Conquer Club

Latest crazy map from the foundry

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Latest crazy map from the foundry

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Symmetry wrote:I woulds suggest leaving it open for discussion.

Why? You clearly don't want to discuss and no one else is taking your position in this thread, so...

MODERATORS - LOCK THIS THREAD!
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:56 pm

thegreekdog wrote:

Why? You clearly don't want to discuss and no one else is taking your position in this thread, so...

Can you back up that argument? Or are you bullying?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Butters1919 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:16 pm

I think reading through the posts would actually support his claim that no-one is taking your position. Although I don't think locking it is necessary just yet....
Cook Butters1919

Postby TeeGee on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Any recommendations to change a map MUST go through its thread in the foundry. Discussion can happen in GD, but it will not have any bearing on how the final map will look. Symmetry, if you feel this strongly, I suggest you go to the maps thread and leave your thoughts there :)

Play nice and have a great morning/day/afternoon/evening/night (depending on your location)
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Can you back up that argument? Or are you bullying?

I can back up the argument that the discussion is over. No one in this thread has taken your position. Erego, if you are not willing to discuss my perfectly reasonable post vis-a-vis the map which was in response to your perfectly reasonable post vis-a-vis the map, the discussion is over as there is no one left to discuss your point.

It's like if you were a plaintiff in a civil suit and decided not to participate in depositions. The case would be dismissed.

My position has little to do with my like or dislike for you personally. And I don't want to devolve into "TGD hates me and is now accusing me of diverting the discussion" so I'm just going to leave it as - I answered your point, you haven't returned the answer, the discussion is over, and we can all move on to better things (fyi to readers - those better things happen in Off Topics, not General Discussions).

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:ITT, Symmetry remains devoid of historical context.

Looking forward to your response to Doc_Brown.

Meh- If the aim of the map, as stated by the map, is to fulfill "God's prophecy", what can I say to Doc when he asks how is the map overtly religious?

Maybe you misread his post.

1) The aim of the map is overtly religious. DB agrees. It's religious--like the 12 tribes of Israel, God's prophecy, etc. as the story goes.
2) The aim of the map is overtly political. DB disagrees.

What do you mean by '[i]overtly[/] religious'?

How exactly is the aim of the map overtly political?

The map claims all of the territories as Israel as "God's prophecy".

When does the setting of the map take place? Today or thousands of years ago?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I went and re-read the caption on the map and I'll admit the wording is a little heavy handed. You could probably just tweak it a little and everyone would be happy as it does read as slightly "charged" as it stands.

Which part is "charged" or "heavy-handed"?

Well particularly the "According to God's prophecy" and "tear them apart and leave a valley of bones" bits could probably be toned down. It just sounds a bit extreme and the same energy could be conveyed without sounding so "challenging", if you know what I mean?
I personally don't have a problem with it but I could see how someone might be a little offended by the wording.

No sh*t.

You're offended at the mentioning of destroying one's enemies on a ConquerClub map?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Lootifer on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:23 pm

I personally take issue with the highly contentious arsonist in City Mogul; HOW DARE THEY BOMBARD PERFECTLY ECONOMICAL SHOPS IF THEY SO CHOOSE!

Jeez Sym does you idiotic pedantry know no bounds?
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby tkr4lf on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:53 pm

Lootifer wrote:I personally take issue with the highly contentious arsonist in City Mogul; HOW DARE THEY BOMBARD PERFECTLY ECONOMICAL SHOPS IF THEY SO CHOOSE!

Jeez Sym does you idiotic pedantry know no bounds?

lol
Major tkr4lf

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:28 pm

TeeGee wrote:Any recommendations to change a map MUST go through its thread in the foundry.

Told him that on pages 1 & 2 but a bad dog never knows when to quit chewing. He obviously does not care about the map as he has not posted there yet. All Symmetry is is full of hot air.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:33 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
TeeGee wrote:Any recommendations to change a map MUST go through its thread in the foundry.

Told him that on pages 1 & 2 but a bad dog never knows when to quit chewing. He obviously does not care about the map as he has not posted there yet. All Symmetry is is full of troll hair.

Fixed.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:39 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:

Told him that on pages 1 & 2 but a bad dog never knows when to quit chewing. He obviously does not care about the map as he has not posted there yet. All Symmetry is is full of Image.

Fixed.

Thank you. Fixed again though.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby jsnyder748 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:14 am

the crazier the better.
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby Night Strike on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:31 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I went and re-read the caption on the map and I'll admit the wording is a little heavy handed. You could probably just tweak it a little and everyone would be happy as it does read as slightly "charged" as it stands.

Well particularly the "According to God's prophecy" and "tear them apart and leave a valley of bones" bits could probably be toned down. It just sounds a bit extreme and the same energy could be conveyed without sounding so "challenging", if you know what I mean?
I personally don't have a problem with it but I could see how someone might be a little offended by the wording.

The "According to God's prophecy" part would be relevant to a map discussing uniting the tribes of Israel and Judah considering God is their god, so I don't see how there would be issues with that (aside from the people who don't believe God exists, but that question is irrelevant to this map). As for the other part....sure it's strong language, but we know there are people in this world who want to do much more than that to the modern day version of the united Israel, so it seems relevant to me.

Of course, I'm also a person who thinks banning swastikas on maps of World War II Germany is dumb, and the quote on this map doesn't even come close to as contentious as swastikas.
Major Night Strike

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:39 am

Night Strike wrote:
The "According to God's prophecy" part would be relevant to a map discussing uniting the tribes of Israel and Judah considering God is their god, so I don't see how there would be issues with that (aside from the people who don't believe God exists, but that question is irrelevant to this map). As for the other part....sure it's strong language, but we know there are people in this world who want to do much more than that to the modern day version of the united Israel, so it seems relevant to me.

Of course, I'm also a person who thinks banning swastikas on maps of World War II Germany is dumb, and the quote on this map doesn't even come close to as contentious as swastikas.

Ok NS, I'll put it in a different light. How would you react to a map based on the crucifixion?
This map is borderline sacrilegious and I think that's what's not sitting right with me.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:32 am

Night Strike wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Just you know, throwing this out there - It's a fucking map on a fucking Risk website.

Postby Commander62890 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:25 am

I agree with this, but I don't think anyone cares about it enough to actually go to the foundry and suggest it.

And by the way, Sym made it perfectly clear that he has no intention of going there, and rightfully so. He doesn't play the game, so why care about changing a map? He just wanted to discuss the implications of what he thought was a controversial wording. It's not his fault this was brought over to GD - if this was left in OT, it would all be good. At the same time, I'm not blaming whomever brought it over from OT; he was just doing his job. Maybe there should be more leniency in the enforcement of those rules... like taking into account who the OP is and what his intentions are.
Major Commander62890

Postby Symmetry on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:58 am

Commander62890 wrote:

I agree with this, but I don't think anyone cares about it enough to actually go to the foundry and suggest it.

And by the way, Sym made it perfectly clear that he has no intention of going there, and rightfully so. He doesn't play the game, so why care about changing a map? He just wanted to discuss the implications of what he thought was a controversial wording. It's not his fault this was brought over to GD - if this was left in OT, it would all be good. At the same time, I'm not blaming whomever brought it over from OT; he was just doing his job. Maybe there should be more leniency in the enforcement of those rules... like taking into account who the OP is and what his intentions are.

Aye, like I said, I would have preferred it remain where I posted it. Shigata ga nai.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:57 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Just you know, throwing this out there - It's a fucking map on a fucking Risk website.

Yeah that notion has aleady been covered by Tkr4lf.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Symmetry on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Yeah that notion has aleady been covered by Tkr4lf.

Indeed, the poll is odd though. Possibly a result of the move. I don't think even the foundry peeps would have gone for the option without change quite so vehemently.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Night Strike on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:37 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Ok NS, I'll put it in a different light. How would you react to a map based on the crucifixion?
This map is borderline sacrilegious and I think that's what's not sitting right with me.

I probably wouldn't have any issue with a crucifixion map either. If maps are based on historical events or places, I want them to be as accurate as possible. Whether they're controversial or not is irrelevant to me as long as they're accurate. Sometimes people can learn most from topics they believe are controversial.

Symmetry wrote:Indeed, the poll is odd though. Possibly a result of the move. I don't think even the foundry peeps would have gone for the option without change quite so vehemently.

Because the question of your poll does not match the premise of your thread. If we're only voting on changing the map based on your premise, then I disagree with you and would have voted Yes (I have not voted and won't). If we're talking about the actual map itself, I DO think it needs some changes.....but those changes have nothing to do with your thread. So why would I lend credence to your false premise by voting in your thread saying that some changes are necessary?
Major Night Strike

Postby Symmetry on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

I probably wouldn't have any issue with a crucifixion map either. If maps are based on historical events or places, I want them to be as accurate as possible. Whether they're controversial or not is irrelevant to me as long as they're accurate. Sometimes people can learn most from topics they believe are controversial.

Symmetry wrote:Indeed, the poll is odd though. Possibly a result of the move. I don't think even the foundry peeps would have gone for the option without change quite so vehemently.

Because the question of your poll does not match the premise of your thread. If we're only voting on changing the map based on your premise, then I disagree with you and would have voted Yes (I have not voted and won't). If we're talking about the actual map itself, I DO think it needs some changes.....but those changes have nothing to do with your thread. So why would I lend credence to your false premise by voting in your thread saying that some changes are necessary?

You can always vote kittens.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:47 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:

Told him that on pages 1 & 2 but a bad dog never knows when to quit chewing. He obviously does not care about the map as he has not posted there yet. All Symmetry is is full of troll hair.

Fixed.

Weren't you banned for trolling me?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:54 am

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:

Fixed.

Sym, there's no need for you to troll the denizens of CC.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:07 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:

Fixed.

Sym, there's no need for you to troll the denizens of CC.

So yeah- you were banned for trolling me. In a way that gave other people nightmares.
Sergeant Symmetry

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion