled with fresh lemon, freshly rough ground black pepper and cream cheese. Freshly squeezed Orange juice then a large cup, or two, of breakfast tea, brewed to strength. When I can't get the cook to make that I settle for a bowl of rice krispies.

Elevenses: cup of tea with ginger snaps.

Lunch. I get two choices
1) (Light Lunch snack) Pio Tosini Palma ham (have eaten Pio Tosini for years, won't try another). with sun dried and sun blushed tomatoes with a fine Chardonnay
2) (Heavy Lunch snack) Medium sliced Fillet steak (very rare) thinly layered with good quality paté topped with a Parmigiano-Reggiano salad, all in a freshly baked (but not hot) ciabatta. Washed down with a Gevrey Chambertin.

This sees me through to tea time.

compliments to your taste, this man enjoys life

Yeah that and he's older than my grandfather and so has time to enjoy life to the fullest. ;) I was always envious of his descriptions though, maybe he's got an extra seat at the table...

To be honest, my table normally has a couple of guests for Breakfast, Elevenses, Lunch, Tea or even Dinner. Sometimes the same faces are there for days as they don't seem to want to leave!

I have 9 for Dinner tomorrow. We are opening with grilled Salmon (medium to well done) with balsamic glaze (goes sweet and a little crispy if placed under a fierce grill), followed by a salad creation I came up with some years ago that most say is unlike any salad they have ever tasted (and been bored with) previously. I now have to make almost industrial quantities to fulfil the requests for it. To go with this salad are fine whole Beef Fillets roasted with whole-Grain Mustard & Herb Crust (a real favourite of mine), sliced at the table freshly baked home made bread, warm (and unusually strong) Somerset Camembert, from a cheese maker I now count as a friend, for dipping the bread in. A very nice Louis Jadot Gevrey-Chambertin for those who like red (which should be everyone imo) and a passable Au Bon Climat Hildegard 2008 (Santa Maria Valley) Pinot Grigio for those who insist on drinking white wine.

I shall be in the Kitchen for some hours in the morning before breaking to watch the first half of the France v Wales match, then a quick change as guests will be arriving for and during the second half. As usual, Cook will take care of the final preparation and I imagine I will have a full house tomorrow overnight so will revert to the usual breakfast mentioned previously on Sunday.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby AslanTheKing on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:22 pm

oh, i love this pinot noir from the french cote de nuits region,
Louis Jadot Gevrey-Chambertin, last time i had it was on a japanes cruiseship

last night i trully enjoyed lamb from new zealand ( it wasnt fillet- but dont know the word in english)
i can only recommend to people to try lamb for a change

the appetizer was simple atlantik oysters from ireland- never had irish oysters before but they where great
( last time i had great oysters was in canada, victora at the oyster bar- u get a map where the oysters come from and choose)

but tell me guys, whats your favourite champagne?
i want to try something i havent had before
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby AslanTheKing on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:35 pm

clapper011 wrote:I am having an everything bagel, with herb and garlic cream cheese, bacon, cheese, egg and tomato for lunch, while I take my cc turns! what do you eat for breakfast or lunch while taking turns? :D

Image looks very similar to this one :)

the nicest bagel what comes into my mind is

a nice crusted sesame bagel, thin layer of philadelphia cream cheese, some capers and Red!! Onion,
a little bit of iceberg lettuce and finally the most important
some Gravlax, not smoked salmon
it has to be gravlax

if u dont have gravlax , try king crablegs instead (without onions , capers, lettuce- just plain)
delicious
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:11 am

I enjoy chevre and jam on a sesame bagel. All 3 are homemade, btw. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby smegal69 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:14 am

My dad said i can have one with him for lunch....... they taste better fresh
Lieutenant smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:45 pm

I can't play and eat at the same time... never learned how to walk and chew gum at the same time, so clicking and chomping prob won't work either..
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:14 pm

rhp 1 wrote:I can't play and eat at the same time... never learned how to walk and chew gum at the same time, so clicking and chomping prob won't work either..

Yes, Fruitcake must have one of the stickiest keyboards in existence.
Well, gillipig may have him beat... :roll:
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:52 am

smegal69 wrote:My dad said i can have one with him for lunch....... they taste better fresh

this are nice lobsters, but they look like there from the pacific coast, i can be wrong

i personally love those of the east coast ( rhode island ...)
there the sweetest lobsters on earth

just by looking at the picture i get hungry ( this lobsters ...)
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby smegal69 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:30 am

Southern Ocean Rock Lobsters or what the locals call Cray's (Australia & New Zealand)

best to Drown them first (use fresh water) that way they don't lose there legs when you drop them in boiling water, and cooked straight away in Sea Water severed with a slice of lemon...... yummy

these one's never made it home :D
Lieutenant smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:10 pm

smegal69 wrote:Southern Ocean Rock Lobsters or what the locals call Cray's (Australia & New Zealand)

best to Drown them first (use fresh water) that way they don't lose there legs when you drop them in boiling water, and cooked straight away in Sea Water severed with a slice of lemon...... yummy

these one's never made it home :D

Looks good to me. O:)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:31 am

Leftover cajun fries from Five-Guys. Great snack, even if it's horrible for you, ha.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:18 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:Leftover cajun fries from Five-Guys. Great snack, even if it's horrible for you, ha.

BMO

:D
What's five guys? Cajun fries sounds good though, I love spicy stuff.
Leftover black pepper chicken for me (Indian dish). Super hot. I used to work with a guy from India and he taught me how to cook a few Indian dishes. The first few times I ate over his house I could hardly eat the stuff as it was so spicy it made me sweat. Now I have a really hard time finding places to eat out that come close to my taste for heat.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:11 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:Leftover cajun fries from Five-Guys. Great snack, even if it's horrible for you, ha.

BMO

What's five guys? Cajun fries sounds good though, I love spicy stuff.
Leftover black pepper chicken for me (Indian dish). Super hot. I used to work with a guy from India and he taught me how to cook a few Indian dishes. The first few times I ate over his house I could hardly eat the stuff as it was so spicy it made me sweat. Now I have a really hard time finding places to eat out that come close to my taste for heat.

http://www.fiveguys.com/

BMO

Postby 2dimes on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:32 am

If you put fries in a toaster oven on high heat they come back to life. You just need to watch them so they don't burn.
Funkyterrance wrote:
What's five guys?

~gasp~

Are you in a Forrest? We even got a few of them here now.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:21 am

2dimes wrote:If you put fries in a toaster oven on high heat they come back to life. You just need to watch them so they don't burn.

The quote made me miss this life lesson the first time around. Thanks, 2Dimes!

BMO

Postby 2dimes on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:15 pm

No worries, shallow pan single layer.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Fruitcake on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:30 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:

If you are ever in the area, try out Rodez Champagne. They are situated in Ambonnay, a Grand Cru village just outside Rheims, it's worth the trip.

Some others worthy of mention (some can be bought outside the area they are grown)

Pierre Moncuit - nice, with great fizz. Superb for parties.
Alfred Gratien - one of my favourites, but does have the odd disastrous harvest.
Champagne Thienot (can be bought worldwide I think) - clean taste, another that is great for parties.

here's a few to avoid:

Ruinart - yuck, only one worth drinking is the 1998
Perrier-Jouet - Ghastly tripe, drunk by those who know no better and think they are drinking Laurent Perrier
G.H.Mumm - only good for spraying over others....drink at your peril.

Of course one cannot go wrong with a bottle of Bolli, especially a vintage year. Best drunk whilst dressed smartly (really...this does affect the way one feels when drinking certain vintages), furthermore, I have always held that the 4B rule, if which Bolli is one, ensures a daughter's future.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Re:

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:34 pm

2dimes wrote:~gasp~

Are you in a Forrest?

Yes.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby AslanTheKing on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Fruitcake wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:

If you are ever in the area, try out Rodez Champagne. They are situated in Ambonnay, a Grand Cru village just outside Rheims, it's worth the trip.

Some others worthy of mention (some can be bought outside the area they are grown)

Pierre Moncuit - nice, with great fizz. Superb for parties.
Alfred Gratien - one of my favourites, but does have the odd disastrous harvest.
Champagne Thienot (can be bought worldwide I think) - clean taste, another that is great for parties.

here's a few to avoid:

Ruinart - yuck, only one worth drinking is the 1998
Perrier-Jouet - Ghastly tripe, drunk by those who know no better and think they are drinking Laurent Perrier
G.H.Mumm - only good for spraying over others....drink at your peril.

Of course one cannot go wrong with a bottle of Bolli, especially a vintage year. Best drunk whilst dressed smartly (really...this does affect the way one feels when drinking certain vintages), furthermore, I have always held that the 4B rule, if which Bolli is one, ensures a daughter's future.

thx for all these information - and most of them i really havent heard off,

im the oldfashioned moet, dom perignon drinker ( still my favourite)
my wife prefers veuve clicquot fan - i ´m not

two years ago i was in bordeaux, so the champagne region is on my list
i will go searching the recommendations u posted, i m looking forward to it, thanks
for your precious knowledge
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby Pirlo on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:56 pm

my breakfast is coffee and smoke since 2001... and then they said smoke kills you :lol:
Captain Pirlo

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:36 pm

Pirlo wrote:my breakfast is coffee and smoke since 2001... and then they said smoke kills you :lol:

Hehe, rebel. :mrgreen:
Well I'm sure it get's you going first thing. I don't actually wake up till around 11AM, before that I'm more like a zombie than a person. Thing is I don't have any appetite until 11 either so coffee is kind of out of the question since I get the caffeine jitters if I drink it without food.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby AslanTheKing on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Pirlo wrote:my breakfast is coffee and smoke since 2001... and then they said smoke kills you :lol:

they say, it doesnt kill you

but it makes u impotent, and thats for sure
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:53 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:

they say, it doesnt kill you

but it makes u impotent, and thats for sure

You speak from experience, Aslan? :lol:
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re: Re:

Postby 2dimes on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
2dimes wrote:~gasp~

Are you in a Forrest?

Yes.

You should find someone with an automobile and catch a ride to the nearest 5guys. They're pretty good.
Corporal 2dimes

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion