Conquer Club

What type of bonuses are possible?

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What type of bonuses are possible?

Postby Gillipig on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:41 am

I have some questions regarding what type of bonuses are possible to create.
1) Is it possible to wire it in a way that you lose a bonus if in addition to that bonus you hold a certain region?
2) And (is it possible) to lose a bonus if another certain bonus (multi region bonus) is held?
3) Is it possible to create a bonus that removes a negative bonus? Ex, hold region "a" to get rid of negative bonus aquired through holding region "b" and "c".
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Re: What type of bonuses are possible?

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:45 am

yes yes and yes.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Gillipig on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 am

Great, didn't expect all of that to be possible since I can't think of any map where either has been done.
Okay, so now I know the map I've been planning in my head can actually be done.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:10 pm

I belive you guys mis-understand each other. I belive Gillipig meant "is it possible to nuke yourself if you hold a bonus and a certain region", so you lose your bonus if you hold that region. This probably applies to his other questions. (An example on Classic map: if you hold whole Australia bonus and London... on your turn, Australia gets wiped if you hold London by the start of a turn)
Captain dakky21

Postby Gillipig on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 am

dakky21 wrote:I belive you guys mis-understand each other. I belive Gillipig meant "is it possible to nuke yourself if you hold a bonus and a certain region", so you lose your bonus if you hold that region. This probably applies to his other questions. (An example on Classic map: if you hold whole Australia bonus and London... on your turn, Australia gets wiped if you hold London by the start of a turn)

I honestly don't see how what I wrote could be interpreted that way. I didn't have nuclear spoils in mind, I was thinking of bonuses.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Return to Foundry Discussions