Conquer Club

game names in e-mail notifications?

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

game names in e-mail notifications?

Postby Col. Wm. Colvill on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:28 pm

With apologies if this is the wrong place/forum to post this question--Is it possible to include the name of the game in the e-mail notification, rather than just the game number?

It's not a huge deal, but firewall will not let me access CC at work :cry: and, just for the sake of curiosity when I receive the turn-notification e-mails, it would be nice to know which games are waiting for me.

Thanks.
Corporal 1st Class Col. Wm. Colvill

Re: game names in e-mail notifications?

Postby blakebowling on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:56 pm

Col. Wm. Colvill wrote:With apologies if this is the wrong place/forum to post this question--Is it possible to include the name of the game in the e-mail notification, rather than just the game number?

It's not a huge deal, but firewall will not let me access CC at work :cry: and, just for the sake of curiosity when I receive the turn-notification e-mails, it would be nice to know which games are waiting for me.

Thanks.

You're talking about the number of the game? Correct?
Private blakebowling

Postby agentcom on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:50 pm

I interpreted it as the map name. The game number is already in the e-mail.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Col. Wm. Colvill on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:43 pm

Yes, I'm looking for having the map name (and possibly the tournament name, as applicable) included in the e-mail. Not a big deal, just a matter of curiosity. Thanks.
Corporal 1st Class Col. Wm. Colvill

Postby agentcom on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Col. Wm. Colvill wrote:Yes, I'm looking for having the map name (and possibly the tournament name, as applicable) included in the e-mail. Not a big deal, just a matter of curiosity. Thanks.

I kind of like this. Getting 40 e-mails a day that say it's my turn in XXXXX doesn't do me much good. One problem I see is that I think the admin are considering only sending out 1 e-mail between log-ins. So you would get a single e-mail that says that it's your turn in a game and then you wouldn't get another one until after the next time you log in.

But I'm glad you brought this up because I will link this convo to that discussion. Maybe you could have an options between the new system (one e-mail) and the old system (lots of e-mails) WITH the addition of this idea.
Brigadier agentcom

Return to Suggestions