Conquer Club

Assassin games with alternate victory conditions

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Assassin games with alternate victory conditions

Postby SaucyJack on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:35 pm

[Q&A]Let's say I'm playing an assassin game on a map that has an alternate victory condition (like the Europe 1914 map that nets you the win if you hold certain capitals). If I win using the alternate victory method rather than by eliminating my opponent, how is that handled? The reason I ask is because if my target is the 6th player in the list, but the alternate win "defeats" players going from the top down, then I might be inadvertently handing the win to the player who was targeting the first player. How are these events handled by the game?
[/Q&A]
Lieutenant SaucyJack

Re: Assassin games with alternate victory conditions

Postby Koganosi on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:36 pm

You win. Plain and simple. The players never get eliminated if you get the map objective.

It just says: Player ..... held the map objective.
Player.... wins!

So if you hold it you win, no difference in normal assassin, terminator there!

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby SaucyJack on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Thanks, friend!
Lieutenant SaucyJack

Postby timogl on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:04 pm

if it was that player's last territory you will lose. say you had all the capitals but one, green for instance is not your target but someone else's. green has the last capital you need and its the only territory he has. you take that capital and green is gone. his assasin wins the game. you must hold the capitals at the START of your next turn. not at the end. that next turn will never come, because the game is over. when one player is eliminated, an assasin game is over right then.

if no player has been eliminated, and you hold the capitals (or whatever victory conditions on one of the several maps that have objectives) then you would win the game when your next turn started, and the assasin thing would be meaningless. this would also be the case should the assasin game be played with a round limit and the limit came and you had the most troops.
Lieutenant timogl

Return to Conquer Club Discussion