Conquer Club

THOTA Clan Information

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: THOTA Clan Information

Postby laughingcavalier on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:36 pm

chemefreak wrote:"Uncle chemefreak, would you please explain necrobumping to me?" asks a young child.

"Sure," chemefreak responds, "see the post above this one."

Grow up.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:51 pm

I think Cheme was joking. :) THOTA was a damn fine clan.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby RiskTycoon on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:57 am

it was and I do miss it.

After being gone for so long I found myself wondering how everyone was doing. I sure do miss all the heated games and even the occasional inner turmoil (mostly caused by me!) I asked to be quietly removed from the clan thinking it would make me want to start a new chapter in my CC life.... But I found it made me less interested in logging in at all. Thinking about it now I wish I hadn't had myself removed and together we tried to keep THOTA alive.

We had a good run. It's nice to reminisce....
"How do you like that? Even among misfits you're a misfit!"
Major RiskTycoon

Postby benga on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:23 pm

RiskTycoon wrote:it was and I do miss it.

After being gone for so long I found myself wondering how everyone was doing. I sure do miss all the heated games and even the occasional inner turmoil (mostly caused by me!) I asked to be quietly removed from the clan thinking it would make me want to start a new chapter in my CC life.... But I found it made me less interested in logging in at all. Thinking about it now I wish I hadn't had myself removed and together we tried to keep THOTA alive.

Still don't understand why THOTA disappeared, they had enough members to carry on (with couple of more additions) they would still be a top notch clan.
Sergeant benga

Postby Hatchman on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:45 pm

benga wrote:
RiskTycoon wrote:it was and I do miss it.

Still don't understand why THOTA disappeared, they had enough members to carry on (with couple of more additions) they would still be a top notch clan.

Low morale basically.
Major Hatchman

Postby niMic on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:26 pm

I wonder if it'll ever be back. THOTA as a social clan is just a little bit sad.
Highest score: 3692
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby RiskTycoon on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:35 pm

morale for sure.... I think there were things that destroyed morale and made it tougher to continue.

We/they could have carried on. Top notch for sure, every member had a passion for winning. It's what made THOTA one of the best.
I think it was just time to leave the legacy behind.

I don't think any one who knows about clans or participates in them will not hear of or know of THOTA. We sure did have a target on us
that other clans where aiming for for a very long time. "Set the standard" as someone already said. We were the clan to beat.
Major RiskTycoon

Postby RiskTycoon on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:36 pm

niMic wrote:I wonder if it'll ever be back. THOTA as a social clan is just a little bit sad.

I wouldn't count on it.. but for some reason I don't think I would rule it out either. Never know I guess.

If it does... can I join?
Major RiskTycoon

Postby keyborn on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:59 pm

RiskTycoon wrote:
niMic wrote:I wonder if it'll ever be back. THOTA as a social clan is just a little bit sad.

I wouldn't count on it.. but for some reason I don't think I would rule it out either. Never know I guess.

If I can ever figure out how to add you back, I will. Our group leaders are no longer active on the site...Incandenza, David_Wain, AndrewB, and Blitzaholic. One of us who is active on CC and still in THOTA needs to become a group leader. Then we can add you back...stayed tuned RT...I will see what I can do... :D
Brigadier keyborn

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:02 am

I only got involved in the clan scene (Untouchables, then LOW, then TOFU) so I could one day beat THOTA. It was my driving force, such was their esteem. Great clan comprised of marvellous players and decent people. Biggest regret was not to face-off against them in the CC1 final - that's what hurt the most from all that saga - and I often think it was their loss to KORT that brought on the apathy.

"I don't aspire to join you, I aspire to beat you" - my PM to BW in 2008 when he invited me to join. Still remember that.

I hope you guys in Thota do manage to resurrect something. Phoenix from the ashes and all that. Good luck in your endeavours.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby niMic on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:21 am

I remember playing against THOTA with the Regulators. I have no idea why they would play us, but it ended as you would expect.
Highest score: 3692
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby angola on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:34 am

I remember getting to play THOTA in CC2 and being really excited, as well as intimidated. Here we were, some young clan trying to prove ourselves, going up against the best of the best.

We didn't win, but we held our own.

The clan world is definitely a lesser place without THOTA. I would love to see them rise from the ashes.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby RiskTycoon on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:16 am

keyborn wrote:
RiskTycoon wrote:

If I can ever figure out how to add you back, I will. Our group leaders are no longer active on the site...Incandenza, David_Wain, AndrewB, and Blitzaholic. One of us who is active on CC and still in THOTA needs to become a group leader. Then we can add you back...stayed tuned RT...I will see what I can do... :D

I would like that, Keyborn. Thank you and good to see you.

Great comments folks. I enjoy hearing them for sure. Sounds like THOTA gave something to aspire to. That's nice to hear because all that time I thought everyone
hated us!
Major RiskTycoon

Postby comic boy on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Guys
A few of us have been playing games together and would like to run a little tournament this summer , if you are interested then get in touch with Jack who has agreed to be social group leader.
Anybody( Nimic , Si , etc )who fancies a game or two against a THOTA vets team , just let me know , we may not be 'competitive' any more but we still take some beating :D
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby RiskTycoon on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:40 pm

that's a cool idea.
Major RiskTycoon

Previous

Return to Clan Archives