Conquer Club

One China Scoreboard

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

One China?

Poll ended at Sun May 05, 2013 11:37 am

Yes! I believe in the One China Policy (and thus Mr C's suggestion)
45%
No! I don't believe in the One China Policy (and thus spit on Mr C's suggestion)
55%

Total votes : 22

One China Scoreboard

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:28 am

Concise description:
  • Merge the three scoreboards China, Taiwan, Hong Kong into one scoreboard

Specifics/Details:
  • This would create a 'greater-China' area scoreboard of around 80 members. One might consider adding in India, Japan, Vietnam or Indonesia to make an even more interesting scoreboard, but I would be satisfied with my enlarged chinese scoreboard.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • 1. I am really bored of the China scoreboard. It is too small and there are only about 10 serious players on it. By merging China with Hong Kong and Taiwan the scoreboard becomes far more interesting for me..and I dare I say other players from this area. 2. It is quite boring (in a sense) playing from a minor-risk country. It seems to me that players from the UK and US can enjoy climbing their national scoreboards 'Best in UK' etc, but being on top of the chinese scoreboard - as I have for years - means very little. Personally, I would like to see new continental scoreboards as I think this would add to the interest players have for CC, but first of all I would like to see a new chinese scoreboard, one that reflects that Hong Kong is part of China (as it has been since 1997) and that while Taiwan may not be, for my selfish CC-purposes it bloody well should be.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Re: One China Scoreboard

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:38 am

Poll added....
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Agent 86 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:48 am

Not much happening from Taiwan ( no premium members :o ) But you would have some real competition from CoF and a few majors from Hong Kong. Interesting idea Mr C as Hong Kong is not a country :roll: So I vote yes to this unusual suggestion.

5752 tanzbaer 1380 134 31 (23%) Sergeant Sergeant 8 4.7 Asia/Pacific Region

Question: Where is the Asia/Pacific region? Is this from a small island in far far away land?
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Agent 86 wrote:Not much happening from Taiwan ( no premium members :o ) But you would have some real competition from CoF and a few majors from Hong Kong. Interesting idea Mr C as Hong Kong is not a country :roll: So I vote yes to this unusual suggestion.

As we can see, 'old china hands' are most likely to be in favour of this move, seeing both the economic and political advantages of one country two systems for China as a whole, as well as, more importantly in the great scheme of things, the beneficial effect this change will make to CC, and even more importantly, that it will make my life slightly better.

Now the sad state of Taiwan's premium membership is but a reflection of the increasing squeeze its giant neighbour is having over both the manufacturing and general export markets. The general malaise felt in Taiwan these days over the question of independence can be seen here in how their ex-pat community has such little confidence in these gloomy economic times. Might a show of political common sense from CC invigorate our taiwanese ex-pat cousins to pay up and compete on a grander field? We can but hope so.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby betiko on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:10 pm

well there's new caledonia counted as a country as well, pretty irrelevant (and they put the french flag on it) while other players from other french islands around the world are counted as french. There is sam2 from new caledonia who would probably lead the french scoreboard, but for some reason you are counting his island as separate.. why?
Major betiko

Postby Agent 86 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:11 pm

Mr Changsha wrote:
Agent 86 wrote:Replied, with a question?

Answered!!

Almost, my question was where is the Asia/Pacific region?

It has 1 player from there. My understanding of the Asia/Pacific region would include many countries.
Australia, China, India, New Zealand and a myriad of countries and smaller islands. Just wanted someone to point out where this player actually is.

Oh, someone voted no. They had better not be in China, could spell trouble for them from the Party :lol:
Major Agent 86

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:17 pm

Agent 86 wrote:Not much happening from Taiwan ( no premium members :o ) But you would have some real competition from CoF and a few majors from Hong Kong. Interesting idea Mr C as Hong Kong is not a country :roll: So I vote yes to this unusual suggestion.

5752 tanzbaer 1380 134 31 (23%) Sergeant Sergeant 8 4.7 Asia/Pacific Region

Question: Where is the Asia/Pacific region? Is this from a small island in far far away land?

He should quite obviously be welcomed into the warm bosom that is China. Poor chap.

Personally, I have no idea where it is, but I DO know that at some point, maybe many thousands of years ago, Chinese were riding five-to-a-bicycle on it.

I will accept tanzbaer's inclusion into Greater China.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:22 pm

betiko wrote:well there's new caledonia counted as a country as well, pretty irrelevant (and they put the french flag on it) while other players from other french islands around the world are counted as french. There is sam2 from new caledonia who would probably lead the french scoreboard, but for some reason you are counting his island as separate.. why?

Exactly!

Of course I couldn't care less about New Caledonia, as I doubt chinese have done much more throughout history with it than have the odd shufty around before declaring it savage.

sam2 is therefore not welcome in Greater China, though I welcome his right to exist under his own laws, as long as he respects China's 'One China Policy'. If he doesn't, then no cheap electronics for him!
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Agent 86 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:33 pm

How about those from Hong Kong and Taiwan keep their own scoreboard ( as they may feel strongly about this) and also include them on the China scoreboard displaying their respective flags? It is known that they can't escape that easily from the 'One China Policy'.
Major Agent 86

Postby Armandolas on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:11 pm

I wish i could lead the Anonymous proxy scoreboard :S
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Agent 86 wrote:How about those from Hong Kong and Taiwan keep their own scoreboard ( as they may feel strongly about this) and also include them on the China scoreboard displaying their respective flags? It is known that they can't escape that easily from the 'One China Policy'.

This kind is the kind of 'Deng-Nonsense' that has forced Chariot of Fire to play under the wrong flag all of these years. One country two systems? Pah, more of the jackboot and less of of the lesbian, trans-gendered party cakes please.

In general political terms Hong Kong is not a country in of itself and never was, thus merging China and Hong Kong into one scoreboard would be both accurate and fair, as well as improving the cc-experience for me and quite possibly others.

Taiwan is a disputed area as we all know. However, as every major nation that I am aware of has explicity validated the One China Policy, I think it is not unreasonable, actually, for Taiwan-based players to be on the Greater-China scoreboard, possibly with a small * next to their names denoting traitor status.

Now Singapore currently has 50 players. As the leader of the China scoreboard I have both the right and quite possibly the duty to offer them, purely in the spirit of friendship, the chance to join this new Greater China scoreboard. Their intelligence, industry and famous intolerance of litter of any kind would greatly enhance this new, modern, east-asian enterprise zone.

Urgent talks are required with the leader of the Hong Kong faction over the future status of both inner and outer mongolia. While these regions are currently not represented on the scoreboard (apparently because not one person in these regions plays risk and this is surely as good an example of the need for moral and social education as could be found), their future status, upon reaching the required development level, must be determined..and soon.
Last edited by Mr Changsha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby betiko on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:06 pm

lol, this is getting political. I personally consider taiwan as having the right to be independent. But I guess you would counsider that new caledonia has the right to be independent in response.
Major betiko

Postby Mr Changsha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:18 pm

betiko wrote:lol, this is getting political. I personally consider taiwan as having the right to be independent. But I guess you would counsider that new caledonia has the right to be independent in response.

New Caledonia is absolutely irrelevent to the people of China. Frankly, I only know where it is because of my deep fascination for 2.1. Let's keep this on topic betiko, and the topic of this thread is about improving the cc-experience of China-based players.

Has anyone ever wondered why every chinese person I have ever introduced to the site has signed up, had a look around and then promptly left (almost certainly no one here has ever wondered about this)? Might it be because CC appears to be believe it is 1996 and Hong Kong is still a british colony? The CC scoreboard is deeply insensitive towards chinese people on this issue.

So a unified chinese scoreboard would both improve the cc experience for ex-pats living in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan but also make it more likely that some actual, real Chinese players could join us. For currently CC must seem like the UN in the 1960's, as it blatantly insulted the country by refusing to admit that Mao was the rightful leader of China.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Armandolas on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:50 pm

I wonder why no1 in Macau is playing CC...i guess they just prefer gambling...otherwise Stanley Ho would be CC Conqueror
Colonel Armandolas

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:34 am

Mr Changsha wrote:
betiko wrote:lol, this is getting political. I personally consider taiwan as having the right to be independent. But I guess you would counsider that new caledonia has the right to be independent in response.

New Caledonia is absolutely irrelevent to the people of China. Frankly, I only know where it is because of my deep fascination for 2.1. Let's keep this on topic betiko, and the topic of this thread is about improving the cc-experience of China-based players.

Has anyone ever wondered why every chinese person I have ever introduced to the site has signed up, had a look around and then promptly left (almost certainly no one here has ever wondered about this)? Might it be because CC appears to be believe it is 1996 and Hong Kong is still a british colony? The CC scoreboard is deeply insensitive towards chinese people on this issue.

So a unified chinese scoreboard would both improve the cc experience for ex-pats living in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan but also make it more likely that some actual, real Chinese players could join us. For currently CC must seem like the UN in the 1960's, as it blatantly insulted the country by refusing to admit that Mao was the rightful leader of China.

why do they use HK dollar there if their status is not "complicated"? Why do they use the taiwan dollar in taipei? why are hong kong and taiwan represented in the olympics and have national teams? they don't want to be part of your "greater china", deal with it, neither on cc. And yes, new caledonia is totally on topic as it gives an example of something similar done on the site.
If some chinese players are stupid enough to leave the site because HK and taiwan are represented on the site I don't really care. Did they stop watching the beijing olympics because HK was represented?
Major betiko

Postby GoranZ on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:40 am

The proposal is more or less political issue so lets leave it to the politicians.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Mr. Changsha, it might be a better idea for you to ask the various Chinese, Taiwanese, etc. players if they prefer/don't care/don't want this change. It doesn't affect 99% of the players here. You see there are only 10 serious players, so if you can get 10 prefers/don't cares and no don't wants, I will pop this into [Submitted] regardless of the result of this poll.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Mr Changsha on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:02 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Mr. Changsha, it might be a better idea for you to ask the various Chinese, Taiwanese, etc. players if they prefer/don't care/don't want this change. It doesn't affect 99% of the players here. You see there are only 10 serious players, so if you can get 10 prefers/don't cares and no don't wants, I will pop this into [Submitted] regardless of the result of this poll.

So my current plan of challenging the leader of the Hong Kong faction to a one-off dubs on the Hong Kong map to determine sovereignty, is not the official, or the correct, way of going about this?
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Mr Changsha on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:39 pm

betiko wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:

why do they use HK dollar there if their status is not "complicated"? Why do they use the taiwan dollar in taipei? why are hong kong and taiwan represented in the olympics and have national teams? they don't want to be part of your "greater china", deal with it, neither on cc. And yes, new caledonia is totally on topic as it gives an example of something similar done on the site.
If some chinese players are stupid enough to leave the site because HK and taiwan are represented on the site I don't really care. Did they stop watching the beijing olympics because HK was represented?

Well, I am merely trying to give a little political context to my suggestion - as is my right - but remember that this thread is about improving CC!

I think CC would be a (slightly) better place if we had regional/continental scoreboards and I am using the China area as an example of that. Outside of a few large Risk-playing countries, the individual scoreboards are sorry, lonely places.
Last edited by Mr Changsha on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Agent 86 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:52 pm

GoranZ wrote:The proposal is more or less political issue so lets leave it to the politicians.

Somehow the discussion entered the political arena, but it's not about that at all.

Mr Changsha wrote:Well, I am merely trying to give a little political comtext to my suggestion - as is my right - but remember that this thread is about improving CC!

I think CC would be a (slightly) better place if we had regional/continental scoreboards and I am using the China area as an example of that. Outside of a few large Risk-playing countries, the individual scoreboards are sorry, lonely places.

+1 This is what it's about ;)
Major Agent 86

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Mr Changsha wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Mr. Changsha, it might be a better idea for you to ask the various Chinese, Taiwanese, etc. players if they prefer/don't care/don't want this change. It doesn't affect 99% of the players here. You see there are only 10 serious players, so if you can get 10 prefers/don't cares and no don't wants, I will pop this into [Submitted] regardless of the result of this poll.

So my current plan of challenging the leader of the Hong Kong faction to a one-off dubs on the Hong Kong map to determine sovereignty, is not the official, or the correct, way of going about this?

It's not official, but Zhang Fei would approve...:)
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Mr Changsha on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:

It seems to me (though of course I am at best strange and at worst unhinged) that If I, the leader of the China scoreboard, defeat the leader of the Hong Kong faction on the Hong Kong map, that through the establised convention of spoils, the Hong Kong scoreboard would have to merge with the China scoreboard.

DoomYoshi's belief in the powers of democracy, while without question noble, ignores the cultural sensitivities of east-asian people. Leaders must decide matters between themselves...this is primarily an issue for Chariot of Fire and I, and I trust CC will respect the outcome of this contest.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Mr Changsha wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:

It seems to me (though of course I am at best strange and at worst unhinged) that If I, the leader of the China scoreboard, defeat the leader of the Hong Kong faction on the Hong Kong map, that through the establised convention of spoils, the Hong Kong scoreboard would have to merge with the China scoreboard.

DoomYoshi's belief in the powers of democracy, while without question noble, ignores the cultural sensitivities of east-asian people. Leaders must decide matters between themselves...this is primarily an issue for Chariot of Fire and I, and I trust CC will respect the outcome of this contest.

if you lose, can the chinese scoreboad merge so we could have only hong kong? :lol:
Major betiko

Postby Mr Changsha on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:58 pm

betiko wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:

if you lose, can the chinese scoreboad merge so we could have only hong kong? :lol:

Can a squirrel defeat a tiger?

The leader of the Hong Kong faction has, so far, ignored my challenge for a one-off game to determine the future of the china scoreboard. However, I have learned great patience from my chinese brothers and so I suspect I will be able to resist trolling my own thread in a splash of faux-outrage for at least another 2 hours and 57 minutes.

With regards to your very pertinent question the answer is a simple no. China is a country with 5,000 years of history behind it, Hong Kong is a glorified parking lot. If I lose, which I won't, for right is most surely on my side, I will give CoF 100 days and then simply increase my demands in a most fiendish fashion.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:02 pm

so why would he accept? cof is british, and I'm sure he won't agree that HK is fully china. you're not giving any reward to your challenge, so don't expect it to be accepted. oh and vs cof, you are the squirrel, he is the tiger.
Major betiko

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions