Conquer Club

Give Medals for Mafia Games [Done]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: give a medal to the organisers of mafia games

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:54 am

Army of GOD wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Expect an announcement over the next week or so about some official love coming to the Mafia and Forum Games area. ;)

--Andy

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I've been waiting sooooo long!

What they didn't tell you was that the annoucement is going to be a permaban for Sully for both of those forums.

APRIL FOOLS!!!

No, I'm serious.

:cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: Give Medals for Mafia Games

Postby blakebowling on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:36 am

I believe the medals are going to be awarded on a conditional basis, so if the mod of the game doesn't think the winner(s) deserve(s) a medal, then they won't get one.
Private blakebowling

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:42 am

Well I'm in favor of polling the actual Mafia players who've been keeping the forum active. Maybe Chu can set up another poll regarding this in the CC Mafioso.

I started playing in Sept. or Oct, and I've got over 20 games under my belt, so you can imagine I've got some interest in the issue. I spend more time in the mafia games than anywhere else on CC (or the entire internet for that matter). Now, new players are great and all, but honestly I don't know how much of a draw medals will be. If the reasoning is that medals will entice new players, I believe that these players by and large won't be what we're looking for. I would like players who come because they have an interest purely in scumhunting. I would love for an expansion, but I'm of the opinion that a steady build-up of genuinely interested players who plan to stick around would be best for long-term thinking. It's like building anything, a solid base is needed first. A sudden expansion will collapse after a month or two. I think our various ads and the Scum Insider in the Dispatch have done wonders already.

That's not to say some of the old-timers shouldn't be recognized for their contributions, and I can understand the view that we should reward members for adding to the forum. After all, an active mafia forum would probably also mean an active forum throughout, and more customers for CC.

Back up off my Kool-aid.

Just sayin'.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:
Hank44Soccer wrote:great idea greenoaks its just the same ppl playing mafia it just not the samewithout colton24

Yea, its greatly improved since colton left. :roll: And who are you? I've never seen you in the forum before... :?

Hank's in my game, Mr. Squirrel ;)
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:01 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Well I'm in favor of polling the actual Mafia players who've been keeping the forum active. Maybe Chu can set up another poll regarding this in the CC Mafioso.

I started playing in Sept. or Oct, and I've got over 20 games under my belt, so you can imagine I've got some interest in the issue. I spend more time in the mafia games than anywhere else on CC (or the entire internet for that matter). Now, new players are great and all, but honestly I don't know how much of a draw medals will be. If the reasoning is that medals will entice new players, I believe that these players by and large won't be what we're looking for. I would like players who come because they have an interest purely in scumhunting. I would love for an expansion, but I'm of the opinion that a steady build-up of genuinely interested players who plan to stick around would be best for long-term thinking. It's like building anything, a solid base is needed first. A sudden expansion will collapse after a month or two. I think our various ads and the Scum Insider in the Dispatch have done wonders already.

That's not to say some of the old-timers shouldn't be recognized for their contributions, and I can understand the view that we should reward members for adding to the forum. After all, an active mafia forum would probably also mean an active forum throughout, and more customers for CC.

Back up off my Kool-aid.

Just sayin'.

-TG

The medals are not to draw new players in. They are merely to reward players who deserve it. The general stance is that the Medals will be given out occasionally for official games (you'll see!) atm. This is subject to change as developments come along.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby pancakemix on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:31 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:The medals are not to draw new players in. They are merely to reward players who deserve it. The general stance is that the Medals will be given out occasionally for official games (you'll see!) atm. This is subject to change as developments come along.

-rd

THAT is interesting. I'm anxious to see how this plays out now...
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
Hank44Soccer wrote:great idea greenoaks its just the same ppl playing mafia it just not the samewithout colton24

Yea, its greatly improved since colton left. :roll: And who are you? I've never seen you in the forum before... :?

Hank's in my game, Mr. Squirrel ;)

How many posts though? 2? Not much of what you'd call "playing" would you?
Captain safariguy5

Postby Commander9 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:51 pm

To be fair, I'm not sure if giving the mod the right to give out medals is such a good idea - I can already see a lot of friends coming, creating smaller games and this could end up a fiasco. I'd agree with the other before me that if we will have medals, they should be given based on what has the person done there rather than the basis of one game.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Commander9 wrote:To be fair, I'm not sure if giving the mod the right to give out medals is such a good idea - I can already see a lot of friends coming, creating smaller games and this could end up a fiasco. I'd agree with the other before me that if we will have medals, they should be given based on what has the person done there rather than the basis of one game.

lol like I said, just wait and see ;)

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Commander9 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:57 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:lol like I said, just wait and see ;)

-rd

Do we have any other choice? ;)
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:46 am

This is essentially covered by our Mafia / Forum Games Promotion! :D

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby greenoaks on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:02 am

AndyDufresne wrote:This is essentially covered by our Mafia / Forum Games Promotion! :D

--Andy

woot woot

i'm psychic
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby AslanTheKing on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:00 am

greenoaks wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:This is essentially covered by our Mafia / Forum Games Promotion! :D

--Andy

woot woot

i'm psychic

i need this thread to be on top, so bigballstaling will find it
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Previous