Conquer Club

NHL Lockout?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Will there be another NHL lockout this season?

Total votes : 0

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Timminz on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:58 am

ben79 wrote:Kadri is awesome !

Yup! And Lupul is on fire since returning from missing 25 games with a broken arm.

ben79 wrote:Toronto will probably make the playoff for the first time since 2004 ...

In sixth right now, which is better than 4th or 5th. I mean, if the season ended right now, who would you want to face in the first round? Boston, Ottawa, or Winnipeg?
Captain Timminz

Postby ben79 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Timminz wrote:

Yup! And Lupul is on fire since returning from missing 25 games with a broken arm.

ben79 wrote:Toronto will probably make the playoff for the first time since 2004 ...

In sixth right now, which is better than 4th or 5th. I mean, if the season ended right now, who would you want to face in the first round? Boston, Ottawa, or Winnipeg?

That is why i'm hoping a 2nd or 1st for MontrƩal. Toronto, Boston are too big for us in a 4 out of 7. Ottawa ( with great coaching from the stache ) are gonna be trouble as well. MacLean gets my vote for the Jack Adams.

In another order of idea : What did you guys think about the trades today ?

Too Expensive for Bishop ( Conacher + 4th round pick in 2013 )

Pominville ? Gaborick to Columbus .. how weird is that ?
Lieutenant ben79

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Yesterday's game was shit. Oh well at least we're first in the East.

Also, Penguins got Jokinen from the Canes. ANOTHER deal.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Serbia on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Yesterday's game was shit. Oh well at least we're first in the East.

Also, Penguins got Jokinen from the Canes. ANOTHER deal.

Jussi Jokinen. Big deal. It's not even Ollie Jokinen-when-he-was-actually-good.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Neoteny on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:48 pm

ben79 wrote:
Timminz wrote:

That is why i'm hoping a 2nd or 1st for MontrƩal. Toronto, Boston are too big for us in a 4 out of 7. Ottawa ( with great coaching from the stache ) are gonna be trouble as well. MacLean gets my vote for the Jack Adams.

In another order of idea : What did you guys think about the trades today ?

Too Expensive for Bishop ( Conacher + 4th round pick in 2013 )

Pominville ? Gaborick to Columbus .. how weird is that ?

TB fans this year have been bitching and moaning about goaltending (inconsistent) and defense (nonexistent, "let's watch their forwards stand around our goalie and slap a puck around for a few minutes." Fucking hit the guy). Now that Conacher has been shipped out, everyone is all of a sudden confused and angry about why he was on the block. You've got to pony up someone, and Stamkos isn't going anywhere. I think I agree that Conacher + the pick is a bit too expensive, but whom on the TB lineup would have sold that one? I like Conacher, and I hope he does well in Ottawa. If I were the TB management though, I would have pursued a solid defenseman with a little experience. I think Lindback is passable if we have some sort of help in front of him, and we could focus on improving goaltending later. Then again, we can focus on defense later too. I say "we" like I'm a real TB fan, but I've enjoyed them while I've been down here.

I'm seriously disappointed that the Wings did jackshit.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Serbia on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Neoteny wrote:I'm seriously disappointed that the Wings did jackshit.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Trade Deadline Day used to be an event here in Detroit. The Wings were always wheeling and dealing. Among our previous acquisitions: Chris Chelios, Wendel Clark, Ulf Samuelsson, Larry Murphy, Todd Bertuzzi, Mathieu Schneider, Brad Stuart, Robert Lang... we were always picking someone up. Now? They're HOPING that Bertuzzi, Mikael Samuelsson, and Darren Helm come back from being injured all year to be their "deadline additions". It's quite disappointing.

BUT... I'm not surprised. The salary cap is going down next year. Detroit isn't a piece away from winning the Cup... they need several pieces. They're high on some of the young kids in their system, so they're being cautious in trading away pieces. I'm hoping they are active this offseason. Of course, I hoped that this past offseason too, and all they got was Jordan Tootoo (who I like, but he's a role player), Samuelsson (hurt) and Carlo Colaiacovo (hurt most of the year). They did sign Damien Brunner, who turned out to be better than expected, but he hit a major wall, not scoring in 16 games. They tried to sign Parise and Suter, but failed as they both went to Minnesota (for ridiculous contracts, I might add). We'll see if they can lure anyone to Hockeytown this time around.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Well that was the worst game of the season.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Gillipig on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Serbia wrote:
Neoteny wrote:I'm seriously disappointed that the Wings did jackshit.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Trade Deadline Day used to be an event here in Detroit. The Wings were always wheeling and dealing. Among our previous acquisitions: Chris Chelios, Wendel Clark, Ulf Samuelsson, Larry Murphy, Todd Bertuzzi, Mathieu Schneider, Brad Stuart, Robert Lang... we were always picking someone up. Now? They're HOPING that Bertuzzi, Mikael Samuelsson, and Darren Helm come back from being injured all year to be their "deadline additions". It's quite disappointing.

BUT... I'm not surprised. The salary cap is going down next year. Detroit isn't a piece away from winning the Cup... they need several pieces. They're high on some of the young kids in their system, so they're being cautious in trading away pieces. I'm hoping they are active this offseason. Of course, I hoped that this past offseason too, and all they got was Jordan Tootoo (who I like, but he's a role player), Samuelsson (hurt) and Carlo Colaiacovo (hurt most of the year). They did sign Damien Brunner, who turned out to be better than expected, but he hit a major wall, not scoring in 16 games. They tried to sign Parise and Suter, but failed as they both went to Minnesota (for ridiculous contracts, I might add). We'll see if they can lure anyone to Hockeytown this time around.

Bollocks.

Now that your wheels are gone you can't deal anymore ;).
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Click image to enlarge.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby whitestazn88 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Don't know how much I like the Caps trade from yesterday (Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat and a prospect). I don't know enough about Forsberg, but the concensus around me was that he was too good to trade. We'll see how Erat plays. They seem to be turning it around at the right time, Green just scored a goal, and I think that gives him a goal in 4 straight games, which is nice. I hope the Erat trade is enough to push us into the playoffs, and maybe get us to the East Conference Finals.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Timminz on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Leafs picked up Ryan O'Byrne for a fourth round pick.

That's right, nothing for nobody.
Captain Timminz

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Timminz wrote: nothing for nobody.

nobody's contract is more null than nothing's
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby denominator on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:04 pm

One day after honouring Steve Sullivan for his 1000th game played, the Coyotes trade him for a 7th round pick.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby sempaispellcheck on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Well that was the worst game of the season.

I was at the Garden. You should have heard the fans - acting like they'd just won the Cup.
The game was awful. We were playing Rangers hockey: dump, pretend to chase, give away.
Rangers' new boys looked good, though, which also sucks, because it makes Sather look good.

Hopefully Jussi gives us a bit of a spark, and we can do better tonight.
sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby oVo on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Three points out of a playoff spot the Stars front office says "they haven't given up on the season," yet send Jagr --their high scorer-- to Boston.
Major oVo

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:46 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:

I was at the Garden. You should have heard the fans - acting like they'd just won the Cup.
The game was awful. We were playing Rangers hockey: dump, pretend to chase, give away.
Rangers' new boys looked good, though, which also sucks, because it makes Sather look good.

sempai

Weird to think about it but our defense has been really shaky since the loss of Martin and Crosby.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Serbia on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:03 pm

denominator wrote:One day after honouring Steve Sullivan for his 1000th game played, the Coyotes trade him for a 7th round pick.

Didn't know that - priceless!

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby sempaispellcheck on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:19 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:

sempai

Weird to think about it but our defense has been really shaky since the loss of Martin and Crosby.

It's not that weird when you consider that Letang's been out for a while, too.
It's amazing that we were able to win 15 straight games even with the injuries we had.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby Timminz on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:02 pm

denominator wrote:One day after honouring Steve Sullivan for his 1000th game played, the Coyotes trade him for a 7th round pick.

Is that better or worse than the flames trying to sell their entire line-up?
Captain Timminz

Postby Serbia on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:04 am

Datsyuk is fucking incredible! 2 goals last night in Denver, along with the winner with seconds left in OT. He does things with the puck that no one else in the league is capable of.

The Wings may just win enough to keep their playoff streak alive, but unless they're able to move up to the 6 spot, they'll definitely be 1-and-done.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby keiths31 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Sens slumping. Hope the return of Anderson picks them up a bit.
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

Postby denominator on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Timminz wrote:

It would be nice if the Feaster actually decided to rebuild instead of this "retool" bullshit he keeps selling everyone. The Flames needed to trade Iginla last season or the year before when his stock was still high, and Bouwmeester was actually a fairly decent trade (though one wonders how Feaster manages to get talked into strange conditions on every pick). Dumping Comeau for a 5th rounder was a terrible trade.

The issue in Calgary is more in the management and development of prospects. The Flames have a terrible history of draft pick busts and grooming prospects into nothing. We'll see how they do at the draft this year, with a top-5 pick and 2 20-30 picks.

Postby Timminz on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:40 pm

denominator wrote:
Timminz wrote:

It would be nice if the Feaster actually decided to rebuild instead of this "retool" bullshit he keeps selling everyone. The Flames needed to trade Iginla last season or the year before when his stock was still high, and Bouwmeester was actually a fairly decent trade (though one wonders how Feaster manages to get talked into strange conditions on every pick). Dumping Comeau for a 5th rounder was a terrible trade.

The issue in Calgary is more in the management and development of prospects. The Flames have a terrible history of draft pick busts and grooming prospects into nothing. We'll see how they do at the draft this year, with a top-5 pick and 2 20-30 picks.

I'm hoping they get at least one of the guys from the Halifax Mooseheads. The Moose are a great team to watch this year, and it would be nice to be able to see some of those guys in Calgary, while I'm living there for the next few years.
Captain Timminz

Postby denominator on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Timminz wrote:
denominator wrote:
Timminz wrote:

I'm hoping they get at least one of the guys from the Halifax Mooseheads. The Moose are a great team to watch this year, and it would be nice to be able to see some of those guys in Calgary, while I'm living there for the next few years.

I'd be happy with either Seth Jones or Nate MacKinnon. Drouin is more of a small, skill guy and I'm not convinced he's good enough to be dominant at the NHL level. I'm a season ticket holder with the Hitmen (our local WHL team) and have seen most of the prospects from the WHL - wasn't too impressed with Shinkaruk or Pulock but I think Josh Morrissey would be a good mid to late first round steal.

Postby ben79 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:43 am

Lieutenant ben79

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,