Conquer Club

nerox3 & widget - secret diplomacy or multi?[cleared]sn

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

nerox3 & widget - secret diplomacy or multi?[cleared]sn

Postby m1ndgames on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:07 pm

Accused:

nerox3
widget

The accused are suspected of:

Conducting Secret Diplomacy

Game number(s):

Comments:
nerox3 (orange) is running away with the game yet widget (cyan) who borders on him (with what had been, up to now, the most miniscule of borders) has not attempted to hit him at all. Prior to this go, round 20, nerox3 had a border on 1 (one) in Lower Canada and a further 1 (one) in New England. widget had 11 on Greenland.

Instead he seems to have focused on me. In itself, I have no issue with that, but when backed up with little or zero action against the more important players in the game, I find it quite strange.

Having since raised the issue, widget has said nothing at all. nerox3, however, has spoken, denying any pact yet defending widget's actions. Strange action in my eyes. All in all, seems pretty clear to me that something's going on. I may be wrong but don't think so...

ps. Having now looked further into the game, I see that widget has not ever hit nerox3
Last edited by m1ndgames on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant m1ndgames

Re: nerox3 & widget - secret diplomacy[pending]sn

Postby afroaction on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:11 pm

m1ndgames wrote:Accused:

nerox3
widget

The accused are suspected of:

Conducting Secret Diplomacy

Game number(s):

Game 12321991

Comments:
nerox3 (orange) is running away with the game yet widget (cyan) who borders on him (with what had been, up to now, the most miniscule of borders) has not attempted to hit him at all. Prior to this go, round 20, nerox3 had a border on 1 (one) in Lower Canada and a further 1 (one) in New England. widget had 11 on Greenland.

Instead he seems to have focused on me. In itself, I have no issue with that, but when backed up with little or zero action against the more important players in the game, I find it quite strange.

Having since raised the issue, widget has said nothing at all. nerox3, however, has spoken, denying any pact yet defending widget's actions. Strange action in my eyes. All in all, seems pretty clear to me that something's going on. I may be wrong but don't think so...

ps. Having now looked further into the game, I see that widget has not ever hit nerox3
Major afroaction

Postby m1ndgames on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Not sure how long these things take - would have thought something might have been done or at least said by now - but, whilst waiting, just been delving a little deeper...

Seemed a bit odd that nerox3 (orange) had done all the talking, even defending widget (cyan), yet widget had said not a word... until now when they have a little verbal spat together and cyan takes his first assault on orange. Believing what I believe, I am certain both are contrived.

Anyway, my going deeper....

nerox3 turns out to be a 'newbie', having played just 7 games. Seems odd for someone so new to be a) so vocal, and b) so seemingly knowledgeable. Then I noticed he's in Canada ....strangely the same location as widget. I then looked at a selection of widget's other games. In all I picked out, he seems to chat in almost every one. Seems odd therefore, that he's not said a dicky bird in this one ....until now when my accusations have become stronger. Yet, for some reason, he doesn't refer to the accusation at all...? Yet again, to me certainly, an extremely odd reaction (or lack of it) if the accusation is not true.

Bottom line is I'm no longer sure it's a simple case of secret diplomacy but may in fact be a multi. Either way, whatever's going on stinks of something wrong.

Anyone else got an opinion?

Thanks
Sergeant m1ndgames

Postby nicestash on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Must be multis. Any multi hunters care to take a look at this?
Also mindgames, please change the title of your post for the updated report.
Major nicestash

Re: nerox3 & widget - secret diplomacy or multi?[pending]sn

Postby m1ndgames on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi nicestash
Is what I've changed it to ok? Anything else I need to do? Thanks
Sergeant m1ndgames

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:44 pm

Yeah, looks like multis...
If you look at the game they are even sort of playing the board as though they were one player. Too bad stuff like this happens.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby sniffie on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:38 pm

nothing to see here folks, both are cleared.

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Re: nerox3 & widget - secret diplomacy or multi?[cleared]sn

Postby m1ndgames on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:52 am

Not convinced in the slightest. Anything but.

Not blaming anyone but I think you've sometimes got to play in the game to realise what's going on and can't see it from outside. Ah well...
Sergeant m1ndgames

Return to Closed C&A Reports