Conquer Club

AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Favorite Character Past and Current Season?

Rick
7%
Lori
2%
Carl
2%
Andrea
No votes
Dale
3%
T-Dog
No votes
Carol
5%
Hershel
2%
Glenn
7%
Maggie
No votes
Beth
2%
Daryl
44%
Merle
3%
Morgan
2%
Shane
5%
Michonne
15%
The Governor
No votes
Milton
No votes
Tyrese
No votes
Sasha
2%

Total votes : 59

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby ThatDogFenton on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:57 pm

I thought the whole episode was just hitting over the head setting up the audience to understand, Hey, they aren't so different from each other after all, this unavoidable, impending war will be kind of a bummer :/ See, the intentional mirroring of:

Darryl/Baseball Bat Badass ("You like to smoke & kill things? Me too!")
Wise Herschel/Intellectual Scientist ("We learn as we go while amputating limbs, you record everything in your creepy little notebook".)
Ricktator/Governator ("Losing your family made you crazy? I feel ya, bro".)
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby Viceroy63 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Army of GOD wrote:don't forget Milton and Hershel hitting on each other (Hershel: "buy me a drink first")

Well Milton did want to see Hershel's leg. That little pervert just wanted to see what was up Hershel's pants? LOL.

Now this is how I see it. The governor's rise to power was through deceptions and lies, so ultimately he has to surround himself with idiots like Milton as council. You know, the "Yes Men." The hired guns don't give a second thought to good or evil only that they have a gun. Some one's got to be the ruler or in this case the dictator so what does it matter so long as they are fed. And just like in real life, it is the few with the power, that controls the destinies of the many without it.

Now obviously we saw an earlier episode, where a whole bunch of the people wanted to leave the governor out of fear. They wanted to take their chances away from all the fighting. I think that they really wanted to go over to ricks side of the river. And this is how I see this war ending. Also we know that people don't just leave the governor all by themselves. So something has to prompt a sort of mass exodus away from the governor.

At some point in the battle field, the governor is going to give some stupid ass command and the majority of them who really don't want to fight in the first place, but really just want to live out their lives quietly are going to take the opportunity to go over to Rick's side. Or something in that order of events. But the governor will continue with a smaller community.

Or he'll just get his ass killed and that will be the end of the story. LOL. :D

Earlier I made a comment about being sympathetic toward the Governor's side of the story but what I really meant was to the stories of those people who are under the governor's rule. The governor really deserves no sympathy because he really is the bad guy. Or else he would let the others leave if they want to. Rick simply said, "if you stay with me then you do what I say." The governor say's, "you stay with me because I say so!" So there is a difference between the two.

BTW: I like the "Ricktator" vs. the "Governator" titles. Good work "dog." :lol:
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Did Andrea just manage to become the best person ever by killing the Governor? No, but I do appreciate the action. Shes still annoying :P
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 pm

new guy1 wrote:Did Andrea just manage to become the best person ever by killing the Governor? No, but I do appreciate the action. Shes still annoying :P

Don't get my hopes up like that until we see the body! lol
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:53 pm

ThatDogFenton wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Did Andrea just manage to become the best person ever by killing the Governor? No, but I do appreciate the action. Shes still annoying :P

I know right? After I posted that I was like "well, maybe hes not actually dead". And also, even if she did, it was indirectly. If she meant what she said when she said "I have to kill him" and actually knew it in her heart, she would have been the one to do it. Just my two cents worth.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:55 pm

new guy1 wrote:
ThatDogFenton wrote:

I know right? After I posted that I was like "well, maybe hes not actually dead". And also, even if she did, it was indirectly. If she meant what she said when she said "I have to kill him" and actually knew it in her heart, she would have been the one to do it. Just my two cents worth.

DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT, hes not dead!!!
Sergeant new guy1

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:15 pm

yeah... :/
she deserved to get caught, haha

so many chances to kill him... doesnt.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby Viceroy63 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:46 am

new guy1 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:
ThatDogFenton wrote:

She's in Love man! What do you expect?

The woman has needs that the governator fulfills. Not to mention a warm bed. LOL. Just because he lost an eye, doesn't make him any less of a man? :lol:

BTW: No one is going to vote on that poll because we just like them all! Even Andrea (Speak for yourself man!) LOL.

Maybe a better poll would be, "Who will die next?" :lol:

Or will we see that Black guy Morgan on the show again? I would like to see Morgan and Michonne hook up. Now that would be quite a match. Or, "Will anyone replace Lori in Rick's life? Who would that most likely Be? Maybe Andrea? :lol:
After the Governator is killed of course. The man simply has to die and you know it.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:03 am

1. [flashback]
2. Andrea and Milton trade eye shadow and lipstick tips
3. Andrea: "Haaaay guys! Martinez is baking an apple pie over at the north wall - go grab a piece while it's still hot!"
4. Tyreese: "Who dis bitch think she foolin'?"
5. Andrea runs down the highway in sheepskin dress boots.
5. White Guy 1: "Tyreese, I remember what happened to Donna."
6. Tyreese: "Don't be hatin' cause she like dis big ol' black dick."
7. The Walkers organize and stage an ambush on Andrea.
8. White Guy 1: "My son may only be 11 years younger than me but that doesn't mean you can raise him!"
9. Tyreese: "Tyreese Donna's baby daddy. I throw yo' white ass in wit those Walkers."
10. When Rick takes a bath he only gets 2 minutes screen time.

worst episode in the history of The Walking Dead
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby crispybits on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:51 am

I agree it wasnt the best episode ever, but in series like this every now and then you need an episode like that to move storylines along a fair bit. Not every episode can be one of the ones you wanna watch again and again and again.

Maybe a vote on who BBQed the biters? My money is on Milton, but I also realise that's exactly what I'm meant to think atm. Just don't see who else would have access to the resources and the motive.
Major crispybits

Postby ThatDogFenton on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:15 pm

crispybits wrote:Maybe a vote on who BBQed the biters? My money is on Milton, but I also realise that's exactly what I'm meant to think atm. Just don't see who else would have access to the resources and the motive.

I'm convinced it's him, too.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby whitestazn88 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:16 pm

crispybits wrote:I agree it wasnt the best episode ever, but in series like this every now and then you need an episode like that to move storylines along a fair bit. Not every episode can be one of the ones you wanna watch again and again and again.

Maybe a vote on who BBQed the biters? My money is on Milton, but I also realise that's exactly what I'm meant to think atm. Just don't see who else would have access to the resources and the motive.

Had to be MIlton. I doubt Tyrese and the crew would have done the torching, since they're generally appeasers, doing what it takes to stay part of the group. But, they'll definitely switch to Rick's side by the end of the season.

The governor is gonna die, Andrea will die, Merle will die. Tyrese and Sasha team up with Rick, as will Milton, and probably the old folks and children of Woodberry. That's really the only thing I can't figure out, because there's many innocents who might have to die, but I don't see Rick pulling off a massacre like that.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby ThatDogFenton on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:20 pm

new guy1 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:
ThatDogFenton wrote:

Yep, pretty much what I said too when he reappeared, though I'm pretty sure my choice of words started with the letter F ;)

Though to be fair, that was pretty slick, the way she opened the room full of walkers on him while barricading herself behind the door. And holy moly, the Guv survived that many zombies w/o any help??! *whew*
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby crispybits on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:30 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:
crispybits wrote:I agree it wasnt the best episode ever, but in series like this every now and then you need an episode like that to move storylines along a fair bit. Not every episode can be one of the ones you wanna watch again and again and again.

Had to be MIlton. I doubt Tyrese and the crew would have done the torching, since they're generally appeasers, doing what it takes to stay part of the group. But, they'll definitely switch to Rick's side by the end of the season.

The governor is gonna die, Andrea will die, Merle will die. Tyrese and Sasha team up with Rick, as will Milton, and probably the old folks and children of Woodberry. That's really the only thing I can't figure out, because there's many innocents who might have to die, but I don't see Rick pulling off a massacre like that.

In the comic books Woodbury falls and I presume the majority of the "innocents" die - though the last couple of episodes they have been trying to move the focus there away from the innocents and having it seem more like an armed militia camp.

My guess atm is that the governator will be dead by the end of this series or possibly (but unlikely) next, and to an extent the survivors of the two groups will merge, but I don't see the overall group size growing much beyond 12-15ish because audiences don't have the capacity for too many characters. Some will split off and head in a different direction, some will stay with Rick and the other core members. The prison will be compromised and the group will be forced back onto the road.

Storylines like the prison vs Woodbury have a shelf life, it's rare that they last beyond 1 season and almost unheard of that they last beyond 2, but it would give the characters too much safety is they could defeat the governator and stay in the prison too - when this storyline ends the group will have to be forced back onto the road or into a much less safe situation one way or another or the show kinda loses any momentum.
Major crispybits

Postby nagerous on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:45 pm

ThatDogFenton wrote:
new guy1 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:
ThatDogFenton wrote:

Yep, pretty much what I said too when he reappeared, though I'm pretty sure my choice of words started with the letter F ;)

Though to be fair, that was pretty slick, the way she opened the room full of walkers on him while barricading herself behind the door. And holy moly, the Guv survived that many zombies w/o any help??! *whew*

I knew he wasn't dead as there were 2 episodes still to go in the series, he will be taken out in the series finale.
Captain nagerous

Postby Viceroy63 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Man, I have not seen this episode yet. Got to look it up on the internet. :D
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:46 am

nagerous wrote:I knew he wasn't dead as there were 2 episodes still to go in the series, he will be taken out in the series finale.

Also, adverts showed him leading Andrea to the prison as a prisoner.
This has been the best season so far but the governor is a piss poor villain. So one dimensional, attack and kill the prison.

Last two episodes. Predictions.
show
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:28 am

The best thing about this episode was that we didn't have to see Carl or Carol. The worst thing was that it was an Andrea 'sode.

How god damn long were those zombies waiting in that staircase for? At least a year?

Also, saxi pointed this out a while ago but I still love how well the zombies have all mastered the art of stealth while Andrea clumsily ran into literally everything when she was running away from the Guv'nuh.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:35 am

Army of GOD wrote:Also, saxi pointed this out a while ago but I still love how well the zombies have all mastered the art of stealth

You would of thought a few zombies moaning, trudging through a wood stepping on every dry leaf and broken twig would of been making more noise than a church mouse.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:22 pm

Merle's gonna screw everything up...
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Merle's gonna screw everything up...

Merle :(
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:35 pm

RIP Merle

Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby strike wolf on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:39 pm

I am actually a bit relieved tonight that it was Merle who died. The reason is simple. From the moment I heard Daryl say he was going after Merle by himself, I thought he was going to die. I couldn't shake the feeling that the creators wanted to wind us up for Merle's big redemption and then instead of finding the noble death he had hoped for, he has to see his little brother, the one person in this world that he still loves and cares for, killed right in front of him. I am relieved it didn't go that way because quite simply, Daryl has evolved into my favorite character of the series. Glenn has gotten better but he still annoys me from time to time. Michonne is cool but I still don't feel like I know enough about her. Rick is just Rick. Don't hate him, don't love him. The rest aren't major enough for me to list them out.

I did like Merle's last words. "I ain't gonna beg"

Other than that, I am still wondering how the Gov'nur got out of that building without at least having gotten bit (seemingly anyways). The show has stretched my suspension of disbelief in the past (Merle escaping the rooftop, various zombie encounters where someone should have gotten bit) but The Gov'nur was absolutely swarmed, no way out in that episode and as far as we can tell, he escaped with barely a hair out of place and at least in most cases where it seems a bit far-fetched, when the person escaped, they at least showed how. Unless I missed something, they showed the gov'nur being swallowed by a horde of zombies and next we see him, he is taking down Andrea and dragging her back to Woodsbury.

Some predictions:

show

Anyways RIP Merle.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:03 pm

I feel like Merle should have won that fight because he just seemed like the stronger character, but I guess Merle was drunk. RIP Merle, unfortunately right after he began to be one of my favorite characters.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby strike wolf on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:22 pm

new guy1 wrote:I feel like Merle should have won that fight because he just seemed like the stronger character, but I guess Merle was drunk. RIP Merle, unfortunately right after he began to be one of my favorite characters.

True. I didn't think the guv'nuh could take Merle in a hand to hand fight. Especially when Merle has a knife for one hand.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,