Conquer Club

Tournament improvements

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Tournament improvements

Postby Night Strike on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:14 pm

P4Ssoa wrote:I am organizing a tournament at this moment. This is why I started this topic in the first plays. I see a system that could be so much better.

All the things you mentioned could easily be solved. You just need to do some effort and brainstorm with me.

Instead of:
Bad suggestion because we cannot check the tournaments if they meet the website rules.

You could've said:
Something to think about: The tournaments should always be checked if they meet the CC rules before people are allowed to join. So before they go on the "join tournament" page, were players can see them, they should go to the tounrament staff for review. Only when the staff verifies them, they should turn up on the join tournament page.

You can look for flaws to put this idea to the ground, but you can also help to get rid of these flaws and make a brilliant system.

I disagree that your idea is a brilliant system though, even if the flaws are addressed.
Major Night Strike

Postby P4Ssoa on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:49 pm

The whole purpose of this topic was to discuss how we could make tournaments better. I'm not trying to do it all by myself. If it looks like this it may be because nobody else is doing any effort to suggest something themselves.
I never said my suggestion was brilliant. I said litteraly "help to get rid of these flaws and make a brilliant system." That's asking everyone to put their thoughts into it. To work together to create a brilliant system.

I think the current system is amateuristic and unprofessional for a website like this. I know it can be better. I hoped to start a discussion on how we could make it better. If nobody wants this section to improve, better let the developers know they don't have to put any effort in it in the future.

Mod you can lock this topic and archive/delete it,
I rest my case.

ps: Greenoaks, you're posts are a real waste of space. You say you've got kids, but it seems you need to grow up yourself.
Maybe you should just stay out of this topic and do something usefull with your life, because the effort you've done by trying to take this suggestion down seems pretty pathetic to me.
Captain P4Ssoa

Postby greenoaks on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:17 pm

P4Ssoa wrote:ps: Greenoaks, you're posts are a real waste of space. You say you've got kids, but it seems you need to grow up yourself.
Maybe you should just stay out of this topic and do something usefull with your life, because the effort you've done by trying to take this suggestion down seems pretty pathetic to me.

:lol:

resorting to personal attacks when someone doesn't agree with your awesomeness is not childish at all.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Night Strike on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:07 am

P4Ssoa wrote:I think the current system is amateuristic and unprofessional for a website like this. I know it can be better. I hoped to start a discussion on how we could make it better. If nobody wants this section to improve, better let the developers know they don't have to put any effort in it in the future.

All CC Tournaments are run by regular users, who are amateurs by definition. Making it look like something done by professionals isn't necessary because it's designed to be regular users putting on events for other regular users. The professional arm of CC Tournaments is the Conquer Cup.

And there are many people who want to improve CC Tournaments, which is why I mentioned some of the items that are already in the works. Just because we weren't fond of this idea doesn't mean we don't want improvements.
Major Night Strike

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:56 am

While I see the merits of a complete overhaul, I also see many downsides.

One is that the easier it is to join/run tournaments, the less you care about a tournament. Ergo, more likely dropouts by TOs and players.

However, I think this system is 100% better than the current for organizing speed tournaments, and I would be willing to consider just a speed version of this.

NS, was it you who ran the Speed League or was it DJ?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Night Strike on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:58 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:NS, was it you who ran the Speed League or was it DJ?

DJ
Major Night Strike

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:17 am

Ok, I sent a link to DJ, asking for input.

p4S, some players who run a lot of tournaments like 313, blu etc. might offer better input than I can. You should ask the people who are making these 16 player 1v1 DEs or SEs what they think, perhaps by sending them a link. Not a lot of people check this forum regularly.

What do you think about a modified version just for speed tournaments?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby P4Ssoa on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:41 am

I appreciate every input. I will send both a message. I don't mean to claim this suggestion as my idea. I hope everyone can think together for ways to make tournaments better.
In post 1 is only a quick draft of what I had in mind and I was actually hoping people could discuss possible flaws/ups and downs of a system like that.

The speed version is actually a very good idea. I didn't even think about that to be honest. I agree that it would be a lot easier to organize speed tournaments this way. It's also a good way to test a system like this with a speed version.
Captain P4Ssoa

Postby greenoaks on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:37 am

P4Ssoa wrote:I agree that it would be a lot easier to organize speed tournaments this way. It's also a good way to test a system like this with a speed version.

a better way than what?

neither of you have run a speed tournament so how would either of you know ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby spiesr on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:49 am

I seem to recall that lack originally intended some of the tournament automation features to become publicly available. I am not sure where this stands on the current regime's priority list.
lackattack wrote:The Conquer Cup is fully automated, which means the games wil be created automatically and players will be matched and placed into games automatically. In the future this new tournament automation technology will be available for community tournaments as well.
From the Conquer Cup I thread.
Captain spiesr

Postby chapcrap on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:09 am

Finally caught up on this thread. My thoughts:

I would not be opposed to some small automated system for simplistic tournaments, but I would have those be run by the site, not the TO's. And only be 1v1 tournaments or something simple only have one at a time in sign ups. I do not think a whole overhaul of the system needs done.

I do like being able to see what tournaments that I am entered in.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Previous

Return to Suggestions