Conquer Club

[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:05 pm

betiko wrote:I kind of disagree here, although for the 2 things I will comment I agree that the arguments on both ends stand.

first, I think that chuck's plays weren't bad at all, it just didn't pay off for odd reasons. He took a massive brownie point gamble, so unlikely for a mafia to do that if it worked there would've been no way of suspecting him after me/mets would've been killed/lynched. You guys were 4 scums and after a massclaim his ability became useless, I think it was worth the shot. It didn't prevent you guys from winning...

second about nendreel. Day 2 was the only momentum where we could've only been a town cop given the gift thing. I agree that in any other given game it wouldn't ve been the best play, but you have to understand that from our point of view stolen gifts could be used by mafia...
The cop was therefore 99% a town telling the truth s there was almost no way a mafia could know about a third party.

But yes IB, the bad reads I have on you were meant to be a compliment! ;) (althoguh it's the first time you're mafia in one of our games, and other times when you were town I've seen you as a very plausible threat, I had to give you some slack for once and I guess you were well aware of it)

But yes, as the ones that have played me know, I tend to play "bad cop" as I get frustrated by too conservative plays. I tend to be provocative in mafia games to get something going on, otherwise I think things get a bit boring.. I know it's not the safest way to play and that it can bring lots of backfire, but that makes the game more interesting...

I disagree. At the time you were about to be lynched we had 13 people. If we lynched you and got a night kill that would bring it down to 11, three of whom were survivors with a specific win condition and four mafia. We knew who was who. All we would need be to do is lynch a Town and game over.

The three remaining third parties would lose without one of them winning.

Sure we could play what if, and yes it worked out for us in the end, but in that particular point in time not lynching you was a mistake. We were able to salvage it because Witt saved you and flipped Mafia but to not lynch you was silly. Sure its my opinion and we still won....but I honestly believe this game was closer then it should have been,

Perhaps the most interesting thing was what PCM said to me in PM after I was dead. Town lost because they did a speed lynch on you Betiko. After that we needed a night kill and game over.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:48 pm

wasn't town that speed lynched me. was gustaf+third party+2 mafia.

I'd like to know all the gifting actions from witt and why he chose who. that role was key. On the town side we had witt and nos barely active, keener who was playing his first game... and me playing my first game vs mets and having a crap read on his gamestyle we just had no chance.

but yes, I think looking this way you are correct. you guys should ve lynched me that day. but hey, the game became more interesting because of that! ;)
Major betiko

Postby pancakemix on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:11 am

@IB: Imbalance toward mafia was something I feared as well, and I hoped the gift mechanic would give town some extra juice, because it existed in lieu of actual power roles. The mafia was clearly convincing enough to draw more gifts than I had anticipated, and with NoS, the second most powerful gifter, being inactive. Ultimately it came down to what I wanted flavorwise and what I wanted mechanically. Mechanically, I could cross my fingers but I was locked in on flavor. Slightly larger would have been good, I think. Even just 18 vs. 16.

Also, I LOVED what happened with that runoff. It brought the game to life. Absolutely one of my favorite modding moments was watching that play out.

I'm taking another hiatus from modding, I think. I felt rushed into this one, got burned by my co-mod (again), and have too much to deal with in RL this semester to mod Mafia games. A nice six weeks away will do me some good, and I'm not going away. I'll be about in Forum Games mostly, I think, but a new game, player or mod, isn't in the cards atm (sorry chuck :P )
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:08 am

LOL I guess I am biased. I hate losing, so when that runoff happened I was gritting my teeth. I couldn't believe people wanted to no lynch again. Knocking out two potential Town votes helped though at a point I really though folks were going to buy MoBs case on me...Har he was pretty spot on even though he was WIFOM arguing.

I really thought i had overplayed my hand when Mob was arguing with me... :D I guess I had more Town cred.

But yes from an observers point of view I'm sure it was exciting.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby betiko on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:54 am

sorry but what do you mean by runoff? I don't understand what it refers to!

so pcm, what was NOS's role? what was a toymaker?
But yeah one thing that changed the deal is that out of so little amount of town players we had so many inactive/barely actives. It was really hard to influence town to go one way or another. I think you should've made it at least an 19 player game, 12 town vs 4 mafia ratio seems like a minimum to me even if I have no idea of modding.
Major betiko

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:23 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:LOL I guess I am biased. I hate losing, so when that runoff happened I was gritting my teeth. I couldn't believe people wanted to no lynch again. Knocking out two potential Town votes helped though at a point I really though folks were going to buy MoBs case on me...Har he was pretty spot on even though he was WIFOM arguing.

I really thought i had overplayed my hand when Mob was arguing with me... :D I guess I had more Town cred.

But yes from an observers point of view I'm sure it was exciting.

:lol: :lol: Yeah that was fun. I thought I had you pretty red handed trying to frame me and such, but no one else wanted to jump on you. I was happy that at least Gustaf saw something in our arguments to decide to eventually investigate you.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby rishaed on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:14 am

Yeah that was the deal :) Betiko v. Mets eventually became Betiko v. Everyone (which logically doesn't help him as much as it did us.) I really though IB was cooked after his few slips at the end of the run-off voting. If anything if you would have had the gifts you probably would have vigged him (I would have). Anyways currently 2-0 on Official games :D
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:28 am

betiko wrote:sorry but what do you mean by runoff? I don't understand what it refers to!

so pcm, what was NOS's role? what was a toymaker?

Yea, what was NoS's role? This wasn't really answered during the game... And I think they're talking about D3, when the tie between you and superkeener resulted in the 24-hour runoff vote.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby pancakemix on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:01 pm

Toymaker was a gift giver that could give two gifts per night instead of just 1.

I'll have roles and actions up at some point, but probably not this weekend.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby rishaed on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:10 pm

pancakemix wrote:@IB: Imbalance toward mafia was something I feared as well, and I hoped the gift mechanic would give town some extra juice, because it existed in lieu of actual power roles. The mafia was clearly convincing enough to draw more gifts than I had anticipated, and with NoS, the second most powerful gifter, being inactive. Ultimately it came down to what I wanted flavorwise and what I wanted mechanically. Mechanically, I could cross my fingers but I was locked in on flavor. Slightly larger would have been good, I think. Even just 18 vs. 16.

Also, I LOVED what happened with that runoff. It brought the game to life. Absolutely one of my favorite modding moments was watching that play out.

I'm taking another hiatus from modding, I think. I felt rushed into this one, got burned by my co-mod (again), and have too much to deal with in RL this semester to mod Mafia games. A nice six weeks away will do me some good, and I'm not going away. I'll be about in Forum Games mostly, I think, but a new game, player or mod, isn't in the cards atm (sorry chuck :P )

Sorry that you keep getting burned >.> I think I'll mod for awhile, but after Jak's mafia I'll probably won't play. I have a few themes I would like to make.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby pancakemix on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:28 pm

So we need to pick an MVP here guys, being that this is an official game. Who do you think deserves a premium prize for their performance?
Epic Win

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:36 pm

pancakemix wrote:So we need to pick an MVP here guys, being that this is an official game. Who do you think deserves a premium prize for their performance?

Thats actually quite difficult for me 2 say...MoB maybe? He did pick up on IB however, threw us the win at the end.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:53 am

I would say that Mafia should gain MVP. Mob was angry because I would not give him his win condition ;) , which I believe is what initially set him off on me. Mob did liven the game up and he was certainly a wild card but the fact that mafia won with an extra pro town out weighs that. he also won because of us :lol:

I would choose animaniac.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jonty125 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:33 am

Definitely me. Helped town from start to finish *roll eyes*
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 pm

rishaed wrote:
pancakemix wrote:So we need to pick an MVP here guys, being that this is an official game. Who do you think deserves a premium prize for their performance?

Thats actually quite difficult for me 2 say...MoB maybe? He did pick up on IB however, threw us the win at the end.

The only reason I wouldn;t vote MoB is that once the misers were out of the game he was all but guaranteed a win. Neither side could afford to lynch/kill him so he could just coast to the end. That said he did play a heck of a game and didn't actually coast but i think he had an easy road from that point on.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Oh absolutely betiko. Most important player in the game.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Oh absolutely betiko. Most important player in the game.

while he may have been the most valuable to getting mafia a win i think it should be somebody from the winning faction. either rish or animaniacks

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:03 pm

thechuck51 wrote:

while he may have been the most valuable to getting mafia a win i think it should be somebody from the winning faction. either rish or animaniacks

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. Of the two, I think rish is more deserving, because he managed to stay under town's radar while doing a lot less submarining than ani did at some points (not that ani didn't play well -- we in the town just needed to be more on top of forcing people to participate).
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:10 pm

I personally already said it but will say it again. I vote ani. my first game vs him and I loved his gamestyle. Rish did a massive slip on his first post; I also kind of caught him with his suspicious fakeclaim. He did some nice moves with the fake tracking on ani though. The winner must obviously be one of the mafia, mob with his WC had almost a secured win, and out of the mafia one of the last survivors.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
thechuck51 wrote:

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. Of the two, I think rish is more deserving, because he managed to stay under town's radar while doing a lot less submarining than ani did at some points (not that ani didn't play well -- we in the town just needed to be more on top of forcing people to participate).

oh and I thought this was ironic! :lol: thanks mets, but I think I actually played one of my worse games, mostly because of what I did with you! :roll:
Major betiko

Postby thechuck51 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:53 pm

vote rishaed

Postby rishaed on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm

I will abstain from voting in general. I think Anamainiacks played a really good game, and is equally deserving of the MVP medal. That being said I will leave the choice up to the rest of you.

Postby blakebowling on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:10 am

I know I'm a bit late, but I have a bit of a surprise. Instead of choosing one MVP, all players on the winning faction will get a prize (their choice of 2 months premium OR a conquer cup entry). All players on the winning team will of course recieve a medal as well. Please send me a PM with your choice of prize (if you were a winner) and I'll get it distributed ASAP.
Private blakebowling

Postby pancakemix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:26 am

show
Epic Win

Postby rishaed on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:50 am

SO my bulletproof did come in handy :lol: Getting that attn. from ani at the end really helped >:)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives