Conquer Club

Update Tracking Thread

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Update Tracking Thread

Postby Gilligan on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:34 pm

Love the smilies!
Captain Gilligan

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:07 pm

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Image

Someday.
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby plurple on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:26 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Image

Someday.

my poor penguin may he be healed someday [-o< :cry:
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby codierose on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:18 am

game finder still saving searches not fixed for me
Major codierose

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:23 am

codierose wrote:game finder still saving searches not fixed for me

I get this problem as well, quite annoying. Can just log in and out though.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:36 pm

It seems that Join a Game Update was not formally announced.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:57 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:It seems that Join a Game Update was not formally announced.

It snuck up on us last night. I'll make that post now :)

BMO

Update Tracking Thread

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:26 pm

Join A Game/Game Page Update

Join A Game Page

Hey everyone! As you may have noticed, there's been a change to the "Join A Game" page! To show the newest and varied games to everyone, we now show the newest games on the forefront! The game numbers are now listed in a descending fashion (newest to oldest).

The Game Page

In an attempt to organize our page, the Game and Round Number of the game page has been moved to the right, and above the list of players and side statistics:

Due to this, BOB users may experience some technical difficulties.

We're hoping that these updates help pave the way for some future updates, as well! Thanks again to our Development Team! That's it for now, Conquer Club!

Regards,

BMO

Postby greenoaks on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:12 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote: Due to this, BOB users may experience some technical difficulties.

you should regularly move the game number around the screen
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Butters1919 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:18 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:We're hoping that these updates help pave the way for some future updates, as well! Thanks again to our Development Team! That's it for now, Conquer Club!

And pave the way for past updates to be finalized (new medals)? While I appreciate the efforts of the new Admin staff in their strive to advance the site, if it continues to involve incomplete or ill advised updates, I fear where things will lead.

ps - Thank you for reverting the game finder!
Cook Butters1919

Postby alster on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:26 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Join A Game/Game Page Update

Join A Game Page

Hey everyone! As you may have noticed, there's been a change to the "Join A Game" page! To show the newest and varied games to everyone, we now show the newest games on the forefront! The game numbers are now listed in a descending fashion (newest to oldest).

WOW. What is the underlying reasons for such a horrible update? (And it appears to have been implemented in game finder as well.) Do you guys ever start games? Some games are not immediately filled, but they move up the search lists and eventually someone finds them and join the games. Now, less popular games will be stuck at the bottom and not joined. Great way to make sure that less played maps, etc. are even less joined.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:19 pm

alstergren wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:Join A Game/Game Page Update

Join A Game Page

WOW. What is the underlying reasons for such a horrible update? (And it appears to have been implemented in game finder as well.) Do you guys ever start games? Some games are not immediately filled, but they move up the search lists and eventually someone finds them and join the games. Now, less popular games will be stuck at the bottom and not joined. Great way to make sure that less played maps, etc. are even less joined.

Those larger games with more complicated settings/maps are not what anyone should see when they first click "Join A Game." The nature of those games is that they should be the kind that people are actively searching for, not the kind of games that people stumble into. This way, it's at least being kept dynamic, and for most people on CC, their games are probably starting faster. An indirect effect of this is that it's also harder to farm those maps/settings in the future, so Conquer Club considers this a positive change in the whole, and we did consider map popularity, etc.

BMO

Postby alster on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Those larger games with more complicated settings/maps are not what anyone should see when they first click "Join A Game." The nature of those games is that they should be the kind that people are actively searching for, not the kind of games that people stumble into. This way, it's at least being kept dynamic, and for most people on CC, their games are probably starting faster. An indirect effect of this is that it's also harder to farm those maps/settings in the future, so Conquer Club considers this a positive change in the whole, and we did consider map popularity, etc.

BMO

I never click "Join A Game", so no personal opinion really. But I do search for games, and now old games come last in the search. I think those old games will likely build up when people aren't "forced" to look and consider them having made a search. Less popular games will be stuck at the bottom and not tried/joined in the same way. Don't think that's a good idea.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:37 pm

alstergren wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:Those larger games with more complicated settings/maps are not what anyone should see when they first click "Join A Game." The nature of those games is that they should be the kind that people are actively searching for, not the kind of games that people stumble into. This way, it's at least being kept dynamic, and for most people on CC, their games are probably starting faster. An indirect effect of this is that it's also harder to farm those maps/settings in the future, so Conquer Club considers this a positive change in the whole, and we did consider map popularity, etc.

BMO

I never click "Join A Game", so no personal opinion really. But I do search for games, and now old games come last in the search. I think those old games will likely build up when people aren't "forced" to look and consider them having made a search. Less popular games will be stuck at the bottom and not tried/joined in the same way. Don't think that's a good idea.

Perhaps we can make them return oldest results first in the game finder. I think that the affect it had on the game finder was unintentional, and I agree that it should list them in an ascending order.

BMO

Postby Rock- on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm new here,
I liked playing
now the clickable maps is broken.
now I hate playing. It's ridiculously annoying to even try to take a turn
thanks for totally ruining things
I won't be playing anymore until this is fixed.
Captain Rock-

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:03 pm

Rock- wrote:I'm new here,
I liked playing
now the clickable maps is broken.
now I hate playing. It's ridiculously annoying to even try to take a turn
thanks for totally ruining things
I won't be playing anymore until this is fixed.

Hey there Rock-, do you have the add-on BOB installed? If so, I suggest temporarily disabling it, as that looks to be the cause of most of the issues. Occasionally, a site update will not mesh with 3rd party scripts, and they have to be reworked.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

BMO

Postby greenoaks on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:18 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
alstergren wrote:

BMO

Perhaps we can make them return oldest results first in the game finder. I think that the affect it had on the game finder was unintentional, and I agree that it should list them in an ascending order.

BMO

i think your update to the Join A Game tab is great, and your reasoning. =D>

however if those games you don't want appearing on the first page are ones you think should be found by looking for them then Game Finder needs to remain as it was.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby SimplyObsessed on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:56 am

The downside is that making the newest games appear first will eventually create a huge backlog of waiting games.
Corporal 1st Class SimplyObsessed

Postby Big Whiskey on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:41 am

Any chance u can put the snapshots back on top or make it an option for the player?If u hide them during a turn,u have to leave then go back in to take the snap.
General Big Whiskey

Postby greenoaks on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:57 am

SimplyObsessed wrote:The downside is that making the newest games appear first will eventually create a huge backlog of waiting games.

which will fill when people go looking for them.

if only we had a way of Finding Games that sorted those old ones to the front.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby morleyjoe on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:19 am

greenoaks wrote:
SimplyObsessed wrote:The downside is that making the newest games appear first will eventually create a huge backlog of waiting games.

which will fill when people go looking for them.

if only we had a way of Finding Games that sorted those old ones to the front.

I really prefer to find games by going to the "Game Finder" and choosing the options of "waiting for players" and add the options I'm looking for (I NEVER use Join A Game, as it has no features in it of value to me in my search for games - it's useless as it currently is). The only thing that I would say needs to be added to the game finder would be a search order choice for older/newer games listed first option. I don't like how it now shows new games first, and fully agree that the older games will be less likely filled now. Poor choice to make it that way, and it will create a backlog of unwanted games even more so now.

As for BOB issues....don't get me started....
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby Jippd on Wed May 01, 2013 1:02 am

Butters1919 wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:We're hoping that these updates help pave the way for some future updates, as well! Thanks again to our Development Team! That's it for now, Conquer Club!

And pave the way for past updates to be finalized (new medals)? While I appreciate the efforts of the new Admin staff in their strive to advance the site, if it continues to involve incomplete or ill advised updates, I fear where things will lead.

I agree. Why not finish one before moving to the other? If there is a good explanation I'm definitely interested to know. Is finalizing the old updates too difficult compared with these new implementations?

I appreciate working on updates but to me it makes more sense to finish one thing completely before starting other things so I'm just wondering.

Thanks for the updates.
Major Jippd

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed May 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Jippd wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:

I agree. Why not finish one before moving to the other? If there is a good explanation I'm definitely interested to know. Is finalizing the old updates too difficult compared with these new implementations?

I appreciate working on updates but to me it makes more sense to finish one thing completely before starting other things so I'm just wondering.

Thanks for the updates.

We have a team of more than one person, so you have to understand that they take up/are assigned projects individually, and the projects get done at different rates per developer due to the size of the project, the priority, the amount of time they can dedicate to that project, etc.

Which medals update are you speaking of, besides the all-known forum appearance glitch?

BMO

Postby Butters1919 on Wed May 01, 2013 1:35 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Which medals update are you speaking of, besides the all-known forum appearance glitch?BMO

That and the fact that they are referred to as both platinum (in most places) and diamond (in others).
Cook Butters1919

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives