Conquer Club

ke_rassa [cleared] BG

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

ke_rassa [cleared] BG

Postby patrick1744 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:35 pm

Accused:

ke_rassa

The accused are suspected of:

slander, in this case libel or written defamation in the form of an incorrect rating system.

Game number(s):

Game 12261747
Game 12107871

Comments:
slander n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit. Damages (payoff for worth) for slander may be limited to actual (special) damages unless there is malicious intent, since such damages are usually difficult to specify and harder to prove. Some statements such as an untrue accusation of having committed a crime, having a loathsome disease, or being unable to perform one's occupation are treated as slander per se since the harm and malice are obvious, and therefore usually result in general and even punitive damage recovery by the person harmed. Words spoken over the air on television or radio are treated as libel (written defamation) and not slander on the theory that broadcasting reaches a large audience as much if not more than printed publications.

The untruth in this case would be my unfair game play, poor attitude, and lack of fairness in general. There is no evidence to support a 3 star rating.

My case would be this, based on a 3 star rating, nobody would like to join a game i am in. I did not say anything at all to this player, how am i to get a 5 star rating? Must I suck up to this player? I would also like to add that all peoples within this players country are presumed innocent until proven guilty. I am not guilty of un-fair play, I am not guilty of poor attitude. I am certainly not guilty of poor gameplay. Frankly, this rating system is unlawful given the above outlines. One starts at 5 stars and loses them only where neccessary. By my account, I should remain with 5 stars. No stars would also be acceptable, I want this persons rating removed from my board of ratings.

This is what he has to say...

"my ratings make complete sense. i recently started trying to rate everyone i play a game with. 3 stars without tags is the baseline i start out with and will go up or down in my ratings accordingly in any future games we play. if you don't like my ratings feel free to fill out a abuse report as i have no intention of taking them down or deleting them. "

"
hahaha good luck with that "
Colonel patrick1744

Re: ke_rassa

Postby JCR on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:49 pm

patrick1744 wrote:Accused:

ke_rassa

The accused are suspected of:

slander, in this case libel or written defamation in the form of an incorrect rating system.

Game number(s):

Game 12261747
Game 12107871

Comments:
slander n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit. Damages (payoff for worth) for slander may be limited to actual (special) damages unless there is malicious intent, since such damages are usually difficult to specify and harder to prove. Some statements such as an untrue accusation of having committed a crime, having a loathsome disease, or being unable to perform one's occupation are treated as slander per se since the harm and malice are obvious, and therefore usually result in general and even punitive damage recovery by the person harmed. Words spoken over the air on television or radio are treated as libel (written defamation) and not slander on the theory that broadcasting reaches a large audience as much if not more than printed publications.

The untruth in this case would be my unfair game play, poor attitude, and lack of fairness in general. There is no evidence to support a 3 star rating.

My case would be this, based on a 3 star rating, nobody would like to join a game i am in. I did not say anything at all to this player, how am i to get a 5 star rating? Must I suck up to this player? I would also like to add that all peoples within this players country are presumed innocent until proven guilty. I am not guilty of un-fair play, I am not guilty of poor attitude. I am certainly not guilty of poor gameplay. Frankly, this rating system is unlawful given the above outlines. One starts at 5 stars and loses them only where neccessary. By my account, I should remain with 5 stars. No stars would also be acceptable, I want this persons rating removed from my board of ratings.

This is what he has to say...

"my ratings make complete sense. i recently started trying to rate everyone i play a game with. 3 stars without tags is the baseline i start out with and will go up or down in my ratings accordingly in any future games we play. if you don't like my ratings feel free to fill out a abuse report as i have no intention of taking them down or deleting them. "

"
hahaha good luck with that "

He is actually using the rating system as it was intended. very few do, so it appears to be low ratings. I doubt they will do anything about this. A+ for bringing out the legal terms though.
Major JCR

Re: ke_rassa [cleared] BG

Postby BGtheBrain on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:52 pm

http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... tructions5

The number of stars given should be based on this scale: 1 = Bad, 2 = Below Average, 3 = Average, 4 = Above Average, 5 = Excellent.

ke_rassa is cleared
Captain BGtheBrain

Return to Closed C&A Reports