Conquer Club

Update Tracking Thread

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Update Tracking Thread

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:22 am

Updates, Updates, Updates

Hello again, ConquerClub! I've been looking over the way things were happening and the admins and I have all come to a consensus that we thought you'd agree upon: updates are being handled horribly.

Updates with no warning/feedback, updates with no announcement, and updates being released at sporadic points of time were all unprofessional, uncoordinated, unsupervised, and just..."un."

After further discussion with the other Administrators last night, this thread, along with another item I have planned (to be detailed below), will setup how updates are handled with more consistent standards and feedback/reach.

Here's what we have:

1. Updates will always happen at around 3am CC Time and no other time unless it is an emergency
  2. I will post in this thread with an announcement of every update, no matter how small instead of a new announcement each time. This is more easily accomplished since the updates will be coordinated to take place at the same time each week (if any).
  3. Feedback: After speculation, it looks like feedback is distorted since not many on the site aren't active forum-goers that actually know what's happening. Due to this, I'm setting up a trial way to gather feedback from non forum-goers in conjunction with everyone else. Once I get it all tacked down, I'll release it as an update to you guys for a trial run. Hoorah for feedback!

Along with this, I have a list of things that we should cover:

There are many more, too, thanks to teamwide coding efforts to help better round off our site. Thank you for your time, patience, and understanding for the bugs. Best,

--rdsrds2120 (BMO)
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Re: Update Tracking Thread

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:51 am

This threads probably the most important update of them all, as it will make future updates a much more smoother process. Very nice! =D> =D>
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Koganosi on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:07 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:Updates, Updates, Updates

[size=120]Hello again, ConquerClub! I've been looking over the way things were happening and the admins and I have all come to a consensus that we thought you'd agree upon: updates are being handled horribly.

Updates with no warning/feedback, updates with no announcement, and updates being released at sporadic points of time were all unprofessional, uncoordinated, unsupervised, and just..."un."

This basicly. Hope this stuff will improve it!!! Would be nice to see.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby The_Samurai on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:20 am

Well done rdsrds2120 and the team ! This is a great way forward ! =D>
Best rank: Brigadier - ranked #45 | high score 3306 | 6 August 2015
Proud member of The Republic clan, and Co-leader of FBRD tribe
Major The_Samurai

Postby CJ Lues on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:20 am

Excellent! Great Idea, well done guys! =D> =D> =D>
Sergeant CJ Lues

Location: I love a good plan, and i just love it when a plan comes together!

Postby Leehar on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:38 am

Glad to know that all the minor things are being tackled as well, and it's such a healthy list to boot!
Just makes the overall experience better :)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:15 am

Agree with all sentiments above. This is a great thing to see happen.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Butters1919 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:07 am

awesome!
Cook Butters1919

Postby Lindax on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Thanks for bringing game finder back to normal!
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby rishaed on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Could you sticky this thread on the homepage so that I can find it easily whenever? Either that or have it rise to the top again after every new Update.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby kuma32478 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Lindax wrote:Thanks for bringing game finder back to normal!

Game finder is still saving info in it on my end. Did this update take effect yet?
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby IcePack on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:36 pm

Yes, in one sentence "game finder results are no longer auto filled", and first in the list "game finder results are remembered".

Same difference, there's a shit tonne of stuff to deselect all the time. Can we please either make this optional or go back to default = no selections made on new game finder?

Please.....

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Lindax on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:41 pm

kuma32478 wrote:

Game finder is still saving info in it on my end. Did this update take effect yet?

IcePack wrote:Yes, in one sentence "game finder results are no longer auto filled", and first in the list "game finder results are remembered".

Same difference, there's a shit tonne of stuff to deselect all the time. Can we please either make this optional or go back to default = no selections made on new game finder?

Please.....

Oops, I guess I spoke too soon!
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Butters1919 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:29 pm

IcePack wrote:Yes, in one sentence "game finder results are no longer auto filled", and first in the list "game finder results are remembered".

Please.....

Agreed.
Cook Butters1919

Postby nicestash on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Thank you so much for the old game finder back- I promise I'll never complain about it again! :D
Major nicestash

Postby Armandolas on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:11 pm

+41213

oops...looks like i spoke too soon as well.
But surely it gets very annoying

Why dont CC just implement in the system a very fine and simple tool called "saved searches ", or what ever it is called.
Is so nice,usefull and easy to use that it should be avaliable to every member
Colonel Armandolas

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Please.....

I think we're planning to have that be toggled on a player-by-player basis. With the statement in the announcement: I see how what I said is different from what I intended to say:

The form when you first visit it is no longer pre-filled with default fills (Awaiting players, public, hide reserved games) but it after your first search, correct, it does remember.

BMO

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Butters1919 wrote:

Please.....

Agreed.

I like it saving results but there should be a "Clear All" button added for those people who do not like it. Best of both worlds in my opinion.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby IcePack on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:30 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:

Please.....

Agreed.

I like it saving results but there should be a "Clear All" button added for those people who do not like it. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

No, i think the default should be nothing kept - and a button made for saving results. That way i dont have to click "clear all" everytime, yet you click something once and your problem is solved. the way you've proposed i still have to do something every time i use game finder as a TO or clan organizer.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby blakebowling on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:14 pm

IcePack wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:

Please.....

Agreed.

No, i think the default should be nothing kept - and a button made for saving results. That way i dont have to click "clear all" everytime, yet you click something once and your problem is solved. the way you've proposed i still have to do something every time i use game finder as a TO or clan organizer.

As rds said, it will soon be an option in the Game Settings. I'm in favor of adding a reset button as well. Hopefully this will all be done next week!
Private blakebowling

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Update: Live Chat has new Smilies and colors! Check 'em out! :D

note: There is a noted bug the Penguin emoticon. It is on track to be fixed.

BMO

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:44 am

New smilies, will the rest of the site get them or are these LC exclusive?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:18 am

koontz1973 wrote:New smilies, will the rest of the site get them or are these LC exclusive?

Looking like just them right now.

BMO

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:07 am

It's really nice to hear the updates are finally getting structured and sounding like they're going to be regular as well. It gives me hope that some day the XML suggestions that have been floating around for half a decade will actually get coded sometime soon :)
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby darth emperor on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:58 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:It's really nice to hear the updates are finally getting structured and sounding like they're going to be regular as well. It gives me hope that some day the XML suggestions that have been floating around for half a decade will actually get coded sometime soon :)

Yeah, its a first step
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Next

Return to Announcement Archives