Conquer Club

#GCCM The make a map time is upon us.

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

#GCCM The make a map time is upon us.

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:25 am

Please go to End Game thread for details of the competition.

Welcome to the great community map project. Here we aim to make the next best thing to sliced bread. A map made by the whole conquer club community, for the whole conquer club community. So the more you and your friends take part, the better it will be.

Here is how it will work.
Over the next few weeks, we will run a series of polls. All you have to do is vote for your favoured choice or choices. See, it is that easy. The first poll is already up and running. Each poll will run for about a week. At the end, a competition will be held to see who can make the best map from the set of criteria we have all set. Be warned though, each choice you make will effect the next polls options.

show: the story so far

Lets have some fun.
To make this fun for all, we are going to be giving a few medals away each week and months. So you do not just come vote and run, each week, a player at the end of the month will receive a GC medal and 500 conquer credits. This medal will be called The Patrons Medal. To win this, all you need to do is say why you voted the way you did over the course of the month and generally participate within the thread. (2 months = 2 medals & credits)

You can read more about the Patrons Medal below in the information spoiler.

Some of you would of played the competitions I have been running in the dispatch over the last few months. Well, they have now been brought here. Each week, a simple fun competition or competitions will be run. Just look out for the post that has the competitions banner in it.

A series of fast and furious tournaments will be run. You can enter these in the tournament thread. But a GA medal will also be awarded to a player in these tournaments. You need to play in the tournament and be part of this thread to have a chance of winning though.

show: Information

show: showing your support

show: FAQ
Lieutenant koontz1973

Re: Something's Coming. Only one more day. Exciting stuff th

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:33 am

Welcome to the last weekly competition held in the foundry in conjunction with The Great Community Map Project. We have a good one this week.

.................................................Last One

Competitions are all over now. But more will be coming to the foundry soon.

show: Competition 1 Closed winner swifte

show: Competition 2 Winner Armandolas

show: competition 3 multiple winners

show: competition 4 5 winners

show: week 5 competition multiple winners

show: Week seven multiple winners

show: the last one multiple winners
Lieutenant koontz1973

Re: The Great Community Map Project.

Postby Swifte on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:07 am

So many maps based on real places/events already... come on Fantasy! (vote submitted)
Colonel Swifte

Postby KingRat on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:11 am

KingRat asked me to post here and I voted for 'Real Place'
Most of the maps I enjoy are based on real places I find the fantasy maps put to much emphasis on the fantasy aspect ;)
Highest Score: 3266

Cook KingRat

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 am

First tournament is posted. Follow the banner link. ;)

Filled and started.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:16 am

i voted a fantasy map because i think that most real places have been "mapped". why not just a map with lots of people from the CC forums community? there is one made with the clans, could be one with the forums.
I don't know, some territories could have the name of certain players, and depending on the players, some could be able to bombard, some players could be autodeploys, some people that always share the same point of view could gve bonuses, some that are "enemies" could give negative bonuses if you hold both...
and those maps could be updated once in a while. it could be like a running joke to see that X or Y player has been attributed this or that spot on the CC forum map this month. would be a very interactive map based on the community, with a layout that would remain the same but with names changing once a month.
Major betiko

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:20 am

@Swifte, glad to see a friendly face for the first post. Keep on coming. :P :oops: :lol:
@betiko, the gameplay elements you talk about, autodeploys and bombardments, will be decided in the future. :D
@KingRat, go and leave your feedback in the correct place. :roll:
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:23 am

koontz1973 wrote:@Swifte, glad to see a friendly face for the first post. Keep on coming. :P :oops: :lol:
@betiko, the gameplay elements you talk about, autodeploys and bombardments, will be decided in the future. :D

well i already came up with my whole concept! ;) so you can guess in advance what i will vote for for all your future questions!! :D
Major betiko

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:26 am

betiko wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:@Swifte, glad to see a friendly face for the first post. Keep on coming. :P :oops: :lol:

well i already came up with my whole concept! ;) so you can guess in advance what i will vote for for all your future questions!! :D

But can you persuade the others to go along with you? Not everyone likes bombards or auto deploys, so why should they be included? As for players names, I can see that, mine is already on one map. But how many RL places have thenobodies80 as a place name. :lol:

#Just For Fun.
What map has my name (koontz) on it?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Gilligan on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:38 am

koontz1973 wrote:
betiko wrote:

But can you persuade the others to go along with you? Not everyone likes bombards or auto deploys, so why should they be included? As for players names, I can see that, mine is already on one map. But how many RL places have thenobodies80 as a place name. :lol:

#Just For Fun.
What map has my name (koontz) on it?

Rorke's Drift :ugeek:

I guess it would depend, for me, what the place *would* be if it were a real place. I'd life to see a new Asia map (you know...not Far East). I'll have to think on my vote some more.
Captain Gilligan

Postby ben1212 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:49 am

ben1212 told me to vote. I voted for real places mostly because I dont like fake stuff and I usually incorporte fantasy with dungeons and magical things, which i dont like.
Captain ben1212

Postby P4Ssoa on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:55 am

I voted for fantasy. We already have so many existing places.
With the a fictional map, you can be so much more creative! I think creativity is the way to go here! :-)
Captain P4Ssoa

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 am

I voted for the fantasy because we have plenty of real places. I want to see some new ideas!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gilligan on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:09 am

ben1212 wrote:ben1212 told me to vote. I voted for real places mostly because I dont like fake stuff and I usually incorporte fantasy with dungeons and magical things, which i dont like.

Guys...These kinds of posts will obviously get us nowhere. OBVIOUSLY, koontz will check to the username of the poster and if it's the same as the guy that referred him, he won't be getting any points for the GA medal. :roll: :roll:

You should be posting here for the good of the foundry, not for the *chance* of a GA medal. :|
Captain Gilligan

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:15 am

Gilligan wrote:
ben1212 wrote:ben1212 told me to vote. I voted for real places mostly because I dont like fake stuff and I usually incorporte fantasy with dungeons and magical things, which i dont like.

Guys...These kinds of posts will obviously get us nowhere. OBVIOUSLY, koontz will check to the username of the poster and if it's the same as the guy that referred him, he won't be getting any points for the GA medal. :roll: :roll:

You should be posting here for the good of the foundry, not for the *chance* of a GA medal. :|

So true, the benefit of the foundry is what we are here for.

Gilligan, the rules state you can vote for yourself for an easy 5 points. It is the others you persuade to come is what counts. The ones that would not normally come here. Just a shame noone read the rules though. You need to post feedback in any thread here.

These things always hit teething problems the first few days. ;)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby marpesia on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:18 am

Swifte wrote:So many maps based on real places/events already... come on Fantasy! (vote submitted)

Definitely voted for "fantasy"..... Thanks Swifte for directing me here!!!!
=D> I think the fantasy maps would be so cool...........and Kudo's to Swifte for promoting this project............
Marp O:)
It doesn't do to be sentimental about cats; the best ones don't respect you for it.

One is never sure, watching two cats washing each other, whether it's affection, the taste, or a trial run for the jugular.
Corporal marpesia

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:18 am

I like real places, and I like fantasy places too. This decision is tougher than I thought it would be. I might need a few days to decide.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Gilligan on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:18 am

Well, that's embarrassing. I must have missed that spoiler. I can assure you I read the whole thing. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Captain Gilligan

Postby dakky21 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:26 am

Swifte asked me to post in here. Voted for Fantasy.
Captain dakky21

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:28 am

Gilligan wrote:Well, that's embarrassing. I must have missed that spoiler. I can assure you I read the whole thing. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Not to worry, we all miss things now and again. Been working on this for over a month now and know every single comma, colon and syntax. ;) But I see you did not miss the advert spoiler for the medal though. :lol:
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Gilligan on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:31 am

koontz1973 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:Well, that's embarrassing. I must have missed that spoiler. I can assure you I read the whole thing. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Not to worry, we all miss things now and again. Been working on this for over a month now and know every single comma, colon and syntax. ;) But I see you did not miss the advert spoiler for the medal though. :lol:

I would have changed my clothes here even without a random medal being thrown at my head. ;) Could be dangerous.
Captain Gilligan

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:32 am

Who wants to see a video of Gilligan changing his clothes?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Gilligan on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:35 am

I don't quite have a video, but there's me building my bathtub, which would inevitably mean I change my clothes at some point:

Captain Gilligan

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:47 am

And you in it. :P

:lol:
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:14 pm

I'd choose Kittens if I could in this poll I think. Whether it is "real" or "madeup" doesn't dramatically affect my interest in a map. As long as it is visually appealing, and appeals to my love standard or straightforward gameplay mostly, I like I like I like.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Next

Return to Foundry Discussions