Conquer Club

Community [3/13] Game over - Town wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Community [7/13] Day Five

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:44 pm

Before Witt starts off, just to confirm, are we all in favour of massclaiming right now?
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby spiesr on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:27 pm

An important question. While I am the one who brought it up I am not certain that it is what we want to do.
If we do decide to go with some sort of massclaim, would we want it to just character claims or full claims?
Captain spiesr

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:57 pm

spiesr wrote:An important question. While I am the one who brought it up I am not certain that it is what we want to do.
If we do decide to go with some sort of massclaim, would we want it to just character claims or full claims?

If we do it (and that's a very big if), I'd say full claims. Character claims alone will not tell us much, since there is the distinct possibilities of fakeclaims being out there. Unless we're willing to go the slow way and have everyone give character claims first, and if there's nothing, then full claims.

Now as to whether we massclaim at all, or lynch someone, or no lynch. We don't have much good cases to go on, unless someone suddenly slips up now.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby blakebowling on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:36 am

At this point, I don't see a way around a massclaim. I'm also fine with the order rishead posted.
Private blakebowling

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:29 am

Mass claim, hmm...the mod showed in the rules that he isn't happy with the flavor interfering with the game through a mass claim. And like anamainiacks says, there could be fake claims. But since mass claims always benefit town, or at least don't do any harm, I'll agree if everyone else wants it.

rishaed wrote:EBWOP
I want to ask Gustaf though, why wouldn't Blake bus Tails though?

I'm not sure what that means. Isn't busing when you send someone away during the night so he can't be killed? Or is it that you switch roles between two people when a cop looks at one of them?
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:47 am

aage wrote:15. Watch those claims, because I don't want the flavour to interfere overly much with the game. I didn't make the game so that everyone could claim and the mafia would be screwed right away.

Yep. Mod does make it sound like even if we massclaimed, we wouldn't be able to tell the scum based on their characters. So if we're massclaiming, it should be full roleclaims, and what actions you performed every night, if any. I don't see a reason to hide details of night actions anyway.

I'm neutral towards a massclaim. But based on the sentiment now, it does seem like it's going to happen, since nobody's particularly against it. If there are no objections, Witt should start the ball rolling.

A reminder of rishaed's prescribed claiming order:
rishaed wrote:Witt
Speisr
An.
Jonty
Gustaf

Gustaf Wasa wrote:

I'm not sure what that means. Isn't busing when you send someone away during the night so he can't be killed? Or is it that you switch roles between two people when a cop looks at one of them?

Confused as well, by what exactly rishaed's asking...
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Little Witt on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:36 am

Ok,

I am Leonard Briggs, VT I have slept ever night with no actions or powers but my vote.

Spiesr your up.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby Little Witt on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:40 am

Gustaf Wasa wrote:

Confused as well, by what exactly rishaed's asking...[/quote]

A busdriver is someone that targets a player and if that player sends in a night action against someone else it gets busdriver and it instead picks a random target to target instead. The original target is not harmed at all and is not told what almost happened to them. I am unaware if the person whose night action was busdriven is told that it was by pm, but it will most likely show up in the night scene and one can tell from there if one was busdriven.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:43 am

Little Witt wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:
Gustaf Wasa wrote:

Confused as well, by what exactly rishaed's asking...

A busdriver is someone that targets a player and if that player sends in a night action against someone else it gets busdriver and it instead picks a random target to target instead. The original target is not harmed at all and is not told what almost happened to them. I am unaware if the person whose night action was busdriven is told that it was by pm, but it will most likely show up in the night scene and one can tell from there if one was busdriven.

Hmmm yes I do know what busdriver means, but I don't see how that fits in to rishaed's question... It sounds more like he meant to say "throw him under the bus"?
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby spiesr on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:54 am

anamainiacks wrote:Hmmm yes I do know what busdriver means, but I don't see how that fits in to rishaed's question... It sounds more like he meant to say "throw him under the bus"?
Indeed, what he meant was something derived from "throw him under the bus." The term "bussing" or "to bus" has somehow grown up to describe those actions. In my opinion it is a pretty terrible term, it's only mildly shorter than what it is abbreviating, isn't very intuitive, and has that confusion factor with the busdriver role. Also, it seems to often be misapplied to every situation where one scum member votes for another.

Anyhow you guys want a claim from me now? That is fine I guess.
Garett Laybourne, Vanilla Townie
Captain spiesr

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:07 am

spiesr wrote:Garett Laybourne, Vanilla Townie

HANG ON A SECOND!

There is NO character in Community called Garett Laybourne. There is only Robert Laybourne, Vice-Dean of Greendale; and Garrett Lambert, nerdy student.

Is this a slip-up by spiesr, or a wrong character name sent by aage in the first role PM??? Could spiesr or aage please give an answer?
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby jonty125 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:36 am

anamainiacks wrote:
spiesr wrote:Garett Laybourne, Vanilla Townie

HANG ON A SECOND!

There is NO character in Community called Garett Laybourne. There is only Robert Laybourne, Vice-Dean of Greendale; and Garrett Lambert, nerdy student.

Is this a slip-up by spiesr, or a wrong character name sent by aage in the first role PM??? Could spiesr or aage please give an answer?

Well, well, well. Let's see how this pans out. Cue spiesr and/or aage, whichever is appropriate.

Oh and just FTR my neutral opinion was never shared until now (regarding massclaims).
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:44 am

anamainiacks wrote:Could aage

nope.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby jonty125 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:53 am

aage wrote:

nope.

Well this puts the heat on spieser.
Cook jonty125

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:00 pm

aage wrote:

nope.

Sorry, but just to clarify, does this mean "Nope, I will not give an answer." or "Nope, I did not make a mistake."?
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby aage on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:02 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
aage wrote:

nope.

Sorry, but just to clarify, does this mean "Nope, I will not give an answer." or "Nope, I did not make a mistake."?

First. How can I answer without changing the game?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby rishaed on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:15 pm

vote speisr botching your claim is bad....
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:34 pm

aage wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:
aage wrote:

nope.

First. How can I answer without changing the game?

Well that's true, but if you did make a mistake, it wouldn't be very fair to spiesr. But I guess we can only wait for spiesr's response to this.

To the remaining players, please let me know when I should continue with the massclaim, but I do think we should get this spiesr thing out of the way first. FOS spiesr. I shall hold off an actual vote till you've made your defense.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby spiesr on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:45 pm

I posted the character as listed in my role pm. I have now asked the mod and his response is that there was an error in my pm and my actual character is Garrett Lambert. That is about all there is to this matter. If you don't believe my claim, that is one thing, but you should have a reason beyond this. Think about it, which is more likely; there was an error in my pm, or I created a fake claim but did such a crappy job with research that I mashed two character names together.
Captain spiesr

Postby jonty125 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:56 pm

spiesr wrote:I posted the character as listed in my role pm. I have now asked the mod and his response is that there was an error in my pm and my actual character is Garrett Lambert. That is about all there is to this matter. If you don't believe my claim, that is one thing, but you should have a reason beyond this. Think about it, which is more likely; there was an error in my pm, or I created a fake claim but did such a crappy job with research that I mashed two character names together.

Or thinking you knew the name of a character from Community, and getting it wrong.

WCS, we lynch a VT unvote, vote spiesr
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:01 pm

jonty125 wrote:Or thinking you knew the name of a character from Community, and getting it wrong.
Do you really think so poorly of me that you think it is plausible that I would be so sloppy when making a fake claim?
Captain spiesr

Postby jonty125 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:07 pm

spiesr wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Or thinking you knew the name of a character from Community, and getting it wrong.
Do you really think so poorly of me that you think it is plausible that I would be so sloppy when making a fake claim?

It was just an added suggestion, don't take it personally.
Cook jonty125

Postby rishaed on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:42 pm

What we started we must finish. . . lets get this over with.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Re: Community [8/13] Day Five

Postby aage on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Little Witt (1) - ana
Spiesr (2) - rishaed, Jonty

7 alive, 4 to lynch. Deadline in 8 days.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby rishaed on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:37 pm

unvote Who is next on the list? Jonty?

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives