[Beta] The Conquer 500

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Conquer 500 [D GR GP XML Beta]

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:35 pm

Gilligan wrote:I can make those slight XML changes. (Increase neutral to 3, fix wording of that bonus)

You can't make a position limit based on the number of players. Once there's a limit, it's used for all games. Maybe we can try 1v1 with higher neutrals to see if that fixes it. If not we can impose a max position.

Interesting. I think we may want the higher numbers on 2 and 3 player games.

Who will need to sign off on us making these changes?

=D=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Postby Gilligan on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:39 pm

dolomite13 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:I can make those slight XML changes. (Increase neutral to 3, fix wording of that bonus)

You can't make a position limit based on the number of players. Once there's a limit, it's used for all games. Maybe we can try 1v1 with higher neutrals to see if that fixes it. If not we can impose a max position.

Interesting. I think we may want the higher numbers on 2 and 3 player games.

Who will need to sign off on us making these changes?

=D=

You, basically :P You can ask the GP carto ian for his input if you'd like.

My opinion, though, increase the neutrals and see how it goes. Maybe even lower the autodeploy to 2.

Maybe I was a bit unclear before - if you coded a max position of "3", it would give 3 positions for 2 player games, 2 positions for 3-4 player games, and 1 for 5-8.

if you coded a max position of "2", it would give 2 positions for 2-4 player games, and 1 for 5-8. Personally I think this is the better option if you were going to choose.
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 190
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (3)

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:50 pm

if we coded it for max positions "2" it would be 2 for 2-4 and 1 for 5-8?

I wonder if dumping the autdeploy entirely and bumping the car controls to 2 would be good. You are going to get 3 every turn and would have to choose rather than getting 3 auto and 3 more to play with.

=D=
Last edited by dolomite13 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Gilligan on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:51 pm

dolomite13 wrote:if we coded it for max positions "2" it would be 2 for 2-4 and 1 for 5-8?

I wonder if dumping the autdeploy entirely and bumping the car controls to 2 would be good. You are going to get 3 every turn and would have to choose rather than getting 3 auto and 3 more to play with.

=D=

So neutral 2s, no autodeploy, and max position of 2?
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (3)

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:53 pm

Gilligan wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:if we coded it for max positions "2" it would be 2 for 2-4 and 1 for 5-8?

=D=

I am thinking we need some sort of autodeploy ...

So lets try neutral 2s, autodeploy 2, and max position of 2?

I'll do a new graphic to reflect the lower autodeploy.

=D=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby Gilligan on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:54 pm

dolomite13 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

=D=

=D=

That sounds pretty good, I must have misunderstood you. Let's hear what others think about that!
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:56 pm

While I'm mucking around with graphics do you want me to do a graphic with the car conditions laid out a bit more spaced out so that the small map is easier to click on via the click maps addon thingy?

=D=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:57 pm

Gilligan wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

=D=

=D=

That sounds pretty good, I must have misunderstood you. Let's hear what others think about that!

You had it right but I changed my mind while you were writing your response ... hehe

I agree anyone have feedback on this?

=D=
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby Gilligan on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:01 pm

I think the small map is fine, haven't heard anything about clickie issues. If anything I could just push over Engine a few pixels instead of redoing graphics, but it wouldn't look as nice.
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Gilligan wrote:I think the small map is fine, haven't heard anything about clickie issues. If anything I could just push over Engine a few pixels instead of redoing graphics, but it wouldn't look as nice.
Lets not worry about it then =)
Cadet dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby nicestash on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:31 am

I love the map.

Btw, I'm not sure if this should go elsewhere, but the BOB list of bonuses has a spelling error "One Track Location in Each Segemnt (40)"
It should be spelled 'segment'
Major nicestash

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby nicestash on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:18 pm

I think I found a bug;

I'm getting the bonus: A Pit Tool and A Pit Jack and A Pit Engine (3)

And I don't have a pit tool or a pit jack

https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=12572671
Major nicestash

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby ender516 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:33 pm

Yes that has been reported and Gilligan has that in the latest XML that he posted. I hope that once the starting position questions have been resolved, these fixes will all be uploaded.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby Gormbroc on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:31 pm

White background makes it tough to read BOB, and given the unconventional attack routes, BOB is particularly useful.
Captain Gormbroc

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Swifte on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:39 pm

had a similiar thought to gormbroc.... particuarlly around the white area in each box for the cars. impossible to see the bob highlighting.
Major Swifte
Chatter
Chatter

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (31) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (7)

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps