Conquer Club

BOB 5.3.0

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby chapcrap on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:22 am

ender516 wrote:Hmm, apparently the XML on this map has been modified recently in order to take advantage of the new collections feature which provides progressive bonuses for holding varying numbers of territories in a bonus zone. Previously there was a complicated interlocking set of continents which provided the peculiar progression of values. Now the code is simpler, but at first glance I am not convinced that it is equivalent to the old code or that it provides the numbers listed on the map legend. I will investigate further and let you know what I find.

EDIT:

Okay, since this XML has been up for a month at least, if the bonuses were not working properly, there would have been a great hue and cry, and what I read in the XML Guide has straightened me out (when all else fails, RTFM). So the problem is that BOB does not understand how to report collections. Okay, that goes on the list of things to fix.

It's already been noted that there was an issue with the new XML.

See here: viewtopic.php?f=527&t=161049&start=240#p4090687
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: BOB 5.2.4 on Chrome?

Postby johnkelly00 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:17 pm

Chrome tells me that I cannot install scripts from the official linked source. Any suggestions on how to get around this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Captain johnkelly00

Postby ender516 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:30 am

Go to the top of this page and enter "Chrome" in the "Search this topic" field. You will see a number of recent posts which should be of help.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby didosdildo on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:36 am

Not sure if this has been covered but I'll ask anyway.
I'm on my dad's new laptop and I've installed BOB and the greasemonkey.
The problem I'm having is that when I get a message or try to access the forums it says I need to log in, even though when I return to my games i'm still logged in.
What have I done wrong?
Thanks
Major didosdildo

Postby Abyss24 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:41 am

Update on BOB install issue: I was finally able to fix this.

I was unable to install BOB on my new computer despite trying all the suggestions: re-install Greasemonkey, clean reinstall Firefox, cut and paste the text field, etc.

What finally worked was" I clicked on "Help" in the Firefox menu bar and , then selected the second option "Troubleshooting Information", then lastly clicked the button at the top right "Reset Firefox". It saved my cookies and bookmarks, everything else was cleared out, including Greasemonkey, which did not occur when I ran the clean Firefox re-install. I then followed the install Greasemonkey and install BOB links provided at the beginning of this thread.

Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone else who may be having this problem. Ender 516: thanks for your help, you got me past the initial BOB install issue I was having that I couldn't figure out, just wanted to pass this fix on to you in case someone else runs in to this problem.
Major Abyss24

Postby darth emperor on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:11 pm

didosdildo wrote:Not sure if this has been covered but I'll ask anyway.
I'm on my dad's new laptop and I've installed BOB and the greasemonkey.
The problem I'm having is that when I get a message or try to access the forums it says I need to log in, even though when I return to my games i'm still logged in.
What have I done wrong?
Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=472&t=113174
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby johnkelly00 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:58 pm

ender516 wrote:Go to the top of this page and enter "Chrome" in the "Search this topic" field. You will see a number of recent posts which should be of help.

I had already searched. Nothing seems to work - am I missing something? The closest thing was this - but I don't see how I can a) download the script and b) "drag and drop" it to the Chrome extensions area.

"If you trust the code, easiest way is to download it, open the extensions tab in chrome and drag&drop the file there. That will start the install-procedure."
Captain johnkelly00

Postby ender516 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Abyss24 wrote:Update on BOB install issue: I was finally able to fix this.

I was unable to install BOB on my new computer despite trying all the suggestions: re-install Greasemonkey, clean reinstall Firefox, cut and paste the text field, etc.

What finally worked was" I clicked on "Help" in the Firefox menu bar and , then selected the second option "Troubleshooting Information", then lastly clicked the button at the top right "Reset Firefox". It saved my cookies and bookmarks, everything else was cleared out, including Greasemonkey, which did not occur when I ran the clean Firefox re-install. I then followed the install Greasemonkey and install BOB links provided at the beginning of this thread.

Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone else who may be having this problem. Ender 516: thanks for your help, you got me past the initial BOB install issue I was having that I couldn't figure out, just wanted to pass this fix on to you in case someone else runs in to this problem.

Thanks for the info. I have never been on that Troubleshooting page, and that Reset Firefox button looks like a great last resort. I'll keep it in my back pocket.

Postby red42 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:46 pm

Update for those having trouble with Chrome AFTER being able to install BOB on it.

The issue is with Chrome 27: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.or ... w64iqHXJTI

The script breaks on line 80:
Code: Select all
if (!GM_xmlhttpRequest) { //chrome supports this function now

This used to work on Chrome 26, but they seem to have changed the way undefined variables are handled in 27.
Colonel red42

Postby red42 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:55 pm

A workaround for this issue, for the devs:
I changed line 80 to:
if (typeof GM_xmlhttpRequest == 'undefined') { //chrome supports this function now

That did the trick, but then the issue returns further down the road on line 636:
var oldHandleFrom = unsafeWindow.handleFrom;

This time telling us that unsafeWindow is undefined. And I have no idea what that's supposed to do. :)

Sorry for the techy stuff, I figure it's mostly useful for ender and the other devs. :/
Colonel red42

Postby red42 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Here's a general workaround for Chrome, including for those who can't install BOB on it.

Greasemonkey scripts (like BOB) support is broken on Chrome 27, but Tampermonkey works like a charm. Follow these steps:

1 - Get Tampermonkey: http://tampermonkey.net/ (Just click on Tampermonkey Stable button and allow the installation)
2 - Get BOB from the official source: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/52341 (Click on the green Install button. If it asks, choose to install on Tampermonkey instead of natively on Chrome)

I hope this helps other Chrome users out there.
Colonel red42

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:23 am

Really helpful, thanks.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ender516 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:12 pm

If Tampermonkey is all it seems at first glance, it may be the long-term answer to using Chrome to run Greasemonkey scripts which work in Firefox. It sure would be nice for development not to worry about how Chrome doesn't quite do what we are used to getting from FF.

Postby osujacket on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:40 pm

So new lap top Trying to install Bob

Whenever I go to any of my games it goes to parsing XML and never completes.

Firefox 20.0.1

Any Ideas?
Sergeant 1st Class osujacket

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:43 am

osujacket wrote:So new lap top Trying to install Bob

Firefox 20.0.1

Any Ideas?

you need to install greasemonkey first (before you can download bob) or do you get the xml parsing with playing?
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby ender516 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:13 pm

osujacket wrote:So new lap top Trying to install Bob

Firefox 20.0.1

Any Ideas?

That usually means you have installed an out-of-date version of BOB. Try clicking this: http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/52341.user.js

Postby osujacket on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:34 pm

got it thanks...dont know what it was but I deleted and reinstalled.

Help appreciated :)
Sergeant 1st Class osujacket

Postby Armandolas on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:16 am

Hello, why did the snap buttons moved to the bottom of some maps?
Colonel Armandolas

Postby rjhankey on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:58 am

Armandolas wrote:Hello, why did the snap buttons moved to the bottom of some maps?

That's related to changes implemented this past weekend -- moving the Round number label to the right of the screen, and moving the BOB buttons to make room for advertisements for freemiums. There are a few different topics floating around the forum about the havoc it's causing for BOB users and clickable maps.

Bug report

BOB bug report

Q&A Topic about it too

You're definitely not alone! The best solution I've seen proposed so far is to turn off BOB, take your turn, turn BOB back on, then take your snapshot, in cases where the BOB buttons have moved below the map.
Highest rank/rating -- Major / 2243 points -- May 21, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/XHQnpn5.gif[/img]
Captain rjhankey

Postby ender516 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:38 pm

rjhankey wrote:
Armandolas wrote:Hello, why did the snap buttons moved to the bottom of some maps?

That's related to changes implemented this past weekend -- moving the Round number label to the right of the screen, and moving the BOB buttons to make room for advertisements for freemiums. There are a few different topics floating around the forum about the havoc it's causing for BOB users and clickable maps.

Bug report

BOB bug report

Q&A Topic about it too

You're definitely not alone! The best solution I've seen proposed so far is to turn off BOB, take your turn, turn BOB back on, then take your snapshot, in cases where the BOB buttons have moved below the map.

I do not believe that the movement of the BOB snapshot buttons was deliberate. The BOB script examines the basic game page and inserts that row of buttons into it. The place chosen is right after the first thing at the top of the game page. For a tournament game, that puts those buttons just below the line with the tournament information. In the past, non-tournament games had that line, but it was empty, with zero height. With the latest changes to the game page, non-tournament games do not have that line in any form. Thus, the first thing at the top of the page is the "row" with the map on the left and the player list on the right. So, this should be relatively easy to correct.
Now, the issue with the site clickable map popups seems to be a separate one to me, but I have not seen the problem. Does it occur in both tournament and non-tournament games? If it only happens in non-tournament games, like the misplaced snapshot buttons, then perhaps the fix for hose buttons or a similar one will solve it. If it happens for all games, I will first need to know why I don't see it, and then perhaps I can figure out how to keep the popups out of the way.

Postby rjhankey on Wed May 01, 2013 12:32 am

The experience I've had so far is that the popups don't obstruct the clickable terits when the BOB buttons appear at the top where they belong. It's when they move to the bottom of the map that (in a majority of the cases) the popup messages prevent clicking on the terit to deploy/attack/reinforce.

Captain rjhankey

Postby rjhankey on Thu May 02, 2013 3:44 am

I think I may have stumbled on to a "workaround" ... changing the BOB setting to move the chat to the top seems to have repositioned the popups so they don't interfere with the clickable maps functionality. It's taking a little getting used to, but I think I could get accustomed to having the chat as the first thing I see on the game/map page. Seems to be working in my regular games and in the tournament games.

Captain rjhankey

Postby ender516 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:08 am

Oh, I always have chat on top, so perhaps that is why I have not seen the problem, but then again, I never see the popups, so I'm not sure what the whole story is.

Postby rjhankey on Thu May 02, 2013 11:17 am

Yeah, I think the chat on top affects the page spacing enough that the popups are not interfering with the clickable maps. I don't have any open turns at the moment, but the popups say "Click to deploy" or "Right click to advance none" ... I don't even pay much attention to them except when they popup over the terit I'm trying to click on. Now that I've moved the chat though, the popups are far enough away I don't really see them anymore.

Captain rjhankey

Postby ender516 on Sun May 05, 2013 4:21 pm

All right, folks, I have a version of BOB which seems to fix the snapshot button positioning issue. I don't have access to the userscripts.org account, so I cannot update the "GET BOB" link in the first post. However, you can try this version of the script and let me know how things work. If it goes well, we can see about fixing that link. So, here it is:

https://github.com/ender516/addons-for- ... ob.user.js

PreviousNext

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements