Conquer Club

Fundamental Flaws with the Democratic Party

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fundamental Flaws with the Democratic Party

Postby tzor on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:34 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Yeah, but suppose I like having brittle bones. WHAT THEN, DR. CONNETT?!

I have a wierding module and I know how to use it. My very name is a killing word. :twisted:
Cadet tzor

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:41 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:Abortion stuff not backed up by any evidence.

If your argument essentially boils down to this: people who are pro-life in the context of abortions that may save the mother's life are wrong, I agree with that.

If your argument is that most women choose to have abortions to save their own lives and not for any other reason, which seems to be what you've typed numerous times, then you're patently wrong. Not mistaken; not misinterpreted; you are WRONG.

I have never said that or anything close to that. I HAVE said that medically, an elective operation is one that is not 100% necessary to sustain life, limb, etc. You have argued that point over and over, but have never bothered to verify , you just post other links that further distort the issue.

I have further said that this intentional misunderstanding of the term has been conveniently paraded to support the anti abortion cause. Ironically, they go to greater lengths to ignore what the term abortion means medically.

I donā€™t have time to get into the rest AGAIN, right now.

And your continual attempt to present me as someone who somehow likes abortion, as opposed to just someone who thinks it needs to be legal because it is better than the alternatives is pretty dispicable.

And, it seems typical.

Just like your "logic" that being against the Republican party somehow means I am a card-carrying Democrat.

I'm not painting anything. You're painting it yourself. I'm distoring nothing. As I said, there is no reason for me to distort anything. I don't get anything out of this discussion. In fact, it's extremely frustrating having this same stupid discussion with you.

If you would like to justify abortion by saying "it needs to be legal because it is better than the alternatives" and include in the definition of "alternative" something other than "save the life of the mother," then we have no problem. The only times you ever mention abortion is to defend it by saying it is necessary to preserve the life of the mother. THAT IS NOT THE REASON WOMEN HAVE ABORTIONS!!! At least use the real reasons. Your problem is that you don't use facts or evidence. You make these bold statements with no basis in anything resembling real life or fact. And then you whine when people call you out on it.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Hopefully, that'll be different in the Minimum Wage thread, but we'll see.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:14 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:

Yeah, but suppose I like having brittle bones. WHAT THEN, DR. CONNETT?!

you might try studying physics. See, the harder something is, the more brittle it becomes.
just one of the many points ignored, and discussed pretty fully when this was brought up before.... jay's thread, I think it was?

Anyway, I am not arguing that it should not be debated or the issue re-examined. I am saying that it was a policy made based on science... and despite the claims to the contrary, has worked.

The "problem" is that our overall health, including dental health, is now so high that these other issue begin to matter, instead of being negligible impacts.

Its sort of like an old stats class example. If you are in a room (all needs met, no one can leave0 where random shotguns rain down and kill a random person every day, are you really going to worry that a chemical in the air might kill one in one hundred?
Now, people actually get to keep their teeth1 Flouridated water IS a big reason, but whether that need can now be met more effectively through other means, such as brushing more frequently, etc. Remember when kindergarteners learned to "brush once a day" ? Now kids are taught to brush "after each meal", or an absolute minimum of twice.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:22 am

thegreekdog wrote: The only times you ever mention abortion is to defend it by saying it is necessary to preserve the life of the mother.

Now you are just plain lying... or you have me seriously confused with someone else.

For the article... i started a new thread, as you mentioned above.

here is the link;
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=188046
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby tzor on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:22 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:you might try studying physics. See, the harder something is, the more brittle it becomes.

You might be more honest with playing around with words in the English language. Sure diamonds are hard. Sure diamonds are brittle. But you can typically drop a diamond without having it shatter into dust. There is a difference between a hard substance that has a fault line allowing specific forces to break it and something that can be broken from any force from almost any direction. The fact that people often confuse fragile with brittle is not something you should casually exploit.
Cadet tzor

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:00 am

tzor wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:you might try studying physics. See, the harder something is, the more brittle it becomes.

You might be more honest with playing around with words in the English language.

Its not "playing" with the English language. It IS basic physics.

But the broader point is that while the decision should be, and is being, re-evaluated, it needs to be done based upon science fact, not your personnal opinion.

AND.. even if the data shows a different conclusion today, that doesn't mean the past decision was bad or not scientifically based or that it is justification to ignore science in the future.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Yeah, tzor, you need some more science fact--less personnal opinion.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:59 am

I think their greatest weakness is intolerance and closed mindedness. That is not for all Democrats of course, and I am still eagerly anticipating the Tea Party Democrat revolution that is to come, but a good example of what I am talking about is on the issue of gay marriage. No matter what their opinion is on it, nobody wants to talk about it on either side (in my personal circles IRL). Everyone is in the closet. Since the issue is virtually all based on feelings, we never even get far enough to where the mind has even been introduced, much less opened, and the other person is automatically SIXHRB'd. And when things turn away from ideas and discussion and towards feelings and emotions, it can get pretty insane watching a person tolerate absolutely nothing but their own opinion in the name of tolerance. Just look at where almost all of the name calling comes from.

Here is a similar piece said much more eloquently.

Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 04, 2013 9:00 pm

Phatscotty wrote:I think their greatest weakness is intolerance and closed mindedness. That is not for all Democrats of course, and I am still eagerly anticipating the Tea Party Democrat revolution that is to come, but a good example of what I am talking about is on the issue of gay marriage. No matter what their opinion is on it, nobody wants to talk about it on either side (in my personal circles IRL). Everyone is in the closet. Since the issue is virtually all based on feelings, we never even get far enough to where the mind has even been introduced, much less opened, and the other person is automatically SIXHRB'd. And when things turn away from ideas and discussion and towards feelings and emotions, it can get pretty insane watching a person tolerate absolutely nothing but their own opinion in the name of tolerance. Just look at where almost all of the name calling comes from.

Just look at where almost all of the name called is deserved.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 04, 2013 9:01 pm

...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun May 05, 2013 8:38 am

LOL

Stupid comment, ... but if that comment were made, as it often is by folks in all parties, by a WASP or (or even WASRC.. anglo saxon Roman Catholic ;) ), it would not have made a blip.

"Send them back where they came from" is about getting people out of office or off the election circuit in today's political vernacular.

Ironically, the slip was more about NOT being racist than being racist. I can remember being down south, with a bunch of guys in a blue-collar job, joking around. One did or said something incredibly stupid -- not "bad", just roll your eyes "funny/stupid". I sidled up to him and said "Boy, you....". I looked around and saw stoney silence. The guy was black. It had not even occurred to me that there was any kind of racial negative implication. I explained and was forgiven, made me realize I had to just think a bit more. More ironically, those folks regularly referred to women around as "girl"-- and not necessarily even thinking of it as a negative.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 05, 2013 2:39 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:

LOL

Stupid comment, ... but if that comment were made, as it often is by folks in all parties, by a WASP or (or even WASRC.. anglo saxon Roman Catholic ;) ), it would not have made a blip.

"Send them back where they came from" is about getting people out of office or off the election circuit in today's political vernacular.

Ironically, the slip was more about NOT being racist than being racist.

You'll find a way to excuse pretty much anything a Democrat does, won't you?

Postby tzor on Sun May 05, 2013 5:10 pm

Woodruff wrote:Just look at where almost all of the name called is deserved.

You woke up a perfectly month old sleeping thread to write this?

Everyone calls everyone else names. Please don't consider "your" side lily white.
Cadet tzor

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 05, 2013 7:00 pm

tzor wrote:

Everyone calls everyone else names. Please don't consider "your" side lily white.

Look dumbass, did you even look at the post I made IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THAT ONE? As in probably less than one minute after that one?

I mean, my God...you didn't even comment on it, EVEN THOUGH I WAS POINTING OUT that a Democrat was engaging in dumbassery.

Then did you even comment on my next post in the thread, which was a response to PLAYER? It's like you're blinded by some light you've created in your own mind.

I would also point out that the Democrats are FAR FROM "my side". I find them as reprehensible as the Republicans as a group...though I admit that I find some individual Republicans to be the worst of the bunch. I know you can't help but see the world as "us and them" though, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Stop being a partisan hack.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon May 06, 2013 12:59 am

Easy now, haus.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Woodruff on Fri May 24, 2013 5:29 pm

tzor wrote:

Here's some more of "my side" being lily white, dumbass:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/24/jon-stewart-rips-obama-for-aggressive-investigation-whistle-blowers-instead-of-bankers/

Funny how I so rarely see you doing the same, isn't it? I find that funny.

Postby tzor on Fri May 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Woodruff wrote:Funny how I so rarely see you doing the same, isn't it? I find that funny.

I am not a comedian. (Mind you, I might be pretty good if I actually tried.)

Mind you, Republicans still have the 11th commandment, brought to us from the mountain by Reagan, "Thou shall not speak ill of any fellow Republican."

And finally, I just don't have any reason to. It just doesn't come up in casual conversation.

I mean, do you really want to see me tear into McCain?

And don't get me started on Chris Crispie Cream Christie.

Or the current head of the Republican Party in the state of New York,
Cadet tzor

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri May 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

LOL

Democratic has nothing to do with it. Being in the south, does.

by the way, for all you want to paint me as "just a Democrat", I have voted for far more Republicans than Democrats, even in the last election. I just did not vote for McCain or Romney.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Fri May 24, 2013 7:35 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

LOL

Democratic has nothing to do with it.

As far as your defending them, it certainly seems to.

PLAYER57832 wrote:Being in the south, does.

No, being in the south doesn't have anything to do with your defending them.

PLAYER57832 wrote:by the way, for all you want to paint me as "just a Democrat", I have voted for far more Republicans than Democrats, even in the last election. I just did not vote for McCain or Romney.

Yeah, and Phatscotty votes for more Democrats and he constantly complains about the Republicans too. Sure. Whatever.

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,