Conquer Club

Man, don't get irritated, new font - Feb 18, page 3

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Man, don't get irritated, NEW! Jan 21th, page2

Postby Oneyed on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:47 pm

there are at least two guys who support this idea. so could we move it next and discuss graphics and gameplay?

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Man, don't get irritated

Postby Oneyed on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:02 am

Map Name:Man, don't get irritated (working title)
Mapmaker(s):Oneyed
Number of Territories:64
Special Features:conditional borders. gameplay?
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:something another as map about town, state, world...

Oneyed
Last edited by Oneyed on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Re: Man, don't get irritated

Postby Oneyed on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:06 am

I do not know who is resposible to move map from Map Ideas, maybe he (they) have another work or RL things. but it is two weeks from my last post in Map Ideas topic without any reaction... I also asked koontz via PM what will be with this map next. also without any reaction.

so I moved this one from Map Ideas myself. as you can see map has support from one blue guy and one red guy.

isaiah40 wrote:I have to say Oneyed, this current draft is really thinking outside of the box! =D> I really like it! I say if the community wants this, then continue in this vein. Good work!!

Dukasaur wrote:I like the new draft, with the hands and all.

This will probably never be on my favourites list. But then, Poker Club and Chinese Checkers won't be, either. For those who like the game-board maps, this is a good addition.

Bravo!

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Re: Man, don't get irritated, lets move it or discuss...

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:08 am

I see you started a topic into the drafting room for this map. Next time send a pm to koontz (or to me) so the topic is moved and you don't have to duplicate the topic. ;)
Going to merge this one with the other, so your OP in that topic won't be the first one anymore.

[Merged]

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Armandolas on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:38 am

It looks interesting. but please change the font and make it more clear.
If u do that ,maybe i can read it without the danger of loosing my sight :)
Change the font and change the style
The hands and the dice picture are ok.
I will promise that i will give feedback in the game itself after u change the graphics around the board
I seriously cant look at it
Keep up the good work ;)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:37 am

Can I get a legend clean up please. Seriously cannot read a single word easily.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Oneyed on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:30 am

thenobodies80 wrote:Next time send a pm to koontz

as I wrote, I did it ;)
thenobodies80 wrote:[Merged]

thanks, thenobodies :)

Armandolas wrote:It looks interesting. but please change the font and make it more clear.
If u do that ,maybe i can read it without the danger of loosing my sight :)
Change the font and change the style

koontz1973 wrote:Can I get a legend clean up please. Seriously cannot read a single word easily.

my idea about font (legend) was that it is intagliated to table... but it looks that I am outside with this.
Armandolas wrote:The hands and the dice picture are ok.
I will promise that i will give feedback in the game itself after u change the graphics around the board
I seriously cant look at it
Keep up the good work ;)

thanks and looking forward to next feedbacks :)

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby Oneyed on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:31 am

new font of legend

Oneyed
Last edited by Oneyed on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Re: Man, don't get irritated, new font - Feb 18, page 3

Postby P4Ssoa on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:21 am

I really like the idea! :-)
I read the topic, but some things are not yet clear to me.

"Any of 3 in the row one way attacks any field of nests".
Does this mean you need to have three in a row before you can attack nests? (stupid question, but i've never seen a map before with this option.)
Also do these 3 in the row need to be in the same region as the nests? (example, do you need 3 in a row in region A5 to A11 in order to attack NA1 to NA4?) or can you always attack all the nests when you have 3 in a row?

I don't know if I missed this, but... the normal regions (not nests) are one way attack right? A5 can attack A6 and A7, and A6 can attack A7 and A8...

Cool map, awesome graphics!
Captain P4Ssoa

Postby Falkomagno on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:42 am

Nice art! keep doing the good work!.
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby Oneyed on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:33 am

P4Ssoa wrote:I read the topic, but some things are not yet clear to me.

"Any of 3 in the row one way attacks any field of nests".
Does this mean you need to have three in a row before you can attack nests? (stupid question, but i've never seen a map before with this option.)

yes you need to hold 3 normal regions and only then you can attack regions in Nests.
I would like to do this map very extra :) , and no question which could helps is stupid ;)
P4Ssoa wrote:or can you always attack all the nests when you have 3 in a row?

this is right.
P4Ssoa wrote:I don't know if I missed this, but... the normal regions (not nests) are one way attack right? A5 can attack A6 and A7, and A6 can attack A7 and A8...

no. the original idea was to have one way attack here, but to do map more open I made them two way attacks. only from Starts you can one way attacks and it is not possible to attack from Home to normal region.
P4Ssoa wrote:I really like the idea! :-)

thank you.
and thank you for your input and questions. if something looks not clear in legend (also after my answers), please ask again :)

Falkomagno wrote:Nice art! keep doing the good work!.

thank you :)

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:46 pm

[Moved]

No update has been produced for a month now. Moved into ideas as no stamp has been given yet. Produce an update and it will be moved back.

koontz.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby P4Ssoa on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:08 am

Ok, thanks for answering all my questions.
Attacking both ways will indeed open up the board more. Not to be a pain in the ass, but maybe you should get rid of the arrows then? This will cause confusion to players who play the map for the first time.

One more question: If you hold an entire nest and you want to enter a house, from where can you enter?
Let's say you have the red nest and you want to enter the red house. Can you attack from Start A and D10 or only from D11?

Good luck!
Captain P4Ssoa

Postby Oneyed on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:21 am

koontz1973 wrote:[Moved]

No update has been produced for a month now. Moved into ideas as no stamp has been given yet. Produce an update and it will be moved back.

koontz.

? I changed font in legend because you asked for this, so what more update you waiting for? even if you did not post any gameplay/graphics notices...

P4Ssoa wrote:Not to be a pain in the ass, but maybe you should get rid of the arrows then? This will cause confusion to players who play the map for the first time.

the arrows are needed where they are because from Starts is possible only one way attack.
P4Ssoa wrote:One more question: If you hold an entire nest and you want to enter a house, from where can you enter?
Let's say you have the red nest and you want to enter the red house. Can you attack from Start A and D10 or only from D11?

only from D11 is possible to enter red house. I could maybe delete arrows from all 11 to Starts...

thanks for your input :)

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:25 am

Oneyed, sent to you in PM why I moved it, but here is a few other things to consider.

39 posts.
21 have been made by you.
6 by me. (My 6 are not for support but because of clarity issues)
12 by 10 others.

From my point of view, this map has no support from anyone. I would rather see you try to get your other maps done than to see you try and force this through.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Oneyed on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:18 am

koontz1973 wrote:Oneyed, sent to you in PM why I moved it, but here is a few other things to consider.

your PM says that there was not update. this is lie. and here is probatio:

by koontz1973 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:37 pm
koontz1973 wrote:Can I get a legend clean up please. Seriously cannot read a single word easily.

here is update from me (I did exactly for what you asked - changed font of legend):

Oneyed[/quote]

then there was no one post from you about UPDATED version. you just only moved this map away (because only you do not like it)...

koontz1973 wrote:From my point of view, this map has no support from anyone. I would rather see you try to get your other maps done than to see you try and force this through.

yes? so these guys aro nobody?:

isaiah40 wrote:I have to say Oneyed, this current draft is really thinking outside of the box! =D> I really like it! I say if the community wants this, then continue in this vein. Good work!!

Dukasaur wrote:I like the new draft, with the hands and all.

This will probably never be on my favourites list. But then, Poker Club and Chinese Checkers won't be, either. For those who like the game-board maps, this is a good addition.

Bravo!

Armandolas wrote:It looks interesting. but please change the font and make it more clear.

Keep up the good work ;)

P4Ssoa wrote:I really like the idea! :-)

Falkomagno wrote:Nice art! keep doing the good work!.

koontz, time ago you made me mad, because your ignorantia and nescience. you made me mad now again for the same reason - your ignorantia. I will not more ban my maps or leave foundry because you think that you are the best map maker and half god.

there are some realy cool guys in the foundry who helped me a lot and I will not annul their support and help with my maps.

there is also strong call for make new maps different, special. this map is from gameplay and graphics far different and special and because your mind is closed to new things it must be dead?

Oneyed
Last edited by Oneyed on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:01 am

6 out of 39 is not support. Think what you like, this map is bad IMO and I do not support it. But I will do my job as far as the foundry goes. That includes me moving maps if they do not get updated within the month. Out of those 6 you say support this map, how many came back? Where is the support from these guys you talk about? And where is your community support. 6 people in 3 months do not say support or that this map should get made. If that happened, then we would end up with so much rubbish. As for me making you mad, sorry you feel that way, but I judge all people the same, by their actions and words. You think I am being harsh, fine, but I am doing what I feel is necessary. Your last update was on the 18th Feb, moved 18th March. 1 month went by with no update.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Oneyed on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:07 am

koontz1973 wrote:But I will do my job as far as the foundry goes. That includes me moving maps if they do not get updated within the month. Out of those 6 you say support this map, how many came back?Your last update was on the 18th Feb, moved 18th March. 1 month went by with no update.

the point is that you did not your job. there was update (February 18) when you asked for it (February 18). and I did not any more update because your ignorantia of current update. do you understand this?

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:09 am

Oneyed wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:But I will do my job as far as the foundry goes. That includes me moving maps if they do not get updated within the month. Out of those 6 you say support this map, how many came back?Your last update was on the 18th Feb, moved 18th March. 1 month went by with no update.

the point is that you did not your job. there was update (February 18) when you asked for it (February 18). and I did not any more update because your ignorantia of current update. do you understand this?

Oneyed

You updated the map on the 18th, correct?
I moved it one month later, also correct?
I saw the update, I just did not wish to comment. I follow maps I like, but I do my job on all.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:39 am

This map will add almost nothing to the site whatsoever.

Half the area of the map isn't even playable either.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby Oneyed on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:36 pm

koontz1973 wrote:You updated the map on the 18th, correct?
I saw the update, I just did not wish to comment.

then why you asked for updated version with changed font in legend? just to bugger?
koontz1973 wrote:I follow maps I like, but I do my job on all.

you are blue guy, so your job is follow all maps. when you would be "only" normal member of foundry you can follow only what you like.

nolefan5311 wrote:This map will add almost nothing to the site whatsoever.

you are wrong in both notices.
and you did not read legend when you said that half of map is not playable...

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Ok, it's time to take a break for you both. =;

Please gimme the time to review the whole thread, understand the current situation and post my thoughts.
Don't force me to post here again (before I'm able to give a objective opinion on the matter) just to stop the current debacle or I will lock the thread.

Thanks in advance for your collaboration :)
Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Oneyed wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:You updated the map on the 18th, correct?
I saw the update, I just did not wish to comment.

then why you asked for updated version with changed font in legend? just to bugger?
koontz1973 wrote:I follow maps I like, but I do my job on all.

you are blue guy, so your job is follow all maps. when you would be "only" normal member of foundry you can follow only what you like.

nolefan5311 wrote:This map will add almost nothing to the site whatsoever.

you are wrong in both notices.
and you did not read legend when you said that half of map is not playable...

Oneyed

It can't be wrong to state an opinion, and my opinion is this map will rarely ever get played.

And I just wonder...how you talk to koontz in this thread...is that how you talk to people in real life?
Captain nolefan5311

Postby Oneyed on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:29 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:It can't be wrong to state an opinion, and my opinion is this map will rarely ever get played.

no it is not. but before you post your opinion read map correctly. it is not true that half of regions will be nonplayable...
nolefan5311 wrote:And I just wonder...how you talk to koontz in this thread...is that how you talk to people in real life?

it was koontz who asked for update. I did it and he ignored it. so if he knew that he not support this map why he asked for update? only for bugger?

you know nothing about my real life, so whist :-$

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Oneyed wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:It can't be wrong to state an opinion, and my opinion is this map will rarely ever get played.

no it is not. but before you post your opinion read map correctly. it is not true that half of regions will be nonplayable...

I didn't say half the regions would not be playable. I said half the map is non playable space, i.e., there is a lot of wasted space on the map.

Oneyed wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:And I just wonder...how you talk to koontz in this thread...is that how you talk to people in real life?

it was koontz who asked for update. I did it and he ignored it. so if he knew that he not support this map why he asked for update? only for bugger?

you know nothing about my real life, so whist :-$

Oneyed

I didn't claim to know anything about your personal life. The point I was making is that, perhaps if you were a little more respectful in how you talked to people, and less confrontational all the time, things would be a bit smoother for you here in the Foundry. I honestly don't expect you to understand, or really care, but seeing someone call someone else ignorant when they clearly have no idea what they're talking about bothered me.
Captain nolefan5311

PreviousNext

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas