Conquer Club

AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Favorite Character Past and Current Season?

Rick
7%
Lori
2%
Carl
2%
Andrea
No votes
Dale
3%
T-Dog
No votes
Carol
5%
Hershel
2%
Glenn
7%
Maggie
No votes
Beth
2%
Daryl
44%
Merle
3%
Morgan
2%
Shane
5%
Michonne
15%
The Governor
No votes
Milton
No votes
Tyrese
No votes
Sasha
2%

Total votes : 59

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:03 am

zombies pull off yet another stealth move and end up killing Merle
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:55 am

1. Rick: "Meryl, I'm promoting you to the inner circle."
2. Meryl: "LOLWUT!? On the message boards they were saying Glenn was in the inner circle."
3. Maggie and Carl play zombie tag.
4. Daryl: "Oh, hey Glenn - has Meryl apologized for sodomizing you yet?"
5. Bible Time
6. Glenn announces he and Maggie are engaged. They're registered at the half-looted 7-11 up the road.
7. Walkers try to get a lift from Meryl.
8. Rick: "Glenn - you're back in the inner circle."
9. Daryl: "Tee hee, Meryl, stay away! *giggle* Tee hee! *giggle* NO SERIOUS - STAY THE f*ck AWAYYYYYYYY!"
10. roll credits
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby new guy1 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Army of GOD wrote:zombies pull off yet another stealth move and end up killing Merle

Wasnt the zombies, Im guessing since he was shot in the chest he bled out and came back since I didnt see any bites on him. He looked almost sad in zombie form. Like he could be a friendly fellow... If he werent just eating the guts of his foes.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:04 pm

new guy1 wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:zombies pull off yet another stealth move and end up killing Merle

Wasnt the zombies, Im guessing since he was shot in the chest he bled out and came back since I didnt see any bites on him. He looked almost sad in zombie form. Like he could be a friendly fellow... If he werent just eating the guts of his foes.

No, I know he didn't actually die from the zombie, but the surprise-zombie attack made it so that he was found out.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby ThatDogFenton on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:04 pm

strike wolf wrote:
[spoiler]Herschel dies. Realizing he's dead weight with only one leg, he possibly volunteers for a suicide position.

Have to disagree on this one. Herschel isn't physically all that useful, but he's the only one of them with formal medical training (he was a vet, correct?), which makes him one of the super-elite of remaining humanity.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby strike wolf on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:37 am

True. To be honest, him dying may be more hopeful thinking. I don't hate him as a character but I'm unsure I like the idea that they have a doctor and I'd like him to go out in a big way if he does go out. Not like Dale who was taken down by a random walker...
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:23 am

strike wolf wrote:True. To be honest, him dying may be more hopeful thinking. I don't hate him as a character but I'm unsure I like the idea that they have a doctor and I'd like him to go out in a big way if he does go out. Not like Dale who was taken down by a random walker...

If they get rid of him, then I hope it is in a huge way like the comics (if I remember correctly).

...................................................................................................#GCCH
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:26 pm

Woo hoo I finally like something Andrea did :D

Season 4: Prisonbury ....
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:18 pm

Of course she went out the kill yourself way, which I dont know why she would. Its totally overated and if there is an afterlife then she will never see her sister again AND she gets to live in hell again. Im sure the governor is going to be back even though the governor will probably kill the other two, or maybe the other two will come back to the prison, beg to get in and become part of the team. I didnt realize Ricks group was the new AARP, and I am sure all those old people know how to use their guns properly. Way to go listening to your son Rick, now you're gonna have to move out of the prison, I hope you dont waste too much space with the canes, walkers and not to mention the old people. Alongside that and the fact that nobody else in your group ended up dying, so thats gotta be pretty great.

Just some thoughts that went through my head this episode.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:39 am

Best scene in this episode was when the Governor shoots everyone and then is all like "aight, so who wants to ride up in front here with me?" and Martinez and Shumpert are like "uhhhh ..."
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby ThatDogFenton on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:45 am

new guy1 wrote:Of course she went out the kill yourself way, which I dont know why she would. Its totally overated and if there is an afterlife then she will never see her sister again AND she gets to live in hell again.

No, she may not be going to YOUR version of an afterlife. There are plenty of religions in which suicide does not prohibit one from moving on to the next level, whether that be an afterlife, reincarnation, or what have you. Did she ever say which religion she practices?

new guy1 wrote:I didnt realize Ricks group was the new AARP, and I am sure all those old people know how to use their guns properly.

Oh, that's being a bit harsh, don't you think? In my area, many people go hunting well into their 60's, 70's and 80's. Age isn't the factor when it comes to being able to shoot a gun - it's a) skill, b) training, and c) physical capability. Most older people, while perhaps a bit arthritic and in need of bifocals, are still entirely able to wield a gun, and may just be in need of training to do so.

Also, don't forget the practical knowledge and skill sets that older people may have. My grandmother and her friends all knew things like how to can food for the winter, how to knit, etc. In that world, those kinds of skills are currently a lot more valuable than accounting, computer programming, etc.. And look at Herschel - I recently pointed out that his formal medical training makes him one of the most valuable human beings left alive, and yet he was/is the oldest member of the group.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:49 am

can someone catch me up of what happened after all the old people got off the bus?
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby patches70 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:02 am

crazymilkshake5 wrote:can someone catch me up of what happened after all the old people got off the bus?

Haha! The putlocker and sockshare links always kept stopping there near the end didn't they? Started replaying from earlier in the episode.

Rick tells Carl that all these new people will be joining the group. Carl grumbles angrily. Rick looks where he sees Lori all the time and she isn't there anymore. Shot changes to a grave out in the yard, presumably Lori's grave as if her ghost has finally left Rick alone.

That's it. You didn't miss anything important.
Private patches70

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:05 am

crazymilkshake5 wrote:can someone catch me up of what happened after all the old people got off the bus?

Rick ordered them to engage in gladitorial bouts in the prison courtyard for the amusement of Carl. Then Carl married Beth before also taking Maggie as his second wife and forcing Glenn to work as his manservant. Right at the end, the Commander of the Georgia State Police showed up and told Rick the whole zombie outbreak was just an elaborate test to see if Rick should be offered a job as the new Asst. Director for Pedestrian Education Programs. Apparently Season 4 is going to take place in an elementary school and focus on Rick instructing 4th graders on the "Look Both Ways" technique for safe street crossings.

Oh, and Beth sings a bluegrass song.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby tkr4lf on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:10 am

So glad Andrea died.
Major tkr4lf

Postby patches70 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:22 am

saxitoxin wrote:

Rick ordered them to engage in gladitorial bouts in the prison courtyard for the amusement of Carl. Then Carl married Beth before also taking Maggie as his second wife and forcing Glenn to work as his manservant. Right at the end, the Commander of the Georgia State Police showed up and told Rick the whole zombie outbreak was just an elaborate test to see if Rick should be offered a job as the new Asst. Director for Pedestrian Education Programs. Apparently Season 4 is going to take place in an elementary school and focus on Rick instructing 4th graders on the "Look Both Ways" technique for safe street crossings.

And it's just been announced, AMC is cancelling The Walking Dead. I guess we'll never learn how Rick fared teaching children how to cross the street. A shame really, could have been some really high drama.
Private patches70

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:26 am

patches70 wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

And it's just been announced, AMC is cancelling The Walking Dead. I guess we'll never learn how Rick fared teaching children how to cross the street. A shame really, could have been some really high drama.

No, it's still happening - but he's been replaced with a chicken.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby ThatDogFenton on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:21 pm

saxitoxin wrote:

Aaaaaaand that made my day :D gave myself hiccups from laughing so hard.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby maxfaraday on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Anyone noticed how Carl looks like Daryl? I mean the face... He's Daryl's son, not Rick's.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby strike wolf on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:13 am

I had assumed that the grave was supposed to be Andrea's (after they had buried her). So I kind of was a bit disappointed with this episode. I liked it more or less but it didn't feel like a finale to me. It felt more like a penultimate season finale. Rick's Group fends off the initial onslaught from the enemy but the enemy gets away, the enemy's group gets their first good view of just how crazy their leader is, the leader escapes with a small crew of loyals, silently swearing revenge. I didn't feel like much was resolved. The prison is still relatively intact (In fact the governor did them a favor helping clear out some of the walkers), only one character on Rick's side died and the governor's still alive. All that's really been established is that Rick's group got a lot bigger and Woodsbury is pretty much no more.

I think it's kind of harsh on talking about her suicide there. I mean you're angle seems pretty black and white. I know what's been said about suicide and it being an unforgivable sin. I actually feel she made a wise choice. No it didn't have to be her to finish it but it had to be done and I can understand what she was feeling in that moment, like she finally had a chance to do something right.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:20 pm

I mean, I know not everyone believes that, not even I do, but I feel like someone else should have done it because I dont see any importance in her doing i herself.

Edit- Those old people were at Woodbury because they could not use guns and so could not help in the offense against the prison, therefore, I feel I can assume they cant use guns properly. I know people who are getting up there in age who still shoot guns, so I know it can be possible... I just dont think it is possible here. Also, maybe he took all these people in because he mixed the "you have to kill people" from his son with the "you cant just keep turning people away" from Hershel.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby patches70 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Heh, I don't think Andrea should have offed herself when there were other people there to do it for her.

I think it is in the book World War Z, in Russia people who'd been bitten and were going to turn soon were killing themselves. Noble, surely, until a Russian Orthodox priest witnessed those people killing themselves and would have none of it. After that it was the duty of the priests to off the soon to be walking dead, to preserve the immortal souls of the soon to be departed.

Of course, if it were me and I was about to become a zombie, I'd off myself first. When I saw God I would explain that I couldn't allow myself to turn and end up killing even more people. It wouldn't be suicide, it'd be sacrifice. I think God would understand.....
That being said, if someone else were around I'd have them do it for me before I'd do it myself. But alone and with no other choice one would have to do it themselves.
Andrea wasn't alone, Michonne or Rick shouldn't have let her off herself. One of them should have done it.
Private patches70

Postby crispybits on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:47 pm

I can't believe we're having a religious debate about a zombie TV show...
Major crispybits

Postby Ray Rider on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:02 pm

patches70 wrote:Heh, I don't think Andrea should have offed herself when there were other people there to do it for her.

I think it is in the book World War Z, in Russia people who'd been bitten and were going to turn soon were killing themselves. Noble, surely, until a Russian Orthodox priest witnessed those people killing themselves and would have none of it. After that it was the duty of the priests to off the soon to be walking dead, to preserve the immortal souls of the soon to be departed.

Of course, if it were me and I was about to become a zombie, I'd off myself first. When I saw God I would explain that I couldn't allow myself to turn and end up killing even more people. It wouldn't be suicide, it'd be sacrifice. I think God would understand.....
That being said, if someone else were around I'd have them do it for me before I'd do it myself. But alone and with no other choice one would have to do it themselves.
Andrea wasn't alone, Michonne or Rick shouldn't have let her off herself. One of them should have done it.

+1 Agreed on principle, since I can't say I know what the eternal repercussions of suicide would be. Didn't the Jews commit suicide en masse during the Roman siege of Masada? It would be interesting to hear the Jewish view on the subject.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby maxfaraday on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,