Conquer Club

Conquer Club 2012 US Presidential Elections (completed)

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Conquer Club 2012 US Presidential Elections (Primary Deb

Postby lostatlimbo on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:07 am

3rd Round of Debates begins!
offinthecorner took a slim lead in the 2nd round of Republican debates, with 16 delegates in hand, but the field remains fiercely competitive.
Among the Democrats, chutley gobbled up 12 delegates for a party-leading 20 total. Kkelly and lawz21 also had strong showings of 11 each.
Nicho strung together back-to-back double-digit delegates in the first 2 rounds for 21 - 2 ahead of 2nd place, with 2 rounds left in the Independent debate.

UPDATED SCORESHEET

To join your Round 3 games please go to the Game Finder and search the following:
Game Status: Waiting for Players
Tournament: Conquer Club 2012 US Presidential Elections
Game Label: [enter your username]

For now, please only enter games that include your username in the title. Once you join these games, I will send out invitations to the opponents for that round. If you have any trouble finding or joining your games, please let me know.
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Postby merch313 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Tourney still active
Major merch313

Postby lostatlimbo on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Will update soon.

Re: Conquer Club 2012 US Presidential Elections (Final Debat

Postby lostatlimbo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:09 am

4th Round of Debates begin!
Republican Primary:
Espousing plans for a hefty Space Defense budget, offinthecorner matched scottp and his promise to uphold the 1st amendment - gaining 6 delegates each. Offinthecorner holds a +3 point lead over morleyjoe, who's rally against Terrorism only netted 4 more delegates. The final debate will be crucial in deciding the GOP nominee.

Democratic Primary:
lawz21 laid down a solid Immigration policy and scooped up 6 delegates to sneak +2 points ahead of chutley, who's Family Values campaign tour fell short with only 2 delegates. Denominator gained momentum by promising a crackdown on Crime and sits in 4th place (-6). Look out for "Dark Horse Danalan" (-10) who picked up 7 delegates - many expected to back chutley - with his own Small Town campaign tour. Danalan struggled explaining his Education platform earlier in the race, but could surprise with the right momentum.

Independent Primaries:
Immigration and Space Defense were also big winners among the Indie candidates, as Dukasaur visited Mexico and grabbed 10 more delegates to sit +2 ahead of the field. rgreffenius and J_Indr debated their plans for a NASA/DOD merger and each gained a debate-high 13 delegates - putting them into the fray at -4 each. Previous leader Nicho (-2) still managed 6 delegates debuting his stance on Nuclear Weapons, but struggled on rebuttals and is now tied for 2nd with traffic133. Separatist kizkiz (-4) demanded a dissolution of the republic and gained 9 more delegates to hang in the running.

UPDATED SCORESHEET

To join your games please go to the Game Finder and search the following:
Game Status: Waiting for Players
Tournament: Conquer Club 2012 US Presidential Elections
Game Label: [enter your username]

Once you join these games, I will send out invitations to the opponents for that round. If you have any trouble finding or joining your games, please let me know.

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:44 pm

ok I joined all the games I was supposed to join.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby kizkiz on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:48 am

I'm still awaiting my opponent in game 11768157
Major kizkiz

Re: Conquer Club 2012 US Presidential Elections (General)

Postby lostatlimbo on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:15 am

Its been a long, grueling campaign season and I'd like to thank everyone for sticking with it and being patient as I worked through a larger-than-anticipated group of candidates. It was a close, well-fought race to candidacy and without further ado, I present...

Your candidates for President of the United States of America
Republican Primary:RECOUNT

Democratic Primary:
Two leading democrats surged with 11 delegates each, but lawz21 maintained his lead with a +12 point push himself, to win the nomination with 37 total delegates.

Independent Primaries:
Traffic133 held off Nicho for the independent nomination and 37 delegates - falling just short of eligibility in this two-party duopoly. Congrats to Traffic133 for coming so close to making this a 3-way race!

UPDATED SCORESHEET

The two Presidential candidates will be contacted privately to choose their running mate and then will begin the bloody battle that is the General Election.

Postby lostatlimbo on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Your candidates for President of the United States of America
Republican Primary: Morely Joe takes over as the Republican candidate, as the first nominee - offinthecorner - declined the nomination due to time and budget constraints. The campaign trail is a vicious process and sometimes, even the winners are losers. Joe has chosen Scott P as his running mate.

Democratic Primary:
Two leading democrats surged with 11 delegates each, but lawz21 maintained his lead with a +12 point push himself, to win the nomination with 37 total delegates. Lawz chose Chutely as his running mate.

Independent Primaries:
Traffic133 held off Nicho for the independent nomination and 37 delegates - falling just short of eligibility in this two-party duopoly. Congrats to Traffic133 for coming so close to making this a 3-way race!

UPDATED SCORESHEET

Postby lostatlimbo on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:07 pm

The Republican candidates had this to say about their candidacy:

morleyjoe morleyjoe praised scottp as "an intellectual leader of the Republican Party" who also has "shown the ability to work with members of both parties to find common ground" on tough issues. "I don't know of anyone who doesn't respect his character and judgment."

scottp Mr. Chairman, delegates and fellow citizens, I am honored by the support of this convention for vice president of the United States. I accept the duty to help lead our nation out of a jobs crisis and back to prosperity, and I know we can do this. I accept the calling of my generation to give our children the America that was given to us, with opportunity for the young and security for the old. And I know that we are ready. Our nominee is sure ready. His whole lifeā€”his whole life prepared him for this moment, to meet serious challenges in a serious way, without excuses and idle words. After four years of getting the runaround, America needs a turnaround, and the man for the job is morleyjoe.

Postby lostatlimbo on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:30 pm

For anyone wanting to follow the Election, here's the current polls:

I will update the vote totals after each segment.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... SVmc#gid=2

Postby merch313 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:01 am

Tourney still active but all games look complete
Major merch313

Postby lostatlimbo on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Sorry for the delay, busy start to this year. Hope to get the finals going again soon.

Postby lostatlimbo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:34 am

Republican candidate morleyjoe and running mate scottp surged to an early lead over the lawz21/chutley ticket, gaining 77 votes during a trip to the heartland. Next the candidates head to New England, where Democrats usually flourish, but can the GOP keep its momentum?

Follow along here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... SVmc#gid=2

Postby merch313 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:37 pm

PM sent to TO
Major merch313

Postby lostatlimbo on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:51 pm

This tournament has been updated.

Postby lostatlimbo on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Final games sent. The Democrats must win in Texas and California and a few others in order to come back in this race.

Good luck!

2012 US Presidential Election Winners morleyjoe scottp

Postby morleyjoe on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:30 am

Not sure if the TO is going to be returning, but this is the final tally on the election.

It was a great battle against lawz21 and chutley! Thanks for a great tournament. I'll have to come up with my inauguration speech when it is official!

Click image to enlarge.
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Re: Conquer Club 2012 US Presidential Elections (completed)

Postby mcshanester29 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:45 pm

Congrats to morleyjoe and scottp for winning the Presidency :D
Private mcshanester29

Postby morleyjoe on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:02 am

mcshanester29 wrote:Congrats to morleyjoe and scottp for winning the Presidency :D

My fellow citizens:

I stand here today humbled by the task before us, grateful for the trust you have bestowed, mindful of the sacrifices borne by our ancestors. I thank President lostatlimbo for his service to our nation, as well as the generosity and cooperation he has shown throughout this transition.

When our founders boldly declared Conquer Club's independence to the world and our purposes to the Almighty, they knew that Conquer Club, to endure, would have to change. Not change for change's sake, but change to preserve Conquer Club's ideals; life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness.

I express my gratitude to all my opponents for being part of this great campaign, and my adulation of my vice-president, scottp for his tireless efforts in making this day a reality.

Let us pledge together to make these next four years the best four years in Conquer Club's history, so that on its 10th birthday Conquer Club will be as young and as vital as when it began, and as bright a beacon of hope for all the world.
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby lostatlimbo on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:51 pm

Congrats to morlejoe and scottp on winning the presidency! Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks to all for playing.

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:19 am

morleyjoe wrote:
mcshanester29 wrote:Congrats to morleyjoe and scottp for winning the Presidency :D

My fellow citizens:

I stand here today humbled by the task before us, grateful for the trust you have bestowed, mindful of the sacrifices borne by our ancestors. I thank President lostatlimbo for his service to our nation, as well as the generosity and cooperation he has shown throughout this transition.

When our founders boldly declared Conquer Club's independence to the world and our purposes to the Almighty, they knew that Conquer Club, to endure, would have to change. Not change for change's sake, but change to preserve Conquer Club's ideals; life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness.

I express my gratitude to all my opponents for being part of this great campaign, and my adulation of my vice-president, scottp for his tireless efforts in making this day a reality.

Let us pledge together to make these next four years the best four years in Conquer Club's history, so that on its 10th birthday Conquer Club will be as young and as vital as when it began, and as bright a beacon of hope for all the world.

Great job, morleyjoe!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Previous

Return to Completed 2013