Conquer Club

Conquer Cup VI

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Conquer Cup VI

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Conquer Cup VI

Link to registration: http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=cup1

The Conquer Cup VI is NOW OPEN for registration!

For this ConquerCup, we will be having the players of ConquerClub vote on some of the settings! Certain things to retain appeal will stay the same (The map will remain Classic, for example), but we have some options! I've posted polls in the General Discussion forum to gather data on what the next Cup will be like! Vote away!

Secondly, there are some price and prize changes. Already have an iPad? Not a fan of Apple products? Great! Now, ConquerClub, we will be offering some pretty killer prizes to choose from instead of the same ole' iPad (just kidding, the iPad is still an option ;)). The prizes are all detailed with links below:

Also, to add to all of this prize madness, any paid entry will credit your account with 3 Free Months of premium!

Now, with great prizes comes great responsibility. To account for all of this influx of mega-awesome prizes, we will be raising the price to a mere $7 per entry. Worth it, you ask? Yes. Yes it is.

Other than that, Conquer Cup VI will have 640 participants, first come first served. The Conquer Cup is fully automated, which means the games will automatically be created and players will be automatically matched and placed into games (and no, for those wondering, it will not be like Conquer Cup V :)).

Good luck to you all, and may the games polling begin!

|| Spoils || Reinforcements || Special Gameplay ||*

BMO

*Note: Polls will be closed in a week. At that time, the Conquer Cup will be launched with the most voted settings.

*Note: The polls have been closed! Fog of War will be added to our traditional Cup Settings

Edit: You can still pay with 500 credits, however, if you do this, you will not receive the 3 months of premium membership.
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Re: Conquer Cup VI

Postby aphirox on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:35 am

Maybe it's just me, but I would rather have a year of free membership than any of the semifinalist prizes.
Corporal aphirox

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:37 am

All ready registered and voted. That risk board is the same one I have, opened and played on. But glad to see lots of prizes.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby TheSaxlad on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:12 pm

My gad. The prizes just get better...

The Ipad, the phone or the camera... choices choices *slaps self.*

Youve got to win first saxy...
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby maxfaraday on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Looks like a really good deal to me... 3 months of premium membership is actually worth $6.25, so that makes 7*4 = 28 bucks for a year of premium PLUS entry to the CC cups (assuming it's held ~every 3 months).
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Ace Rimmer on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:40 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Also, to add to all of this prize madness, any paid entry will credit your account with 3 Free Months of premium!

Now, with great prizes comes great responsibility. To account for all of this influx of mega-awesome prizes, we will be raising the price to a mere $7 per entry. Worth it, you ask? Yes. Yes it is.

I don't care, but this is a great option and I want to applaud you for offering less than a year membership option.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:33 pm

i suck at apple products, but do you mean that the ipad retina is better than the ipad 3 you've sent me? oh my gosh, so i need to register to get the latest apple product again? and are you telling me there will be an even newer ipad for conquer cup VII? i'm freakin doomed, this will just never end!!!
Major betiko

Postby Gilligan on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:48 pm

betiko wrote:i suck at apple products, but do you mean that the ipad retina is better than the ipad 3 you've sent me? oh my gosh, so i need to register to get the latest apple product again? and are you telling me there will be an even newer ipad for conquer cup VII? i'm freakin doomed, this will just never end!!!

I think it's the same...but nonetheless, if there's a newer ipad for conquer cup VII, it's not CC's fault. It's apple making newer and new ipads. I'm still using an ipad 2 and am quite content.
Captain Gilligan

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Gilligan wrote:
betiko wrote:i suck at apple products, but do you mean that the ipad retina is better than the ipad 3 you've sent me? oh my gosh, so i need to register to get the latest apple product again? and are you telling me there will be an even newer ipad for conquer cup VII? i'm freakin doomed, this will just never end!!!

I think it's the same...but nonetheless, if there's a newer ipad for conquer cup VII, it's not CC's fault. It's apple making newer and new ipads. I'm still using an ipad 2 and am quite content.

thanks gilli, I always thought apple created new ipads specially for the newest conquer cup and that we had to throw away the previous models because they had replacements! ;)
Major betiko

Postby Gilligan on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:26 pm

Many people do that :shock:
Captain Gilligan

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Dayum. I might join Conquer Cup for the first time

Just a suggestion, thought it is probably impossible, especially impossible for this Cup

Maybe if there was a way for only those who registered to vote.. Not that it matter much, just that I know I am voting, but I might not necessarily play. Seems a little weird if a setting wins when voted by players who don't even play

But that's a minor critisism and doesn't change anything, this is still an awesome idea! Plus three more months of membership can't go wrong there!!
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Butters1919 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:30 pm

It might get me back into participation. Although my biggest concern is that they rectify the clear problems with CCV. Namely, not starting with enough players to have the tournament properly play itself out. How is that situation going to be resolved?!
Cook Butters1919

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Gilligan wrote:Many people do that :shock:

yup, was kind of a criticism of all that. iphone5, a revolution, seriously? change all docking systems for iphone/ipad/itouch/ipood/ipeed for biz and still people queuing every year for the latest "revolutionary" product that is just a minor update of the previous, and assembled by suiciding chineese at foxcon who can't keep up the pace.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:36 pm

Butters1919 wrote:It might get me back into participation. Although my biggest concern is that they rectify the clear problems with CCV. Namely, not starting with enough players to have the tournament properly play itself out. How is that situation going to be resolved?!

that one is a massive fail.
Major betiko

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:41 pm

Yes the only reason I have an Ipod 5 is because I didn't have an Ipod 4. Or 3. Or 2. Just the original. If I had any of the others I might never have thought about 5. But anyway.
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby TheSaxlad on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:21 am

Butters1919 wrote:It might get me back into participation. Although my biggest concern is that they rectify the clear problems with CCV. Namely, not starting with enough players to have the tournament properly play itself out. How is that situation going to be resolved?!

By bringing back me? :P

Seriously though you could bring back some random players who lost in r2+3 to fill the gaps? Kinda like the Xfactor thing they did when that guy did weed/sex and they kicked him off the show?
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby SimplyObsessed on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:33 am

If I join with conquer credits will I get the 3 months premium?
Corporal 1st Class SimplyObsessed

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:14 am

SimplyObsessed wrote:If I join with conquer credits will I get the 3 months premium?

No, you will not. Only purchases with Worldpay (credit card) will get you 3 months. Soon, it will also work on PayPal (something we are resolving with paypal).

Edit: You can still pay with 500 credits, however, if you do this, you will not receive the 3 months of premium membership.

BMO

Postby SimplyObsessed on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:08 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
SimplyObsessed wrote:If I join with conquer credits will I get the 3 months premium?

No, you will not. Only purchases with Worldpay (credit card) will get you 3 months. Soon, it will also work on PayPal (something we are resolving with paypal).

BMO

Oh that's a shame, i joined all of the other CCs with conquer credits but now it seems somewhat not worth it even though what i'd get is effectively the same. lol
Corporal 1st Class SimplyObsessed

Postby walkerlad09 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:33 am

i've paid with paypal and did not receive my premium...will it automatically be added once the paypal issue is resolved?
Cook walkerlad09

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 am

walkerlad09 wrote:

i've paid with paypal and did not receive my premium...will it automatically be added once the paypal issue is resolved?

Possibly. Once it's fixed, I'll let you know here, and if you're not premium I'll encourage you and all others to file an e-ticket to claim that 3 months.

BMO

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:41 am

I've never played a Conquer Cup before. Is it 1v1 games only?

Or can I team-up and fight my teammate to the death for our prize?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Gilligan on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:46 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:I've never played a Conquer Cup before. Is it 1v1 games only?

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=cup1
Captain Gilligan

Postby sdh on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:57 am

If I pay to enter will I get the 3 months premium instantly?
Colonel sdh

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:05 am

Gilligan wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:I've never played a Conquer Cup before. Is it 1v1 games only?

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=cup1

Thanks. These days I only see My Games, Game Finder, Inbox, Wall, and Control Panel. It takes great, willful determination to achieve this level of narrow-mindedness.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Next

Return to Announcement Archives