Conquer Club

Suggestion: Leave Ghosts Longer

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Suggestion: Leave Ghosts Longer

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:53 pm

I'm not sure how long the TDs leave ghosts up for when they move a tournament from Create/Join to Ongoing, but it's not long enough. Almost always by the time I go to create games, the ghost is gone and I have to search for my tournament in Ongoing. And I usually do it within 24 hours, so I'm guessing you guys are leaving the ghosts for 12 hours? Could it be made longer?
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: Suggestion: Leave Ghosts Longer

Postby chapcrap on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:01 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I'm not sure how long the TDs leave ghosts up for when they move a tournament from Create/Join to Ongoing, but it's not long enough. Almost always by the time I go to create games, the ghost is gone and I have to search for my tournament in Ongoing. And I usually do it within 24 hours, so I'm guessing you guys are leaving the ghosts for 12 hours? Could it be made longer?

We can possibly leave the ghosts longer. Usually this is me and I do 11 hours. However, I know that occasionally, the ghosts are deleted early. It's mostly to try to keep the Create/Join cleaned up.

An option that I use is to bookmark all my threads, so I can find them that way. I'll try to remember to leave the ghosts longer though.

Another option, that requires a change from our side is to provide a link to your tournament in the privileges PM that is sent out. I wonder if that is possible... I'm probably going to look into that.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:17 am

Thanks, chap!

It's not a really huge thing, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Night Strike on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:56 pm

I always do 24 hours for tournament thread movement and 48 hours for moving threads to proper forums (like if they're in tournaments but should be in maps or something).
Major Night Strike

Postby chapcrap on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:44 pm

chapcrap wrote:Another option, that requires a change from our side is to provide a link to your tournament in the privileges PM that is sent out. I wonder if that is possible... I'm probably going to look into that.

Word on the street is that our new developer will have a go at this. :-$
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Tournament Archives