Conquer Club

[Site/Forum] Highest Score Ever Achieved

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Show highest attained rank on profile

Postby Armandolas on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:12 pm

I think its a very nice idea and looks simple.
Both the lower and the higher.
I dont really know whats my best score ever, neither my worst time in CC, but i would love to know it

( i do know how to do it, i just think its a pitty that many plugins that community users developed arent used by default in CC)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Armandolas wrote:I think its a very nice idea and looks simple.
I dont really know whats my best score ever, neither my worst time in CC, but i would love to know it

( i do know how to do it, i just think its a pitty that many plugins that community users developed arent used by default in CC)

maprank! ;)

your highest ever is 2474, your lowest 943
Major betiko

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 pm

betiko wrote:

maprank! ;)

Where does it show this in maprank? And if it shows it already, why is this even a suggestion???
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:09 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
betiko wrote:

maprank! ;)

Where does it show this in maprank? And if it shows it already, why is this even a suggestion???

Not everyone has map rank and not everyone can get map rank. For some it takes map rank ages to load with the amount of games played.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:19 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
betiko wrote:

maprank! ;)

Not everyone has map rank and not everyone can get map rank. For some it takes map rank ages to load with the amount of games played.

Oic...
What about my first question? ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:32 am

I wonder if everyone having their high score displayed would be good because I could know if this 2200 player is a 3700 player in disguise, or in fact bad because this 3700 player is actually little more than a 2200 player in disguise, for the little scoundrel maxed his score on some ridiculous freestyle 1vs1 setting and so his current score is a far more accurate representation of what he is playing now.

What is score?

Score is a representation of how well you are winning right now. It shows how well you are playing on your current settings and I would suggest that at any given moment your current score is a far better guide to how well you are going to play in a current game, rather than one's high score, which if your current score is much lower than your high score then it would suggest you are far from as good at the game you are playing at this moment, than the game at which you achieved such glories.

Confused? (I know I am)

When we drop our ranks in pursuit of other goals (and I have done this), we are invariably not dominating games as much as we do on our regular settings. Medal chasers must spend an enormous amount of time playing badly, on maps and settings they barely understand, and this is why their ranks drop through the floor. Now medal chasers don't like this (and it is quite possible the falling rank is the masochistic element of medal-chasing enjoyment) and so may well feel the need to demonstrate 'I am still good really...look, I was a colonel!!!'. But sadly, you medal chasers out there, when you have a score of 1550 at any given moment that is how good at CC you are, that score is the most accurate representation of your current playing ability.

Feeling unloved?

Now don't think I don't sympathise, I really, really do. But you see I am coming at this from the perspective of trying to consider whether we should pay more attention to current score, high score, or something else all together. It seems to me that displaying a high score from 2010 (when I set mine) is a demonstration of what you were and not what you are, that displaying it is actually a sign of weaknesses for it is declaring to the cc-world an insecurity about how well you are playing now. That posted high score to an extent says to me "I'm a really good player, just on different settings, I'm chasing medals, I'm trying out new things, I'm going through some personal shit right now, I've taken on too many games and am sitting for two others, or anything else that means that at the moment I am a shadow of the player I once was".

Accept yourself

My score now is a perfectly accurate representation of how good a player I am on the settings I am currently playing. My high score goes back to a time when I made large standards and dubs look easy and I really was very good back then at what I did. No doubt everyone's high score reflects a time when they were at their best. My current score suggests that I am getting back to where I once was, but it also demonstrates that at what I am playing now, I am not as good as at what I was playing then.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Mr Changsha wrote:Score is a representation of how well you are winning right now. It shows how well you are playing on your current settings and I would suggest that at any given moment your current score is a far better guide to how well you are going to play in a current game...

Yes! If you are chasing some medal it stands to reason that you are exploring new areas of the game and therefore are not currently very skilled at what you do. That's your decision and you need to live with your choices. Basically, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

The real problem I have with this suggestion(and the points system in general) is regarding vanity. Players are constantly looking for "trophies" that raise their status(justifiably or not) above others. Qwert mentioned that he intended the suggestion to be just another way of compiling data but I don't think this is the motivation of most players wanting this update. Players want some sort of status symbol that they can carry around wherever they go in cc, regardless of how poorly they may be currently playing. This is nothing but misplaced vanity. A conqueror of lands is first and foremost a soldier and any soldier worth his salt would reject this notion as immaterial.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Armandolas on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:50 pm

betiko wrote:

maprank! ;)

Like i said earlier, i know how to see it. But also like i said before, its a pitty that most of CC users dont know the existance of such tools. (i would guess 90%)
Some of them , in my opinion should be implemented as default by CC.

At least something similar should be implemented in the scoreboard...it does not have to be in the users profile.

I mean...HIGH SCORE is the most important thing in every game in the world..lolol
U can be playing a F1 game and try to go for your best track time or u playing Chuckiegg and try to beat your best score ever.
Its a common thing in videogames
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Armandolas wrote:I mean...HIGH SCORE is the most important thing in every game in the world..lolol
U can be playing a F1 game and try to go for your best track time or u playing Chuckiegg and try to beat your best score ever.
Its a common thing in videogames

Not in strategy games it's not.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Armandolas on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:30 pm

So you dont care about the points you have?never looked at the scoreboard to see where u are?im cool with that...But i like that and tons of people like those kind of things.

well...then we should delete you from scoreboard , delete your medals and take your ranking icon , just because it shows vanity and u dont like/care about that.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby betiko on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Armandolas wrote:So you dont care about the points you have?never looked at the scoreboard to see where u are?im cool with that...But i like that and tons of people like those kind of things.

well...then we should delete you from scoreboard , delete your medals and take your ranking icon , just because it shows vanity and u dont like/care about that.

exactly. I knew that I would not remember my high score, and when I wrote it it was mostly to remember it myself. Who doesn't go on his wall to check his current score after a game is finished?

regarding the medal hunting you are partly right and partly wrong. When you medal hunt, there are some settings that basically involve a lot of luck, like for example assassin. a noob in the game could perfectly give away a game to someone and there is nothing you can do about it. At some point, since you need to defeat always new players, you face not so good players and the settings you go for are very much based on luck. Therefore, you might win 60% of those games, when you are colonel or above you just lose 30 points each time and win 10. You can't expect a huge win rate in those kind of games because the skills are less at play. You might have big unlucky streaks by playing like that and drop real hard (like me right now) and start not caring anymore, you are determined to get those unike kills.

For example, the medal stats were before only available through maprank. they made a page on the site with them since about a year and I find it's a huge improvement. Maprank is very long to load, and anytime you can avoid to use it, you do. Not to mention that a vast majority of players don't use maprank. It's not normal that you have to ask others what ae your high and low score.
I personally think that not trying other settings to avoid losing rank is a question of vanity, so again it's a matter of opinion.
Major betiko

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Armandolas wrote:well...then we should delete you from scoreboard , delete your medals and take your ranking icon , just because it shows vanity and u dont like/care about that.

I honestly wouldn't be bothered. The point system/scoreboard is the bane of this site and the root of many poisonous goings-on. Not only do I not care about it, in it's current existence you shouldn't either.
betiko wrote:I personally think that not trying other settings to avoid losing rank is a question of vanity, so again it's a matter of opinion.

You just need to have that little shred of "previous rank" on your profile to make you feel better is all? It's fairly easy to know what your highest rank is, just look at your profile after a game is finished. Is that the highest you've ever been? If so, write it down in a little notebook next to your computer. Maybe you can frame it someday. As far as being listed on here, there's no purpose other than insecurity/vanity.
Besides, learning the fact that you can either yourself look it up on maprank or just ask someone else to do it for you makes this a totally moot point anyhow.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:58 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
Armandolas wrote:well...then we should delete you from scoreboard , delete your medals and take your ranking icon , just because it shows vanity and u dont like/care about that.

I honestly wouldn't be bothered. The point system/scoreboard is the bane of this site and the root of many poisonous goings-on. Not only do I not care about it, in it's current existence you shouldn't either.
betiko wrote:I personally think that not trying other settings to avoid losing rank is a question of vanity, so again it's a matter of opinion.

You just need to have that little shred of "previous rank" on your profile to make you feel better is all? It's fairly easy to know what your highest rank is, just look at your profile after a game is finished. Is that the highest you've ever been? If so, write it down in a little notebook next to your computer. Maybe you can frame it someday. As far as being listed on here, there's no purpose other than insecurity/vanity.
Besides, learning the fact that you can either yourself look it up on maprank or just ask someone else to do it for you makes this a totally moot point anyhow.

lol, don't be a hater! ;) I know I can have a higher score than yours within a month if I go for points, just like I had a higher score than you about a week ago, but I see it makes you feel like so much better than anyone here just because you have that easy to obtain hat for someone not medal hunting. points come and go, like for most players on cc, medals stay. When we start having a decent score back again we like beating it, and knowing what we have to beat is important to most of us. Oh and we don't give a f*ck of what you think. go play your only map, poison rome and let the big boys talk. I'll soon get a platinum crossmap as I do think that this site has a bit more to offer than just 3-4 maps.
Major betiko

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:52 pm

betiko wrote:
lol, don't be a hater! ;) I know I can have a higher score than yours within a month if I go for points, just like I had a higher score than you about a week ago, but I see it makes you feel like so much better than anyone here just because you have that easy to obtain hat for someone not medal hunting. points come and go, like for most players on cc, medals stay. When we start having a decent score back again we like beating it, and knowing what we have to beat is important to most of us. Oh and we don't give a f*ck of what you think. go play your only map, poison rome and let the big boys talk. I'll soon get a platinum crossmap as I do think that this site has a bit more to offer than just 3-4 maps.

See, there you go comparing your rank to mine... I don't hardly ever talk about my own rank and then only in the context of a relevant conversation. My rank just happens. Why so preoccupied/emotional/insecure about this rank thing?
Just try please to keep the conversation within the bounds of relevancy if it's not too much trouble? If you must know, mostly I am invited to Poison Rome these days. I actually create very few of them. Anyone can look at my games list and see it's a mixture of maps and I've simply got favorites. So you've got exactly zero ad-hominem fuel. Maybe you can keep on topic now?
If it will make you feel better to go and get a higher score than me betiko, nobody is stopping you. Be forewarned however, that it won't affect me in the least. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby jsnyder748 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:16 pm

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Please no fighting.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:54 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
betiko wrote:

See, there you go comparing your rank to mine... I don't hardly ever talk about my own rank and then only in the context of a relevant conversation. My rank just happens. Why so preoccupied/emotional/insecure about this rank thing?
Just try please to keep the conversation within the bounds of relevancy if it's not too much trouble? If you must know, mostly I am invited to Poison Rome these days. I actually create very few of them. Anyone can look at my games list and see it's a mixture of maps and I've simply got favorites. So you've got exactly zero ad-hominem fuel. Maybe you can keep on topic now?
If it will make you feel better to go and get a higher score than me betiko, nobody is stopping you. Be forewarned however, that it won't affect me in the least. ;)

You're not getting it... this topic is about scores, so talking about scores is relevant. From my perspective, you are the insecure one, as you don't want others to have their high score apearing on their page. I happened to have +200pts a week or 2 ago compared to what you have now and is more or less your high score. I just play differently and I'm not afraid to join coinflip games vs low ranked that will cost me tons of points. You fail to get the point that someone joining any type of tournament or any settings vs any opponent can be a good player and his actual rank is irrelevant.
Anyway, this conversation is going nowhere, but I will just list again the reasons why this would be an improvement

-the quantity of players that have to write down themselves manually their high score on their page as it's not a CC feature
-the only way to know it if you never wrote it down is through maprank which not all CC players have/use
-people want to know what type of player they are dealing with, and a high score shows what an opponent is capable of if he tries
-maprank is very long to load, and not very convenient to check this usefull information
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:55 am

Final Warning

Calling somebody insecure borders on flaming, as you are insulting the person and not the user.

If the name-calling in this thread doesn't immediately cease, I will be forced to report all instances.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Qwert on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Please,i will repeat again,, these its USer Page Statistic. No need for long debate and conversation how these its very useful strategic informacion,, because i look these like statistical data, nothing more.
I can not understand that these sugestion have 10 pages of post.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:20 pm

qwert wrote:Please,i will repeat again,, these its USer Page Statistic. No need for long debate and conversation how these its very useful strategic informacion,, because i look these like statistical data, nothing more.

Me neither to tell the truth.. We just want a stat automatically instead of writting it down on user pages. Given the amount of users that do it there shouldn t even be a debate. Put low score and median score too if you want, the more stats the better!
Major betiko

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:22 pm

qwert wrote:Please,i will repeat again,, these its USer Page Statistic. No need for long debate and conversation how these its very useful strategic informacion,, because i look these like statistical data, nothing more.

Part of the problem may be the proposed location of this information. If it's meant for statistical data then perhaps the information should be located somewhere besides a player's profile? That's a pretty big update for the sake of statistics. If you can find this data through maprank couldn't there just be a link somewhere tapping into this feature done by a third party?
My current rank on the scoreboard isn't shown on my profile so why would this highest rank thing be located there?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby jsnyder748 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 pm

either make this a more serious sticky thread or just delete it. it is off topic since all that can be said about it has been said lol
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:38 pm

jsnyder748 wrote:FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Popcorn?
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby maxfaraday on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:53 am

I'll support this suggestion if you put the lowest score as well.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:36 am

maxfaraday wrote:I'll support this suggestion if you put the lowest score as well.
you must have a very impressive low score max after your christmas tilt! :lol:
yes, I think no one is against low score + medium/median score as well.

Funky, where else would you want it to be? the profile is where you can see all statistics from a player, and if you're facing someone and you want to see quickly this information, there is no place else that could be more convenient. high/median/low is part of the profile of a player.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions