Conquer Club

Average number of games?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Average number of games?

Postby Rayfinkle on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:57 pm

I did my best to look through the provided links for an answer, but couldn't find one. If it's already out there (I'm sure it's somewhere) feel free to point me in the right direction and make me look silly.

My question is: if you had to estimate, how many games would you say the average CCer has going at one time? I ask so I can get an idea of what is sustainable. Also, if anyone has set any crazy high records for most active games at once I'd like to hear those too because I'm curious. Thanks.
Sergeant Rayfinkle

Re: Average number of games?

Postby elonpuckhog on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 pm

I'm aiming to keep about 60 going at one time, but it partially depends on how many people are in your games. If you play all 2 player games - you will probably want less than that. If you play all 8 player games, you can handle a few more.

You may very well find you can handle many more (or maybe much less).
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby greenoaks on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:15 am

don't pay any attention to what the rest of us play. find what is the right amount for you.

join a few games. if you can handle the time needed for turns, join a few more. repeat.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Koganosi on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:07 am

Rayfinkle wrote:I did my best to look through the provided links for an answer, but couldn't find one. If it's already out there (I'm sure it's somewhere) feel free to point me in the right direction and make me look silly.

My question is: if you had to estimate, how many games would you say the average CCer has going at one time? I ask so I can get an idea of what is sustainable. Also, if anyone has set any crazy high records for most active games at once I'd like to hear those too because I'm curious. Thanks.

Record breaking attempts were made by HighlanderAttack and Army of Nobu I think. It ended up with HA having like 1255 on going games at once just search in the forums its out there somewhere.

Here is the list:
1. Army of nobunaga 1282
2. Highlanderattack 1250
3. Heatz 843
4. Hotdoggie 430
5. Shoop76 330

Average games, just depends what you think is fine. I normally keep around 5-20 ish.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby greenoaks on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:52 am

Koganosi wrote:
Rayfinkle wrote:I did my best to look through the provided links for an answer, but couldn't find one. If it's already out there (I'm sure it's somewhere) feel free to point me in the right direction and make me look silly.

Record breaking attempts were made by HighlanderAttack and Army of Nobu I think. It ended up with HA having like 1255 on going games at once just search in the forums its out there somewhere.

Here is the list:
1. Army of nobunaga 1282
2. Highlanderattack 1250
3. Heatz 843
4. Hotdoggie 430
5. Shoop76 330

Average games, just depends what you think is fine. I normally keep around 5-20 ish.

Urs

Koganosi

AoN is not the record holder, he didn't play those games.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:16 pm

I've interviewed a lot of tournament winners, and this is one of the questions I occasionally ask.

There are people out there who carry 100+ games on an ongoing basis, but they rarely rise above lieutenant. People with decent rank (Major or higher) rarely play more than 40 or 50 games at a time.

My personal experience tends to support that. My goal is to keep my game count below 40, but I never achieve it. Usually as soon as it dips below 50, someone will update some tournaments that I'm in and it will rise again. Most often it's up around 60 or more. And sure enough, when it's down between 40 and 50, I'm winning a lot, and when it's up around 60 or 70 I'm losing a lot. There's definitely a breaking point where your attention span can't handle any more, and you start to make stupid careless mistakes.

Of course the breaking point will be different for different people, and it also depends a lot on what kind of games you play. (1v1 games will almost always involve a turn every day or more, while an 8-player game may give you three or four days respite before your next turn comes around.)
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Koganosi on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:11 am

greenoaks wrote:
Koganosi wrote:

Here is the list:
1. Army of nobunaga 1282
2. Highlanderattack 1250
3. Heatz 843
4. Hotdoggie 430
5. Shoop76 330

Urs

Koganosi

AoN is not the record holder, he didn't play those games.

Thats a debate for that wich I am not getting into. He had 1282 active at highest point. I know his turn misses were high, way higher then HA.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby ZeekLTK on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:56 am

I personally like to have very few games - which is why I like being "freemium" because it forces me to keep my count low. Then I can spend time thinking about my games when I'm not online and I feel like that helps me keep a high winning percentage even though I feel like I play a lot of difficult games - fog trench with 5-8 players, etc.
Lieutenant ZeekLTK

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I've interviewed a lot of tournament winners, and this is one of the questions I occasionally ask.

There are people out there who carry 100+ games on an ongoing basis, but they rarely rise above lieutenant. People with decent rank (Major or higher) rarely play more than 40 or 50 games at a time.

I usually have 75-100 games these days. I used to have around 150-160. My rank usually stays at a major.

But, greenoaks is right, it just depends what you can handle yourself.

Check this out: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=167798
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gilligan on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:51 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:I've interviewed a lot of tournament winners, and this is one of the questions I occasionally ask.

I usually have 75-100 games these days. I used to have around 150-160. My rank usually stays at a major.

But, greenoaks is right, it just depends what you can handle yourself.

Check this out: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 6&t=167798

+1, except for the 150-160 part. :lol:
Captain Gilligan

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:38 pm

See, for me, around the summer, last year I had at least 100 active sometime. Now when we get into fall and winter, I have 10-20, no more than 30 max active games.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Return to Conquer Club Discussion