Conquer Club

[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Holiday Mafia - D6 [7/16] Misfit

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:11 pm

the point of hammerig is ending the day. we can still talk untill the mod comes in and puts us into night phase though. A lynch is a lynch, it's like if you shoot someone and you say "I unpull the trigger". the dammage is done, therefore, now that I'm speaking as a deadman it's a bit ridiculous to still call me scum, I've already told you as a "dead man" that I've been telling the truth all along, I'm a town gifter.

why would you even hammer me if you received a gift without listening to witt and rishaed other that if you had something to hide?
Major betiko

Re: [Official] Holiday Mafia - D4 [10/16] No More Toymakers

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:31 pm

ok, now you know I'm town a little update on my "legacy". You can look back how ani apologized 100 times for sending a gift to IB yesterday and it wasn't even sure he would turn scum, when no one told him anything. scummy!! also he followed my lead yesterday, and then when he saw the wind turn he lynched IB to look townish when I said I would do it if people asked me to. Also, the whole thing with rishaed tracking ani and that he visited mob is key, have a reread. We don't know if ani has christmas magic, but he has at least 3 gifts, witt will know if he gave him something or not..
Unfortunately I made a mistake investigating rishaed as I noobed about a godfather that could give a town result, but I guess that if I had investigated ani with a town result it could still be because he's the godfather...
I'm pretty sure ani is the last mafia, but I've been so wrong yesterday that I'll let you judge the situation. Rishaed has some verified stuff in his night actions, and ani doesn't.

killed/out of the game:

show: jonty

show: superkeener

show: Kanin Usagi

show: Soundman

show: Spiesr

show: NoSurvivors

show: thechuck51

show: Iron Butterfly

show: Metsfanmax

show: betiko

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

claims:

show: nendreel-gustaf

show: Little Witt

show: Mob deadly

show: rishaed

show: edocsil

show: anamainiacks

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

from scenes
show: abominable snowman

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Major betiko

Postby edocsil on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:20 pm

That was badly done. Nice summary Bet, shame it won't be believed by anyone till after the scene :| Anyhow, not much to say really until the scene.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby rishaed on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Can confirm i got ani's gift last night. Waiting for scene as well.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:15 pm

rishaed wrote:Can confirm i got ani's gift last night. Waiting for scene as well.

really? well maybe I'm wrong about ani then. maybe the scum is mob as there is no logic to him not receiving my day 1 gift and being roleblocked. Guys, I'm lynched, there is no turning back for me. you can believe me at this point... If I was the last mafia and already lynched, it would be a quite dumb not to let go. Anyway, could we still be facing 2 scums? does it makes sense to have 3 3rd parties in the same game?

Unfortunately this is far from being crystal clear. kudos to mafia, I've really been clueless throughout this game...

Rishaed, your gift can still be witt's though, but if he doesn't show up we will never know. That's why we let people at l-2 to avoid these things, oh well, you guys have been following gustaf's gamestyle of of no talking just voting... never played a game where people were speedlynching like this without waiting for all the info, really not the best thing to do.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:25 pm

pcm a prodding on witt would be much apreciated before the scene.... :?
not sure you will agree.... but we haven't heard from him in ages...
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Im assuming once PCM comes in the scene is coming up.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby pancakemix on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Ani's vote was the hammer I believe. Once that's cast, the jig is up. Betiko is lynched pending a final VC. Unfortunately, I won't have time to write a scene until tomorrow evening. You may continue to discuss if you wish during that time.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:44 pm

pancakemix wrote:Ani's vote was the hammer I believe. Once that's cast, the jig is up. Betiko is lynched pending a final VC. Unfortunately, I won't have time to write a scene until tomorrow evening. You may continue to discuss if you wish during that time.

can we ask you to prod witt?
Major betiko

Re: [Official] Holiday Mafia - D4 [10/16] No More Toymakers

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:04 am

betiko wrote:You can look back how ani apologized 100 times for sending a gift to IB yesterday and it wasn't even sure he would turn scum, when no one told him anything. scummy!!

Are you reading the same post that I posted when I talked about IB? Here have a look:
anamainiacks wrote:Well since he's going to be lynched, I thought I'd just lay the cards on the table.

I gifted IB on the most recent night. Why? Because I do believe nobody has gifted him for the entire game. (Let's be honest, he has done nothing to prove his townie-ness, and all the claimed gifters haven't mentioned him at all.) And if his claim were true, giving him a gift would be a plus for the townies, since he'd be able to trade in as a gift doubler. However if he were scum and used that as a fake claim, he wouldn't be able to trade it in, since he'd only have 1 gift. It was a calculated risk, I admit; but one that could have had the potential to help us.

I don't know if he'd confirm the gifting to make it look like we're in cahoots (if he turns scum), or deny it to try and throw a case onto me. I understand this might throw a great deal of suspicion on me, but I'd rather get this out in the open sooner than later, and have it seem all the more suspicious then.

Also, did nobody get gift stolen tonight? Or was chuck the one with the gift stealing ability? O.o Or is there yet another 3rd party keeping quiet all this while or something?

Not ONCE do I see any part where I said anything the line of "Oh no!" or "Crap, sorry!". I outlined my decision matter-of-factly, a decision which was a calculated risk - and one I still stand by. If it had been successful, it would have helped the townies vastly. And sure, nobody knew for sure if IB would turn scum, but he'd been investigated and turned Mafia. So isn't in only natural that I included speculation of IB's response based on him being scum?

-------------------------------------------------------------

betiko wrote:also he followed my lead yesterday, and then when he saw the wind turn he lynched IB to look townish when I said I would do it if people asked me to. Also, the whole thing with rishaed tracking ani and that he visited mob is key, have a reread.

Might I point out that rishaed was the first person to unvote on IB when he was at L-1? And he never even voted again for IB in the end?

I cast the last vote when I had gotten the answers to all the questions I had. My focus was on why you insisted on voting Mets, when it was clear it wasn't going to happen. I found it absurd.

-------------------------------------------------------------

betiko wrote:That's why we let people at l-2 to avoid these things, oh well, you guys have been following gustaf's gamestyle of of no talking just voting... never played a game where people were speedlynching like this without waiting for all the info, really not the best thing to do.

Well your gamestyle isn't working much either. First targeting Mets, and now targeting me - two townies - so adamantly to the point that you blind yourself to the possibility of us being town, even twisting information to support your case (see first section of this post).

I guess you really are town then, since you're caring too much to be a scum who just lost the game. But you've misguided the town quite a fair bit, and thrown unnecessary suspicion on yourself all this while. It's a good thing the town didn't listen to you on a number of those occasions. That said, I guess it's also a matter of a series of unfortunate events piling themselves up on you; and I still respect your gamestyle as your personal style.

I honestly don't know who to trust now, but I think we all know that Witt, edoc and Gustaf(?) can be cleared without a doubt. That leaves rishaed, MoB and me. I know I'm innocent, but I of course realise why you guys might have your doubts. I would suggest Gustaf to investigate either MoB or me, and someone Vig rishaed if anyone has enough gifts (he will stay alive if his isn't a fakeclaim). That way we get to investigate at least 2 out of the 3 people.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby betiko on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:10 am

yes ani, i've said loads of crap this game and i've been blinded by the mets case, as I said earlier. But we can only go with the pieces of the puzzle we have. I know that generally the first intuitions I've had in games were correct and that after some time i've let them go to learn at the end that my first suspect was indeed scum and blame myself for not being more insistent. That's why I've playedlike that vs mets, I probably autoconvinced myself that there was no way he wasn't scum, and every little things that couldn't be verified were lies. But you can't only blame me because I've been the victim of the same thing, even if I've always given 1% chance that we were in fact 2 towns, players like gustaf have never even given me this 1% chance that all I said was the truth. I realized at the end of day 5 after searchig for met's rolename that he was quite likely who he said he was, but too little too late I guess.
I didn't like how the day 5 guilty result on IB was handled as gustaf wanted a speedlynch without waiting for all players to show up in case they had usefull information, and given the strange scenario with no lynch. I was still holding on the "mets is scum" scenario so I came up with some wierd shit.
But as I said earlier, at the end of the day that mets-betiko fight didn't do much dammage to town, and the lynch on chuck was only based on the fact that either of us had to be scum, therefore chuck had to be scum, we would never have catched him otherwise (for the record, that day I've said all the time that mets and chuck were scum and that I'd rather lynch mets first to prove even more chuck's guiltiness... hopefully this wasn't followed as chuck would be pretty much cleared by now! (I suggest to have a look at that, maybe there is some info to catch on the chuck vote pattern).
Regarding my case on you well, as you said, there is just rishaed, you and mob.
-I had a town result on rishaed (forgot the possibility of a godfather giving a town result as I already said); the sheep following the drummer boy when he gets lynched is kind of wierd in the night scene; the bulletproof townie thing is a bit strange too. But how could he know that he visited mob? how likely is it that you visit mob the night he gets his gifts stolen?
-mob has been really active on the chuck and mob lynches, but there is this impossible thing about my gift not reaching him + him supposedly roleblocked, this is impossible. Also there's been a lot of picking between mob and IB. IB has always wanted to lynch him just because he is 3rd party and made cases on him that didn't make much sense as he deviated other cases to mob when there were better thigs on the table. If we had lynched mob and he had turned scum, huge brownie points for IB.

anyway gl to town, it's going to be a hard day tomorrow.
Major betiko

Postby Little Witt on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:29 am

Wow sorry. I thought I was staying up to date on this game. i have to read up a few pages right now and I will be gone for a couple of hours. But I will try in the next 15-30 minutes to catch up and post whatever I can
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby Little Witt on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:57 am

Ok a couple of night s ago I gifted Metsfanmax MoB Betiko IB and edocsil thinking they were they lest scummy of they group. We now know that IB was mafia so fail on my part but hopefully no biggy.
And last night I sent Edoc, anamainiacks, Mob, Gustaf a gift I trusted the thrid party and sent a third party a gift almost every night. I have been sending edoc a present since n3 I think and I've been on and off with gustaf. But last night was the first time I sent anamainiacksa gift. And truth be told I believe Betiko somewhat about his case on anamainiacks and if Betiko turns town than I am having my vote on anamainiacks unlesss there is some truly hard evidence not to. I will cast my vote on Betiko or anamainiacks but I don't know if I should trust Betiko and vote anamainiacks as anamainiacks appears to be the gift stealer or; vote Betiko and go with the flow and get this into night again. I think we are down to 2-3 players really. Betiko anamainiacks and Rish (you're not 100% in my books)
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby edocsil on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:13 am

Little Witt wrote:Ok a couple of night s ago I gifted Metsfanmax MoB Betiko IB and edocsil thinking they were they lest scummy of they group. We now know that IB was mafia so fail on my part but hopefully no biggy.
And last night I sent Edoc, anamainiacks, Mob, Gustaf a gift I trusted the thrid party and sent a third party a gift almost every night. I have been sending edoc a present since n3 I think and I've been on and off with gustaf. But last night was the first time I sent anamainiacksa gift. And truth be told I believe Betiko somewhat about his case on anamainiacks and if Betiko turns town than I am having my vote on anamainiacks unlesss there is some truly hard evidence not to. I will cast my vote on Betiko or anamainiacks but I don't know if I should trust Betiko and vote anamainiacks as anamainiacks appears to be the gift stealer or; vote Betiko and go with the flow and get this into night again. I think we are down to 2-3 players really. Betiko anamainiacks and Rish (you're not 100% in my books)

I have only received one gift, and I have only been told I have been stolen from once.
Edoc'sil

Postby betiko on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:27 am

Little Witt wrote:Ok a couple of night s ago I gifted Metsfanmax MoB Betiko IB and edocsil thinking they were they lest scummy of they group. We now know that IB was mafia so fail on my part but hopefully no biggy.

dude on day 6 I'm the lynched player, this is a done deal, we have some extra time to talk before the scene and if I were scum it would be game over so I'm obviously not going to fight for a game already lost. we should ve said this but... you shouldn't ve revealed about edoc. So you are confirming that you didn't send a gift to rishaed then?
why would rishaed confirm ani's gift if he's town? that seems a bit twisted.

my guess is mob is the gift stealer! basically his night 1 thing with me makes no sense
-receiving a gift from me that he didn't want to confirm supposedly because he was roleblocked, that's 100% impossible
-receiving a gift from ani that supposedly got stolen when ani revealed it
-having 3 third parties in a 16 player game seems way too much, and the timing of his revelation made very little sense
-he is a third party and can be viged, no harm done
-he basically has no enemies unlike soundman/spiesr. Quite a convenient claim for mafia.
-his little fights with IB were clearly for brownie points

you guys should roleblock+vig him!

fastposted

which night did you get stolen edoc?
Major betiko

Postby edocsil on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:26 pm

n4

Your message contains 2 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 4.
Edoc'sil

Postby betiko on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:59 pm

edocsil wrote:n4

Your message contains 2 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 4.

so that's the night there was no kill. 1 gift stealing , one roleblocking on me. IB said the topic of the post game would be stupidity... could they have messed up that much forgeting they were only 2 and chuck wasn't there anymore for the kill? I wonder if the last mafia can both nk and gift steal at the same time...hum + trade gifts!
Trading gifts and using your natural ability works, I did it last night.
Major betiko

Postby pancakemix on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:21 pm

It was unfortunate. She had known so much, been so wise, been a teacher to so many. But Santa's nearest and dearest friend, his wife Jessica, was clearly of of right mind. Perhaps there was a reason behind the madness, but it was clear to the Christmas friends that she had betrayed them. It was unfortunate. They were wrong.

As Jessica was led up to the gallows, she handed her beloved Kristopher something: a china doll, the one he had given to her in Sombertown all those years ago. He cried. He had lost his mother, and now his beloved wife. Jessica smiled, and thought to herself that she hoped that her death led to the greater good. The hood went over her face, and the gallows dropped.

Betiko Jessica Claus, Town Gift Giver has been lynched!

Night 7. 72 hours.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Re: [Official] Holiday Mafia - N7 [6/16] World is Ending Tod

Postby pancakemix on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:54 am

All actions are in but I won't be able to put up a scene until late tonight.
Epic Win

Postby pancakemix on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:54 am

Santa did his due diligence despite his loss. His reindeer patrol, short one leader at the front, watched over the night sky. The wreckage of the toy workshop still smoldered below, the ashes still warm. But the night was dark and full of terrors. Santa looked down over the ruin, and saw The Bumble, once again up to his rotten tricks. Santa swooped down to distract the Bumble and protect the remaining townies, but the Abominable Snow Monster of the North quickly wrapped him up and cast him aside. Santa was flung from his sleigh and killed.

S. D. Kluger watched the murder of Santa from afar. He knew he had to send word for help. He hopped into his mail truck and sped out over the snow dunes. The Bumble caught him in his vision and gave chase. Kluger raced and zigged and zagged until he reached the safety of Sombertown. He ran to the Burgermiester and informed him of Santa's death. "Very good" replied the Burgermiester, "You are next". The Burgermeister's men opened fire on Kluger, and he fell down in an Animagic heap.

Somewhere, a child is crying. Somewhere a tree has no gifts beneath it. Somewhere a Scrooge or a Grinch laughs with glee. There is no more Christmas. There is no more Santa Claus. There is no more winter joy. There is only the cold. There is only the faint snow of night. There is only sorrow.

Little Witt, Kris Kringle, or Santa Claus, Town Gift Distributor has been killed!

Edocsil, S. D. Kluger, Town Messenger has been killed

Gustaf Wasa, Frosty the Snowman, Town Cop has been endgamed!

rishaed, Burgermeister Miesterburger, Mafia Godfather and Gift Thief,
anamainiacks, The Bumble, Mafia Goon
and The other members of the mafia have won!

MoB Deadly, Mother Nature, 3rd Party Lyncher Finder (turned Survivor) has won!

Great game, everyone. Fun to watch. I should have some comments up later today. :D
Epic Win

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:03 pm

haha, well done guys! yeah the whole rishaed/ani present seemed odd and I did mention by the end that there was a possibility of having 4 mafia... first time i have 4 mafia in the same game though!

so we were actually 9 town, 4 mafia and 3 third parties... that's hard!

my vote for MVP goes to ani! very well played man!

So quite funny, because basically rishaed DID make a slip on his first post about gift stealing. Mets put the attention on me and ani managed to deviate quite well the attention from rishaed...

And I was right, rishaed's claim about the lamb didn't fit with one scene.
Major betiko

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:08 pm

Yay I will take it!

I thought town was doing a little better though, I didn't expect 4 mafia with that many 3rd party!

Was Rishead bulletbroof? I didn't see my vigilante attempt in the scene.

No Lynching Day 1 was a mistake I think.
We got too involved in Betiko vs mets I think, including me :oops:

I guess that made sense why it was hard to get the votes rolling for town, the mafia were obviously stalling and trying to divide the town and it worked.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:24 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Yay I will take it!

I thought town was doing a little better though, I didn't expect 4 mafia with that many 3rd party!

Was Rishead bulletbroof? I didn't see my vigilante attempt in the scene.

No Lynching Day 1 was a mistake I think.
We got too involved in Betiko vs mets I think, including me :oops:

I guess that made sense why it was hard to get the votes rolling for town, the mafia were obviously stalling and trying to divide the town and it worked.

yup. And gustaf having no doubt i was scum all the way acusing me of things because of his misreadings and not giving me the benefit of the doubt didn't help..
A couple of things that completely turned the game on mafia side was the fact that you didn't receive my day 1 gift mob, I really would like to know what happened there; second thing is that mafia stole my gifts on night 2, and I would've received met's gift. How come it always looked like they had only 3 actions though??
Major betiko

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:28 pm

WE DID IT!!! Finally, the conniving and scheming is overrrrrr! :D Thanks to PCM for modding and all (: And congrats to MoB and spiesr as well!

betiko wrote:my vote for MVP goes to ani! very well played man!

Wow, thank you! That's a very kind compliment (: Though from the Mafia's perspective, I think you were the MVP... haha :P . If not for your huge conspiracy theories, and more importantly your gift to me on N6 (which I traded along with the one from Witt for a Vig action), we wouldn't have won it. We could've won it earlier on, but we made some bad moves ourselves - like N4! I honestly thought the game was over for Mafia at that point...

betiko wrote:So quite funny, because basically rishaed DID make a slip on his first post about gift stealing. Mets put the attention on me and ani managed to deviate quite well the attention from rishaed...

Well just for the record, rishaed's gift stealing ability just made the gifts disappear into thin air - they never went to scum (:

MoB Deadly wrote:Was Rishead bulletbroof? I didn't see my vigilante attempt in the scene.

Thank goodness you did what I asked :P I had to throw rishaed under the bus on D7 to make sure I wasn't roleblocked by gifts! And well, remember the gifts that rishaed supposedly exchanged for a tracking ability on me for N3? He traded it for bulletproof (:

MoB Deadly wrote:I guess that made sense why it was hard to get the votes rolling for town, the mafia were obviously stalling and trying to divide the town and it worked.

Well to be fair, edoc and Witt were rather inactive in their participation too... But yea, you really were a great help to the townies with all your arguments, which were actually more accurate than not.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Well Betiko I thought for sure you were scum the way you were jumping to some conclusions. but yes, we have quite a few unanswered questions. I cant believe you didn't have 1 verifiable action through the entire game that did not help at all either lol.

Well ani was a mafia goon, so he had no "extra" action.

One of them would perform the kill
rishead was our stealer
Chuck was a namecop (rolecop)
IB was the roleblocker

----------

Woah thats weird, someone tracked animaniacs going to my house on the same night my presents were stolen. How did animaniacs visit my house if it wasn't to kill me? I am confused about that as well now.

fastposted - Oh it was rishead with the false tracking result. that makes sense haha. well played.

Well yeah I was going to shoot you, until rishead said he got your present. I thought there was only one scum left so I was like I guess rishead just messed up and cleared ani as a townie making rishead scum.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives