Conquer Club

#GCCM What is the craziest map?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

#GCCM What is the craziest map?

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:06 am

Following on from Symmetry latest crazy map thread,

What is the craziest map?

show: showing your support for classic 2
Lieutenant koontz1973

Re: #GCCM What is the craziest map?

Postby jsnyder748 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:32 am

stalingrad, cricket, wwii ardennes, and poison rome.

I understand all maps, but for a new player these are some of the most daunting creations.
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:55 am

Monsters is weird. Took me a while to get used to that one, mostly visually. That patchwork one is the same deal and I'm not even going to try playing it, I can hardly look at it without intense retinal pain.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby anonymus on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:57 am

jsnyder748 wrote:stalingrad, cricket, wwii ardennes, and poison rome.

I understand all maps, but for a new player these are some of the most daunting creations.

i raise you monsters.. the above mentioned are childsplay compared to monsters.. even after 5-6 games and bob i cant wrap my head around it without cursing for a solid 5 min everytime i make a move.. but then again maybe im just a bit slow..

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Colonel anonymus

Postby anonymus on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:58 am

Funkyterrance wrote:Monsters is weird. Took me a while to get used to that one, mostly visually. That patchwork one is the same deal and I'm not even going to try playing it, I can hardly look at it without intense retinal pain.

ah got fastposted..
patchwoks is straightforward just a little hard to oversee colourwise..

Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Colonel anonymus

Postby macbone on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:20 am

I'd have to go with City Mogul. The bonuses on that sucker are nuts!

The St. Patrick's Day map gets the nod for my Oh God Please No category. It's fairly straightforward, but it has all the soul of a leftover cardboard pizza box (my sincere apologies to whoever designed it, but it's liquid bleach to my brain).

Doodle Earth is crazy for how fast games can be over on it. I started a doubs game yesterday, and already a player was eliminated before his turn (although his partner bizarrely did the most damage to him).
Colonel macbone

Postby jsnyder748 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:55 am

anonymus wrote:
jsnyder748 wrote:stalingrad, cricket, wwii ardennes, and poison rome.

i raise you monsters.. the above mentioned are childsplay compared to monsters.. even after 5-6 games and bob i cant wrap my head around it without cursing for a solid 5 min everytime i make a move.. but then again maybe im just a bit slow..

That should be on the list....but I play it so much it seems very easy for me to know whats going on
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:00 am

Here are my 2. Sheer mind f**ks but just crazy enough to be playable.
Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Gilligan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:03 am

The thing about Monsters is that I can UNDERSTAND attack routes, strategy is a different story.

With Stalingrad, I can't even understand attack routes there's so much going on.

I have a basic understanding of pretty much every map's attack options, except that, Trafalgar, Northwest Passage and Cricket.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Swifte on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:04 am

It's close for me... between Stalingrad and Northwest Passage! Stalingrad is 'good' crazy.. one of my favorites but so much going on!

NWP.. I still can't play without BOB... and that's crazy!
Colonel Swifte

Postby Agent 86 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:36 am

The Kings Court is a difficult map to master for beginners also, thankfully I'm getting training from one of the best on this map. Now there is Kings Court II, looked at it and went hmm, back to that one later ;)

Now I'm off to start playing the Conquer500, what a great looking map!!
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Agent 86 wrote:The Kings Court

Love this one.
Agent 86 wrote:Kings Court II

Just too damn large for me to play. But one day.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby jsnyder748 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:20 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
Agent 86 wrote:The Kings Court

Love this one.
Agent 86 wrote:Kings Court II

Just too damn large for me to play. But one day.

I have to say.....when you get past the large map (it is a lot to take in at once) KC 2 might be my favorite map. I have been a huge supporter of Das Schloss, Antarctica, and many more "new style" maps( I enjoy every map except Stalingrad :lol: and even this map I will play). KC 2, I think, beats them all in terms of enjoyment. The complexity, mixed with the variety of starting positions and the many different winning strategies for each type of setting make it my new favorite.

BUT im still in the testing phase of the map. I havent played it as much as Das and need to play many more games before I can truly say it is Number 1! lol
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Maybe you can teach me and Agent 86 how to play it one day. I know SirSebstar loves the map as well so maybe a doubles game.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:21 pm

I don't know about crazy but I don't take well to maps where you have to do too many calculations involving little "combo bonuses" that require you to really scrutinize the map and legend. I find myself making more errors of inattention that in the long run can prove ruinous. It's a different kind of strategy that requires more attention to detail than movement necessarily and I'm just not wired like that when it comes to strat. It also doesn't help that a lot of these combo bonuses are based on color and I'm color blind.

Example: Supermax
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby jsnyder748 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:09 am

Funkyterrance wrote:I don't know about crazy but I don't take well to maps where you have to do too many calculations involving little "combo bonuses" that require you to really scrutinize the map and legend. I find myself making more errors of inattention that in the long run can prove ruinous. It's a different kind of strategy that requires more attention to detail than movement necessarily and I'm just not wired like that when it comes to strat. It also doesn't help that a lot of these combo bonuses are based on color and I'm color blind.

no...color blindness would not be very much fun for those maps. I like supermax though. There are only a few bonuses that actually take a very long time to decipher. But who has all the time? :lol:
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby jsnyder748 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:11 am

koontz1973 wrote:Maybe you can teach me and Agent 86 how to play it one day. I know SirSebstar loves the map as well so maybe a doubles game.

im slowly waning out of my competitive phase and my score is showing it. I would be up for some fun team games in a bit when I have more time. :D
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:54 am

jsnyder748 wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I don't know about crazy but I don't take well to maps where you have to do too many calculations involving little "combo bonuses" that require you to really scrutinize the map and legend. I find myself making more errors of inattention that in the long run can prove ruinous. It's a different kind of strategy that requires more attention to detail than movement necessarily and I'm just not wired like that when it comes to strat. It also doesn't help that a lot of these combo bonuses are based on color and I'm color blind.

no...color blindness would not be very much fun for those maps. I like supermax though. There are only a few bonuses that actually take a very long time to decipher. But who has all the time? :lol:

Yeah, don't get me wrong I do enjoy supermax, I'm just not all that great at it. It's got to be one of the most badass themed maps and it's got a real unique feel to it.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Return to Conquer Club Discussion