Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Postby aage on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:09 pm

:)

Good job, SW and PCM :D
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby edocsil on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:14 pm

First off I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has participated in the games. I believe only Jonty, Strike wolf, Safari, Rodion, PCM, and Violet participated in them all. I would like to thank you for all putting up with delayed scenes, various mistakes, and some very long games. OP on the Egyptian game was written on Aug 18, 2011, over a year and a half ago. I will be taking a break from modding at least until the summer, and will not have more than one game going at a time unless someone needs a replacement.

One last time, thank you all. This series has meant so much to me in the past years.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby rishaed on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:21 pm

It was an excellent game! I was honestly expecting that we would lose after I was outed. . . should've stuck to the list chapcrap gave you. You had Strikewolf on it and since me and soundman turned up scum I would have thought he was the logical lynch there.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:24 pm

GG all. We really had to scheme and trick to win this game (and half the time it backfired). A lot of people I could really thank. Aage played really well though he didn't get much to show for it. Soundman did as well and Rishaed did for what little he was in the game. Jak probably saved us in the end by voting Rodion early. Couldn't have done it without you. Big congrats to Pancake just for staying almost completely out of the line of fire for 9 whole days, was beginning to think he wouldn't even need that Joan of Arc fake claim. I thought the town played really well most of the game and I have to say 4 straight mafia lynches was impressive under any circumstance. Rodion had the right idea with the math and it worked well for town most of the game (I'm not sure about the kill the double voter idea on day 8 but I might be biased). Safari made some good investigation choices and did well of not drawing too much attention to himself before claiming and claiming at a good time. / had a good save on Safari. I'm still not sure what I did to tip him off but it seemed like F1fth was onto me from early on and kept coming back to me. Not sure what he saw but I'm thankful that town didn't put more weight behind him. chap definitely drew the attention of mafia when he made that claim. Definitely side lined a few actions his way. I'm sure there's more but I can't think of any at the moment.

Anyways, rambling speech aside. Once again good game all. I'm interested in seeing the actions for this game as it seemed like we as mafia had a lot of failed actions.

Thank you for modding Edoc. See you this summer.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 pm

Night Actions.

N1
Jonty deprog iliad
safari investigat victor
/ BG aage
lsu tiger josh Vig hensow
Rodion hide behind vio
Jak steal victors vote
DoomYoshi roleblock lsu
Lovo track F1fth
Jakv2 uses BP vest
DRoZ watch cm5
rishaed Doc illiad
aage Kill Mr. S
PCM give BP vest to illiad
Soundman Rb illiad

N2
Jonty deprog iliad
safari inv com 9
/ BG PCM
jgordon Power Jak
lsu tiger josh shoot victor
Rodion hide behind vio
DoomYoshi roleblock lsu
Samgrossy doc aage
Lovo Track PCM
DRoZ watch Aage
rishaed doc vode
aage Kill LSU
PCM give Gift Jak
Soundman RB Mr S

N3
Jonty deprog vio
safari inv vio
F1fth ~ Seraph Chap
/ prot chap
jgordon Power Fifth
Samgrossy doc aage
Lovo Track saf
DRoZ watch jonty
Vodean Switch off
aage Kill chap
PCM give Gift vio
Soundman RB JG

N4
Jonty deprog chap
safari inv sound
/ prot chap
jgordon Power nos
Rodion Hide JG hide BB
Samgrossy doc chap
DRoZ watch chap
Chap Inv rodion
Rishaed Doc Strike
aage Kill JG
PCM give Gift chap
Soundman RB droz

N5
Jonty deprog chap
/ prot saf
Rodion Hide samG
Doomyoshi RB aage
DRoZ watch chap
aage Kill greg
PCM give Gift rodion
Soundman RB droz

N6
Jonty deprog chap
/ prot saf
Rodion Hide samG
Doomyoshi RB aage
DRoZ watch chap
aage Kill greg
PCM give Gift rodion
Soundman RB droz

N7
Jonty deprog iliad
Safari Inv Jonty
/ prot saf
Rodion Hide /
Doomyoshi RB aage
DRoZ watch jonty inv strike
Strike Kill Jonty
PCM give Gift droz

N8
Safari Inv doom
/ prot saf
Rodion Hide blake
Doomyoshi RB +inv droz
DRoZ watch rodion
Strike Kill saf
PCM give Gift doom

N9
Safari Inv fifth
/ prot saf
Rodion Hide nos
Violet Doc Saf
Jakv2 Inv saf
Strike kill greg
PCM give Gift jak

N10
Safari Inv jak
/ prot saf
Jakv2 Inv saf
Violet Doc Saf
Strike kill fifth
PCM give Gift jak

I think their all right. Sorry, its a bit messy without knowing some of the replacements, best I can do.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:46 pm

So, I do have a few questions/comments. To be honest the game didn't play out like I expected. I never thought that there would be a D10, much less an execution D10. There was not a single vig the entire game when the scum could gift kills, the JOAT had no action limit, and there was a town vig. LSU tried to kill, but victor blocked him every time.

Q1, Saf, why didn't you kill Jak N10? I assumed you suspected that he was scum and it could be lylo, or close to it.
Q2, scum why did you never gift Vigs, despite gifting jak ~3 times you mush have known he was on your side by that point. (for the record, demons didn't know the converted saints. Saints knew the demons after Gabriel/jonty died.

Technically the game wasn't over today, but scum had a doublevoter and an executioner left. There wasn't much of a need to play it out so I ended after confirming that the scum were OK with it.

Also, Holy shit, jonty was accurate with the deprograms. I think he deprogrammed 4-5 before he died N7
Edoc'sil

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:49 pm

A couple mistakes:

N2

Strike Kills LSU

N6

Strike Kills Jonty. (which is why Doom's roleblock didn't affect him)
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Oh also didn't we gift Jak a doc the last night? (The idea was that if Saf aimed for me Jak would protect me).

strike wolf wrote:Im fairly confident but as close as we are to actually winning this after all thats gone against us, Id rather take as few chances as possible.

Our actions:

I kill fifth.
Pancake gifts jak a doc ability.

We never gifted vigs because honestly, we never trusted them not to vig us if they hadn't been recruited and we felt cop investigations/doc protects were more likely to be used. We did know that after D9 that Jak was on our side but at that point we figured potentially keeping one of us alive would be more useful than gifting Jak a kill that might not even be used on the right person (if in the unlikely case he wasn't recruited and he killed me or if he ended up killing the person we had already targeted anyways).

I was also a bit sad we never got a chance to gift a vote steal. I wanted to do that as part of our endgame but the opportunity never prevented itself.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Rodion on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:41 pm

Do you have all role PMs?

Did my hiding prevent me from getting those gifts?
General Rodion

Postby edocsil on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Rodion wrote:Do you have all role PMs?

Did my hiding prevent me from getting those gifts?

Yes to PMs, They'll be up tomorrow. Also yes to hiding. If you hid behind someone you were hidden from gifts targeting you.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:51 pm

strike wolf wrote:Oh also didn't we gift Jak a doc the last night? (The idea was that if Saf aimed for me Jak would protect me).

strike wolf wrote:Im fairly confident but as close as we are to actually winning this after all thats gone against us, Id rather take as few chances as possible.

Our actions:

I kill fifth.
Pancake gifts jak a doc ability.

We never gifted vigs because honestly, we never trusted them not to vig us if they hadn't been recruited and we felt cop investigations/doc protects were more likely to be used. We did know that after D9 that Jak was on our side but at that point we figured potentially keeping one of us alive would be more useful than gifting Jak a kill that might not even be used on the right person (if in the unlikely case he wasn't recruited and he killed me or if he ended up killing the person we had already targeted anyways).

I was also a bit sad we never got a chance to gift a vote steal. I wanted to do that as part of our endgame but the opportunity never prevented itself.

I copied it wrong in the last post >< it was recorded accurately in the excel chart. You were protected.
Edoc'sil

Postby pancakemix on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:24 am

GG everyone!

I'm amazed I never drew much fire the way I scummarined through this game. I had the benefit of not being on "the list", (which I seriously thought was going to do us in, wp to chap on that bluff) and once we saw the fakeclaim list, Joan of Arc popped out and was handed to me immediately. So even though I was forced to claim at the end, it would have take too long to put two and two together.

In case it was unclear, the gifts were recruitments. Dastardly if I ever saw it. :twisted: I picked Mephistopheles personally and edoc did not disappoint with that role. Props to him for that.

As for not sending out vigs, I always wanted to, but SW always talked me out of it. As he said, we were a bit gun-shy. Not knowing who was with us was huge. The last few days we were planning a gambit where a mafia would call for all subverted would vote for saf. If we got it to work, brilliant. If not, at least we knew who the subverted were.

Also, when I deleted the first post (derp) I was asking edoc how screwed we were. :P I thought I was going to get modkilled...
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby / on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:03 am

I knew pancake was scum just a bit too late to matter, that's why I wanted to review the gifts, it was just too darn scummy that he supposedly never gifted anyone twice.

Oh well, no use crying over spilt earth; I blame edoc!

Thanks for hosting, I really enjoyed playing.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:43 am

great game well played one and all
Captain gregwolf121

Postby jonty125 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:10 am

edocsil wrote:First off I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has participated in the games. I believe only Jonty, Strike wolf, Safari, Rodion, PCM, and Violet participated in them all. I would like to thank you for all putting up with delayed scenes, various mistakes, and some very long games. OP on the Egyptian game was written on Aug 18, 2011, over a year and a half ago. I will be taking a break from modding at least until the summer, and will not have more than one game going at a time unless someone needs a replacement.

One last time, thank you all. This series has meant so much to me in the past years.

And, thank you for modding.

edocsil wrote:Also, Holy shit, jonty was accurate with the deprograms. I think he deprogrammed 4-5 before he died N7

Thank you. Probably my best game of the series.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby strike wolf on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:29 am

Oh I do kind of like how Yahweh basically trolled Satan in the final scene. I was gonna write how me and Pancake betrayed Satan at the last moment. Again I have to say this wasn't an easy one to win. Just about everyone we tried to recruit, either didn't use their action or ended up unrecruited lol. I guess since Chap and Iliad were deprogrammed the same night they were recruited they never even learned that they had been recruited.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby jak111 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:46 am

Haha, that "roleblock" I first had I would have been recruited had lived long enough to use it. But I gotta say, glad to see I was right about Aage in my first life XD After that I was a bit worried the scum were falling apart when I came back. I think that last lynch was an all or nothing one. If saf decided to kill me like Rodion asked, we'd have lost completely. Even that though was luck, Edoc filled me in on what Strike was so I only had hopes that he would execute when he saw what I was doing. I was surprised to see Violet vote for Rodion though, I thought we would have all had to be out to get a lynch.

Also... inactives screwed both sides over...
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby aage on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:48 am

strike wolf wrote:We never gifted vigs because honestly, we never trusted them not to vig us

This mainly. Plus, I was highly paranoid town was going to figure out the gifts were poisoned so they had to look good. Don't know if I ever said this to the team though. Also thanks for your compliments, but in my opinion I played horribly at least half the time and made some serious mistakes.

pancakemix wrote:GG everyone!

I'm amazed I never drew much fire the way I scummarined through this game. I had the benefit of not being on "the list", (which I seriously thought was going to do us in, wp to chap on that bluff) and once we saw the fakeclaim list, Joan of Arc popped out and was handed to me immediately. So even though I was forced to claim at the end, it would have take too long to put two and two together.

Definitely props to Chap. I never once even considered that his role might have been one-shot until he died. That clever bastard.
Last edited by aage on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:50 am

Fastposted,
jak111 wrote:Haha, that "roleblock" I first had I would have been recruited had lived long enough to use it. But I gotta say, glad to see I was right about Aage in my first life XD After that I was a bit worried the scum were falling apart when I came back. I think that last lynch was an all or nothing one. If saf decided to kill me like Rodion asked, we'd have lost completely. Even that though was luck, Edoc filled me in on what Strike was so I only had hopes that he would execute when he saw what I was doing. I was surprised to see Violet vote for Rodion though, I thought we would have all had to be out to get a lynch.

Also... inactives screwed both sides over...

Yes, you were an absolute pain before you died and an absolute asset after you revived ;)
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 am

aage wrote:
strike wolf wrote:We never gifted vigs because honestly, we never trusted them not to vig us

This mainly. Plus, I was highly paranoid town was going to figure out the gifts were poisoned so they had to look good. Don't know if I ever said this to the team though.

I believe you did. I was paranoid about it after Pancake claimed. I was pretty sure that by process of elimination if I died that night and town saw that mafia was still alive they would figure out that it had to be pancake, if they hadn't already figured it out.

Not sure if we're doing MVP but if I had to pick one from town it might actually have been Chap if he hadn't gone inactive. I guess since that's a disqualifier I will go with Rodion. For scum, I'm going to nominate Pancake. Always helpful in deciding night actions and for staying under the radar and not getting himself lynched/killed.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby F1fth on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:01 am

First, let me say good job to the scum team who played this game brilliantly. I am proud to say that I called out Strike long ago and PCM more recently and was completely right on both counts. This was also a wonderful setup so thank you Edocsil for that and for dealing with some of the roadbumps that plagued this game.

Now, that said there are unfortunatly a few things about this game that really left a sour taste in my mouth.

<rant>
1. Inactives/Modkills. If you think are going to be too busy to play at ANY point during the game... DON'T SIGN UP!!! If you aren't as interested if you're not a power role... DON'T SIGN UP!!! If you sign up... THEN PLAY THE WHOLE DAMN GAME!!! Doing anything else is extremely disrespectful to the mod and other players. Speaking of inactives, it's almost funny that Violet would drop a hasty vote on the last day and just leave it there. Once again burned by an inactive.

Another thing is to look at the spread of modkills. We have 5 killed town vs 1 killed convert that was about to be lynched. Not something that Edoc can control obviously but not really fair.

2. Chap's death. I used my one-shot power to protect Chap and the advantage of it was utterly destroyed by a modkill. Who knows how many more actions would have been throw his way? His death was an extraordinary advantage for the scum. My "power role" became as useful as a un-subvertable VT without my protection and it's a shame that something outside the game ruined it. Not really fair.

3. The mistake in the scene. I read that part about "six" angels at least two dozen times over the last two game days. I could not figure out how there could be eight angels with that statement staring me in the face. I actually had a post written out theorizing that there were actually eight angels but deleted it because I keep coming back to the statement about the six (plus one dead). Without it I would have gone after Strike with a vengeance (and I'm sure Rodion, Violet, Saf would have been right behind it). To only have it clarified immediately after the game is already over is really not fair.

Really, between the kills and the misinformation, Edocsil almost did more to help scum then they did themselves. It was fun that the game was kept so close but I felt like it was artificially so.

I think I am retiring from mafia here indefinitely. It's bullshit that people sign up again and again and just bail with impunity. It's why I went on my first hiatus and it will also be why I go on my last. Anyway, there's my bitchfest for better or worse. Agree or disagree, I'm sure you can see some truth in my words. If you want this community to survive, I would highly recommend to those that still remain to find a way to curb this issue.
</rant>

Again, thanks to Edoc and to those who actually played.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby rishaed on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:14 am

I would have loved to come back in the game. The only problem was that I couldn't >.>. That being said I feel that Modkills really did hurt Town, much more than it did Scum. I think that that more than anything made you guys say screw the list, seeing as you were at LYLO even knowing that there was 1 scum on it...
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby aage on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:23 pm

F1fth wrote:<rant>

Really, between the kills and the misinformation, Edocsil almost did more to help scum then they did themselves. It was fun that the game was kept so close but I felt like it was artificially so.

I think I am retiring from mafia here indefinitely. It's bullshit that people sign up again and again and just bail with impunity. It's why I went on my first hiatus and it will also be why I go on my last. Anyway, there's my bitchfest for better or worse. Agree or disagree, I'm sure you can see some truth in my words. If you want this community to survive, I would highly recommend to those that still remain to find a way to curb this issue.
</rant>

Again, thanks to Edoc and to those who actually played.

Modkills almost always only occur among townies. That is why we do not lynch them and ask for a modkill.
Edocsil did not drastically help us. He provided us with a list of names that weren't in the game already to fakeclaim, and only after Jonty died did he provide the converts with our names... whoever they were. We hadn't a clue who was converted and who wasn't between all the inactivity. I was actually under the impression that he helped town a lot, especially with several of the day/night scenes he posted. It seems it's a matter of perspective.

Also, I wanted to ask Strike, why did you claim busdriver?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby rishaed on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:26 pm

It was the only logical claim to save Soundman. I only realized after my lynch that it might have been a small mistake, since afterwards PCM was the only one off of "the list".

Postby aage on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:31 pm

rishaed wrote:It was the only logical claim to save Soundman. I only realized after my lynch that it might have been a small mistake, since afterwards PCM was the only one off of "the list".

Busdriver is a highly risky claim in my experience, though. When I saw it, I highly wondered whether it was worth it.

Of course, in the end it was, but still.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives