Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #26]

Postby jcarter1 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:05 am

looks like this will end very soon :)
Major jcarter1
SoC Training Adviser

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:05 am

jcarter1 wrote:looks like this will end very soon :)

Yes, finally! About time it did! :P
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby jcarter1 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:04 pm

i didnt check this forum in a good while and never noticed your updates. Thanks for doing these. Fun to read back on them (probably only because I am leading again now :P)
Major jcarter1
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jcarter1 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:02 am

why was there a game created with dean and me when there is still a chance that this will not be needed anymore this tournament?
Major jcarter1
SoC Training Adviser

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:18 am

jcarter1 wrote:why was there a game created with dean and me when there is still a chance that this will not be needed anymore this tournament?

That is not true.
  • The game for Hour #26 is in Round 20, and deantursx's next move will be the last one of the game.
  • wesleymilo, having 1 stamina point, will be eliminated if he places anything other than 1st (thus I didn't invite him).
  • deantursx, with 2 stamina points, will only be eliminated if he places last. Even if he wishes to suicide - his cards nuke his 3 remaining stacks, and he manages to suicide his deploys such that he remains with just 7 regions with all 1's - it is impossible for his troop count to fall below wesleymilo's troop count of 4.
  • Thus, he finishes in 2nd at worst, and has at least 1 stamina point remaining.
As such, the next game is necessary. However, whether jcarter1 or deantursx wins the game for Hour #26 does depend on the last turn :) .
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby jcarter1 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:11 am

OMG.. i forgot the round limit -_-
Major jcarter1
SoC Training Adviser

Postby deantursx on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:15 pm

jcarter1 wrote:OMG.. i forgot the round limit -_-

Lol no you didn't...its I that forgot. Well played though!

Highest Score: 3047 - 2/11/13
Major deantursx

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #27]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:57 pm

deantursx wrote:
jcarter1 wrote:OMG.. i forgot the round limit -_-

Lol no you didn't...its I that forgot. Well played though!

Hahaha, how did BOTH of you guys forget the round limit when it's been 9 games since the rule was implemented! :P Anyway...

Update

After a dramatic hour of dancing where the strongest dancer seemed to change all throughout, it was jcarter1 who managed to dance the most consistently while conserving the most energy, taking home the win for the hour, and holding on to his 5 stamina points.

With that, wesleymilo is eliminated from the tournament, while deantursx barely hangs on with just 1 stamina point.

At this juncture, jcarter1 just has to win 1 dance to win the tournament, while deantursx needs to win 3 dances in a row to win it all. The loss for deantursx in Hour #26 certainly was costly, as it gives jcarter1 the stamina to survive 2 games without risk of elimination, instead of just 1.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #27]

Postby jcarter1 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:58 am

looks like game 1 drop already decided my fate. looking to go into game 2 almost for sure
Major jcarter1
SoC Training Adviser

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Hour #28]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:47 am

Update

deantursx brings himself one step closer to snatching the tournament away from jcarter1, after a sound victory over his opponent. If he can continue his progress for 2 more games, the win for the Dance Club will be in his hands! At this point, the tournament is still jcarter1's to lose. Now going into Hour #28.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: It's Always Sunny Dance Marathon [Winner: jcarter1]

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:31 am

Update

The dance marathon for Paddy's Pub has at long last come to an end after 28 long hours (also known as 1 year and 7 months) of dancing. The last of the dancers has finally collapsed on the dance floor from lack of sleep and stamina - all except for jcarter1 (Gladys), who still holds up with 3 stamina points.

It was certainly a hard-fought tournament, and a very deserving win in the end. jcarter1 clocked up 13 wins out of his 28 games throughout the tournament, which includes 6 Keg-Off wins out of the 8 he participated in. Winning the tournament was certainly no fluke. Even more amazing is how jcarter1 has been on this site for only a month longer than this tournament has been running.

It brings me great pleasure to announce jcarter1's first tournament win - and I don't think it will be his last.

=D> =D> =D> Congratulations jcarter1! =D> =D> =D>
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby jcarter1 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:01 am

Yaaaaaay.... what a tournament. When I joined only a few days after joining this site, I never thought it would take this long *haha*. My strategy always was: As long as I am not eliminated first - and preferably last - I should be fine. Could not have dreamed of winning so many games overall. Thanks for rescuing and hosting this tournament ana!!! Truly a lot of fun!

btw - do I get one of those tournament achievement thingies now? That would be sweet :)
Major jcarter1
SoC Training Adviser

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:25 am

jcarter1 wrote:Yaaaaaay.... what a tournament. When I joined only a few days after joining this site, I never thought it would take this long *haha*. My strategy always was: As long as I am not eliminated first - and preferably last - I should be fine. Could not have dreamed of winning so many games overall. Thanks for rescuing and hosting this tournament ana!!! Truly a lot of fun!

btw - do I get one of those tournament achievement thingies now? That would be sweet :)

Well you fared very well, considering you joined with little CC experience under your belt! Which means the tournament has seen you ascend the ranks from a Private all the way to a Major! Kudos to you (:

Yep, that's a good strategy; in many tournaments, flying under the radar and purely playing for survival can sometimes get you further than a player who attempts to win every game. Just that you were fortunate enough to pick up those wins along the way as well!

And no problem, it was a pleasure for me to be able to rescue this tournament. After all, the players had invested so much time in it. Had a couple of bumps trying to iron the settings out at the start :oops: , but I'm glad it all worked out eventually :D . And yep, you'll be getting one of these Image once the Tournament Directors move this over to the Completed Tournaments! Congrats again!
Colonel anamainiacks

Previous

Return to Completed 2013