Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 92: 1-4-2013] Ribbit

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 92: 1-4-2013] Ribbit

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 92nd edition of the Dispatch :)

As the swirls of dust from the Pantheonic plethora swirl over my crawling skin I gaze blindly into the night. Is it there or not. Can it actually be a form appearing before my very eyes. The darkness is so dense that I am sure that my eyes are tricking me. If only I had listened to the multitude. If only I knew what I was looking at ... or it that I don't see because I know not what I want to see? If only there was a sign. A sign? A sign! That's it ... it's a sign! Too hard to make out the features in the gloom. Where's a carrot when you need one? Ah ... it's clearer now that I am closer to it. [Munches Easter carrot with uncharacteristic fervor.] What's this?

Well, it's whatever you want it to be! Read the Foundry for more details. But I positively tingle at the possibilities! Congrats CC, and koontz1973 and Seamus76 in particular, you've done us proud again. Something exciting indeed!

Despite being busted as a multi, DoomYoshi brings us updates on his rewards and challenges and has just managed to pay penance accordingly - he even gets a promotion to Suggs manager to boot! safariguy5 brings us an update in the world of Mafia Wars and the long-anticipated interview of denthefrog - ooh-la-la! Leehar's team updates us on the world of clans - thanks Ickyketseddie and qwert and check out Swifte's new Movers and Shakers column. Dukasaur's team, running low on writers, brings us what could be one of the last instalments in the Tourney world - read the shock explanation but enjoy DaveH and anamainiacks's articles all the same! Finally, there is the usual mindblowing entertainment from koontz1973's team in the Foundry - with the man himself bringing a ton of updates and another competition supported by generalhead and Seamus76. If there nothing there for you then we are indeed sorry, not for us but for you! In the words of Khalil Gibran:

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Enjoy the fruit of our labouring fingers!

thehippo8
Chief Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Welcome back Freestylers. We have another edition of the Scum Insider, DoomYoshi fills us in on his eponymous awards and monthly challenges, and denthefrog talks about SoC, KORT girls, and being French.
You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

Yoshi Awards Update by DoomYoshi
show

Monthly Challenge Update by Doomyoshi
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of denthefrog

Ahoy Mateys, we've got a veritable cornucopia of articles today, from the wheeling & dealing in recruitment, updates on the All-Comers Cup & Clan League Competitions, as well as a survey on one of the great questions for Clans today, esprit de corps!

Leehar
Clan Executive

Clan Movers and Shakers - March 2013 by Swifte
show

ACC2 Update by Ickyketseddie
show

CL5 Results and Table by qwert
show

Hello again my friends. Usually I say "and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, War Games, where you can find information about CC Tournaments!" Unfortunately, I'm afraid I can't quite bring myself to present such a cheery front. It's my sad duty to report to you that the Tournament world on CC might soon be a thing of the past.

Just in the last few days, the new owners of CC have decided that the Tournaments database is absorbing too many server resources, and with no revenues to counterbalance the costs, is pure deadweight loss to CC. Furthermore, the running of free tournaments is a distraction from the serious business of promoting the Conquer Cup. Therefore, over the next few months the Tournaments Department will be dismantled, and only pay-to-play tournaments like the Conquer Cup will be permitted.

To all the people whom I have had the pleasure of playing with in CC Tournaments over the last two years I bid adieu. Thanks for the memories! Oh, and by the way,
show

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: League Tournaments - part 4

TPA3 Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by anamainiacks
show

Welcome to what is surely a bumper edition from the foundry. The last two issues have brought you only me. Well after a call out, I would like to introduce the dispatches two newest reporters. KingRat and CNGT. Both are very eager and I look forward to reading what they can come up with over the coming months. As normal, we bring you a run down of what maps are where in the foundry, lots of news this issue and a poem from generalhead. We say goodbye to the competitions but do not dispare. Please read on past our brand new header. The Great Community Map Project is finally on us.

koontz1973 -- Foundry Executive

News
show

Maps in Development. koontz1973
show

Thank you Friends of the Map Foundry by generalhead
show

Foundry Dispatch Competition
show

In the beginning their was only classic.
..........A player stood up and shouted. ..............I want more.
..............So we in the foundry will give you more.Image

The Great community map project. The Idea By Seamus76
show

The Great community map project. The Start
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of HighlanderAttack. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with HighlanderAttack

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to thehippo8 and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 92: 1-4-2013] Ribbit

Postby SimplyObsessed on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Before I spend time reading that, is it an april fools? Yawn.
Corporal 1st Class SimplyObsessed

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:22 pm

SimplyObsessed wrote:Before I spend time reading that, is it an april fools? Yawn.

Nope ... but good question!!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:09 am

Anyone wondering if the foundry section has an April Fools in it?

Answer is no.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 am

koontz1973 wrote:Anyone wondering if the foundry section has an April Fools in it?

Answer is no.

I believe nobody currently on staff is named April.

:P
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:27 am

Dukasaur wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:Anyone wondering if the foundry section has an April Fools in it?

Answer is no.

Ha Ha, hilarious. My sides are splitting.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But if you are called April, join us. ;)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:08 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Answer is no.

Ha Ha, hilarious. My sides are splitting.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But if you are called April, join us. ;)

I was April in a past life :roll:
ImageImageImage
show

Return to Newsletter Issues