Conquer Club

One China Scoreboard

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

One China?

Poll ended at Sun May 05, 2013 11:37 am

Yes! I believe in the One China Policy (and thus Mr C's suggestion)
45%
No! I don't believe in the One China Policy (and thus spit on Mr C's suggestion)
55%

Total votes : 22

Re: One China Scoreboard

Postby Mr Changsha on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:08 pm

betiko wrote:so why would he accept? cof is british, and I'm sure he won't agree that HK is fully china. you're not giving any reward to your challenge, so don't expect it to be accepted.

As am I, as is Fruitcake (my partner for this game)..and as I hope will be cof's partner. There is something absolutely delicious about four brits determining the future of the Hong Kong scoreboard.

If Cof wins, then the Hong Kong scoreboard will be saved for 100 days. Not 99 (why 99?), but 100 days.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Mr Changsha on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:11 pm

Cof is a superb player..no question about that. I look forward to the game.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:34 am

Mr Changsha wrote:Cof is a superb player..no question about that. I look forward to the game.

This is the first sensible thing you've said all day :D

I have enjoyed your politicking though and wish it was representative of everything that came out of the Great Hall of the People (I've farted in there y'know!)

I accept your challenge on the map of my adopted country. Don't forget to apply for your permit prior to joining. On behalf of my fellow free brethren in Taiwan R.O.C. however I think being swallowed into the bosom of Mother China is not what they would like. Oh no comrade, not one iota. And if a player ever was to join from that verdant isle I'll warrant he will promptly leave the site when he sees he is playing under that big ugly red flag of oppression.

I would love for this to lead to an amalgamated Asian scoreboard though - that would be something worthwhile - but each country (and Special Administrative Region of course) retains its own standard.

Tootle pip!

Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Mr Changsha on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:28 am

Game 12555964

This is about honour, this is about spirit, this is about everything..yet strangely this is also about absolutely nothing at all.

May the best brit. decide the future of the Hong Kong scoreboard.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Armandolas on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:49 am

Hong kong and Taiwan situations are tottally different.
Hong konk in a Special Administrative Region of China. Taiwan claims and is an independent sovereign state.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Agent 86 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:44 am

As an Aussie sitting on the fence, I'm going to enjoy every minute of the game. Good luck to all who fight for their honor!!

I see that Mr C gets the first turn..going to be interesting ;)
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby spiesr on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:18 am

Alright, let's get things under control here.
If you want to turn this into a suggestion about creating regional scoreboards then stay on that topic. If not then this will be closed.
Captain spiesr

Postby Agent 86 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:16 pm

spiesr wrote:Alright, let's get things under control here.
If you want to turn this into a suggestion about creating regional scoreboards then stay on that topic. If not then this will be closed.

Was this directed at me? The game being played is exactly on topic for the China scoreboard or don't the members have any say? Don't be one of those fun police spiesr, closing this would not do you any favors.

We all know how many suggestions have been implemented, this one will probably never happen as well.

My suggestion is for you to stay away and let DoomYoshi handle this :twisted:

Chariot of Fire wrote:
I would love for this to lead to an amalgamated Asian scoreboard though - that would be something worthwhile - but each country (and Special Administrative Region of course) retains its own standard.

We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Mr Changsha on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:47 pm

On what basis are you going to close this topic?

1. My first suggestion that Hong Kong players should be part of the China scoreboard is a completely legitimate suggestion.

2. Writing about the political background to that would seem to me to be both educational as well as perfectly reasonable, or are the views of that nationality not allowed to be represented here? Writing it in a way that chinese people would find subversively amusing (rather like how the english might write about Ireland or Scotland) should also be fine. It is context to the suggestion.

2. Challenging Cof to defend Hong Kong's honour 'is the kind of thing we do on site based on conquest'.

3. My goal is to publicise the case for larger region, or even continental scoreboards. I've chosen to focus on creating a greater-china scoreboard, which is my right, but the eventual goal of this thread is clear...and was clear from the very first post.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 pm

hear hear
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:55 pm

If these Chinese chuckleheads agree to the outcome of the match then I don't see a reason not to go with whatever is agreed.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Trying to play us off each other will get you nowhere. In any case, spiesr wasn't threatening a lock for past transgressions. If there were past transgressions, the thread would be locked, no threat required. The warning was for potential future transgressions.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:13 pm

I am interested to see where this game goes :)
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby maxfaraday on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:35 am

I say let's set up a quads game with the PACK against the Chinese.
Let's see who eats who.
The winner will then decide.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Symmetry on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:58 am

Aye- if this suggestion is that Taiwan be considered part of China by the site, it should be in off topics. If it's now simply following a game, then maybe GD.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:08 am

maxfaraday wrote:I say let's set up a quads game with the PACK against the Chinese.
Let's see who eats who.

You should know the Chinese will eat anything. You lose ;)

Symmetry - ever thought of setting up your own web site where you can administer to your heart's content?
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Symmetry on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:11 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:
maxfaraday wrote:I say let's set up a quads game with the PACK against the Chinese.
Let's see who eats who.

You should know the Chinese will eat anything. You lose ;)

Symmetry - ever thought of setting up your own web site where you can administer to your heart's content?

As you haven't filled out the form, I can't consider that as a legitimate suggestion.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Mr Changsha on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:26 am

Much as I josh, the China Scoreboard has never been healthier. I can remember being very lonely on there.. +800 points on no.2 back in 2009/2010.

So ten or so solid players is a great improvement. I quite like being top of the China scoreboard (I admit it!), and these days I had better stay on my toes if I want to keep it.

Hong Kong game update:

Delicately balanced, both sides throwing UP and all to play for.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:40 am

i would like to see a seperate scoreboard for Nepal.. lets get it done
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby maxfaraday on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:34 am

SirSebstar wrote:i would like to see a seperate scoreboard for Nepal.. lets get it done

Let us not forget Tibet.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Symmetry on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:43 am

maxfaraday wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:i would like to see a seperate scoreboard for Nepal.. lets get it done

Let us not forget Tibet.

Or Bhutan.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby macbone on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:04 pm

Nice to see some friendly rivalry going!

But Changsha, until HK, China, and Taiwan unite their three different Olympic teams, and citizens of each of those three distinct political entities are allowed free movement across their borders, it doesn't really make sense to combine the three into one scoreboard, or even to lump the HKSAR in with mainland China.

True, Taiwan is viewed by the UN as part of China, but Taiwan asserts its own independence (though these days not quite as loudly), and it's a member of the WTO. When the US sends its surplus jets to Taiwan, is it in fact sending them to the People's Liberation Army? Hong Kong residents aren't allowed to join the PLA, either. I think the HK and China scoreboards are active enough to stand on their own without necessitating a combination of the two.

And Nepal totally has its own scoreboard, seeing as how it is a recognized nation in its own right. Tibet, though, is firmly in the hands of China, and that's not going to change any time soon.

Regional scoreboards would be groovy, though.
Colonel macbone

Postby perchorin on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:00 pm

How about a socreboard for the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere? That would surely be best for everyone!
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:28 pm

macbone wrote:But Changsha, until HK, China, and Taiwan unite their three different Olympic teams, and citizens of each of those three distinct political entities are allowed free movement across their borders, it doesn't really make sense to combine the three into one scoreboard, or even to lump the HKSAR in with mainland China.

True, Taiwan is viewed by the UN as part of China, but Taiwan asserts its own independence (though these days not quite as loudly), and it's a member of the WTO. When the US sends its surplus jets to Taiwan, is it in fact sending them to the People's Liberation Army? Hong Kong residents aren't allowed to join the PLA, either. I think the HK and China scoreboards are active enough to stand on their own without necessitating a combination of the two.

This pretty much nails it. I think that it might be better for the site to not have tiny country competitions. Nevertheless, it would be a major insult to what Taiwan has managed to accomplished as an entity, to lump it in under China's flag. As hilarious as the rivalry is, I can't in good conscience pass this along.

Hong Kong is obviously still part of China, though, so I wouldn't object if anyone wanted to lump those two.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:23 am

Continental categories sounds key.

Or have regional ones, e.g.

East Asia
Oceania
South Asia (India, Bangla., Pakistan, Sri Lanka)
Central Asia (Kaz, Uzbek, Kyrgyz, AFG)
Middle East (from Turkey and Iran all the way Morocco--reunify the Old Empire, I say).
---if not then North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa
Europe (don't really care how you contentious chaps divide yourselves)
North America.
Central Am
South Am
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions