Conquer Club

NAFT Games

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Do you like this type of game?

Total votes : 0

NAFT Games

Postby Eddygp on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:38 am

Well, I am tending to prefer NAFT games (Nuclear, Adjacent, Fog and Trench) over other settings, but as far as I've read in the forum, most people dislike or even hate each of these settings separately, so the vast majority will not like all of these options together either. I like these settings because they are realistic; in a real war there is a lack of communication between the belligerents, you cannot actually reinforce many troops to a very faraway place even if the path they take belongs to you, and you can't keep attacking from a territory to another and another (well, in WWII, in the Pacific Front, General Douglas McArthur did design a new tactic in Micronesia which allowed them to move faster in this area... let's pretend we didn't know :-$ ). Nuclear spoils are fairly unrealistic, but I liked the setting as well. Flat Rate Spoils would probably be the most realistic there.
I've just thought about creating this topic and poll to check if most people dislike these settings or if it is just a prejudice I made.
Private Eddygp

Re: NAFT Games

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:54 am

I'm a fan of North American Free Trade.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Eddygp on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Uh lol. Actually, it would be NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement). But what do you think about the settings for a game though?
Private Eddygp

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:03 pm

To hell with the Agreement!

Having signed the non-proliferation treaty, I must refrained from acquiring nuclear spoils.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Eddygp on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Oh... anyway, play Three Kingdoms of Korea.
Private Eddygp

Return to Conquer Club Discussion