Conquer Club

[CC3] SEMI FINALS KoRT vs TOFU 29-31 - Final 5/2

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC3] SEMI FINALS KoRT vs TOFU 27-30

Postby Doc_Brown on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 pm

niMic wrote:29-31, definitely a lot closer than many people thought it was.

Well, 27-31 so far, though I admit those last two are starting to tip your way. ;)
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby josko.ri on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:
niMic wrote:29-31, definitely a lot closer than many people thought it was.

Well, 27-31 so far, though I admit those last two are starting to tip your way. ;)

They are not starting to tip our way, they were going our way the whole time. In Cc4 thread you quited your past comment proving that you were right so I can do it also here: 24 February I write to CoF in Stalingrad game chat that it is last his win in games vs my team in this challenge, and there were still 8 games ongoing and I was right, as usual. So you see that is nothing new that those 2 games are going our way, maybe new only for outsiders as they cannot see wht is happening inside the fog.
Major josko.ri

Postby cachejob on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:41 pm

thanks for the war KORT, it was a pleasure. some top notch performances from both sides.
General cachejob

Postby Arama86n on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:30 am

josko.ri wrote:[...] and I was right, as usual.[...]

I could write something, but... at the end of the day you get the job done so well yourself that there is no need.

gg KoRT
Major Arama86n

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:34 am

Congrats to TOFU on the win. Now go prove us you belong up top and win it all. :) Yes this cow is pulling for you.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:48 am

Thanks Bruce, that's nice of you to say so mate.

We never take anything for granted against you guys & gals and true to form you gave us a run for our money right up to the wire. Very well played indeed =D>

So....same time next year?

Best wishes for 2013 and the Clan League.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby comic boy on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:43 am

Bruceswar wrote:Congrats to TOFU on the win. Now go prove us you belong up top and win it all. :) Yes this cow is pulling for you.

Well said mate , good challenge and its great that members of both clans are currently playing fun games together with mutual respect on both sides =D>
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby Seulessliathan on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:29 am

Thanks for a great challenge, was a tough fight all the time , well done KORT =D>
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby krikee on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:06 am

Yes, thanks for a great challenge KORT! Well-played, one and all.
Thornton Cottage | Law | Music | Tech
Best: 2547 / Colonel on 2010-11-10
Major krikee

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:40 am

is there just 60 games total, no tiebreaker was programmed? Oh well josko, i have to say you were right then, this war might have been decided by 1 game.
Major betiko

Postby Arama86n on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:33 am

betiko wrote:is there just 60 games total, no tiebreaker was programmed? Oh well josko, i have to say you were right then, this war might have been decided by 1 game.

Dom wrote:Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

I have never particularly liked that quote, but it has come to mind often in regards to CC. With two good clans on the field the results should be rather even.
Major Arama86n

Postby fishydance on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:48 pm

Seulessliathan wrote:Thanks for a great challenge, was a tough fight all the time , well done KORT =D>

Indeed it was! And you deserve a truckload of cookies, Seul! Keep your eye out for them, I sent them off this morning :lol:
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Big Whiskey on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Bruceswar wrote:Congrats to TOFU on the win. Now go prove us you belong up top and win it all. :) Yes this cow is pulling for you.

Thanks Bruce.It was an epic battle from start to finish.I wish u and kort all the best.til next time....
General Big Whiskey

Postby Dako on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:56 am

Thank you for the challenge! I had some quality games here and enjoyed most of the war. Especially I was pleased with teambuilding games with fishy and merch, thank you both.
Colonel Dako

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:55 am

Arama86n wrote:
betiko wrote:is there just 60 games total, no tiebreaker was programmed? Oh well josko, i have to say you were right then, this war might have been decided by 1 game.

Dom wrote:Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

I have never particularly liked that quote, but it has come to mind often in regards to CC. With two good clans on the field the results should be rather even.

it was in reference to a bug report regarding the time change where kort got their turn stopped in the middle of the action. at that time,you guys had like +10 games advance and josko said that it had decided the war. I said that it possibly decided the game but not the war as they basically had to win all 12 games left. I said that I would swallow my words if they lose by just 1 or 2, so that's what I'm doing now.
Major betiko

Postby josko.ri on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:39 am

betiko wrote:
Arama86n wrote:

it was in reference to a bug report regarding the time change where kort got their turn stopped in the middle of the action. at that time,you guys had like +10 games advance and josko said that it had decided the war. I said that it possibly decided the game but not the war as they basically had to win all 12 games left. I said that I would swallow my words if they lose by just 1 or 2, so that's what I'm doing now.

I am glad you did not forgot it and just disappeared after situation showed I told truth, like many others did. I do not say it was impossible that some of the remaining 12 to go to their side, it can always happen some surprise (and still can in 2 remaining games). I said it is very likely that game will decide the war, which at the end showed to be truth.
Major josko.ri

Postby L M S on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:01 am

josko.ri wrote:
betiko wrote:
Arama86n wrote:

I am glad you did not forgot it and just disappeared after situation showed I told truth, like many others did. I do not say it was impossible that some of the remaining 12 to go to their side, it can always happen some surprise (and still can in 2 remaining games). I said it is very likely that game will decide the war, which at the end showed to be truth.

Not really, bud. That game was part of 31 that decided the war. Either way, josko...your clan or mine....only had to win 31 games, not 32. 31 was all we were ever trying to do, against KoRT, that's proof enough.
Thank you for a well played war and enjoy that great big cow pasture in the sky until we meet again.
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Big Whiskey on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Dako wrote:Thank you for the challenge! I had some quality games here and enjoyed most of the war. Especially I was pleased with teambuilding games with fishy and merch, thank you both.

+1

2 great players that I would team up with anytime.
General Big Whiskey

Re: [CC3] SEMI FINALS KoRT vs TOFU 27-31

Postby Doc_Brown on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:53 am

What's with all the 23.5 hour turns in those last two games? I wonder if we'll see the turns speed up a bit now that the seeds for CC4 are done. It's crazy. Batch 2 was exchanged 28 January and one of the games is still going on. And it's only in round 22! And people were worried about trench games taking forever! :lol:
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby freakns on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:27 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:What's with all the 23.5 hour turns in those last two games?

josko pissing off cof, what else :D
Brigadier freakns

Postby Foxglove on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:31 pm

freakns wrote:

CoF definitely seemed pissed off, as he told josko he wanted him to just die (after calling him a bunch of nasty names, naturally, though that part is just par for the course).
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Doc_Brown on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Foxglove wrote:
freakns wrote:

CoF definitely seemed pissed off, as he told josko he wanted him to just die (after calling him a bunch of nasty names, naturally, though that part is just par for the course).

Never mind Josko's baiting in the forums I guess... Let the two of them go at each other. I think we'll be lucky to see a civil level of discourse between them eventually.

Edit: Just wanted to add that my post never mentioned Josko and I wasn't looking to for a big Josko/CoF debate, and I just deleted most of my response because I don't want to get involved in another fight about that. Please let's not beat that dead horse (or dead cow? ;) ). I purposely did not address anyone earlier and was trying to make a lighthearted half joking comment to see if we could get things wrapped up.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby fishydance on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:35 am

Big Whiskey wrote:
Dako wrote:Thank you for the challenge! I had some quality games here and enjoyed most of the war. Especially I was pleased with teambuilding games with fishy and merch, thank you both.

+1

2 great players that I would team up with anytime.

The pleasure was all mine... can't beat playing with quality players such as yourselves. Anytime you want a partner for a team game, let me know.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Re: [CC3] SEMI FINALS KoRT vs TOFU 29-31 - Final 5/2

Postby chemefreak on Fri May 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Moved to completed (48hrs). Privs removed. Dropbox updated. Medals issued.

:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Re: [CC3] SEMI FINALS KoRT vs TOFU 29-31 - Final 5/2

Postby josko.ri on Sat May 04, 2013 12:59 am

I am not at all disappointed in TOFU members for public acting like "top sports" when it is about speaking how they will be more than happy to replay a game screwed by site glitch, and then when it happens for real they change their opinion in totally opposite direction in order to advance to next round. Similar doings have already been seen by them in many past instances so I did not expected they will do different this time.

I am very disappointed in admins who did not come here and fix the injustice which is entirely their fault. The site glitch caused that around 25-30 KORT players who pay to this site for management and service lose their one year effort which was put in playing and managing leadership for this Cup, to be at the end eliminated by one game, which was decided by the site glitch. It is no need to say that majority of those players play more or less only clan games, and since CCup is the biggest clan event, they practically spend major part of their money to participate in this competition, to realize that at the end fault from the site service eliminated them from the competition. With putting site admins' heads in the sand when problem occurs rather than face the problem and find the fairest solution to solve it, it is not weird that in time of writing this post the site has 13.635 members, which is the lowest number in last several years.

KORT members showed their class, we do not call TOFU members with offensive names nor we give them all 1 stars ranks and rank description "Cowards", like they did when they felt unfairly eliminated in our first war. They may present this to public however they wish and act like great sports, but the plain fact is that they decided to get the win awarded to them by site glitch with no KORT's fault in that, while in our first war we got the win awarded by TOFU's mistake, so TOFU suffered the loss because of their own mistake, and KORT suffers the loss because of mistake from third party, which is in essence much more unfair, no matter how they try to present it to public.

Congrats for it TOFU, you must be very proud of yourself =D>
Major josko.ri

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges