Conquer Club

Why Don't More People Take Up Freestyle?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Why Don't More People Take Up Freestyle?

Postby 40kguy on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:38 pm

I loved speed freestyle, i dont have premium anymore though.

im not fast, but they were fun as hell playing and there is a lot more strategy going on.
16:00:18 ā€¹Pixarā€ŗ Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby IcePack on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:14 pm

I hve tried a few times, have fast computer fast connection in North America. And I get blown out of the water. It's really bad sometimes. So either I'm doing something wrong or I'm just slow as hell.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby codierose on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:31 pm

i do miss the fs feudal 4 player assin days chasing around the the lake. :D
stopped playing after got my gold
Major codierose

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:00 pm

codierose wrote:i do miss the fs feudal 4 player assin days chasing around the the lake. :D
stopped playing after got my gold

]

I set those from time to time... feel free to join bud...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby AslanTheKing on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:36 pm

and i was calculating , how on earth could this guy be so fast,
i was moving my mouse like crazy to deploy and attack, and with all the stress and pressure, i misclicked and attacked neutrals or the wrong places,

so whats this clicki thing, and where is the link?

i stopped playing freestyle because i thought i am just too slow
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemyĀ“s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby Paddy The Cat on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:21 pm

hmmm good topic rhp.

just wanna throw in that it is what makes me renew premium. i dont have anyone on my foe list, and i dont have ANY add ons (i use the automatic clickies that come with the site). im not the fastest. but i win a fair number of these games. yes it is discouraging to learn at first. However, it really gives just about EVERY map a whole new feel! On some settings, the gameplay is totally different than standard sequential 24 hours games. It is a breath of fresh air to me, and is the only game type that gives me a 'rush' so to speak.

id love to relive the glory days with some 20 good fs speed players and get some 8 man classic games going 8-)
Sergeant 1st Class Paddy The Cat

Postby Tenebrus on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:17 am

What Paddy said =).

I'll start leaving some 8p fs classic esc games up in the afternoons UK time, if people keep an eye out for them, maybe we can get them going again. Quick question for anyone who's interested - what time do people prefer? The games always used to be 5m, but now 1m's a possibility but that's pretty tight for a classic map (unless you do want to make it all about speed, and not speed+strategy). Compromise on 3m? Would be interested to hear people's views.

I'll also do my best to teach anyone who's unfamiliar with the games - all welcome, as long as you listen to what's said in chat.
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Postby Mageplunka69 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:44 am

jsnyder748 wrote:I would like to play more speeders. My school laptop/connection leaves me in the dust. Only when I go home do I have as fast a computer as all you speeders.

Plus it takes time to do them. Don't have an excess of time.
alot of time
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=8672597 7 second game
Lieutenant Mageplunka69

Postby Mageplunka69 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:47 am

Mr Changsha wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:I don't like fs speed for the same reason I don't like real-time games of any kind: I want time to think. Maybe that's just because I'm getting old, or maybe not. I recall that even when I was much younger I hated speed chess, for example. So I doubt if you would ever make a fs speed demon out of me.

However, there are young people on this site who probably would get good at it, if they were given some friendship and mentoring. Greenoaks said it best:
greenoaks wrote:you only have yourselves to blame.

the pool of players is already small and then you foe those that wander in.

=D> =D> =D>

Spend some time helping those who might be interested and it will pay off in the long run.

Is speed freestyle a young man's game?

no, im 50 and i am one of the fastest here
Lieutenant Mageplunka69

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:49 am

Mageplunka69 wrote:
jsnyder748 wrote:I would like to play more speeders. My school laptop/connection leaves me in the dust. Only when I go home do I have as fast a computer as all you speeders.

Plus it takes time to do them. Don't have an excess of time.
alot of time
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=8672597 7 second game

He's probably talking about games like this:

Game 6706958

Where ManB sat down for 3 hours and 39 minutes to, in the end, kill ljex after a 290 troop cash ;). Epic stuff, and it's why I love it.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Mageplunka69 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:55 am

I have to say that freestyle is what keeps me here, not to mention that besides most games played, I was getting bored with the decline of free styling. As some have mentioned, I remember when I personally would set up 10-15 doodle 8 man assassin freestylers, and have at least 5-6 active 5 minute games going at one time.I had to time it to actually go set up another 15 while they were going on. I feel the decline started with the pm notifier changing to the current leaving the waiting games window open.
I want the old system implemented again to bring back the glory days please new owners?

What keeps me here now is the race to be all platinum, after that i mat get bored again ā™„
Lieutenant Mageplunka69

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:53 am

Tenebrus wrote:What Paddy said =).

I'll start leaving some 8p fs classic esc games up in the afternoons UK time, if people keep an eye out for them, maybe we can get them going again. Quick question for anyone who's interested - what time do people prefer? The games always used to be 5m, but now 1m's a possibility but that's pretty tight for a classic map (unless you do want to make it all about speed, and not speed+strategy). Compromise on 3m? Would be interested to hear people's views.

I'll also do my best to teach anyone who's unfamiliar with the games - all welcome, as long as you listen to what's said in chat.

depends.. most hardcore freestylers would be fine with 1 minute turns, but if we want to "grow the sport" so to speak, and have more people join them and "learn"... then I think 2, maybe even 3 minute turns are probably a good idea...

I'm usually on evenings.. 7-10 pm EST... or in that range somewhere... weekends I'm on at different times.. but I'd hop in if I saw it...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby Tenebrus on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:12 am

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. There's a 3 minute turn game up now. No-one's joining it though >:/
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Postby Tenebrus on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:36 am

6 people in one now, join you miserable bunch of scrotum-chewing imbec... I mean EVERYBODY WELCOME!
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Postby Tenebrus on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Whee, it filled, and the best man won. *coughs modestly*
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Postby jsnyder748 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:38 pm

I am not talking about ass doodles mage! I know those are fast. Im talking about the games that take strategy and thinking,....not that ass doodles aren't fun....but classic and assassin fuedals and 1 v 1's take time to fill and stuff

Used to be able to to cash, attack, and end in fuedal in 2-3 seconds....too bad I never got into speed more
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby rhp 1 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:03 pm

jsnyder748 wrote:I am not talking about ass doodles mage! I know those are fast. Im talking about the games that take strategy and thinking,....not that ass doodles aren't fun....but classic and assassin fuedals and 1 v 1's take time to fill and stuff

Used to be able to to cash, attack, and end in fuedal in 2-3 seconds....too bad I never got into speed more

Pretty much every top freestyler can do that... which is prob part of the problem... imagine if ur unskilled at fs and jump into a game with a bunch of players with that type of speed... I imagine it would be quite intimidating and something u wouldn't be rushing in to do again....
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby Tenebrus on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Yeah, that's why it'd be nice to get some of the bigger fs games going that are more about strategy + speed, than just pure speed (like feudal assassin is). You can win one of the 8p classic games even if you're not the fastest guy on the block.
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Postby jsnyder748 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:14 pm

rhp 1 wrote:
jsnyder748 wrote:I am not talking about ass doodles mage! I know those are fast. Im talking about the games that take strategy and thinking,....not that ass doodles aren't fun....but classic and assassin fuedals and 1 v 1's take time to fill and stuff

Pretty much every top freestyler can do that... which is prob part of the problem... imagine if ur unskilled at fs and jump into a game with a bunch of players with that type of speed... I imagine it would be quite intimidating and something u wouldn't be rushing in to do again....

very true...but when I was learning it I looked up to all these fast guys as good and it encouraged me become like them...that was a while ago

Game 7270731 I was a complete noob vs fast guys and I won...with some luck of course...this was the beginning of a long relationship with speed lol
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:35 pm

this thread inspired me:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=188329

It's in call outs. Could help. FSers: delete foes and stop being so butt hurt.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby xiangwang on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:37 pm

rhp 1 wrote:

I cannot do that. I just play casual 8 man standard freestyle, u don't really need speed. Just don't have to wait 24 hours for each player to go. Plenty of people still enjoy 8 player non-escalation standard games (u do get some stalemates). Only thing you need in freestyle in my opinion is mainly patience and time, not necessarily speed.
Brigadier xiangwang

Postby Paddy The Cat on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:43 pm

mage, your such an assdoodle addict :lol: I never knew you ever played so many of them at one time o.O
Sergeant 1st Class Paddy The Cat

Postby Tenebrus on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:41 pm

xiangwang wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

I cannot do that. I just play casual 8 man standard freestyle, u don't really need speed. Just don't have to wait 24 hours for each player to go. Plenty of people still enjoy 8 player non-escalation standard games (u do get some stalemates). Only thing you need in freestyle in my opinion is mainly patience and time, not necessarily speed.

24 hour freestyle games are the devil's setting - all you need to win is no life, and an alarm clock.

Oh, and a room mate or three helps. BOOM! I wasn't sure I was going to go there, but I'm so glad I did /stewie
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Postby xiangwang on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:27 pm

Tenebrus wrote:
xiangwang wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

24 hour freestyle games are the devil's setting - all you need to win is no life, and an alarm clock.

Oh, and a room mate or three helps. BOOM! I wasn't sure I was going to go there, but I'm so glad I did /stewie

Why is 24 hour freestyle the devil's setting? Are you stating it's worse than quickest finger/clickies. An alarm isn't useful when u cannot predict when people take their turns.
Brigadier xiangwang

Postby rhp 1 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:13 pm

xiangwang wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:

sorry man... casual fs is not what I'm talking about as stated in the opener.... and casual fs is the biggest farming setting there is... I mean come one.. lol.. I have no problem with it per se and don't care what people use it for, but damn... a complete joke of a setting... and "fastest clicking"? lol... clueless you are.. but that's fine...
Lieutenant rhp 1

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion