Conquer Club

Dussle's Mixed Throwback Tourney [Winner: Genoke]

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Dussle's Mixed Throwback Tourney [Winner: Genoke]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:32 am

Dussle's Mixed Throwback Tourney
Original Thread: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=172983

It's been a loooong time since I've been on Conquer Club. I'm very glad to be back, but a lot has changed over the past couple years. To celebrate, I'd like to host a tournament mixed with one important catch. Welcome to:

Dussle's Mixed Throwback Tourney

I still don't know what a trench game is, fog of war, 1 vs 1, terminator, and assassin were all introduced during my first time on CC. My favorite maps are unused and I can hardly find them in the now enormous selection of maps, most of which were created after I left (and where the hell did the Middle Earth map run off to?) So I'd like a tournament on some of the best old maps without any of this new-fangled jazz. Can't wait to play with you all and I hope you enjoy it!

Here is how this will go...
All games will be sequential, no fog or trench, unlimited fortifications, automatic placement.
Note: This tournament, originally set for 60 people, has been REVISED for 50.

Round 1 - Terminator
Total players: 50 (10 groups of 5)
Number of Games: 4
Game Type: Terminator, Flat Rate, Five Player
Maps: Far East, British Isles, Africa, Ancient Greece
Winners: Top 3 in kills advance.

Round 2 - Win and You're In
Total Players: 30 (6 groups of 5)
Number of Games: 3
Game Type: 5 player, then 4, then 3, escalating
Maps: World 2.1, North America, USApocalypse
Winners: Each of these games is played in sequence, winner of each advances, the two who do not win a game are out.

Round 3 - Grab a Partner
Total Players: 18 (3 groups of 6)
Number of games: 1
Game type: 6 player doubles (teams randomly assigned), escalating.
Map: Europe
Winners: Winner of each round advances.

Round 4 - You Know the Drill
Total Players: 6
Number of games: 1
Game type: Standard, escalating
Map: Classic
Winner: Congratulations!
Last edited by anamainiacks on Sat May 04, 2013 3:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Tournament Updates

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:01 am

Round 4 - You Know the Drill
Game 12673096
theheadholes
Genoke - WINNER!!!
andypl0nd0n
adam666
MD212
Bolt Sarakai

Round 3 - Grab a Partner
show: Round 3

Round 2 - Win and You're In
show: Round 2

Round 1 - Terminator
show: Round 1
Last edited by anamainiacks on Sat May 04, 2013 2:58 am, edited 51 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Dussle's Mixed Throwback Tourney [Round 1]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:08 am

Update

Hoping to breath new life into the tournament! I'll be sending out the games and invites once I get the privileges. Flat Rate games could possibly drag on like they did in the previous set of games, but I'll still leave it as part of the tournament, since it's only the first round of the tournament which is affected by this.

Since tiebreaker conditions were not set in place by the previous TO, and I foresee many tied situations, the player with the smaller average placing in each game will be put through. Meaning between a player who got eliminated 3rd throughout and another player 4th throughout, the former player will go through to Round 2.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:31 pm

My apologies to those groups (1, 6, 7, 9, 10) where I had to resend the invites to new games. Players in the group have left CC, so I had to recreate the games with 4-players instead. As for Group 1, I accidentally dropped the game while scrolling through... sorry!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:10 am

Update

Four of the groups have moved on to Game 4 of Round 1, while 6 still remain on Game 3. All of them have at least 1 player eliminated though, and only 1 game still has more than 3 players left alive.

I plan to send out Game 4 to all remaining groups, once all freemiums have been eliminated from / have won Game 3, so we can speed things up for everyone!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Update

As the results from games continue streaming in, the players qualifying for Round 2 are beginning to firm up. In fact, only 5 groups have their qualifiers yet to be decided, with only 7 places actually still in contention. We'll see how things play out!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Game 12041031 is finished!

Guess who won?

:D :D :D
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:15 am

Update

That's strange, I thought I updated this previously... Ah well, looks like I might've closed without hitting submit!

Well anyway, only 2 groups still have the possibility of their leaderboard shuffling where it matters, as we await Group 7 and 10 to complete their games, and lock in the last 3 spots in the Round 2.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:44 am

Update

I've randomised the groupings for Round 2, spreading out the winners from previous groups to even out the playing field (though Standard games are a different ballgame altogether). I also made sure that no player ends up playing against the same person for 2 rounds in a row.

Sent out the games for those groups that aren't still waiting players from Round 1 to advance. Good luck!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Dussle's Mixed Throwback Tourney [Round 2]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:03 am

Update

All groupings for Round 2 are now set, and all players have been invited to their first game of the round.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:19 am

Update

It has come to my attention that these games seem to have a chance of becoming stack games, due to the high bonus values awarded at the start, which have made the cashing in of cards pretty useless for now. I'll continue to monitor the situation.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Update

The first game of Round 2 has been completed, with MD212 taking home the win in Group 1, after a stroke of luck with a card set with just 3 cards in hand.

Group 1 will move on to Game 2, and all games from henceforth will have a 50 Round limit to act as a safety net, should games go to a stalemate. It shouldn't affect much though, as all the games in the tournament thus far hasn't gotten anywhere close to 50 Rounds of play.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:48 am

Update

Round 2 is still moving along smoothly. 2 groups are already on their third and final game for the round, while 1 group still appears to be battling out to claim that first spot in their group. It sure is taking a while - more than a month now!

Be reminded that only 3 players per group will be moving on!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Update

Four of the groups have already completed all their games of Round 2. Only Group 2 and 3 are still battling for the spots in Round 3 - Group 2 is even still only on their 2nd game of the round.

Round 3 groupings will be created with games being sent out once Group 2 gets to their 3rd game, as I don't want to keep the other players waiting for so long!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:07 am

Update

Group 3 is finally done with their last game, as crazycolin claimed the last ticket from his group to Round 3!

Meanwhile, Group 2's second game is still going strong (unfortunately), with the stacks going up and down with each cash-in. Hopefully the game ends soon, because some of you guys have been waiting for over a month for the next game to start. But based on the current game and Group 2's previous game, you can be sure this will take a while. Come on guys! Escalating games shouldn't be stack games!

Anyway, like I said before, I'll only send out the games once Group 2 enters their third and last game for Round 2. Otherwise the groups with missing players will be starting too far behind the other groups in terms of timing.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Dussle's Mixed Throwback Tourney [Round 2&3]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:57 am

Update
Group 2 has finished their 2nd game! With that, king blaze books himself a spot in Round 3, while the battle for the very last spot commences once again.

As promised, Round 3 games have thus been created and sent. I didn't mean to send out the invites for Round 3 Group 2 since they're still missing a player, but I forgot about it... So hopefully you guys don't mind! I've allocated the groupings such that you won't be playing with or against any of the players from your group in the previous round. From there, Random.org assigned the pairings. Remember, ONLY the winning pair for Round 3 will progress to the finals!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby matoc on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:50 pm

how can i go in that game europe please ?
Private 1st Class matoc

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:27 pm

matoc wrote:how can i go in that game europe please ?

Hi, you seem to be new to the tournaments section of the site!

Well, you can't get into the Europe game because you aren't a participant in this tournament. However, if you'd like to join a tournament and play in the games that they offer, you can look at the list of tournaments looking for signups right now, at this link: http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=tournaments1

There are a wide variety of tournaments available for choosing, and I'm sure you'll find at least one to your liking (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Dussle's Mixed Throwback Tourney [Round 4]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:52 am

Update

With all the doubles games complete, we're finally in the last round of the tournament. Here we go - 6 players, winner takes all!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Genoke on Sat May 04, 2013 2:43 am

anamainiacks wrote:Update

With all the doubles games complete, we're finally in the last round of the tournament. Here we go - 6 players, winner takes all!

Game 12673096
i took it all! =D> :D
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby anamainiacks on Sat May 04, 2013 3:00 am

Genoke wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:Update

Game 12673096
i took it all! =D> :D

Indeed you did! All in a single turn (:

Congratulations to Genoke, the winner of the tournament!
Colonel anamainiacks

Return to Completed 2013