Conquer Club

Individual Game Dice Stats

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Individual Game Dice Stats

Postby chapcrap on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:29 am

agentcom wrote:MERGED. Thanks for noticing.

Are you just messing with me?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby sirgermaine on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Oh hey, it's this thread again. I still think it's a good idea.
Major sirgermaine

Postby agentcom on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:52 am

chapcrap wrote:

Huh? I was being sincere and saying thanks for noticing the duplicate topics if that's what you're asking about.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:12 pm

agentcom wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Huh? I was being sincere and saying thanks for noticing the duplicate topics if that's what you're asking about.

I mean that you said MERGED, but didn't really merge them...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:43 pm

chapcrap wrote:
agentcom wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

I mean that you said MERGED, but didn't really merge them...

Experiment: (1) Scroll up and click on the link of the duplicate topic that you posted; (2) Go to the last post in that thread.

Oh hey there! Welcome back.

Brigadier agentcom

Postby pamoa on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 am

this upgrade is a must
25 battle aren't enough to cover a all game
knowing your overall against a player is a nice info
but it is more important to have info about the ongoing of a game
but in order to be complete it should also give stats against neutrals
when you play an expansion map were for the first 5 rounds you only attack neutrals
dice against your opponents only aren't very accurate about the real history of the game
De gueules Ć  la tour d'argent ouverte, crĆ©nelĆ©e de trois piĆØces, sommĆ©e d'un donjon ajourĆ©, crĆ©nelĆ© de deux piĆØces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:10 am

pamoa wrote:this upgrade is a must
when you play an expansion map were for the first 5 rounds you only attack neutrals
dice against your opponents only aren't very accurate about the real history of the game

you mean, like what happens when you select [Neutrals] in the dice stats?
done and done!
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby pamoa on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:57 am

SirSebstar wrote:
pamoa wrote:this upgrade is a must
you mean, like what happens when you select [Neutrals] in the dice stats?
done and done!
yes neutrals and all players would the must
what do you mean by done?
De gueules Ć  la tour d'argent ouverte, crĆ©nelĆ©e de trois piĆØces, sommĆ©e d'un donjon ajourĆ©, crĆ©nelĆ© de deux piĆØces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby sirgermaine on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:39 am

Sebstar, I do not think you understand the suggestion. Let's say you are in a tournament with Player ABCDE. You play 10 games at a time together, and you happen to win one game, but you are curious whether you won because of skill or luck. This suggestion, if implemented, would let you select a particular game, and view either the cumulative dice stats for you versus all others in that game, or select individual players of that game (or neutral), still focusing on only that game, so you wouldn't get statistical noise from the other 9 games you are playing together through the tournament.
Major sirgermaine

Postby Kaskavel on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Ī™ had mentioned something similar some time ago. A sidebar inside the game showing battle outcomes in a percentage style. For example, during a 1 vs 1 game, the bar would show that player 1 has 53% luck vs 47% of his opponent. This should reduce (I would say eliminate, but some people will never learn) the number of dice complainers who think they lose game after game because of dice as well as offering players a serious idea about when their opponents have a superior strategy as mc already mentioned.
I do not personaly find any interest in similar ideas in multplayer games, one can win such a a game simply because the other players attacked each other more, but I would have no problem with it.
Colonel Kaskavel

Postby sirgermaine on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:09 pm

I would just assume that coding-wise, in for a penny, in for a pound, since the degree to which it would be more work for more than 2 players is minimal, compared with the main challenge of setting it up at all.
Major sirgermaine

A tool to demonstrate player's rolls from R1 to end.

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:35 am

A tool, script to show each player's rolls from R1 to the end of the game

Concise description:
  • Assume it is 2vs2 game, 4 players, A,B,C,D are as players. A script to keep record for each player dice performance in a summed format, for example, player A rolled 11-3 in R1, 4-8 Ä°N R2 and so on. Same for players B,C, and D for 2vs2 games. Same for 3vs3 and 4vs4 and so it is for multiplayer games.
  • For fog games, keep record for only team players for team games, or keep record of self dice for multiplayer games.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Well, i believe this wud add a new taste and observational aspect through the game.
  • This is something i try to keep record in my games via entering numbers turn basis into game chat...This wud brought more fun in games i believe.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Re: A tool to demonstrate player's rolls from R1 to end.

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:37 am

To be clear, you want to see every dice roll in a game and you do not want a replay function, like is suggested here: viewtopic.php?f=704&t=676 ... Is that correct?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:04 pm

true said, i guess true said mate.
my point is, only sum of rolls turnly basis.
i am not any interested in replay function, i am not interested on seeing previous turn, who held what territory, who had how many units, attacked where whatever, i dont need them... What i only want is turn based total dice performance log, and this to be kept (saved in server) only to the end of game, and once game is over, well you can delete this log to free up the memory.

this below image to stay here to give an idea what i am up to.

LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:37 pm

Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:50 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173279#p3890801

this one sounds close to mine one mate.

actually, i am not sure with if what i am asking to be similar with what ppl call it to be dice stats.
i am not asking any probabilistic calculations, but a simple demonstration menu, that simply will demonstrate the Round X a player rolled what...

A way, while you are playing, you will be able to see in what round which player rolled what dice in that round in question.
I mean, well, assume you are in Round 7, and somehow you want to see one of ur team mate, how he rolled in R1, and in R2, R3, R4, R5, R6 etc....
A chart, that will keep every single player's total/sum of rolls for every round being played so far...

For example, i am taking round 2 turn, my rolls 2-0;1-1;0-2;0-1;1-1;1-0;2-0 then i make my fortification to finalize my turn....
so, keep my dice for R2 turn as 7-5
keep this recording in same manner for R3, R4, R5 to the end of the game...
keep recording the same fashion for every player for every turn as well and make it visible for all players, only exception is foggy games...and in foggy games let a player see only his team players' dice.

These records has not much meaning to be kept once game is over, so you well can consider to delete it once game is over.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby darth emperor on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:27 pm

I guess that what you look is more like this

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=138522
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby HardAttack on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:05 pm

darth emperor wrote:I guess that what you look is more like this

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=138522

The one you linked d.emperor, sounds to be close one...
Well, ppl have suggested the same thing in core but changes are in nuances.
Well, i am not any interested in knowing who had what territ in any particular round. And i am not interested in to know in any round what played dropped how many units, then what resulting attack/defense dices were.
My only/single point that i wud loved to see is, a log, to hold/keep the record for each player's attack dice in a summed fashion for every single round he took from the R1 to the current round game is at....

i dont care to what territory player deployed his units,
i dont care any particular territ hit what other territ, and how many killed and lost at that part of the map,
i dont care to know a visual demonstration of the map that to show what territs i held in R1, R2, R3 ....

***i only care the total win-loss numbers of units i got in every single round to be kept, this way i will know how good/bad rolled in any particular round in question...
I think it is more meaningfull if i write it in some mathematical expression...

i ll give an example...

bob keeps instantaneous records of army counts...
R: round
x: positive integer
Rx:any particular round
VS: versus
A1: total # of my units after i deployed my units / before rolling phase
(in team games, it is total # of my team troops after i deployed my units / before rolling phase)
A2: total # of my units after i finalize my turn (in team games, it is total # of my team troops after i finalize my turn)
B1: total # of (enemy+neatural) units before my attacks start (in team games, it is total # of (enemy+neatural) troops before my attacks start)
B2: total # of (enemy+neatural) units after i finalize my turn (in team games, it is total # of (enemy+neatural) troops after i finalize my turn)

what i want is a record for each round to be kept/stored through the end of the game;
(B1-B2) VS (A1-A2) for Rx

Rx: R1 R2 R3 R4 .... to the end of the game,

so, if game lasts for 16 rounds, there will be a drag/drop menu or a dynamic size chart/table with 16 rows...if game didnt last 16 rounds but say it lasted 43 rounds, then chart/table to keep 43 rows to show my dice performance for all 43 rounds....

In fog games, i should be able to see only my own records; (in team games i should be able to see my team mate's records as well.)
In sunny games, i should be able to see every players' records...(for all game types.)

the above example is for 1v1 game, can be well applied to team games, even in foggy games.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Plus/minus rating

Postby bretzsky on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:28 am

I would like to see a stat for plus/minus for the dice. It would be good if it could be calculated turn by turn, but would only be shown at the end of the game for foggy games.

But what I am suggesting is that a stat for each player in the game will show how many troops they have killed versus lost(only the troops lost in attack) So if you attack and take out 7 troops losing 4, you would have a plus 3 rating. And this rating could be summed up throughout the game.

I would like to see this because with the dice stats, I have had a plus 68 luck and lost troops and also rolling with a minus 74 and winning. I think it would be very interesting to see how the dice actually affect the game.

It would be an interesting stat to see against each player calculated over all games with that player, as some times it seems like one player destroys you (looking for a concrete stat to remove the paranoia), and if so it might be better to choose games that this player isn't in. Would help in clan battles or even personal games I believe.

But I think this would help in seeing the real impact of the dice, because some games are total blowouts and evaluating them, at times, a problem in play cannot be seen, but if you could see the other team was plus20 and your team plus2, that would show the dice may have affected the game more than just your gameplay.
Colonel bretzsky

Re: Plus/minus rating

Postby rishaed on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:32 pm

I'm not exactly sure how this would be calculated? Is it something along the lines of a W/L ratio on dice? If so, would it be something along the lines of a greasemonkey script?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby bretzsky on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:28 pm

I am not computer savvy enough to figure all that out, just a suggestion. But every time you roll it circles the winning dies, so couldn't that be calculated and summed up somehow. It doesn't seem too difficult to me, but maybe more difficult to program.
Colonel bretzsky

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:28 am

There are definitely pros and cons here. One big drawback is that people will look at this and start blaming the dice even more than they already do, when they lose, if their result is just slightly below what's expected (and often that won't have even really affected the outcome). In either case, we couldn't display the stats until after the game was over, for obvious reasons.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby bretzsky on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:26 am

People are always going to blame the dice. I hate the dice and always will and blame them many times! :D I would just like something concrete, a dice stat that actually shows you something. Me being 85 luck doesn't tell me anything. I could have rolled three 6's to take a single and they roll three 1's. My next roll could be three 6's again against a 6 and two 1's. What would my luck would say? it would say, that I am super lucky and my opponent super unlucky yet I end up losing as many troops as I took. It doesn't tell me a thing.

Also some games are won and lost by the dice. I am in a Supermax quads game and we are killing these guys, has nothing to do with play, we have had good dice and they have had bad ones. What can you do, it is a game of luck. Even though I know how frustrating it is for those guys, as there is nothing they could have done differently. But at least at the end of the game they could see how lop-sided it was and realize they don't need to implement a new strategy next game.
Colonel bretzsky

Postby chapcrap on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:50 am

I don't see any benefit of this.

If someone is using 3v2 or 3v1 dice attacks the whole game and the other person is using 2v2, 2v1, 1v1 dice attacks then it won't really show that someone is getting bad dice. It will show that someone is just making dumb attacks. Instead of something like this, I would support something more like one of these:

Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby rishaed on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:57 pm

chapcrap wrote:I don't see any benefit of this.

If someone is using 3v2 or 3v1 dice attacks the whole game and the other person is using 2v2, 2v1, 1v1 dice attacks then it won't really show that someone is getting bad dice. It will show that someone is just making dumb attacks. Instead of something like this, I would support something more like one of these:

fixed for you bud :)
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions