Conquer Club

close not even the curtesy to respond

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

close not even the curtesy to respond

Postby eddie2 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:20 am

at the request of bruceswar i am moving this here...
this is my idea for a new cup which i am willing to run and donate premium for prizes this is just the rough draft but contains rules format and prizes i want to issue...

please post if you would be willing to partake in this event. So i can see if it will be worth while.

this event will be a fully random draw event every round to be held in live chat on dates to be confirmed.

show: eligibility

show: individual wars

show: draw settings and dates

prizes

show: mvp award

show: beta map award

show: 1st 2nd 3rd place

player of the event 3 months premium.
best organizer of individual wars 3 months premium.

now bruceswar has posted this ....
Bruceswar wrote:Eddie if you wish to attempt to run a tournament, you need a few things... First off you need your own thread. So please do not post in this one again about it. 2nd you have a ton of holes in your post. If anybody other than CD's are gonna issue medals then you must post this in the tournament area.

for this event i am trying to bring live chat more into it this being in the form of mvp award..
discussions for who will get this award per round will be made in live chat with decisions on who gets the award made by live chat users. so since this will be done in live chat i have asked live chat mods to donate a medal for this reward. (along with premium i am paying for.)

for this event i am trying to introduce beta maps but not forcing it on any clan to use... for this i am asking cartography department to issue some medals for a clan willing to use beta maps helping the creators of maps to get more people playing them..

i have also asked admin if they would match some of the premium i will be buying for this event (roughly 4 or 5 years.) i have had a response for this but i will not announce it until i get responses from all departments.

that only leaves medals for
1st place
2nd place
3rd place
individual clan wars.
which falls under clan department are really the only medals being needed for this event and clearance from you.. because the other medals will be issued discussions happening outside of the clan section or for a clan who has helped out the cart department by using beta maps.

but like with the convo in live chat this morning.

8:18:07 ā€¹eddie2ā€ŗ will you donate some medals ?????
08:18:48 ā€¹Bruceswarā€ŗ no sorry
08:19:05 ā€¹Bruceswarā€ŗ we cannot donate medals to any tournament for extra uses
08:19:33 ā€¹Bruceswarā€ŗ we have 3 possible or so for the league
08:19:35 ā€¹Bruceswarā€ŗ which is what?
08:19:41 ā€¹Bruceswarā€ŗ a ton of games
08:19:46 ā€¹Bruceswarā€ŗ no idea the total ammount

i have asked for 3 medals and since this event could be as big as ccup4 i am only asking for the same medals off of you. with the same for mvp of the tournament and 1 extra for the person who organizes all these wars for there clans but all clans will get to nominate 1 organizer for this reward.and these are the players putting all there time into creating organizing running threads i feel it is only deserving to give them a medal for it..

so are you willing to issue all medals for what you are saying here...
08:11:27 ā€¹jetsetwillyā€ŗ if you are running a tournament that is not clan based it's fine. A clan based tournament will need privs and medals from CD's and they need to sign off on any tournament.
08:12:19 ā€¹eddie2ā€ŗ where does it say that ????
08:13:06 ā€¹eddie2ā€ŗ medals will be issued from another department, privs will be allowed as long as individual wars meet requirements of issue
08:13:25 ā€¹jetsetwillyā€ŗ can't remember if it does, but frankly even if it doesn't it's just common sense and courtesy
08:13:45 ā€¹Bruceswarā€ŗ if medals are being issued by anybody but us...
08:13:51 ā€¹Bruceswarā€ŗ then it must be posted in tournaments
08:13:52 ā€¹Bruceswarā€ŗ not clans
08:14:05 ā€¹jetsetwillyā€ŗ We aren't saying you can't run a tournament all, but if it's clan based that's how it has to be

or are you going to commend me for talking with other sections about possibly getting more medals that can be issued for events and maybe a bit of curtsey for being willing in spending 125 dollars for premium to run this event.
Last edited by eddie2 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain eddie2

Re: (to be comfirmed) cup

Postby chapcrap on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:44 pm

Again, as I posted in the other thread:

Do not post this in the tournament section. It's not a valid tournament if only clans are allowed.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Vid_FISO on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:45 pm

chapcrap wrote:Again, as I posted in the other thread:

Do not post this in the tournament section. It's not a valid tournament if only clans are allowed.

'tis in the clan section?
Major Vid_FISO

Postby BGtheBrain on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:49 pm

TNC is in
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:50 pm

we all ready have newcomers cup, so are these going to be Newcomers Cup Special edition ?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby chapcrap on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:51 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:

'tis in the clan section?

Yes, I'm stating this because of what Bruceswar stated.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby eddie2 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:03 pm

chapcrap i know this would not be valid in the tourney section.just proving clan mods don't really know how this site works... like bruce told me to do but he didnt count in the factor of 80 percent of places must be open to the public rule. and s why i am talking to other heads of department about running this somewhere else.
to be honest i don't really understand why bruce won't let this happen here only medals he would have to issue was for the clan wars and 1st 2nd 3rd place. which does come under his section and other medals have not been confirmed but are for contribution towards other parts of the site..

for everyone else i know i am a pain in the butt. at points but i want to give the clan world a proper equal event where every clan has a chance to win something. not the lopsided events that have been happening. i want it to be worthwhile for all clans to participate. also if you say you interested in this event i will not hold you to it. i just need to see if clans would like a event like this.... i have tried to make it that all wars in this event are down to the individual clans what settings they want with 3 rules in place.
no freestyle
no manual
and if nuc spoils are allowed the timing out rule applys
the rest is literally what we do every day for a basic war talk and come up with the settings you want for it
Captain eddie2

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:07 pm

eddie you are not pain in the ass, or ass pain ( dont know what are proper use word?)
but before start you need to go in these place and read guidelines for Clan tournaments.
viewtopic.php?f=438&t=169989&p=3713295&view=show#p3713295
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby eddie2 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:13 pm

also i forgot to add.
i want to incorporate live chat more into this event because i have had enough of the same old faces there everyday and think a lot of the clan section could add valid comments to the chats we have...

beta maps i want to add because people spend a lot of time creating these maps and i do not think it is right that we do not have them in the wars. where is the respect for these people who sit over a computer creating maps have them sitting in the melting pot for ages when a lot of clan members could actually provide good comments on how these maps play out and fairness of these maps.
Captain eddie2

Postby chapcrap on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:24 pm

eddie2 wrote:

chapcrap i know this would not be valid in the tourney section.just proving clan mods don't really know how this site works... like bruce told me to do but he didnt count in the factor of 80 percent of places must be open to the public rule.

It's 50%, not 80%. But yes, that's the reason why.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Vid_FISO on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:30 pm

eddie2 wrote:also i forgot to add.
i want to incorporate live chat more into this event because i have had enough of the same old faces there everyday and think a lot of the clan section could add valid comments to the chats we have...

beta maps i want to add because people spend a lot of time creating these maps and i do not think it is right that we do not have them in the wars. where is the respect for these people who sit over a computer creating maps have them sitting in the melting pot for ages when a lot of clan members could actually provide good comments on how these maps play out and fairness of these maps.

Maps are in beta for a reason, to find and correct flaws and glitches, do you think anybody would be willing to stake a war on something that could break or be changed with no notice?
Major Vid_FISO

Postby eddie2 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:36 pm

qwert wrote:eddie you are not pain in the ass, or ass pain ( dont know what are proper use word?)
but before start you need to go in these place and read guidelines for Clan tournaments.
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... w#p3713295

qwert i have never approached tourney mods the minute bruce said it was a tourney event i wiped that off as someone who is inexperienced in the rules for the clan department. i know the rules for public knowledge stuff for tourney rules. i also know there is no rules in place for someone wanting to run a clan tourney in clan section hence the reason why i asked where the rules are for what they were saying... i do not want to cause conflict about this event i just want to run a event give everyone taking part a chance to win something. how a tourney should be run.. at the end of it in the tourney section if a organizer would post a event saying we are going to seed by the map we are running highest seed verses lowest seed for the map they would not allow it. well i want a totally no seed event like the tourneys i ran in the tournament section

fast posted.
vid fiso that is why i am not going to say all clans must use beta. i am saying it so more people play these maps and comment on how the maps play if they want to. if they do not want beta maps it will be in terms and conditions of individual wars that are talked about between the 2 clans playing in that war and used if they agree. and the reason why i have asked that department to issue a medal for beta use.
Captain eddie2

Postby trinicardinal on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:55 pm

As I've told you eddie you don't really need to have LC to run this and I do feel it is best for this to be run under the blessings of the CD's since this is really a clans event. That does not stop the clans from using LC for discussions either for this or any other war/Cup similarly for Live draws, picking of MVP's etc. All are welcome and we also would be glad to see some new faces in LC. Live Chat is always open to partnerships with other departments within CC and to ideas of events.... and speaking of those.. we're partnering with the Cartograpers for an event in LC so keep your eyes out for details ;)

Your idea is intriguing in parts and it is nice that you are willing to sponsor so much premium but I really do think this is something to work out within clans first then we'll see what else can happen from there. Once details are more structured we can, I think, better see how/where LC may be able to partner with Clans on this matter.

trini
10:16:35 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby eddie2 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:11 pm

trinicardinal wrote:

As I've told you eddie you don't really need to have LC to run this and I do feel it is best for this to be run under the blessings of the CD's since this is really a clans event. That does not stop the clans from using LC for discussions either for this or any other war/Cup similarly for Live draws, picking of MVP's etc. All are welcome and we also would be glad to see some new faces in LC. Live Chat is always open to partnerships with other departments within CC and to ideas of events.... and speaking of those.. we're partnering with the Cartograpers for an event in LC so keep your eyes out for details ;)

Your idea is intriguing in parts and it is nice that you are willing to sponsor so much premium but I really do think this is something to work out within clans first then we'll see what else can happen from there. Once details are more structured we can, I think, better see how/where LC may be able to partner with Clans on this matter.

trini

one hundred percent agree trini and if clan section wants to take on this event do what i have done contacting other departments and run it under the individual war rules i have asked for allowing clans to talk about there wars the way it is done for normal wars i will still donate premium for it. as long as we add talks in live chat. beta usage for a extra medal and a medal for the main organizer for the tourney for the event for there clans.
Captain eddie2

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Eddie as you know this event needs a lot of work for it to be run in this section.

Few quick points:

1. Beta maps are not allowed if you want privs and medals for a number of reasons I do not think I need to explain.
2. When running an event of this size you should come to the CD's first before you start trying to ask every other dept about helping you out. (Take a page from LX on his TLO event)
3. Be sure you read this: Hosting a clan tournament and follow all the rules.
4. MVP medals will likely not be given, unless this event draws 30+ clans and has a substantial amount of games. (That is just how it works) And if it does, usually only 1 medal is given.
5. To issue premium in 3 month spurts you need to approve it with the admins first. King Achilles is the best to ask about that.

Now you have some interesting ideas and maybe there will be some demand for this, but you should really come to the CD's first before trying to go to a bunch of other Dept heads asking for things. With that being said, you need to clean up your first post, and then think about a lot of your ideas again. As of right now you cannot get privs with what you have.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby eddie2 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:10 am

Bruce i have posted a rough draft to put the idea of the tournament to the clans to see if they would be interested in it.as for beta map usage why wouldi not be allowef to have privs you gave privs and medals to the 1v1 tourney which was against the rules of privs
Captain eddie2

Postby Keefie on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:16 am

Bruceswar wrote:Eddie as you know this event needs a lot of work for it to be run in this section.

4. MVP medals will likely not be given, unless this event draws 30+ clans and has a substantial amount of games. (That is just how it works) And if it does, usually only 1 medal is given.

The above is not true, the Random League has already set a precedent. Random League II had only 9 clans but Snuden of the Headless Horsemen was awarded an MVP medal.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:36 am

Keefie wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:Eddie as you know this event needs a lot of work for it to be run in this section.

The above is not true, the Random League has already set a precedent. Random League II had only 9 clans but Snuden of the Headless Horsemen was awarded an MVP medal.

And the random league has quite a few games also. 30+ clans was just a and or many games. In other words if 4 clans signed up, then there would not be any MVP medal(s) handed out.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Seulessliathan on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:50 am

Bruceswar wrote:
Keefie wrote:

And the random league has quite a few games also. 30+ clans was just a and or many games. In other words if 4 clans signed up, then there would not be any MVP medal(s) handed out.

Seriously Bruce ....

Once you say 30+ clans. Then someone brings an example where you give medals although only 9 clans are involved.
Then you say more than 4 clans, and many games.
This is exactly the vague reply of somebody who wants to be able to set and change the rules whenever he wants.If this is NOT the case ( and i hope it isnĀ“t) , then:

Do yourself and everybody else a favor: DonĀ“t post such vague replies. Discuss with the CDs and the clan leaders and work out a number you can give us. Minimum of participating clans, minimum of games.

Answer can be something like: (numbers are quickly picked at random)
a) 10+ clans, 500+ games in total
b) 24+ clans
c) 1000+ games

If you continue with vague replies, people will lose faith in CD (seems like this already happened to several clan players, but itĀ“s never too late to regain some reputation and rebuild what was damaged lately)
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:41 am

Eddie knows what it takes to get an MVP medal. Just like any tournament giving out GA medals. This must be worthy of such a medal. That means it must be one of a few things. Either A) A large sum of games such as CL5, B) Have a bunch of clans taking part, such as CC4, or CL5, or likely the TLO. C) A good bit of length also. These medals are meant to be handed out when they are earned. I have told eddie what he needs to do in order to get them.

My answer was not meant to be vague, but rather a mistype(Yes I am not mistake proof). I am not trying to say he cannot get an MVP medal, but it will take more than a few wars to get there.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Keefie on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:20 am

So Random League II was completed with 432 games being played and an MVP medal was awarded. Am I right in saying that Eddies Cup will need around 10/12 clans in order to achieve about the same number of matches ?
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:22 am

Those numbers look about right. CD's have rights to those medals and issue them as seen fit. (Assuming the event ask for them) Lets see how this pans out before we start talking about a single few medals.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:40 pm

I think you'd want to have a default set-up for a match-up in the event two clans cannot reach an agreement.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby eddie2 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:21 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:I think you'd want to have a default set-up for a match-up in the event two clans cannot reach an agreement.

these are things i am going to add patrickaa i think i will sort out the full format tonight tommorow i just posted this thread to get a rough idea if clans would like the format.. just now i have contacted 1 or 2 departments to see where i stand....

1) asking clan mods if they will allow this kind of event to draw other areas to the clan section..
2) drawing clans to the tourney section..
3) finding a home for this event (asking for special privileges from admin to have privs to run it in general discussion refused (due to rules for privs(im ok with that).) if nobody will let me host it there
i have asked 3 areas if they would be willing to let me run this event if i follow certain rules or what rules they would want.. and waiting for a response.

all i can say is that so far from different sections i have been told i can have.

1)3 entrys into the conquerors cup
2)12 months premium added to 12 months i will donate...
3) some medals for one of the awards i want to give (with terms to it that dont sound 2 bad. all that has to happen is some feedback from teams/clans)
4) a match of half the premium i put down. (if another department agrees to give some medals.)
5)another department not confirming but i might get some medals to issue
6) i department saying they can not run the event but have asked if they are willing to pass some medals my way for terms they want for issuing of them medals.

this is the reason i posted this as has to be confirmed. because this event will incorporate several departments into the issue of medals and i need to find a home for it.. i also need to find out roughly how many clans will be interested in this style of event to get a rough idea if it is a go ahead. at the end of it i want a clan style event that will make it that even if you dont win there will be something up for grabs each round for everyone who takes part. i myself am going to be putting up to 5 years premium in this event to be split up between all clans who or if need be non clans who have teams of 14 as long as they sign up under a name and are not part of a clan who has a team in already.....

things i have still got to ask is...
1)will i be able to split the premium up into the 1 month terms that ccup4 has.
2)will i be able to get the privs if i have to move this to general discussions or callouts denied
3)will i be able to get some form of different medal for the winners.
Last edited by eddie2 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain eddie2

Postby eddie2 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:25 pm

well it has to be either clans or tourneys for this.
Captain eddie2

Next

Return to Clan Archives