Conquer Club

[Forum] Strikethrough/Spoiler Buttons

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Strikethrough/Spoiler Buttons

Postby agentcom on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:32 pm

I would LOVE this. This suggestion seems like a roll call of moderators, btw.

MOVED back to active status.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:35 pm

agentcom wrote:I would LOVE this. This suggestion seems like a roll call of moderators, btw.

are you hinting i will soon turn green
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby agentcom on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:11 pm

greenoaks wrote:
agentcom wrote:I would LOVE this. This suggestion seems like a roll call of moderators, btw.

are you hinting i will soon turn green

We will see. Once we start seeing some headway on the current suggestions. We gotta lotta submitted and a lotta stickies right now. Ideally quick fixes like this one won't be held up like they have in the past. But for now, everything's waiting on the go ahead to move forward.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:59 pm

Strike through would be great for the tournies and the spoiler for everyone. Superb quick suggestion. I like this one a lot.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:34 pm

I have mentioned this in a separate thread about wall improvements, but it would also be great to get these (and other code buttons) available to use for wall posts.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:45 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:PWNED.

Also, I agree with MeDeFe on keeping quote and ridding underline...it's not used as much I think.

-rd

I like the suggestion, I'm against getting rid of underline.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby macbone on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:15 am

I support the addition of strikethrough and spoiler as well. They'd be very useful to have, particularly when updating lists of available games in the Callouts forum.
Colonel macbone

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:02 pm

I see no reason for this not to be approved, especially for [spoiler] tags.
MOVED to submitted.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby IcePack on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Hurray

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [Forum] Strikethrough/Spoiler Buttons

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu May 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Done :)

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby BGtheBrain on Thu May 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu May 02, 2013 2:51 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:
show

Wtf is this [Time][/Time]

It's to let you know what CC Time is going to be.

CC Time: 2013-05-02 15:00:00 is 3pm CC Time, but lets you know what times anywhere in the world it's going to be.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby greenoaks on Thu May 02, 2013 5:33 pm

=D>

could you move Strikethrough to sit with Bold, Italic & Underline
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby koontz1973 on Sun May 05, 2013 2:12 am

greenoaks wrote:=D>

This
show

By CC Time: 2013-05-06 12:00:00

As you can see, trying all of them out. =D> Will make my life a lot easier.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby agentcom on Wed May 08, 2013 12:01 pm

greenoaks wrote:=D>

I agree. Let's see if we can make this happen.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed May 08, 2013 2:20 pm

If I could have one or the other I would want spoiler since I rarely, if ever, use strikethrough but of course the more shortcuts the better. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby agentcom on Thu May 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:If I could have one or the other I would want spoiler since I rarely, if ever, use strikethrough but of course the more shortcuts the better. ;)

I don't think anyone is thinking about getting rid of anything. Greenoaks just wants strikethrough moved over with the other "text modifiers" like b/i/u, which I think makes sense. I'm wondering if spoiler should be by quote, code and list since those two are similar. In fact, I kind of think it should be after quote and before code since that is my impression of how frequently each is used.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Thu May 09, 2013 5:31 pm

agentcom wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:If I could have one or the other I would want spoiler since I rarely, if ever, use strikethrough but of course the more shortcuts the better. ;)

I don't think anyone is thinking about getting rid of anything. Greenoaks just wants strikethrough moved over with the other "text modifiers" like b/i/u, which I think makes sense.

yes, that is exactly what i was thinking and why.
agentcom wrote:I'm wondering if spoiler should be by quote, code and list since those two are similar. In fact, I kind of think it should be after quote and before code since that is my impression of how frequently each is used.

i agree, that would make sense for the same reason as my initial suggestion.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby rishaed on Thu May 09, 2013 7:53 pm

show

Thanks for adding the new tags :)
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby agentcom on Thu May 09, 2013 9:47 pm

Bad news. I just heard from rds that the order of the buttons is decided by the forum software, and we'd have to modify it to fix it. Given that this is a low priority, don't expect it anytime soon :(
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri May 10, 2013 12:55 am

agentcom wrote:

I don't think anyone is thinking about getting rid of anything. Greenoaks just wants strikethrough moved over with the other "text modifiers" like b/i/u, which I think makes sense. I'm wondering if spoiler should be by quote, code and list since those two are similar. In fact, I kind of think it should be after quote and before code since that is my impression of how frequently each is used.

Yeah I don't think I realized that these two actually existed yet(I obviously don't use them very often lol).

As far as the location I think it's about an inch and a half to move your mouse so I don't think people will be all that bothered. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby greenoaks on Fri May 10, 2013 4:46 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
agentcom wrote:

Yeah I don't think I realized that these two actually existed yet(I obviously don't use them very often lol).

As far as the location I think it's about an inch and a half to move your mouse so I don't think people will be all that bothered. ;)

before the update similar actions were grouped together. now they're not.

its about doing the little things right - attention to detail. things like updating the Rules or Instructions tabs, having the correct image display or the correct wording in all locations.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby agentcom on Mon May 13, 2013 7:38 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
agentcom wrote:

its about doing the little things right - attention to detail. things like updating the Rules or Instructions tabs, having the correct image display or the correct wording in all locations.

Please see my last post. If you have a problem with how the icons are ordered then talk to the folks that make the forum software. The way things are grouped now is based on how they order them. This update had no effect on images or the tabs that you mentioned. It had nothing to do with not paying "attention to detail." Can you reserve your passive aggressive criticism for where it's deserved? It's about attention to detail. Things like reading through explanations and posting feedback in the appropriate threads.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Tue May 14, 2013 8:12 am

agentcom wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
agentcom wrote:

Please see my last post. If you have a problem with how the icons are ordered then talk to the folks that make the forum software. The way things are grouped now is based on how they order them. This update had no effect on images or the tabs that you mentioned. It had nothing to do with not paying "attention to detail." Can you reserve your passive aggressive criticism for where it's deserved? It's about attention to detail. Things like reading through explanations and posting feedback in the appropriate threads.

feel free to take your own advice when you get off your high horse.

then you might notice the response is to why we bother to point out things that seem trivial to some.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:15 am

agentcom wrote:Bad news. I just heard from rds that the order of the buttons is decided by the forum software, and we'd have to modify it to fix it. Given that this is a low priority, don't expect it anytime soon :(

That doesn't seem like it should be the case to me. When quote was added it went right after underline... If it is the case, why would someone add all the of the new things we just added at the end? I think there is more to it... And strikethrough should be moved, IMO.
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions